Author Topic: Three Strands Accord - a Rivals Dynasty Challenge: Complete (15-Sep)  (Read 31391 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 9: In A Flash (17-Aug)
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2023, 12:30:57 AM »
I think Will Kenna is already in the gallery - he might need clean cloning - but you're welcome to download and tweak him to your needs. (Does that sound salacious or is it just me?)
I have looked for you in the Gallery so I could follow you, but I couldn't figure out your EA ID.  :(
Mine is Shizu9no1 (the last digit is a numeral, not an alphabetic).

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2023, 02:32:34 AM »
I think Will Kenna is already in the gallery - he might need clean cloning - but you're welcome to download and tweak him to your needs. (Does that sound salacious or is it just me?)
I have looked for you in the Gallery so I could follow you, but I couldn't figure out your EA ID.  :(
Mine is Shizu9no1 (the last digit is a numeral, not an alphabetic).
My EA ID is JudiLawlor - I found yours sometime ago - it's always fun to see what others have created :)

All three Founders are on the gallery - I put them on so I could transfer them into a totally clean save file and then never removed them. I don't upload much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2023, 08:52:23 AM »

It's not just you. Lol. My mind went there too. Have fun @oshizu!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2023, 11:39:16 AM »

It's not just you. Lol. My mind went there too. Have fun @oshizu!

Haha, mine also went there but I bit my tongue to avoid writing anything "family-unfriendly." ;)
@Metropolis Man  Hey, wait a minute.  What do you mean, "Have fun!"? Are you insinuating that I'd have my way with Judi's sim? I would never!!!! LOL

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 9: Having Fun
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 9: Having Fun
Retail

Previously in the Tangata family: Gen 3 heir Stephanie had completed all her moving out requirements, including installing her portrait and collection of Vet Treats in the family museum, but was waiting for her father Rick (Gen 2 heir) to get his last promotion in the Food Critic career, as promised by the Wishing Well. Stephanie’s boyfriend Rohan Elderberry had moved in so that they could move out at the drop of a hat.

t8.family.jpg

Rohan: I’ve asked every single member of your family for their blessing to marry you. Please say “Yes”.
Stephanie: Yes!
Ulrike: Woop de doo. Why am I still here, by the way? Your uncle Kane can do everything I can do.
Watcher: Oh – you’re right. Let’s get you out of the club. Keep in touch!

t9.1.jpg

Watcher: You’re really going for it, Stephie!
Stephanie: My fiancé and I can’t get married until later this morning when Dad starts his next shift. The other Bloodlines had both got Infants by this point. We can’t even Try For a Baby.
Watcher: No, but you do know you don’t have to Try For A Baby?
Stephanie: Oh yeah! Laters!
Watcher: Have fun!

t9.2.jpg

Watcher: And while Stephie and Rohan were “conserving water” by sharing a shower, Rick got a call from the agency to say he’d reached the top of his career.

t9.3a.jpg

Sadly, while we were waiting for Stephie & Rohan to *cough* finish and while Yuki petted a chicken and became a Cat-Lover (!?), DBR (Duck-Billed-Ram) came to the end of his long and adventurous life, having had 5 trips abroad, many raves, one breakthrough in science and one nuclear blast. The family seemed unmoved but it was good timing.

Stephanie: So what do you think of our new pad?
Rohan: I didn’t realise that your Uncle Kane would be coming with us. Hasn’t he heard the expression “Three’s a crowd”?
Stephanie: Oh we’ll need his help with the baby.
Rohan: But that’ll be at least 3 days away.
Stephanie: Nope! Both the other Bloodlines have had Science Babies, the Calixtes even had Gen 2 that way. It’s only fair that we do too and it will help us catch up. If that’s OK by you?

t9.4.jpg

Rohan: Anything you want, my dear heart. You’re the boss. But first…
Stephanie: Yes?
Rohan: Let’s get married – eloping style.

t9.5.jpg

Rick: Don’t mind me.
Rohan: Oh Stephie!
Stephanie: Oh Rohan!
Rick: It that Valentine Kenna’s rocket I see over there? That guy is such a jerk!
Stephanie: Sorry about Dad.
Rohan: I don’t mind. I’ve become incredibly Cheerful as a matter of fact.

t9.6.jpg

Kane: Wow, guys, just WOW!
Rohan: I know, man! I wasn’t expecting twins when we left this morning!
Kane: So I can see you’ve got a girl.
Rohan: Yes, Priscilla or Cilla was born second.
Stephanie: Little Leonardo or Leo was born first. He’ll be our heir.

t9.8.jpg

Stephanie: Ow Ow Ow
Watcher: I didn’t know you were going to get bees!
Stephanie: I thought it would be nice to make honey cakes and Rohan can make candles.
Watcher: That’s not really furthering the goals.
Stephanie: I’ve got all these benefits from doing County Caretaker. It seems silly not to make the most of them.
Watcher: What about your job – the Vet practise.
Stephanie: I only had to go for a jog for work today and I’ve become Active like Rohan. And I did set up the Vet practise and had 6 customers but you were too busy micromanaging me to take any photos. Rohan looked after the twins.
Watcher: Hey look! You’ve become an Animal Enthusiast. That’s helpful.

t9.12.jpg

Rohan: Look at you, Cilla, trying to reach for the toys.
Maaike: She’s cute. Don’t forget to introduce her to me and then I’ll have lots of cuddles.

t9.13.jpg

Kane: Oh – Little Leo. You don’t need to cry. You’re doing so well
Leo: Wah!
Kane: It sounds bad but this is relaxing me from a potential burn-out. Go on, Leo, be as loud as you like!
Leo: WAH!

t9.14.jpg

Rohan: Look Mum! See this amazing design I’ve done for my Civil Designer career.
Eleanore: But where are my grandchildren?
Rohan: They’re both asleep at the moment. We had the Welcome Wagon over earlier and it tired them out. All those people!
Eleanore: It must have been tiring for you too, dear. I know what a Loner you are.
Rohan: Not any more, Mum! I said hello to all of them and I became Outgoing instead of being a Loner. It’s a different me, Mum.
Eleanore: I’m so glad. You see much more relaxed.

t9.16.jpg

Stephanie: Happy Birthday, Leo.
Kane: Come on, buddy. Blow out your candles!
Leo: Pfft
Yuki: Happy Birthday. What a shame Eleanore didn’t hang out a little longer for this.
Stephanie: Mum? Are you expecting again?
Yuki (sheepishly): We-ell, yes!
Alan: What?

t9.17a.jpg

Rohan: And so the little boy grew very fast but always loved his twin sister.
Leo: Cilla?
Rohan: Yes, Cilla.

t9.18.jpg

Watcher: Why are you in your uniform?
Stephanie: I’m just Marching Around
Watcher: But it’s not a work task so why the uniform.
Stephanie: I’d look silly Marching Around in my kitten hoodie now, wouldn’t I!

t9.19.jpg

Leo: Can you believe I’m a Happy Toddler already?
Stephanie: Yes! We’re catching them up!
Leo: Catching what now?
Stephanie: It’s time for a little chat about your dynastic destiny.

t9.21.jpg

Leo: Hey guys! Are any of you Goofballs? Let me shake your hand!
Bzzzzzt
Leo: Ha Ha! Would you like to come to a party? Only joking. He He.

t9.22.jpg

Stephanie: I told you not to ask her. She just called me a burning donkey.
Rohan: She said you’d brighten my darkness and lighten my load.
Stephanie: Exactly!
Rohan: Go on, you ask her too!
Guru: Yours is a match to last the ages.
Stephanie: Aw – that’s cute.
Rohan: Time to head back before Midnight

t9.23.jpg

L-to-R: Stephanie, Rohan holding Priscilla, Kane, Leonardo
t9.family.jpg
Llama Lagoon, Avarice Acres

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watcher Notes

Rohan gets his Flirt on at the drop of a hat and we have had some tense moments including the offer of Stephanie to become Jealous. No thank you very much! Sweet looking Rohan is a bit of a dog!

Once again, apologies for not capturing yet another fleeting Toddler phase. Only needing Happy Toddler for the Spellcaster and Retail Bloodlines makes that phase ridiculously short.

Leo is looking to max Mischief – not my favourite skill but achievable by a child. I haven’t decided what sort of retail lot he will run: shop, restaurant or vet clinic. It might depend on his traits – I generate them using Pinstars Legacy generator which is nearly up to date – or skills achieved along the way. I'm thinking Leo has Rohan's eyes and colouring. Face shape will be decided when he becomes a teen.

Genes Leo.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 9: Having Fun (19-Aug)
« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2023, 05:18:47 PM »
Rohan looks so happy in all your screenshots, now that's no longer a Loner.
I've never known him to be Flirty. Is it because a NAP?
Leo, of course, is super cute! Oh, I was thinking that Leo has Stephie's larger eyes.
Time will tell.  Leo's very attractive at any rate.
He's a great combination of his parents' genes and his dark complexion is particularly appealing.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2023, 01:46:25 AM »
Rohan looks so happy in all your screenshots, now that's no longer a Loner.
I've never known him to be Flirty. Is it because a NAP?
I've managed to repeal the one Free Love NAP so it's not that. Rohan gets the Flirty buff just from being around Stephanie, increased by his new Cheerful trait.

The thing that makes no sense is that, getting it from being near Stephanie means she witnesses him directing it at everyone else. Maybe that's down to his new Outgoing trait..

If I remember,  I'm going to restrict his preferences to just women so at least it'll reduce his opportunities to upset her. I've also stopped their Club being Mischievous to each other. The number of apologies needed is currently ridiculous!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2023, 11:20:39 AM »
I've managed to repeal the one Free Love NAP so it's not that. Rohan gets the Flirty buff just from being around Stephanie, increased by his new Cheerful trait.

The thing that makes no sense is that, getting it from being near Stephanie means she witnesses him directing it at everyone else. Maybe that's down to his new Outgoing trait..

If I remember,  I'm going to restrict his preferences to just women so at least it'll reduce his opportunities to upset her. I've also stopped their Club being Mischievous to each other. The number of apologies needed is currently ridiculous!
How curious that many of your sims are so flirty!
Last night (in game), I had 3 couples go out to dinner.  Izar sat between her sister Maite and Maite's adorable husband Aiden--Aiden was feeling Very Flirty as was Izar.
Aiden had asked Izar to be BFFs in high school but no inappropriate behavior between those two. (Er, I might have been secretly hoping....)
I giggled that you've restricted Rohan's romantic preferences to women to reduce his potential flirtation targets by half.  Poor Watcher!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 10: The Right People
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2023, 09:06:38 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 10: The Right People
Well-Educated

Previously in the Kenna Family Emmanuel (Manny) completed the first term of his Fine Arts degree while Wolfgang established his Criminal career of night shifts, sharing the child care with Tim’s help (son of Liberty Lee & Travis). With Wolfgang’s extra coaching, heir Evelyn grew into a Cheerful child while her twin James made it to Toddlerhood. Wolfgang’s Mean and Childish traits have started to make life tense in the Kenna household. Behind the scenes, Tim flirted with Zoe Patel…

L-to-R: Tim, Wolfgang holding James, Emmanuel, Evelyn
K9.family.jpg

Watcher: James is asleep, you don’t need to stay with him.
Emmanuel: It’s peaceful in here.
Watcher: Wolfgang will be home soon.
Emmanuel: Yes, I know…

k10.1.jpg

Watcher: Congratulations, Wolfgang. You really are progressing well in your career.
Wolfgang: Why wouldn’t I? They’re all afraid of me and that last heist we pulled off? I got me something special for Evelyn.
Watcher: Oh – er – that sounds….nice?
Wolfgang: This baseball bat “sculpture” could come in handy for our next job. Wait a minute, I need to take this…Oh hi Aubree. Of course I’ll be your boyfriend.
Watcher: WHAT?
Wolfgang: Lighten up Watcher. Actually, just go away. I’m tired of you interfering in my life.

k10.2.jpg

Evelyn: Dad?
Wolfgang: Yes, Evelyn?
Evelyn: Why does everyone leave us alone when you come to help me?
Wolfgang: They know this is serious stuff. You need to work hard. I’ve got great plans for you to follow in my footsteps. I’m paving the way for your perfect career and life plan.
Evelyn: Oh. Don’t I just do what I’m best at?
Wolfgang: Listen to me, girl! You put the hours in and you can be whatever I want you to be!
Evelyn: OK Dad.

k10.4.jpg

Tim: I know this is sudden but I got a real Want to get engaged to you.
Zoe: Wow! What fun! Yes, I would love that!

k10.5.jpg

Zoe: So, I thought as we’ve got engaged, we could move in together?
Tim: I’m really sorry, Zoe. Life’s just a bit…difficult here.
Zoe: Well, you could move in to my place.
Watcher: No can do, sweetheart.
Tim: OK, how’s this? I’ll give you our key so you can come and go whenever. Best in the evening though. It’s less crowded with some of us at work.
Zoe: Oh yes – that Wolfgang’s out at night, isn’t he.

k10.6.jpg

Evelyn: Shouldn’t I wait for Daddy Emmanuel and Tim?
Sofia: Yes.
Wolfgang: They can’t be bothered to take time off for your birthday? They don’t deserve waiting for!
Sofia: But…
Evelyn: But we weren’t sure I’d get an A in class today. They didn’t know.
Wolfgang: Time’s a-wasting, girl. Blow out your candles!
Sofia: Happy Birthday, Evelyn. I’ll just be over here playing chess.

k10.7.jpg

Wolfgang: I know that’s your cold weather outfit but no daughter of mine looks as dowdy as that even if you have taken on my least useful Maker trait. I’ve arranged a stylist to come and sort you out. And then you can get to work on your programming skills and start meeting the right people.

k10.8.jpg

Wolfgang: When I’ve finished with her, she’ll be the perfect aid to my Criminal network. As Oracle to my Boss, we’ll be unstoppable!
Sofia: Sorry? I didn’t hear that.
Wolfgang: A – ha ha ha!

k10.9.jpg

Sofia: I still didn’t catch that. I’m just working out the Ruy Lopez Opening
Wolfgang: I said….Argh….
Sofia: If I move here…then the only responses are…
Wolfgang: Ah….Watcher!
Watcher: I’m sorry. Are you talking to me now?
Wolfgang: Help me….
Watcher: Milking it a bit, aren’t we?
Wolfgang: Ah…

k10.10.jpg

Emmanuel: Wolfie!?!
Sofia: Oh, that’s funny! He can’t stop you calling him that now, can he!
Emmanuel: Oh my own sweet Wolfie!
Sofia: Sweet? Really?

k10.11.jpg

Emmanuel: Thanks for coming over Liberty.
Liberty: I’m here to help. I think you should Release his Spirit.
Emmanuel: But how can I let him go?
Liberty: The question really is…how can you let him stay?
Watcher: Release him!

k10.13.jpg

Evelyn: I can’t believe I was too busy doing what Daddy Wolfie told me to do that I missed him dying! I feel a bit Sad but my new clothes are making me feel mainly Confident. So Confident that I’m going to try hacking my school grades! Oh – bother – down to a C. That’s the total opposite of what I wanted! Right, I’ll go out and meet some people before James wakes up. I wonder what Daddy Wolfie meant by the “right people”.

k10.13a.jpg

James: Dada gone?
Evelyn: Dada Wolfie gone. Dada Manny still here. It’ll be OK, James.
James: Wuv Dada Manny!
Evelyn: Yes. And I love you too!

k10.14.jpg

Evelyn: Hey everyone, plus a guy I’ve only just met, it’s James’ birthday!
Emmanuel: Happy Birthday, son.
Will: A Music Lover, just like you, Manny.
Emmanuel: It’ll be great to have more music in the house. Wolfie was never bothered about that.
Will: You’re being a great help, Evelyn. Well done for holding everyone together.
Evelyn: Thanks GG (Great Grandad)

k10.15.jpg

Evelyn: Doing this electrical project is helping my Programming skills somehow. It feels weird doing it on my own. James is practicing his violin and Dad’s gone running again to clear his mind. In fact, he’s been doing so much of that he’s become Active. Ever since I became a teen, Tim has been painting my portrait. One of them is worth a lot of money but it’s odd to know I’m being studied all the time.

k10.16.jpg

Watcher: A little insensitive for Harvest, don’t you think? You know we’ve just had a death in the family.
Grim: Yeah, like you care! Where’s my pie?

k10.17.jpg

Zoe: This is a great tofurkey dinner, Tim. I didn’t know you were such a good cook. Where are the others?
Tim: Emmanuel has another seminar, Evelyn’s working on her programming and James is listening to the radio. They’ll come join us soon but we’re trying to give everyone a bit of space to process things.
Zoe: I was wondering, now things are a bit more relaxed here, would it be alright to move in?
Tim: Watcher’s weighing the matter. We’ll see what happens next week.

k10.18.jpg

Evelyn: Ha – I aced my grade C exams and got back up to a B at High School today but let’s just see if my improved Programming skills can…..YES! I always knew I was a grade A student! I’ll just graduate early before I mess it up.
Watcher: Your father would have been so proud! OK, if we’re doing it this way, apply for Uni now. It’s unlikely you’ll get the reply this week but you never know.

k10.20.jpg

Jacques: So you’re Wolfgang’s girl? I’ve been wanting to meet you.
Evelyn: Thank you, sir. Luna invited me over for a pre-Prom get together.
Jacques: No need to be so formal. Your father would have wanted me to take over your training. I anticipate we will be working very closely together.
Evelyn: Um – is that the Romance channel you’re watching? Where did Luna go?
Jacques: Mm, such a pretty face… I expect to be seeing oh so much more of you.
Evelyn: I’ll just go and see where Luna’s got too.
Jacques: Don’t be a stranger.

k10.22.jpg

Watcher: Apologies for this walls half-down photo but I’d just like to point out the blonde guy – Rory and to the left of him is Daichi.

k10.23.jpg

Rory: It’s nice to meet you. You look amazing.
Evelyn: Oh I can’t take the credit. My late father sorted out my wardrobe before he died, including this pendant.
Rory: Is that a real gem?
Evelyn: Don’t be silly. It’s just paste….I think.

k10.24.jpg

Evelyn: Rory was nice, I guess. There were lots of nice people – Daichi for example was really nice!
Watcher: He’s a Child of the Islands!
Evelyn: Mmm sun-kissed beaches…moonlight swims…
Watcher: Oh dear. Let’s check your University application to take your mind of him.
Evelyn: Nope, nothing yet.
Watcher: OK, never mind. You’ve made some lasting friends which is great. See you next week.

k10.25.jpg

L-to-R: Evelyn, Emmanuel, Tim, James
K10.family.jpg

Progress

Watcher Notes

Evelyn clearly has Wolfgang’s colouring but not his lip shape. The source of her deep-set eyes is a mystery.

Genes Evelyn.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2023, 09:31:36 AM »
I'm not going to miss Wolfgang but, thanks to him, the lovely Evelyn has that attractive whitish-blond hair.
She looks very stylish in that short coif!
Is Daichi the dark-haired sim?  I agree, Evelyn, that Daichi is very, very attractive.
Don't let him get snatched up by the Calixtes!

Tim looks so much like his mother Liberty.  He and Zoe make an adorable couple!
Since Evelyn's preparing for uni (the Distinguished Degree program in Villainy?), I guess the only reason to move in Zoe is to keep Tim company and help with James..
Tim deserves it! Oh wait, is Zoe a goofball?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2023, 10:31:57 AM »
I'm not going to miss Wolfgang but, thanks to him, the lovely Evelyn has that attractive whitish-blond hair.
She looks very stylish in that short coif!
Is Daichi the dark-haired sim?  I agree, Evelyn, that Daichi is very, very attractive.
Don't let him get snatched up by the Calixtes!
I won't miss Wolfgang either. I was constantly having to send him for a run or knit something to reduce the meanness. They don't seem able to talk while they're knitting which is a blessing if a little unrealistic.
Daichi is the dark-haired sim. Having teens chat with any other teen and they develop crushes so easily. It's fun seeing who they fall for. Rory doesn't have the white blonde look I'd like for but he was the only blonde sim at the Prom. The hair restrictions may have to go out of the window!
Tim looks so much like his mother Liberty.  He and Zoe make an adorable couple!
Since Evelyn's preparing for uni (the Distinguished Degree program in Villainy?), I guess the only reason to move in Zoe is to keep Tim company and help with James..
Tim deserves it! Oh wait, is Zoe a goofball?
Tim does deserve some love in his life, having been helper to Valentine and Emmanuel but you're right about Zoe. She's a goofball and has already pranked the Kenna loo!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 10: Regrets, I’ve Had A Few
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2023, 02:40:42 PM »
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 10: Regrets, I’ve Had A Few
Spellcaster

Previous in the Calixte Family: Our future heir Cassandra grew from an Infant to a Child while her twin Emrys got to be a Toddler. Our current heir Natalie established her career as a Floral Designer, practising magic when time allowed. Being Family Oriented, like her spouse Cyrus, they wanted another child. Bill and Kirsten were born while we were away

L-to-R: Shaina holding her nephew Emrys, Cassandra, Cyrus holding Bill, Uncle Aadan, Natalie holding Kirsten
C9.family.jpg

Shaina: This is ridiculous!
Aadan: I know. Your sister wanted another child, singular. But we’ve got twins again. And with Emrys still only a toddler!
Emrys: No wan sblins!
Shaina: It’s just one long round of feed, clean, rock to sleep! If I’m going to help Cassandra when she moves out, she’s got to promise me there’ll only be the one heir!
Aadan: Too right!

c10.1.jpg

Grace: I thought I’d pop over and see how my latest grandchildren are doing.
Emrys: Poopy napnap.
Grace: Ah – maybe another time…

c10.2.jpg

Aadan: go to sleep, Bill, please!
Shaina: I thought he was the self-soother. Isn’t it Kirsten that won’t settle?
Aadan: You know what? I’m not sure I can remember which one’s which.

c10.3.jpg

Cassandra: Thanks for making my cake, Auntie Shaina.
Shaina: You’re welcome, sweetie. And thanks for clearing all those nappies we get.

c10.4.jpg

Aadan: You’re making a great start, Cassandra. You never know, you might make an A grade on your first day!
Cassandra: Oh I don’t know, Uncle Aadan. Watcher wants to come with me to see if there are any new students.
Aadan: Right – it’s so hard to improve grades when you’re Watched.

c10.5.jpg

Cassandra: Are there any new students?
Watcher: Not that I can see. Oh look. There’s Kyoshi. Your mum used to have a crush on him!
Cassandra: Ew!

c10.8.jpg

Cassandra: This is fun after being stuck indoors all day. I know I’m Cheerful but I do Love Outdoors. This Curator aspiration gets me out and about jogging all over the place.

c10.9.jpg

Natalie: This might be my last ever Flower Arrangement. They’re selling for over $5k on Plopsy. Such a shame that our Bloodline couldn’t use them for the museum. That reminds me. I really ought to show my face at the Magical Realm. I just need to get my last level.

c10.11.jpg

Morgyn: You say we’ve met before? It’s obviously been a long time but yes, I’ll duel for knowledge!
Natalie: Argh! The Curse of the Duellist, whatever that is. Just as well I’ve got this potion of Curse Cleansing.
Watcher: Well done, Natalie. You’ve completed your Bloodline requirements. Just your career to max!

c10.12.jpg

Cassandra: I heard from someone at school that you rocked up to Prom wearing, well a fabulous purple rock.
Evelyn: So? What’s it to you?
Cassandra: Our family had a break-in the other week and a large amethyst crystal was stolen. Your jewel sounds about right if it had been polished down.
Evelyn: My late father gave it to me. It’s not yours.
Cassandra: I’ve heard about your late father! Sticky fingers is what I’ve heard!
Evelyn: Get out!
Cassandra: I’m declaring you my Enemy!

c10.14.jpg

Watcher: What’s going on?
Natalie: While you were away, someone ate some of Emrys’ cake.
Watcher: It’s only that Matcha Tea cake that does that. So weird.
Natalie: Happy Birthday, Emrys
Emrys: Pfft.

c10.15.jpg

Natalie: Oh no! The twins are in a muddle too!
Watcher: At least they’re not half-way through a wall this time.

c10.16.jpg

Natalie: Phew! Made it. Now I can quit and relax. If looking after a full house can be called relaxing!

c10.17.jpg

Natalie: More green cake for the little ones. I’d say time flies but this has been a long week!
Cyrus: Happy Birthday, littlies!

c10.18.jpgc10.19.jpg

Becca: Feel the burn!
Cassandra: I only came in while the frog logs spawn outside.
Becca: No-one sits around waiting in my gym without getting a sweat on!
Cassandra: OK OK I’m working out!

c10.20.jpg

Rick Tangata: Yeah, Natalie Calixte has completed her requirements but that Cassandra has to complete a collection for The Curator and is nowhere near. What a newb!

c10.21.jpg

L-to-R: Cassandra, Natalie holding Bill, Uncle Aadan, Cyrus holding Kirsten, Shaina, Emrys
t10.family.jpg

Progress

Watchers Note

Giving in to Cyrus & Natalie’s desire for more children was a big mistake! This week has been so hectic keeping the now-toddlers fed, clean and happy. I suspect Cassandra could have been ready to move out without their presence.

Making enemies is my least favourite part of this challenge. My heirs are careering along, working on positive things and then wham, they have to go and pick a fight with someone they’ve never met.

It’s funny that, for both sets of twins, the girl got Natalie’s dark eyes and the boy got Cyrus’ piercing blue ones.

Cassandra is a distinctive but attractive Sim, having kept the ancient Minerva nose. Her colouring is all from Natalie but ear- lip- and eye-shape all from Cyrus. Dark haired spouses with pointy ears have still not materialized since Natalie went on the hunt. Hmmmm

Genes Cassandra.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 10: Regrets, I’ve Had A Few (23-Aug)
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2023, 03:06:50 PM »
I feel for you, Watcher, having to suddenly deal with two additional (but unecessary) twin infants.
Playing Izar with her triplet infants really stressed me out!  No more triplets for me, if I can help it. 
Unlike my legacy challenge, your households don't require an extra child to keep the house in the family since the former heir's household stops aging once the new heir moves out.  Is that correct?
Raising sim infants and completing collections are not a great combination, eh?  :D

On the plus side, Cyrus has done a fantastic job of bringing pointy ears back into the Calixte bloodline!
Maybe you could seed your simverse with multiple pointy-eared spellcasters then see who your Calixte heirs run into?
Cassie looks a lot like Cyrus.  Looking forward to seeing if Kirsten takes after Natalie.

P.S. Thanks so much for starting each update with a recap of that household's previous week.
It helps me plunge into the update knowing everybody's names and their latest developments!  :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2023, 04:11:18 PM »
Yes, aging off for all unplaced households so former heirs don't get old or die off. There's absolutely no reason to have more babies but I find hard to deny their wants!
Gen 4 will only have one baby each!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2023, 04:47:50 PM »
Yes, aging off for all unplaced households so former heirs don't get old or die off. There's absolutely no reason to have more babies but I find hard to deny their wants!
Gen 4 will only have one baby each!
Aaaah, the temptation to have more babies can be hard to resist!
When I have an attractive couple, I sometimes want more heir options.  In case of my Gen4 Mishmash, though, there really needs to be t least three children.
Good luck on sticking to single births for your RDC!  *winks

anything