Author Topic: Alphabet Soup - B is for Bonnie (Sept 29)  (Read 11061 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Alphabet Soup - A is for Amelia (June 13)
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2023, 09:11:55 AM »
@Granny Lawlor, Glad to hear it!
@oshizu, Hope she gets something. But if she doesn't, it's okay. She gets the milestone when she loses the tooth.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Alphabet Soup - A is for Amelia (June 13)
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2023, 02:05:57 PM »
A is for Amelia, Part 7

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Hello, again. Welcome to the train wreck that used to be my life. Who knew that one weekend could be such a disaster?

It started with Dad telling me that he was going through a midlife crisis. "I keep having these strange thoughts," he said. "Like I don't want the life I have.

"I've tried getting back to normal. I thought exchanging friendship bracelets with your sister would help. It didn't. It looks like I can either befriend a rabbit or get divorced."
"What?"
"Look, your mother is a wonderful woman, adventurous, creative, cheerful, etc., etc. But she has this notion that we're going to go climb Mt. Komorebi. She can't do it alone, and that's not something I'm interested in."
"Okay, but divorce?"
"Don't worry about me. You just go and have fun at your prom."

As if.
I arrive at the prom and discover that all the girls are wearing dresses that my parents wouldn't let me leave the house in. Not only that, but I can't find Camila anywhere. She and I were supposed to go to prom together as friends.

It turns out that Camila is outside, dancing with Ken Sakamoto. Fair enough, but if she planned on hooking up with somebody else, why didn't she tell me?

I find Isao Inoue and persuade him to go into the Photo Booth with me for a picture. Then I try dancing with him the way Camila and Ken are dancing. He pushed me away and told me that he was only interested romantically in men. "Well, then, go dance with a guy," I grumbled.

I kind of wish I hadn't voted for him for Prom King, but I guess we're still friends. So I'm glad he won, sort of. No, not really.

When I returned home, I had notifications from Trendi that none of my clothing designs had sold. I can understand this one -- the red gloves were definitely a mistake.

But I don't know why no one would buy this blue dress. It seems quite nice.

The next day was Bridget's birthday, so when I got home from work (where I got promoted to backhoe operator), I threw her a party.

I invited our teacher, Mr. Morita. Big mistake, because he and Dad started flirting with each other. Seriously? Could anything be creepier than having your dad get involved with your teacher?

Mom got jealous. As I left the kitchen, I heard her telling Dad that they needed to talk. That didn't sound ominous at all.

Later, I looked outside and saw Mom making herself a drink. Not good.

Monday, Bridget and I went to school together. She doesn't know anything about Dad and Mr. Morita, and I'm not going to be the one to tell her. But I realized that I can't take any more classes from him. I have an A, and I'm eligible for early graduation, so I'm going to do that.

Tuesday, I didn't have school, so I went to Geek Con. I couldn't believe it -- they had a rocket ship there, and I was able to go explore space. It wasn't a very complicated adventure -- I just soared into a nebula, that was pretty, all purple and gold. I felt much happier afterwards. It's amazing what a little fun can do.

When I returned home, Dad was attempting to kiss Mom under some fake mistletoe. Luckily, she let him.

And later they were canoodling on the couch, so maybe things are getting back to normal.

Dad seems to have decided that rather than getting a divorce, he'll take up DJ mixing instead. Whatever.

I decided to give one of my designer creations to Bridget (the blue one, not the polka-dot monstrosity), and we're best friends now.

Now the only thing I have to worry about is getting into college. And figuring out a major. But at least Mom and Dad aren't getting a divorce. Bye, Bonnie Colvin.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alphabet Soup - A is for Amelia (June 15)
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2023, 08:41:44 PM »
I could've sworn I'd post a comment to this latest update, but it's gone.
(Did I say something wrong? Was my comment deleted?)

In short, I'm sorry that Bonnie had such a traumatic several days.
Her father's midlife crisis and his flirting with her teacher were pretty shocking.
(I confess I giggled at the choice of divorce or befriend a rabbit.)
I hope Bonnie will love her uni experience!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2023, 09:08:30 PM »
@oshizu, this is the first comment from you that I've seen on this chapter, so I didn't delete anything. "Befriending a rabbit" is actually one of the choices in the Midlife Crisis box, but you probably have to have Cottage Living to get it.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2023, 02:29:25 AM »
I've only had one mid-life crisis in Sims (ironically getting addicted to Sims is probably the extent of my real mid-life crisis) and the choices were to either get pregnant or call off a newly-formed engagement! Makes me wonder what mid-life crises the devs have been experiencing,  lol!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2023, 07:28:21 AM »
Wow. I'm guessing that your Sim wasn't married at the time.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2023, 11:52:04 AM »
Wow. I'm guessing that your Sim wasn't married at the time.
No, she wasn't married. It was Sky in my Asylum Challenge. She'd got engaged but she couldn't move out or add any non-Erratic Sims to the household. She had a few other random Wants pop-up. I think one was also DJing but again I was restricted by not getting new skilling objects until a Resident managed to meet the leaving requirements. Sky got through her mid-life crisis with just a few regrets. It's an interesting addition to life-changes in Sims but it was a bit irrelevant in that current challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2023, 09:00:54 PM »
A is for Amelia, Part 8

Applying to university was scary, but I felt better when I discovered that I'd won two scholarships: the Scouting one, that I'd applied for, and a merit one for having an A average from high school. There wasn't any major for someone who wanted to have adventures and write about them, but I figured that a career in Journalism would probably come the closest. And the best major for that was Communications.

I started doing homework immediately -- 4 classes now, and no way of getting help from Mom or Dad. I used my old desk a few times. It was comforting, being surrounded by my pictures from childhood. They reminded me how far I'd come.

Meanwhile, Bridget has been going to high school (and wearing the outfit I put together for her, which she totally rocks). She could take early graduation, too, but she wants to wait until she's gone through Career Day, so she can get her Over-Achiever aspiration.

She's become quite the card sharp, beating Mom and Dad at Go Fish.

I tried to improve upon my rock-climbing skill so that Mom would have someone to climb Mt. Komorebi with. But that machine hates me. It didn't just break down; it broke down and threw me off. Sorry, Mom. It may take me a long time to get to level so I can join you.

I've been trying to get out and about, and also meet all the librarians nearby. I figure if I meet them as a teen, then we can become friends before I start having to look for a spouse. Koji is the librarian for Willow Creek.

I also went to the Humor & Hijinks Festival in San Myshuno, where I met a bunch of people, most of whom were around my parents' age.

I became a Jokester. We were in the lead and would have had fireworks to celebrate, but I had to go home before the festival ended. Curfew, plus I was really tired. I forgot to mention that I've been working various jobs -- I started in Manual Labor, then became a barista, then a sales clerk, and finally a fry cook.

Hard to believe that we were celebrating Spooky Day already. Dad dressed up as Boba Flett and Bridget as Ayla something.

Mom dressed as a space smuggler.

And I appeared as an astronaut.

Bridget picked up some rocket science points when she made this air pressure rocket. She says if I decide to build a rocket when I move out, she'll come over and help me. I might hold her to that promise.  I don't have much other news except this:

I GOT STRAIGHT A+'s!!!! Four of them, one in each class. So I'm setting the bar high for future generations. Bye, Bridget Colvin

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Alphabet Soup - A is for Amelia (June 20)
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2023, 01:53:48 AM »
Congratulations  Bonnie on those A+s and all the other progress. If she's got time, I think I saw recently that sitting in on skills classes can get her Climbing skill up. I'm looking forward to the Mt Komorebi climb when it finally happens.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2023, 09:53:55 AM »
Besides the skill books and skill classes, there's also a medium-height climbing wall north of Sembamachi.
I like that climbing wall--the other family members can go hang out at the Izakaya Ippai while one sim trains their mountain climbing skill.
Awww, too bad Bonnie missed out on the Jokesters' victory!
I never use the family bulletin board. Is it possible to set a curfew using that board?

Congrats to Bonnie on her stellar first term at uni. I love the shot of her in a pink beret, doing homework in front of her pink unicorn drawing. So sweet!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2023, 11:30:44 AM »
Thanks for the tips about the skill classes, @Granny Lawlor and @oshizu! I never think about them, but they are useful. And yes, curfew can be set with the family bulletin board, but I don't use that much.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2023, 12:22:50 PM »
B is for Bonnie, Part 1

This is Nutmeg, the cocker spaniel puppy that Mom adopted.

I made friends with her when I came home from school. She is smart, loyal, and a troublemaker.

I had to work Saturday night, but as soon as I got home (with a promotion to cashier), I had my birthday. I am now a young adult, neat, materialistic, adventurous, responsible, well-mannered, and under control emotionally.

After I blew out the candles, Mom and Dad had a talk with me about the future. Mom told me that I would be continuing a legacy. The main rule was that I should have an heir and that this heir's name should begin with the letter C. Dad told me that I didn't have to marry a librarian, but that they made the best husbands. Mom said that the Watcher would be tracking me and my new family's milestones, skills, aspirations, and parties, and also how much money I made. Mom also told me that Nutmeg was my birthday present! Seeing as how I have an A+ average and am responsible, she figures I should be able to take care of a puppy. Dad's present was one-fourth of our household income -- that's 45,000 simoleons!

Even though I was sleepy, I started house-hunting immediately. Almost every house was either inhabited, too small, or too expensive, but I found something in Brindleton Bay that was in my price range -- Domus Familiaris. That's familiar home in Latin.

I really like the kitchen, but Dad says I should get a better refrigerator and stove as soon as I can afford them.

The living room is all right, but I'll probably redecorate when I have more money.

Upstairs, there are two bedrooms and a bathroom. Right now the other bedroom is a guest room, but it will probably become a nursery. Eventually. I think I want to finish university before I start having children.

Dad made the trip over the next day to see how I was doing. And while he was there, Mom called to chat. I've changed my hair style to something a little easier to take care of. And Brindleton Bay is somewhat chillier than San Sequoia, plus it's the middle of autumn now, so I've put some warmer clothing in my wardrobe. I'm keeping my beret, though.

Nutmeg is a puppy no more. She's very easy to train and learned to sit very quickly.

Besides going to classes, I've been working on my Friend of the World aspiration. Naturally this took me over to the library in Britechester, where I chatted with Tsutomi for a while. He's the librarian there, and we're actually quite compatible. I'm not a fan of his beard or his glasses, but those can be changed.

But then last night I got devastating news: Tsutomi died. Apparently in a cooking fire. Nutmeg let me cuddle her while I cried.

I'm not really husband-hunting yet, but I am checking out my old buddies from high school. Austin Bheeda is romantically interested in women (always a plus), and loves dogs. But he's also a snob. Of course, I'm materialistic, so that might work. More later. Bye, Bonnie Colvin

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alphabet Soup - B is for Bonnie (June 23)
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2023, 12:52:55 PM »
How delightful for Bonnie and Nutmeg to have moved to Brindleton Bay!

Oh no, Tsutomu passed away so soon after Bonnie met him.
But Austin sounds promising. Is that him in the last image with his back turned?
Best wishes with uni, Bonnie!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Alphabet Soup - B is for Bonnie (June 23)
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2023, 07:12:12 PM »
B is for Bonnie, Part 2

To be honest, I have been husband-hunting. The day after Tsutomi died, I learned that my friend since grade school, Kenny Price, died. We weren't compatible, so I hadn't considered him, but I felt really bad about losing him.

I paid a visit to my family the next day, partly to share the news about Kenny, and partly to brag about my grades -- I still have my A+ average and only 4 more classes to go. I took Nutmeg so they could see how she had grown.

Back at home, I changed the colors of the furniture in the living room. It's not great, but will be okay until I can buy new stuff.

The next morning I made the unwelcome discovery that I had bats in the house. It's not fair -- I haven't even been to Selvadorada yet, although it's somewhere I want to go. On the positive side, though, bats and other creepy crawlers are considered part of an adventure, so having them in the house means I can live adventurously without going anywhere. I guess.

I spent much of the weekend preparing for my next set of classes.

I also took Nutmeg for a jog.

And I started teaching her how to fetch. It took a while for her to catch on, but now she's eager to go all the time.

Anyway, back to husband-hunting. I looked through my list of acquaintances and found someone that I had amazing compatibility with -- Toru Yoshida. I honestly didn't remember meeting him, but we got along well.

And then I found out he was going to be the professor for my "Say Yes to Democracy" course.  I didn't want him to think I was flirting with him just to get a good grade, so we parted rather awkwardly.

The next time I looked at my list, I found out that I had good compatibility with one of the librarians that I had met as a teen -- Koji Saito. We were very good friends by now, and I suggested we meet for a date at Sunnyside Up Diner. I was hungry and hadn't had breakfast yet.

We really hit it off, and he was quite appreciative of the poem I read to him. (Dad had told me that the way to a librarian's heart was through poetry.)

A day later, Koji called and asked me out for a date. While we were dancing, he asked if I would like to move in with him. It wasn't quite a proposal, but I accepted. The way the Grim Reaper was going through my list of friends, I didn't want to waste any time.

When we returned home, Mom was there, having come for a visit. I gave her the glad news. Koji was a little awestruck -- I tend to forget that Mom is a B-List Celebrity.

Once inside, Koji lost no time in endearing himself to the most important member of the household -- Nutmeg.

And then he started trying to endear himself to me.

So when he proposed, the only thing I could say was "YES!" Wedding pictures next week. Bye...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Alphabet Soup - B is for Bonnie (June 25)
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2023, 03:38:46 PM »
B is for Bonnie, Part 3

The past few days have been a real whirlwind of activity. First of all, Mom came over to the house to give me some news. I have a baby brother or sister coming! "I thought I told you not to have any more children," I said. "No," said Mom, "you said I should decide for myself. And I did."

Instead of inviting Mom, Dad, and Bridget over for Harvest Fest dinner, Koji and I went to see them. We packed a travel cot for my new sister Amy, and also a little rattle.

Koji packed up a toddler bed, too. When Amy gets older, she can have my old room.

Koji was quite taken with the baby and has started working on his parenting skills already.

When we returned home, Koji tried to appease the gnome by the mailbox while I took Nutmeg for a short walk.

But the gnome was apparently too cross at having to wait so long for us that even pie didn't satisfy him. He gave Koji a sharp jolt.

I begged for forgiveness, and the gnome decided that his dignity was restored.

Luckily the other two gnomes were much easier to please. Koji was able to gather up quite a few seeds for his garden. He has decided to take up gardening as a career when we return from our honeymoon.

The next day, the 27th of Autumn, was quite the red-letter day for me. Wedding and Graduation -- I didn't know how I would fit everything in.

As it turned out, I didn't -- fit everything in. I have no idea what happened to our wedding cake. And the pretty flowers I picked out for a bouquet stayed in my inventory.

But at least Mom and Dad showed up for my wedding. Bridget made it to the building, too, but not to the ceremony. And I have no idea who the red-haired guy in cropped pants was.

Thankfully, he got out of the aisle when it was time for my entrance. Koji should have been at the altar waiting for me, but I got busy talking to people before the wedding so he had to come looking for me.

We did manage to exchange our vows without any problems.

And our dance together was lovely. In the middle of it, I got a text that it was time for my graduation, but the text said I would still get my degree if I didn't show up, so I stayed at my wedding.

Afterwards, we picked up Nutmeg and traveled to Mt Komorebi for our honeymoon.

Koji took a nap and then a quick swim at our rental house, while I went up on the mountain looking for one of the rock-climbing walls. When I came back to the house, I fixed us a hotpot.

And then we found out that the Festival of Light was this night.

Koji had always wanted to participate in this, so we found our way to a bonfire, and asked people what we should do.

They recommended changing into kimonos and hanging our wishes on a Tanabata tree. I don't know why my kimono included an astronaut's helmet. I almost wished that I could get rid of it, but then decided on something much more important.

It turns out that Koji made the same wish that I did. We're going to become parents!

anything