Author Topic: Three Strands Accord - a Rivals Dynasty Challenge: Complete (15-Sep)  (Read 31454 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 3: Gallery? Sweatshop! (23-Jun)
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2023, 04:19:31 PM »
How great that Alan could actually adopt Kane.
Just now I googled and learn that Adopting a stepchild is a new feature of Growing Together.
I wish I'd known about it.
I'd thought Prince and Tiva were all set to complete Big Happy Family, but then the aspiration only counted their blood-related children and grandchildren. :(
If only I'd known about the new Adopt feature earlier!

Edited to add: Just now, I had Tiva invite the YA Graham (child of Prince/Jasmine) over to see if she could adopt him, but it didn't work.
                     That makes sense, since the pre-existing adoption-by-phone feature only worked for Children and younger.
Thanks for the heads-up, Judi!
I thought I hadn't see the Adopt option before.

Do you think we need a "Today I learned..." thread for the Growing Together pack?
I only started playing the new pack about six weeks ago.
Surely, I'm missing a lot of really new and useful features!  :D
Thanks for setting me straight about the new Adoption feature!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2023, 02:32:21 AM »
How great that Alan could actually adopt Kane.
Just now I googled and learn that Adopting a stepchild is a new feature of Growing Together.
I wish I'd known about it.
I'd thought Prince and Tiva were all set to complete Big Happy Family, but then the aspiration only counted their blood-related children and grandchildren. :(
If only I'd known about the new Adopt feature earlier!

Edited to add: Just now, I had Tiva invite the YA Graham (child of Prince/Jasmine) over to see if she could adopt him, but it didn't work.
                     That makes sense, since the pre-existing adoption-by-phone feature only worked for Children and younger.
Thanks for the heads-up, Judi!
I thought I hadn't see the Adopt option before.

Do you think we need a "Today I learned..." thread for the Growing Together pack?
I only started playing the new pack about six weeks ago.
Surely, I'm missing a lot of really new and useful features!  :D
Thanks for setting me straight about the new Adoption feature!
Go for it! I definitely keep learning new things. I still haven't git to the bottom of how the Infant Milestones work. It seems very easy to get Top-Notch Infant...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2023, 08:50:24 AM »

Poor, overlooked Kane! The bit with him showing up at school and not being allowed to do anything was pretty great. Yuki seems like she would be make some pretty offspring.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2023, 02:17:58 AM »

Poor, overlooked Kane! The bit with him showing up at school and not being allowed to do anything was pretty great. Yuki seems like she would be make some pretty offspring.
I've never brought Yuki into a challenge before. Her much-maligned sister Candy - yes. I do get Yuki and Sofia Bjersen mixed up which could cause problems...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 4: Summer’s Autumn
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2023, 04:59:56 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 4: Summer’s Autumn
Well-Educated

Valentine:  My Uni application is still being processed, Dad! Can we go to the flea market? There might be some interesting things to add to my collection.
Will: Sure. Your Mum’s got to go to work – she should get promoted today – but the rest of us can.
Valentine: The stalls only have things I’m not collecting, but I get 3 posters. They’re cool. I’ll just shoot some hoops while I’m here. It all counts as working out so Mum should be pleased.
Will: I need to prep my presentation. Just keep that ball away from my board.
Valentine: Whoops!

k4.1.jpg

Summer: Sunday evening I did come home with a promotion to level 8. Let’s play chess to celebrate!
Liberty: OK, but I can’t mentor you if I play.
Summer: I won’t need mentoring soon. My Logic’s doing great. Hey! Look at that!
Liberty: What? Is it another flash of lightening? Just a minute. I’m sure your queen was in a different place!
Summer: Oh, I don’t think so… Hey, Tim! What are you doing?
Tim: I got a sudden urge to knit. I think it’s great fun.
Summer: If you say so.

k4.3.jpg

Valentine: I know! I know! I look like a dork. Watcher said I should get a job now I’m a LLamacorn Scout. 5-7am every weekday as a Barista! And I’ve got to fit it around my studies!
Watcher: Only until you max it. There’s plenty of time.
Valentine: Don’t forget I’m doing loads of workouts too!
Watcher: Oh yes. Still – you’ll make it.

k4.5.jpg

Will: You’re doing great. Just put all the info on the board and then you can Refine & Organize it. After that, you’ve just got to find some time during a work day to present it.
Valentine: I’ve got an essay to write too.
Will: That can be submitted anytime before Thursday. It’s all doable.
Valentine: Mum keeps asking me to pose for my portrait.
Will: She keeps trying to make me a better one too. She’s as good as she can be at Painting now. She really is an Art-Lover.

k4.6.jpg

Tim: Thanks for helping me to learn to ride a bike, Hiroto.
Hiroto: Just another strand to my Nanny bow. Although you never hire me now…
Tim: I love seeing you as a friend. You’re great!
Hiroto: And now free!

k4.8.jpg

Valentine: I was at work when All Soul’s Day kicked in so I’m the only one not in a costume! At least I topped the Barista career and Watcher let me quit it. I was home in time to light the candles for the Departed. Not that I know anyone that’s died but still…it felt special. Now, who shall I invite over as the Guests part of this celebration.

k4.10.jpg

Sofia: Look – 3 weeks later and our Friendship Bracelets are still going strong.
Valentine: Mumble mumble mumble.
Sofia: Cat got your tongue? Kaori said you were like this at the Prom.
Valentine (to self): Wowee! Sofia is irrestitible! I have a major crush on her!

k4.11.jpg

Valentine: I suddenly got Confident – because I got Mind & Body as a child – so I hoiked myself out of my nervousness and tried a Bold Pick-Up Line I’d heard about. It felt a bit cheesy. Does it look cheesy to you? Sofia went for it though. She’s so cute!

k4.14.jpg

Summer: I know we got to let off mortar fireworks and fountain fireworks but Tim’s Sparkler looks much more fun.
Liberty: And lasts longer too. He’s got a yellow one as well.

k4.15.jpg

Summer: Happy Birthday Will.
Will: Thanks honey! Hey! You got another promotion. I can tell from your outfit.
Summer: I know. And you’re the only one still wearing your costume. But I’ll let you off as it’s your birthday.
Will: By the way, just checking…were you thinking we should have another child?
Summer: Never crossed my mind. Were you?
Will: No. Weird isn’t it? Given that we’ve got such a strong romantic relationship.

k4.16.jpg

Summer: Right, Val. That’s you up to top Fitness but you need to start eating right and maintaining a regular pattern of exercise. Then you really will reach Maximum Physique.
Valentine: Puff Puff Puff

k4.18.jpg

Liberty: Well done for getting to Llamacorn Scout, Tim!
Tim: Thanks Mum. And thanks for joining me as a bear.
Liberty: Anything for my Tiny Tim!
Summer: Cute? Weird? Adorable?

k4.20.jpg

Valentine: Dad’s got his degree and signed up as a level 8 Education Administrator. He’s so happy to finally be adding to the household bills. My training is going well but I really need a shower.
Tim: Grrrrr! Whee! I love riding round on my bike!

k4.22.jpg

Summer: Valentine couldn’t ask Sofia to the Prom and he didn’t want to upset her so he invited her round. He was so happy when she agreed to be his girlfriend that he tried for a first kiss. She was more than happy about that.
I turned a blind eye when they went off to the tent together. Will says he needs to study more for his exams on Monday but I say there’s more to life than studies. Besides, we had Travis’ birthday to celebrate.
You’ve not seen much of Travis? He’s got his Computer Whiz aspiration but, to be honest, once Will had to choose Economics instead of Computer Science to get a Distinguished Degree, Travis’ computer skills haven’t really been an asset. It’s Liberty that maxed Logic to get Nerd Brain and me that maxed Fitness and Painting. We love Travis but his main contribution is a regular wage…and being Tim’s Dad.

k4.23.jpg

L-to-R: Valentine, Liberty, Will, Travis, Summer, Tim
k4.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watcher Note

Despite it being 2 weeks absence, Val’s uni application did not get processed while I was playing the other bloodlines. Starting term on a Tuesday means he has to do the homework and study for the exams for any M/W/F lecture subjects so that he should be OK for that Semester. It will only affect his first Semester as he should be able to re-enrol on the Sat prior to the next week for the Well-Educated bloodline. We shall see how it’s affected his results when we return.

Val has got 7 crystals, 7 frogs, 7 produce but I’d really like him to collect something more linked to his career if he has time. It might just be the most valuable thing he has 7 of at the point he’s ready to move out.

Note on emojis - the tick - check mark - works and so did the money bag (for Retail) but a book emoji (for Well-Educated) doesn't. Nor do a few others. It's a question of trial and error.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 4: Summer’s Autumn (25-Jun)
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2023, 08:34:05 AM »

Oh gosh, little Tim in the bear costume popping a wheely! Soooo cute! I've never seen my sims do that with their bikes. Perhaps it matters which bike you pick?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 4: Summer’s Autumn (25-Jun)
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »
I really liked the shot of Tim with the sparkler--he looks so much like his mom Liberty in that shot!
At the Flea Market, if nobody's selling what your sim wants, they can bring duplicates to "Trade Collectibles." They'll get a different item of the same collection with each trade.
The Well-Educated Bloodline seems the hardest one due to the scheduling and the extra requirements.
Oh, Travis!  But he was a super helper in my RDC! Maybe find him a new niche? Upgrade all the laptops or fully upgrade the rocket ship?
Great job this week, Kennas!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 4: The Curse of Friendliness
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2023, 09:50:47 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 4: The Curse of Friendliness
Spellcaster

L-to-R: Mosi, Kiama, Gemma, Aadan
C4.family.jpg

Mosi: Mum?
Kiama: Yes! It’s the start of a beautiful week!
Mosi: I know you were just at the Casbah Gallery but why are you dressed as an artist?
Kiama: Just a bit of fun, dear, just a bit of fun.

C4.1.jpg

Kiama: Ah – Emilia. I see you’re very happy to have Darrel join the club.
Emilia: Mm- mm- mm!
Kiama: That looks like fun.

C4.2.jpg

Kiama: Do you mind if I….?
Emilia: Be my guest.
Darrel: Well, this is a fun place to be! Will you be my girlfriend, Kiama?
Kiama: I really don’t see any reason why not.
Watcher: All this autonomous wooing is going to get complicated again!
Darrel: I’ve been thinking about this a lot (since I joined the club this morning) and wanted to ask if you’d like to live together, Kiama?
Watcher: Absolutely not!

C4.3.jpg

Darrel: So, half-bro, I asked your mum if we could live together but she said no.
Mosi: Aren’t you engaged to and living with Emilia?
Darrel: She could have come too. The more the merrier.
Mosi: That’s an interesting idea and one I shall consider. I’ve got time on my hands since the Principal phoned to ask if I’d like to graduate early. I’m doing a lot of knitting and a lot of thinking.

C4.6.jpg

Gemma: I could continue building the rocket at home or I could do back-to-back missions here. I wonder if I can squeeze 5 in. Mosi’s around here somewhere, if you’d like to check in on him.
Watcher: OK

C4.8.jpg

Mosi: You look old and a bit weird in that outfit!
Will: What’s your problem!
Mosi: Well, my problem is your face!
Will: You’re making me really angry.
Mosi: And yet, because I’m Incredibly Friendly, I can’t seem to make our relationship anything worse than neutral.
Watcher: Yeah. I really shouldn’t snap that Incredibly Friendly trait up for all you Heirs!

C4.9.jpg

Mosi: Happy Birthday, Gemma!
Kiama: Yay! You’re Outgoing now.
Grace: I’m very pleased for you, despite harbouring resentment that Kiama won’t let me move in.
Kiama: For such a Tiny Residence, it’s a really popular place!
Watcher: Gemma? Did you want to change your wardrobe a bit? You’re no longer a rebellious Teen. You can dress any way you like.
Gemma: I’ll tweak it a bit. The holey tights were a bit impractical. But I want to be an Artist so I think some outré fashion is appropriate.

C4.11.jpg

Emilia: Kiama! I didn’t know you still did Patrols
Kiama: I’ve solved enough cases to get promotion so I’m trying to get my performance up. This was one of the tasks. Did I just see you fighting with Tomax?
Emilia: He started it!
Kiama: Tomax! Here’s a citation for fighting!
Tomax: What about her? She’s no innocent!
Emilia: I’m in Kiama’s club! It’s one of the perks.

C4.12.jpg

Kiama: Sorry, Emilia, I’ve got to get my stats up. Here’s your citation.
Tomax: Ah ha!
Emilia: Wow, Kiama, you look really fierce when you’re being all serious. Look, Tomax has gone. Can’t we just rip that up?
Kiama: No can do, fiancé of my boyfriend.
Emilia: Yeah. About that! I’m not sure how I feel, now we’re not at your place.

C4.13.jpg

Kiama: Hey Presto! I’m a Virtuoso!
Watcher: Well done! We still need 3 more perks plus you need to remove a curse.
Kiama: I’ve never been cursed, thank goodness.
Watcher: That’s all very well, but you need to be cursed to remove it. Unless you can remove a curse from someone else. It’s a bit vague in the rules.
Kiama: Wouldn’t I have to curse them first? That seems a little….mean.
Watcher: If it's allowed in the rules, you'll just have to put your mean face on and do it!
Kiama: What do you mean? My mean face?

C4.14.jpg

Mosi: Mum says, as I’ve maxed Knitting, I should start learning magic. This looks harder than when she does it.
Gemma: Hold it! I’ll just capture this moment.
Mosi: Another portrait? We’ve already got a high value one.
Gemma: This one would have been more fitting for a Spellcaster it’s not as good. Maybe another time.

C4.15.jpg

Aadan: Happy Birthday, Mum!
Emilia: Yeah Yeah, Happy Birthday.
Kiama: Thank you, Aadan. You’re such a good boy, getting Llamacorn Scout while you’re still a child.
Mosi: Hey! Someone made me age-up early so I didn’t have time.

C4.16.jpg

Cassandra: Thanks for dancing with me, Mosi.
Mosi: You’re a little Gloomy but then so is Greta Laurent. And you’re the only 2 dark-haired girls here apart from Darling and she’s Unflirty.
Cassandra: So you’re not staring at Yuki and Sofia over there?
Mosi: Nah, Watcher just wanted them in the picture. I’m destined to love another dark-haired Sim.
Cassandra: Are you saying it’s between me and Greta?
Mosi: Hold that thought. Thanks for the dance. Now, where are the fella’s all gone?

C4.18.jpg

Kiama: Didn’t you meet anyone you liked?
Mosi: I liked them all plenty but no crushes.
Kiama: Well, you’ve got another week and a bit. There’s no rush.
Mosi: I thought this was a race….
Kiama: Oh yes. You’re right. Maybe I need to look through my contacts…

C4.19.jpg

Progress

Watchers Note

Each Heir has to be enemies with at least one person in each of the other Bloodlines. Mosi happened across Will at GeekCon but couldn’t make enemies despite Will hanging around longer than anticipated. Methinks a more concerted effort may be needed before this requirement is achieved.

Thoughts on the curse removal? The requirement is:
"must remove a curse at least once"
but would removing it from another Sim, by giving them a potion, be allowed? I'm such a newbie at Spellcasting, I could do with some advice.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mosi's making great progress as the heir.
Haha, that Free Love NAP really messes with your sims' relationships.  Poor Emilia?
Watcher, you (or the game?) just can't leave Darrell alone. LOL!

As for curse removal, it's quite easy to get afflicted with a curse while experimenting on the cauldron.
My spellcasters never fail to get cursed at least once while working on that "Brew 5 potions" task.
Perhaps Kiama could just keep Experimenting?
Another way to get cursed is to lose too many duels. The Sages aren't Virtuoso rank but are still hard to beat.
Be sure to Copypasto a few of those Potions of Curse Cleansing (for the heirs) since Kiama can cast Decursify on herself.
Good luck!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
As for curse removal, it's quite easy to get afflicted with a curse while experimenting on the cauldron.
My spellcasters never fail to get cursed at least once while working on that "Brew 5 potions" task.
Perhaps Kiama could just keep Experimenting?
Another way to get cursed is to lose too many duels. The Sages aren't Virtuoso rank but are still hard to beat.
Be sure to Copypasto a few of those Potions of Curse Cleansing (for the heirs) since Kiama can cast Decursify on herself.
Good luck!
Thanks, I'll do that.
Just in case Kiama can't get herself cursed, do you think it has to be herself that has to cured or could it be someone else?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Thanks, I'll do that.
Just in case Kiama can't get herself cursed, do you think it has to be herself that has to cured or could it be someone else?

It's up to you how you interpret the "remove a curse" requirement.
I've played many spellcasters but I've never had one never get cursed at least once. 
Even Aritz got cursed on his first day as a watched sim.  ;-)
If you decide the sim needs to cure themself, it's a good requirement to try and finish while their magical rank is still low.
By dueling higher-rank casters, non-stop experimenting on the cauldron, etc.

If you choose to have Kiama cure another sim, choose Gemma so Mosi needn't get cursed twice.
That's just my unsolicited two cents, hehe.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Oh wow, that's good to know about the Incredibly Friendly reward trait. I would never have suspected it would prevent you from having enemies. Since Kiama is already a virtuoso, it might be hard for herself to get cursed, so I think it's fair to curse and cure another sim. Plus the rule doesn't stipulate who it is who gets cursed.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher

Oh wow, that's good to know about the Incredibly Friendly reward trait. I would never have suspected it would prevent you from having enemies. Since Kiama is already a virtuoso, it might be hard for herself to get cursed, so I think it's fair to curse and cure another sim. Plus the rule doesn't stipulate who it is who gets cursed.
I think Mosi will still be able to make enemies, it'll just be harder. Even with a Rude Introduction, the friendship bar went straight into the green!

Thanks for the input on the curses - I'll have Kiama experiment to increase her Spellcasting ability to get the remaining 3 perks needed. If she doesn't get herself cursed, I'll try the other route.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I think Mosi will still be able to make enemies, it'll just be harder. Even with a Rude Introduction, the friendship bar went straight into the green!

Thanks for the input on the curses - I'll have Kiama experiment to increase her Spellcasting ability to get the remaining 3 perks needed. If she doesn't get herself cursed, I'll try the other route.
Kiama could also invite each of the Sages to her home to duel them for artifacts. They only drop the rarest magical artifacts.
I tried having Carlos "Duel for Knowledge" (to learn potions/spells) when he was at Adept rank. Yep, he got cursed.
It's random. Keep us posted on Kiama's progress! <3

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 4: Work Harder, Dad!
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2023, 03:18:43 PM »
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 4: Work Harder, Dad!
Retail

L-to-R: Rick, Ulrike, Alan, Maaike, Kane, Lex
t4.family.jpg

Rick: Dad spends every waking moment at the Gallery. He gets lots of customers but has to work them hard to get sales. He’s got top quality parquet flooring and marble floors. It’s a nice place to be but, now it’s Autumn, the docks are too cold for me to fish.

T4.1.jpg

Rick: At the end of Sunday, I made a deal with Dad. We’d all go to a Sulani beach to relax and I would graduate early and get a job. This lovely rainbow fish was my 19th type of fish. I got a Mahi Mahi as well, which made 20. I’m only level 9 Fishing so I need more practice.

t4.3.jpg

Ulrike: That’s great, Lex. You could be a really great artist.
Lex: Like you, Mum?
Ulrike: Why not! You’re not a Spellcaster like your Dad, so… Actually, you can be anything you want to be.

T4.4.jpg

Alan: I don’t know why they’ve put 4 of the same sculpture in here. I can see they’re all rotated a bit, but doesn’t that just make them décor rather than Art?
Watcher: Well, you’ve studied them all but it only counts a studying one for your work task. Time to move on.
Alan: Shame you didn’t notice that before I’d studied all of them!

T4.7.jpg

Kane: Thanks for coming over to help, Travis.
Travis: Well, I couldn’t really refuse, could I? Besides, I helped my wife Liberty build ours so…
Kane: You’re a trouper. Is it her that’s doing Nerd Brain?
Travis: Yeah, but I’m not sure why.
Kane: I’m planning to go with Rick when he moves out.
Travis: Liberty’s not going with Val….I hope. How close is Rick to moving out?
Kane: He’s just become an Angling Ace so that just leaves one more requirement…plus Dad’s, of course.

T4.8.jpg

Lex: Be a great artist! Let’s make some Art here.
Watcher: Why do you keep doing that, Lex? It’s about 4 times a day. And your Mum just makes you clean it up.
Lex: It’s Performance Art.

T4.10.jpg

Rick: Listen, punk! I’m going to move out first so I’ll get the pick of sites!
Mosi: Not if I have anything to do with it, loser! I heard your Dad’s got his “gallery” up to $100k but hasn’t got a single perk!
Rick: Right! Fight!
Mosi: Ow – that’s painful!
Rick: You are officially my enemy!

T4.11.jpg

Will: I don’t see why you have to be so rude!
Rick: I wiped the floor with Mosi. I’m feeling Mortified and you look like a wimp.
Will: I may look puny, but my Fitness is up to 10. Take that!
Rick: Argh! I need to get fitter. Never-the-less, you’re officially my enemy too!

T4.12.jpg

Alan: Well done, son. You’ve topped your part-time job. I’m not sure why you would choose Fast Food instead of Retail but I’m proud of you.
Rick: I thought we could diversify. I’ve learnt a lot.
Alan: Diversify? High-class Art is the aim. It’s all there is. Did you hear I got the Serious Shopper perk today? That means more sales. I’m getting there.

T4.14.jpg

Alan: What is this monstrosity?
Rick: It’s a cupcake factory.
Alan: But we hardly eat anything here. And that’s another thing. Why are you wasting loads of money cooking gourmet dishes that we don’t need?
Rick: I told you Dad. We should diversify. I got to be Spice Champion last night and I feel inspired!
Alan: OK, son. I don’t want to crush your dreams. We’ll install a chiller display case. You can see if anyone wants your little cakes.
Rick: And pastries!

T4.16A.jpg

Alan: Happy Birthday to me, at my favourite place. That son of mine is working hard selling pictures. He hasn’t sold a single cupcake. I hope he’s not too disappointed. He’s being very gracious about me holding him up. He could have moved out yesterday.  We’ve got a few portraits of us for sale in here. They’re not as good as the ones at home.

T4.17.jpg

Watcher: Where’s Maaike? She’s been doing a lot of training and has maxed fitness. She’s not done much else…

T4.18.jpg

Progress

Watcher Note
Sorry I've not been commenting on the forum lately. I'm having trouble with my laptop keyboard - the centre 2 keys on every row have stopped working - so I'm having to use a remote keyboard. This is very hard when I'm trying to use my laptop on my lap (!) Anyway, tomorrow it's going in to the local computer hospital to see a very nice man and hopefully it be will home shortly.
BTW I did prise the keys off to clean under them and ousted many tiny dust bunnies. Shame it didn't fix the problem.

anything