Author Topic: Alvah Occults Legacy - 7/1/23 Chapter 10: Moon Children  (Read 7681 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/23/23 Chapter 6: Our Girl, Chaos
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2023, 02:02:11 PM »
@Granny Lawlor
I've never had a problem with Social Butterfly, provided that my child sim makes 3 new same-age friends while that aspiration milestone is selected.
It's been that way from the very start.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2023, 03:03:28 PM »
@Granny Lawlor
I've never had a problem with Social Butterfly, provided that my child sim makes 3 new same-age friends while that aspiration milestone is selected.
I'm still having problems with it. Possibly with children that have the Incredibly Friendly reward trait. The bar goes from 0 to full green after reaching that milestone but just doesn't register.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2023, 04:29:24 PM »
@Granny Lawlor
@Granny Lawlor
I'm still having problems with it. Possibly with children that have the Incredibly Friendly reward trait. The bar goes from 0 to full green after reaching that milestone but just doesn't register.
Hmmmm, I wonder if it's the Incredibly Friendly trait.
Since the devs kindly deprived us of the photographic-friend-making boon, my child sims have been doing old-school cloud/star/moon gazing.
Oh, but they're on a 64-tile lot, so that boosts friendship gain, too.
Let us know if/when you figure out what's causing the issue.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2023, 02:18:33 PM »

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions over the Villainous Valentine aspiration. I think the romance "leave spouse for me" option didn't pop up with Darrel because he and Morgaine got engaged through an autonomous pop up even though he already had a spouse - which, ordinarily the game doesn't allow for a sim to have two spouses/engaged at once. As for Simeon, although they had max romance bar, he wasn't actually her boyfriend, which I think is a requirement to get the "leave spouse" option to appear. Anyway, this is all good to know for future reference, whenever I try this aspiration again.

However, it really doesn't make sense for Morgaine to go out and try to complete this aspiration at this point in her life, when really it's time to get down to bringing in and raising the next generation - and also in light of something that happened in game which will be in the next update. So I think I'm just going to void this requirement and giver her something new, like Super Parent, to achieve.

As for the Social Butterfly aspiration, I don't think I've ever given my kids the Incredibly Friendly reward trait, so that could be the issue. Like oshizu says, however, I do always have to make three brand new child friends to get that done.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2023, 11:43:48 PM »
While watching Morgaine play through through her aspirations, I was a little surprised that she didn't combine the Have 8 Boyfriends/Girlfriends task with the Break Up 10 Couples task.
I can see why Simeon wouldn't leave his spouse for Morgaine. Sure, they had chemistry but they didn't have an official relationship so Simeon would be taking a big risk. ;-)

I agree that it's time for Morgaine to move on with her life. But we enjoyed and learned from her experiments with Villainous Valentine. :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2023, 02:21:56 AM »
Morgaine as a Super Parent? That's going to be intense. Why do I suddenly feel sorry for her children? I can't wait!  ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/24/23 Chapter 7: A Change of Heart and Mind
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2023, 07:46:55 AM »
Chapter Seven: A Change of Heart and Mind

Her spirits buoyed a bit by a night of sleep, Morgaine called up Taga the next morning. Did he really mean what he said the other day about not seeing her again?

His good nature reviled the nasty letters Morgaine had been so heartless as to send . . .

But he had to admit he found her irresistible anyway!

It was a good thing, too, seeing as Morgaine had some pretty important information to share: she was eating for two, and Taga was the father!

He was delighted!

That was the moment that something changed inside our dear Morgaine's dark heart.

In that moment, she decided to embrace the change and commit herself to her relationship with Taga.

There was just one little problem. Now that she was loyal, she had to confess that he wasn't the only one she'd been seeing!

Taga was as furious about the cheating as he was elated about the pregnancy. She'd been seeing just how many others behind his back?

Furious though he was, he did care about Morgaine and he wanted to raise the infant together.

Taga agreed to move in together.

Between the two of them - and thanks largely to Morgaine's money tree - they were able to scrap together just enough funds to buy a house with child bedrooms in Moonwood Mill.

It wasn't exactly a perfect situation, of course.

Taga was still deeply wounded by Morgaine's betrayal.

Still, he calmed himself and considered how best to deal with the situation.

He started with consulting a couple of his werewolf friends.

Jacob Volkov: "Another member for the pack? How excellent!"

Dakota Longclaw: "You're going to be a father? Dude, that's great!"

Taga decided to take their advice and focus on his child-to-be.

That was the moment that he found room in his heart to grow in a whole new direction.

He'd pick up painting, he decided.

Someone would need to stay home with the baby once it was born, and this was an excellent way to work from home and bring in some income.

Besides, he found he rather kind of liked it!

He was still a werewolf, however - and a hot-headed, inexperienced one at that - so when the full moon rolled around Taga lost control.

"You tricksy witch!" he shouted at Morgaine, as he fled off into the night.

He sped away on all fours, yet still strangely felt the need to check his phone. Gotta stay connected to that social media, I guess?

That was when the labor pains hit Morgaine. She was alone, and she could hardly drive herself to the hospital.

So she brought in a boy child to this world alone, which she called Salem.

Taga woke up the next morning feeling strangely sheepish and utterly nude!

Had he really just screamed at the mother of his child and left her, heavily pregnant all alone?!

He was relieved to find everything was just fine when he got home.

Morgaine was a capable and confident woman, who had stayed cool in a crisis. He had to admit, she had her good qualities too.

They doted over the child together.

And were so enamored of what they had made, that they decided to create another.

Generation One: Week Seven

Regular Create-a-Sim Start ✔️
No Roommates Allowed - Except the Co-Parent ✔️
Must Accept All Invitations from Romantic Interests ✔️
Serial Romantic: Have a Boyfriend or Girlfriend ✔️ Go on Two Dates ✔️ Achieve Level Four Charisma Skill ✔️ Have Had Three First Kisses ✔️ Achieve Level Six Charisma Skill ✔️ Have a Strong Relationship with Three Sims at Once ✔️ Kiss 10 Sims ✔️ Earn Gold on 3 Dates ✔️ Have Had 8 Boyfriends or Girlfriends ✔️ - COMPLETE
Move to Moonwood Mill ✔️
Super Parent: Become an Adult ✔️ Spend $1000 on Kid's Stuff ✔️ Become a Parent ✔️ Achieve Level 4 of the Parenting Skill 2/4
Secret Agent Career: 8/10

Note: Anyone else finding the painting in the screenshot where werewolf Taga shouts at Morgaine oddly appropriate? :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/25/23 Chapter 7: A Change of Heart and Mind
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2023, 08:21:19 AM »
Lol! Excellent episode with so much drama. And we all wanted Taga as the baby daddy! Salem is too cute.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
Yes, I agree with Granny Lawlor that we were all rooting for TAga!
My favorite shot was when werewolf TAga lost all control, but so much control that he'd forget to check his phone. Hilarious!
The new changes in the parents' personalities has also worked out well for this new family!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2023, 10:12:25 AM »

Yeah, Taga solidified himself as Morgaine's partner on his first date with her. Swimming at the Bluffs together was just so romantic - and steamy! Plus I popped copies of the two of them into Create a Sim and used the genetic option to see what their progeny would look like and was satisfied with the results. Of course, I'm sure you'll be interested to see what results the game generated in the actual save file, too, so here they come!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/26/23 Chapter 8: The Taming of the Witch
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2023, 11:12:44 AM »
Chapter Eight: The Taming of the Witch

Little Salem is well cared for in his infancy.

And ages up with the Top-Notch infant trait on his first birthday.

He inherits his mother's spellcasting ability, and his father's coloring, save his mother's hair. Like both of his parents, he has freckles: so cute!

Despite his good upbringing, he grows up with the destructive toddler trait, and thoroughly enjoys tearing down the dollhouse.

Whoops! Dad is onto him this time!

He also has an amazing Easter. He finds an egg his parent had hidden, and even gets to spend time with the Flower Bunny himself!

It's everything his tiny heart could dream of!

Taga suddenly dips the heavily pregnant Morgaine in a passionate kiss.

Morgaine: "Careful!"

Taga: "I'm so in awe of little Salem, darling, and I can't wait to see what comes next!"

Morgaine: "No more need for waiting. It's happening now!"

There's no need for panic this time (though he still does), as Taga is in his right mind and able to drive Morgaine to the hospital.

They come home with a little girl, which they name Raiya.

Taga continues to be just as amazed. Who would have thought family life would suit him so well?

Raiya grows up into a toddler, also satisfied with her infancy.

She inherits Taga's werewolf gene, her mother's skin tone, her father's eyes, and both of her parents' freckles.

Raiya develops the aggressive toddler trait - perhaps it's that wolf inside her?

She is eager to be read to.

Life continues on. Taga wakes up one day with a beard, but decides it doesn't suit him and shaves it off.

He keeps painting, and takes up a spot of gardening and fishing.

He finds a love of the outdoors - what werewolf wouldn't?

Morgaine hits the bricks to get in shape again.

She also develops the neat trait. Goodness, when did she get so boring? but somehow, she doesn't mind.

She works on her magic and even springs for the fancy cauldron this time.

Not that it helps. Maybe it's time to level up before trying that again.

Taga approaches Morgain with a proposition.

Morgaine: "Really? Another? But I just jogged off all that pregnancy weight."

They opt to have a science baby this time, if not to save Morgaine's figure, to keep the children close in age.

They bring home another girl, which they name Kasey.

It's a full and happy family.

Generation One: Week Eight

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2023, 12:38:34 PM »
I'm thinking it's a positive sign when one's offspring look good as infants.
(Thinking back to Prince's first infant and how he grew up into an odd-looking teen.)

Morgaine and Taga (you edited his name, haha) are really embracing family life, which is so heartwarming!
But the Destructive and Aggressive toddler quirks? I'd never seen those!  Sounds terrifying!
Are the blissful couple now aiming for a Big Happy Family?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2023, 12:54:46 PM »
I'm thinking it's a positive sign when one's offspring look good as infants.
(Thinking back to Prince's first infant and how he grew up into an odd-looking teen.)

Morgaine and Taga (you edited his name, haha) are really embracing family life, which is so heartwarming!
But the Destructive and Aggressive toddler quirks? I'd never seen those!  Sounds terrifying!
Are the blissful couple now aiming for a Big Happy Family?

Haha, I'm glad you noticed that I formally changed TAga's name to Taga. It was pretty much the first thing I did when moving him in. Salem's destructive quirk just means he tears down the dollhouse a lot. Maybe he can destroy other stuff but I haven't seen it. Raiya just aged up to toddler, so I haven't seen much about the Aggressive trait. She did queue up an action to bite Salem but dropped it for some reason. We'll see if she tries again.

As for Big Happy Family, I'm not sure that Morgaine will live long enough to achieve it, but it's certainly a possibility since she has three children. I guess it depends on how fast grand kids come along.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2023, 01:30:22 PM »
Haha, I'm glad you noticed that I formally changed TAga's name to Taga. It was pretty much the first thing I did when moving him in. Salem's destructive quirk just means he tears down the dollhouse a lot. Maybe he can destroy other stuff but I haven't seen it. Raiya just aged up to toddler, so I haven't seen much about the Aggressive trait. She did queue up an action to bite Salem but dropped it for some reason. We'll see if she tries again.

As for Big Happy Family, I'm not sure that Morgaine will live long enough to achieve it, but it's certainly a possibility since she has three children. I guess it depends on how fast grand kids come along.
It's so fitting that the first two children of the devious Morgaine and hotheaded Taga would get those toddler quirks!
Lots of opportunities to Discourage that behavior as Super Parents, haha.

As for Big Happy Family, I'd forgotten that Morgaine started out as a YA rather than a teen.
When I'm really desperate for the Matriarch/Patriarch trait, the firstborn son has to engage in some unscrupulous off-camera behavior to help with the 4 grandchildren.
But, really, Morgaine has achieved so much already! Gotta leave some things for future heirs to achieve, right!
Looking forward to watching Morga's three children grow up!
(Do you have a fixed succession rule?  For Mishmash, I just pick my favorite, lol!)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2023, 11:33:54 AM »

As for Morgaine and what other aspirations she could accomplish, I'm considering instituting a rule to the effect of "no more than two per person". I don't want to get so caught up in ticking off achievements that I don't have time for miscellaneous fun and storytelling. Also not sure if I want spares to do aspirations, too. Don't want to get bogged down again!

I don't have a fixed succession rule - totally just going with my favorite.