Author Topic: Alvah Occults Legacy - 7/1/23 Chapter 10: Moon Children  (Read 7673 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/26/23 Chapter 8: The Taming of the Witch
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2023, 12:28:46 PM »

As for Morgaine and what other aspirations she could accomplish, I'm considering instituting a rule to the effect of "no more than two per person". I don't want to get so caught up in ticking off achievements that I don't have time for miscellaneous fun and storytelling. Also not sure if I want spares to do aspirations, too. Don't want to get bogged down again!

I don't have a fixed succession rule - totally just going with my favorite. 

I agree that it's important to avoid being sidetracked!
My founder/heirs have only 2 required aspirations but always do more in the background unofficially to earn satisfaction points.
Same with spares/spouse--once they have the helpful store rewards, they can relax.
I have planned out all 10 generations in advance to avoid overlap, though I don't consider any aspirations or skills "reserved for the founder/heir."

The infant stage is super time-consuming for me.
Everything else practically goes on hold when there's infants in the house.
Haha, I feel like I'm missing some really important element in raising infants....
Why give us so many milestones that they can only all be earned on Long Lifespan?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 6/28/23 Chapter 9: Sister, Sister!
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2023, 12:38:09 PM »
Chapter Nine: Sister, Sister!

Top-notch infant Kasey turns into an adorable toddler and inherits her father's werewolf gene.

She, too, gains the destructive toddler trait.

What is with these kids?

Aggressive Raiya decides she's not so happy having to share the attention with another sibling.

She goes for the bite!

Ouch!

They develop a difficult family dynamic and often need to be kept separate from each other.

Raiya angrily stomps out her rage over the incident on the splash pad.

Salem, meanwhile, enjoys a chocolate cake for his birthday.

He earns that top-notch toddler trait,

And grows up into a handsome little tyke with a fondness for the outdoors. Just like dad!

He joins the scouts and selects Playtime Captain for his first aspiration.

It involves splashing, and socializing,

And lots of bike-riding fun.

Yes, this is a well-loved kiddo with plenty of confidence.

Talk about a great start on life!

There's plenty of love and fun for Raiya and Kasey, too.

Playtime with dad,

Reading with mom,

and who could forget the adorable werewolf "howl together"?

Just remember to keep them apart!

Despite her parents' best efforts, Raiya grows up in the middle of the night.

Not only does she only earn the happy toddler trait, but she doesn't even get a cake!?

Raiya sorts out her hair and clothes in the mirror, and can't help but notice that she feels rather evil, like mom.

It makes her smile inside.

She claims the bottom bunk, but has a rough night dreaming of monsters under the bed.

Dad to the rescue!

No matter how busy they are with the kids, Morgaine and Taga still make time for themselves.

Taga surprises Morgaine with a lovely mushroom on Love Day - and wow! Look at her reaction. Who would've thought a mushroom could be the key to a gal's heart?

Taga continues to work on his painting, and checks out the San Myshuno gallery for further inspiration.

Morgaine's secret agent career gets . . . well, even more secret!

She's a Villain now, but of course we have to redact that!

Top: Taga Star, Morgaine Alvah, Raiya Alvah, Salem Alvah
Bottem: Kasey Alvah

Week 9: Generation One - Morgaine Alvah
Evil, Romantic, Non-Committal Loyal, Neat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2023, 12:53:10 PM »

As for Morgaine and what other aspirations she could accomplish, I'm considering instituting a rule to the effect of "no more than two per person". I don't want to get so caught up in ticking off achievements that I don't have time for miscellaneous fun and storytelling. Also not sure if I want spares to do aspirations, too. Don't want to get bogged down again!

I don't have a fixed succession rule - totally just going with my favorite. 

I agree that it's important to avoid being sidetracked!
My founder/heirs have only 2 required aspirations but always do more in the background unofficially to earn satisfaction points.
Same with spares/spouse--once they have the helpful store rewards, they can relax.
I have planned out all 10 generations in advance to avoid overlap, though I consider any aspirations or skills "reserved for the founder/heir."

The infant stage is super time-consuming for me.
Everything else practically goes on hold when there's infants in the house.
Haha, I feel like I'm missing some really important element in raising infants....
Why give us so many milestones that they can only all be earned on Long Lifespan?

With infants, I'm just getting them three milestones in motor, gross motor, and social. I heard somewhere that was enough to get top-notch infant? It seems to be working because they all got it. I'm not sure how I feel about infants. They're surprisingly cute (and I don't like kids!), but it adds on to the helpless, care-for-me stage which we already have in toddlers. It is more realistic, though. Just wish I knew how important or influential that top-notch infant trait is. Do I really need it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2023, 03:17:09 PM »
I had been rooting for Salem until I realized that the next Alvah heir cannot be a spellcaster, which leaves Raiya or Kasey.
You mention both girls getting the Destructive trait but is that a toddler quirk?
We don't know Kasey well yet.  But since we already have an evil founder, my vote for the heir goes to Kasey.
All three of the children are gorgeous!

Also, I LOLed at Morgaine exuding all those hearts from receiving Taga's mushroom gift.
For some reason, I'd assumed she would be harder to please. *winks

With infants, I'm just getting them three milestones in motor, gross motor, and social. I heard somewhere that was enough to get top-notch infant? It seems to be working because they all got it. I'm not sure how I feel about infants. They're surprisingly cute (and I don't like kids!), but it adds on to the helpless, care-for-me stage which we already have in toddlers. It is more realistic, though. Just wish I knew how important or influential that top-notch infant trait is. Do I really need it?

I'm no expert on infants, but...
My understanding is that the Top-Notch/Happy/Unhappy Infant traits depend on how well/poorly an infant is loved and cared for by their caregivers.
Meanwhile, when an infant ages up to toddler, their earned Fine Motor, Gross Motor, and Social milestones decide the starting level for their Thinking, Movement, and Communication skills, respectively.

As for the benefit of earning Top-Notch Infant, my sims with that trait get the Happy +1 "Trusting the Universe" moodlet.
Carlo's TtU moodlet currently says "7 hours," but I don't know how long it actually lasts.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2023, 04:24:53 PM »

As for the heir, there's no rule that says they can't be a spellcaster. The goal for the legacy is, roughly, to go on for as long as it takes to complete all the aspirations, with each generation maybe doing two aspirations each. Now, that's an awful long story, so who knows if I'll change it up or decide to end early. I don't have a set number of generations in mind. Point being, it's not like the dynasty I was doing where there are 8 occult types and 8 generations.

So, any kid could be the next heir. And any kid could change their occult status. (I'm clearly going for a werewolf heir for this next generation, yeah?)

As for the infant stuff, I was certainly very attentive to each infant, so I guess that's how they got top-notch infant? Hm. Good to know about the milestones effecting their toddler skill level.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2023, 08:49:08 AM »
Raiya is adorable!!  And the cuteness of the being just a bit evil like mom and that made her smile inside?  Oh yeah, I'm Team Raiya!! 
Loving to see the family making some great progress and the toddler gals not being besties was sad, but in just the cutest way!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2023, 09:19:12 AM »
You mention both girls getting the Destructive trait but is that a toddler quirk?

Forgot to answer this. Yeah, by "toddler trait" I was referring to toddler quirks. Salem and Kasey both got destructive (love to tear down dollhouse), whereas Raiya got aggressive (biting, hitting). All three were delightful menaces! hehe.

Raiya is adorable!!  And the cuteness of the being just a bit evil like mom and that made her smile inside?  Oh yeah, I'm Team Raiya!! 
Loving to see the family making some great progress and the toddler gals not being besties was sad, but in just the cutest way!

Alright, one for Team Raiya. It's always fun to see who you will latch onto. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 7/1/23 Chapter 10:
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2023, 11:43:04 AM »
Chapter Ten: Moon Children

Morgaine and Taga doubled down on toddler duty, and managed to help Kasey finish her skills in time for her birthday.

She grew up hot-headed like her father.

As the only one who didn't make top-notch toddler, Raiya developed a lower self-esteem as well as a fear of inferiority.

She acted out in strange ways: mocking her siblings,

Laughing maniacally,

Tearing down the dollhouse,

And even yelling at her parents.

Even so, she could be a real sweetheart sometimes.

It was Morgaine that pulled her outside for a little chat amongst the stars.

Morgaine: "Still feeling insecure?"

Raiya shrugged. "No, my grades got better."

Morgaine: "What then?"

Raiya: "Being a werewolf is hard. And I'm angry, a lot."

Morgaine: "Your father is, too."

Raiya: "He is? Really?"

Morgaine: "Well, he hides it well. And when he can't, he takes it outside the house."

Raiya: "Wow. I didn't know."

Morgaine: "Feeling any better?"

Raiya: "Maybe? I'm still not sure I like being a werewolf."

It was strange, Morgaine mused, that the one daughter had so many worries about her werewolf nature, when the other didn't. As far as she could tell, Kasey wasn't bothered a bit.

Kasey mostly just rode her bike, or fished, and generally kept to herself.

Then there was Salem, who wasn't a werewolf at all,

But spent most of his time outside as if he were.

He was eager for the change.

Salem: "I don't want to be a spellcaster, I want to be like you, dad!"

Morgaine: "Hurtful!"

Salem was the first to get all the scout badges, being the eldest, but his sisters were fast behind.

Kasey completed Playtime Captain.

And Salem snagged Mind and Body.

Morgaine and Taga, meanwhile, were very glad to be past the all-hands-on-deck years of toddlerdom.

Taga: "Finally, more time for ourselves!"

Morgaine: "Let's be careful not to make another!"

Week 10: Generation One - Morgaine Alvah
Evil, Romantic, Non-Committal Loyal, Neat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alvah Occults Legacy - 7/1/23 Chapter 10: Moon Children
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2023, 04:34:44 PM »
Morgaine has really been hustling in her new challenge!
How unbelievable that she's already 10 weeks into it!
Watcher, you made raising three infants look like nothing! Still feels like pulling teeth to me, haha.

The children are all lovely, which is no surprise given their parents.
From the standpoint of screentime, I'd say Raiya will probably become the next heir. *winks
They're all precious. :D

Moonwood Mills is such a cool town. It's a great place for owning a pet dog because of the great walking trails.
Taking bets now that Raiya's teen stage will be outrageously dramatic!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2023, 08:20:25 AM »
Raiya is The Incredible Hulk!!  There's this monstrous force that lives inside of her and comes out when she's angry and she has to learn how to control it and use it for good.  Yep.  Incredible Hulk!
A lovely update with some nice attention for each of the kiddos...and fittingly just a bit more for Raiya since she's the best  ;=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »
Oh @Rhoxi, this story is delightful! I'm very late to the game, but LOVED catching up. (Okay, actually I started reading when I had a break between meetings but got so caught up I missed the next meeting . . . oops! Fortunately, it wasn't one I was to facilitate - I was just an attendee, and an optional one at that, so not a problem that I missed it.)

I loved the whole run through all the romantic partners - such fun! And of course I was also Team Taga all the way.

And your save file - the townie makeovers are really great - especially liking Simeon and Mortimer. I am reallly enjoying playing in Rosannatxt's file - it's just really fun meeting all the new Sims and having so many new places to visit. I think my days of starting in the vanilla starting file are over. I bookmarked the one you're using -  I think I'll use a new file for each challenge I do, so there are always new Sims to meet.

I hope you enjoy this jumble/mishmash way of playing - for me, it's keeping me excited about each new generation because they are so different.

I'm looking forward to seeing who you choose as the Gen 2 heir - they are all great candidates in their own ways.

anything