Author Topic: Hints & Tips  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Hints & Tips
« on: June 25, 2023, 05:21:23 AM »
I'm starting this thread to share useful things that we learn about the new interactions available in Growing Together.

Please add anything you have discovered that you think will help others gameplay.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Child Adoption
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 05:25:24 AM »
My Sim married a townie with an adopted child. He had the usual option to Adopt as Care Dependent but he also got the option for Adopt as an alternative.

Going for the former doesn't register for the Family Aspirations that require a certain number of children/grandchild. My Sim went for the latter and the adopted child shows as a full son to him and full brother to his natural child. If you're shooting for the Family Aspirations, this may be really helpful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Hints & Tips
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 02:22:25 PM »
Yes, I don't know what, if anything, Adopt as Care Dependent actually does.  Kids and teens will ask any adult household member for advice, whether you've done it or not.  The school will call for random events, whether you've done it or not. 

A tip that some may not have noticed:  Infants will sleep wherever they run out of steam.  One poster on another forum never bought cribs, they just let them zonk out wherever.  The parent sim was broke and overwhelmed with their twin boys (and had made questionable choices leading up to them having twin boys) so it fit what was going on in the household.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 02:27:47 PM »
Yes, I don't know what, if anything, Adopt as Care Dependent actually does.  Kids and teens will ask any adult household member for advice, whether you've done it or not.  The school will call for random events, whether you've done it or not. 

A tip that some may not have noticed:  Infants will sleep wherever they run out of steam.  One poster on another forum never bought cribs, they just let them zonk out wherever.  The parent sim was broke and overwhelmed with their twin boys (and had made questionable choices leading up to them having twin boys) so it fit what was going on in the household.

After a grown-up sim selects "Adopt as Care Dependent" on a teen or younger sim, they can perform more interactions in the Parenting category on that younger sim.
For example, a grown-up can't perform the Encourage/Discourage socials on a sim that isn't a care dependent.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 01:19:56 AM »
I'd been worrying about them getting the Neglected buff when that happened so I always wake them up and put them in the cot. Do you know if they sleep fully when they zonked out in random places?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 01:48:34 PM »
[size=11ptInfant Milestones

Here's a list that I put together while raising my first Growing Together infant several weeks ago.
I am primarily interested in skill-related milestones so I don't pursue the Firsts and Life milestones for infants.
The below milestones are more or less listed in the order they can be learned although, for example, an infant can learn to roll over either onto Back or Tummy first.

Fine Motor (6) - related to Toddler's Thinking skill
*Learn to Reach
*Learn to Grab
*Put Toe in Mouth
*Learn Pincer Grasp
*Learn to Clap
*Learn to Wave

Gross Motor (8 ) - related to Toddler's Motor skill
*Roll Over to Back
*Roll Over to Tummy
*Lifted Head
*Learn to Creep
*Learn to Sit Up (required to sit in high chair)
*Learn to Crawl
*Learn to Dance
*Pulled to Stand

Social (8) - related to Toddler's Communication skill
*First Smiled
*Learn to Coo
*Learn to Laugh
*First Babble
*Learn to Peek-a-Boo
*Learn to Blow Kiss
*Blow a raspberry
*First word

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 01:57:05 PM »
I'd been worrying about them getting the Neglected buff when that happened so I always wake them up and put them in the cot. Do you know if they sleep fully when they zonked out in random places?
I believe they do, although I don't recall for sure.  Since they have to sleep so frequently, what I usually do is let them fall asleep wherever during the day, and then when the parent sim is ready for bed they put them in the crib.
One of my infants, as soon as he learned to scoot, played in a cupboard and made a trash pile.  He then ran out of gas and fell asleep in the trash pile!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.