Author Topic: Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction
« on: July 31, 2023, 04:52:09 AM »
Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This is all about Satisfaction points for your starting Sim. Earn them, spend them, but you only score the points remaining at the end of the challenge.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult Sim (any life state).
  • Additions to the household and moving the household may only happen in Live Mode - no using the Household Management screen.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 1 Sim week (Week 2, Day 1, 8:00 AM).

Scoring

Total Points:  At the end of the challenge, check the number of Satisfaction points for the starting Sim. Only the starting Sim's Satisfaction points count. That is your score, sweet and simple.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Points
Vesper50675
mismck49585
Tipi39915
sone33280
jesslc31800
CynKuy30980
Metropolis Man27210
Elinoee24035
Eighty8Keys19435
Noyo19405

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 12:08:10 AM »
Have you forgotten about making the first event of each month short and straightforward? This is the 4th month in a row where we've had 1 week to play 2 sim weeks. I don't know what other people (who might be able to play every day) consider short but I think that 2 weeks of gameplay definitely counts as either a medium or a long event, depending on how much micromanagement of Sims is needed.

Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that I chose to sit out last month's achievement challenge after doing some research and realising that it was the same event as the mid season major event from 2019 with the only significant change being that this year we only had 1 week to complete it instead of the 5 weeks that people had for the 2019 mid season major. I don't see the point of starting events where I'll probably only get 1/4 of the way through, so I decided I'd rather sit out and do something else with my leisure time. I considered bringing it up at the time but I was super busy during that week beforehand when the rules of the achievement event were open for feedback and by the time I was less busy, the event had already started (so I concluded that it was too late to give feedback on it). But looking back at the achievement event now, I can see that 4 of the participants included comments related to how lengthy it was. Perhaps the team needs to reconsider what actually counts as short...?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 07:54:04 AM »
Thank you for your feedback, @jesslc. I brought your post to the attention of the team. Changing this event to only playing one Sim week is a possibility since this does not start until Monday. But, I want input from others and team members before making a change.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 04:22:52 PM »
I agree with @jesslc : for me it's a bit hard too to finish a 2 weeks sim event in only one real week, especially when I have a lot of work or when I go on vacation.
Not sure to be able to complete this one  :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 06:00:36 PM »
The challenge rules have been changed from 2 weeks to 1 in-game week.  Thanks for the input. :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 07:27:56 AM »
This challenge goes live tomorrow (Monday), so get any final questions in now if you have some. Good luck, everyone. And don't forget about the rule change in Teresa's post above.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 05:42:39 AM »
Tabitha Neal finished up her week with 33,280 satisfaction points.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 03:14:28 PM »
Having the challenge last only one Sim week was a great idea and made it a lot easier to fit in - thanks to those who raised/ changed it. Also thank you to everyone who wished me well, I'm doing a lot better.

Lana Del Yay (sorry) earned 50,675 satisfaction points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 01:49:08 PM »
Having the challenge last only one Sim week was a great idea and made it a lot easier to fit in - thanks to those who raised/ changed it. Also thank you to everyone who wished me well, I'm doing a lot better.

Lana Del Yay (sorry) earned 50,675 satisfaction points.

Great score, Vesper. :) I am so glad you are feeling better.

This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon. With the one-week Sim time rule change it should not take too much of your time.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 05:35:13 PM »
This time it was a really quick challenge  :D

My sim finally got 24,035 satisfaction points

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023, 01:25:37 PM »
Lucinda got 30,980 satisfaction points. This was a really fun challenge for me. Thanks.
Cynthia

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2023, 08:01:20 PM »
I could stack exactly 19.405 satisfction points in 1 sim week. Good luck, have fun al.. :-)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2023, 11:54:07 AM »
Had a busy week (again) and only got through 4 days. My Sim has 31800 satisfaction so far.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2023, 11:57:18 AM »
Had a busy week (again) and only got through 4 days. My Sim has 31800 satisfaction so far.

Thanks for participating, @jesslc, and again for suggesting making the one-week events easier. That was the whole intent at the start of the year and somewhere along the way, we got sidetracked. Lol. :)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 12:18:47 PM »
After a long hiatus from the Sims and this forum I decided to take on this challenge. My sim finished the week with 39915 satisfaction points. So annoyingly close to 40000 ...