Author Topic: Missing World Names  (Read 1339 times)

Offline futuramagal

• Nooboo
Missing World Names
« on: July 24, 2023, 07:46:48 PM »
Wondering if someone out there can help with a tiny issue I'm having with my main Sims 4 save file (playing on PC).  I posted on the Answers HQ and they told me to reach out to the modding community. Here's what's happening: Two worlds (Moonwood Mill and San Sequoia) on my World Screen are missing their names - only their icons are displayed.  When I enter either world, the Name, World Info and Eco Footprint are also missing (screenshots are attached). The world names are also missing from the Manage Household screens. Neither removing all mods, nor performing a repair rectify the situation and test save files display this info perfectly. I'm thinking the names of the worlds got overwritten with an empty string at some point (not sure how - I don't do any modding). Is there a way to get into the save file and fix this?

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Missing World Names
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 09:16:10 PM »
It's odd that in your current save the names are missing but in a new save it's all fine.  I'm not sure we can help fix it either.

It sounds like to me the save file it's happening in is corrupt. If that's the case it maybe best to just start with a new save. You may be able to play with you're current family if you save them to the library first. And then place them in a new save.

You could try creating a new Sims 4 folder or even uninstall/reinstall the game, but I don't think that will fix the actual save file.

If you want to get another opinion, you might try ModtheSims or Sims4Studio, if you haven't already to see if they can give you tips.

We aren't really a modding community. lol We try to help with gameplay questions and some tech help questions where we can. Otherwise we try to point to places that might have more knowledge to help further.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline futuramagal

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 07:17:34 PM »
Thank you - I really appreciate you pointing me in the direction of sites that could help.  I was not sure where to start!!

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 10:13:20 AM »
You're welcome!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything