Author Topic: Three Strands Accord - a Rivals Dynasty Challenge: Complete (15-Sep)  (Read 31261 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 1: The First Time (5-Jun)
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2023, 12:53:18 PM »
Liberty is one of my favorite townies and you know I'm a fan of Will!
Congrats, Will, on your distinguished degree offers! 
Hmmm, Professor Kenna...I rather like the sound of that!
It's official. I'm #TeamKenna!

P.S. My sims get offered the Ambitious trait every single time they earn a promotion...
I also like Liberty a lot but I was shooting for white-blonde hair again. Summer is the best blonde option with good roomies to help raise Gen 2 for their destined career - my hints in this regard have been as subtle as a brick!
I have removed Liberty's goofy walk - she's so lovely, why would they do that to her? I've also changed her formal/party hairstyle as the short choppy style just doesn't match her long hair in bunches.

Looking at the photos, yes, Summer must have just been promoted from the mascot to cheerleader when she got Ambitious. Just as well, as the mascot outfit is damaged beyond repair after going into labour in it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2023, 01:18:25 PM »
I also like Liberty a lot but I was shooting for white-blonde hair again. Summer is the best blonde option with good roomies to help raise Gen 2 for their destined career - my hints in this regard have been as subtle as a brick!
I have removed Liberty's goofy walk - she's so lovely, why would they do that to her? I've also changed her formal/party hairstyle as the short choppy style just doesn't match her long hair in bunches.

Looking at the photos, yes, Summer must have just been promoted from the mascot to cheerleader when she got Ambitious. Just as well, as the mascot outfit is damaged beyond repair after going into labour in it!
I can see your logic in choosing Summer in hopes of passing on Will's genes.  In that respect, as you are playing your RDC unofficially, how do you feel about bypassing the "firstborn child is the heir" rule?  I vote yes, lol!  Especially since you'd mentioned something earlier about two kids in each household being advantageous. *winks

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous comment, but I really like the way you are respecting your helper's original personalities when choosing their outfits and such.
And, I agree with you that Liberty doesn't deserve that goofy walk!
Your hints about the Gen2 career went completely over my head.  I'm going to reread your update right now, haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2023, 04:44:02 PM »

Valentine is a great name, and getting Summer's blue eyes is a good catch, too. Or, were you hoping for the violet? As oshizu points out, bypassing that firstborn child is heir rule can be a lot of fun for getting better genetics. I know I did that with my dynasty!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2023, 01:51:20 AM »

Valentine is a great name, and getting Summer's blue eyes is a good catch, too. Or, were you hoping for the violet? As oshizu points out, bypassing that firstborn child is heir rule can be a lot of fun for getting better genetics. I know I did that with my dynasty!
I've not played with violet eyes before so I would have liked to keep them but Summer's blue eyes are intense! I could be happy with them  :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 1: First Born Again
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 1: First Born Again
Spellcaster

Kiama: Thanks for the discount on my Pho. I was hoping to find some useful collectibles at the Flea Market but there’s nothing I can use.
Lilith: I’m just selling Pho, lady. I don’t control the stalls.

C1.1.jpg

Kiama: So your name is Gemma. And you’re a Spellcaster?
Gemma: Yep. If you’re serious about being a Spellcaster, you need to meet Morgyn, Simeon and L. Faba. She’s the best. Especially if you want Mischief spells. People say she’s Mean but I think she’s cool.

C1.2.jpg

Kiama: Hey! What do you know! Singing about New Skills Day gives me the Singing skill and ticks of the requirement.
Simeon: La la La La
Morgyn: Hooray!

C1.3.jpg

Kiama: I can’t believe I’ve been sent to Selvadorada to find a Mean Red-Head. This woman’s a red-head but I don’t think she’s Mean. I need to get this right. My Logic isn’t good enough to get evidence analysis right and every time someone tells me to Talk to the Chief, she gets mad at me and tells me to get back to work. I do hope I can make this job work!

C1.8.jpg

Gemma: Thanks for coming over, Kiama. Maybe you can help diffuse the tension here.
Kiama: What seems to be the problem?
Gemma: You know I told you about my brother, Darrel?
Kiama: Tried to set me up with him, you mean!
Gemma: Ah, well his fiancé Emilia…
Kiama: Fiancé?
Gemma: Yes. She wanted a dog but Darrel’s a Snob…
Kiama: Snob?
Gemma: Yes and so he wanted this huge lollopy thing as a status symbol. Mum is not pleased about it and Darrel’s a bit of a Hot-Head…
Kiama: Hot-Head?
Gemma: Yes, so he and mum are having a full on barney! It’s usually me she’s mad at. I’m worried they’ll start casting at each other in a minute!
Kiama: I can calm the situation but…
Gemma: Can’t I just come and live with you? I’m fed up of all this tension!

C1.10.jpg

Minerva: Ah – I’ve always wanted bees. I couldn’t let Gemma come on her own, of course. Not to a strangers house. I know we don’t always get on but I love her. If she’d only move away from the Mischief Magic! I was glad to move out of our ancestral home. Darryl and Emilia need to make it their own – no room for me anymore. This will be a new start for me and Gem.

C1.11.jpg

Minerva: I’ve ditched that old dress I’ve had for years. No-one bothered to ask before but I like Polished Fashion and I like white. I’ve kept a fair bit of grey and black in my wardrobe but white is my favourite. Gemma, bless her, likes Basic and Rocker Fashion and Brown. Her wardrobe hasn’t changed much but I do like her new choppy hairstyle. She wasn’t sure about the green dip-dye, too close to her old Mum’s, but she’s decided it suits her. You know, I think I’ve become Cheerful. Isn’t that great!

Minerva.jpgGemma.jpg

Gemma: So – why are we doing this?
Kaori: It’s cool
Gemma: Why?
Kaori: It just is – you’ll feel it in a moment! And then you’ll be cool too.
Gemma: I think your definition of "cool" and mine are a little different.

C1.17.jpg

Gemma: Watcher wants me to show you my classmates. We’re all on our phones before the lesson starts, too busy to actually talk to each other! Anyway, you’ve already seen Kaori and in between us is Jeb Harris – you know, bag boy. On the front row is Cassandra, Duane and Darling. Watcher says it’s unusual to have townie teens in High School. Whatever!

C1.18.jpg

Kiama: It’s Friday night, Minerva, and I’ve still not found a suitable father for my baby.
Minerva: You could have had my Darrel if you’d wanted him. He’s easily led…
Kiama: I couldn’t break up his relationship with Emilia. After all, they’ve got a dog together!
Minerva: Well, dear. I don’t know what to suggest. I’d love a little baby in our household. I think it would be good for Gemma too.
Kiama: There is a way…if you’d be willing…

C1.22.jpg

Minerva: I can’t believe I’ve had another baby at my age! Little Mosi, first born in this household! And I can breastfeed you too. Who would have thought it!

C1.23.jpg

Kiama: And little Aadan – an extra little gift of the Ley-Line we live on. I didn’t know if that would affect having Science Babies!

C1.24.jpg

Simeon: Don’t you mind? Having baby brothers? It must have been a surprise.
Gemma: It’s keeping Mum busy – look at her upgrading the cot ready for the boys birthday. She’s got less time to pick fault with me.
Simeon: She’s got your best interests at heart, Gemma. You really do need to be careful with Mischief magic.
Gemma: Yeah, Yeah.

C1.25.jpg

Kiama: Hello, Nanny Hali’a. I need you to help Minerva and Gemma look after the babies while I’m at work.
Hali’a: Other people to help me out. This gig is going to be a breeze! Did the agency tell you that I’m Lazy?
Kiama: Hm!

C1.27.jpg

Kiama: Look, lady, I need your confession before I go home and let me tell you, I’m not in a good mood. I’ve left my twin babies with my elderly co-parent and their Goofball half-sister and a Lazy nanny. Plus the lighting in here is really bad! Just sign this and we’ll be through!

C1.29.jpg

Hali’a: I don’t understand why you’re firing me. You could just dismiss me and then I won’t look bad.
Minerva: No hard feelings dear, but you weren’t much help. We’ll be hoping for someone else next time.
Hali’a: Oh! But I enjoyed myself today.
Gemma: Yeah! We noticed!

C1.30.jpg

Watcher: So, after a long day at work plus a short recovery time, the birthday notice popped up for the boys. It was all a bit hectic, with them needing feeding and then being put to bed just before midnight and this Watcher forgot to take any pics. Suffice it to say, both boys are very cute!

L-to-R: Minerva holding Aadan, Gemma, Kiama holding Mosi
C1. Family.jpg

Founder: Kiama Calixte Young Adult
Active, Cheerful, Romanti +Outgoing
General Requirements: Career 3/10 (Detective); +
Bloodline Requirements: Aspiration - Purveyor of Potions 2/4; ++
Co-Parent: Minerva Charm (Bookworm, Family-Oriented, Self-Assured) - Elder
Helper: Gemma Charm (Goofball, Art-Lover) – Teen

Gen 2 Heir: Mosi - Infant
Sensitive

Genes Mosi.jpg

Gen 2 Spare: Aadan (Sunny) – Infant

Watcher Note

Mosi is still a traditional Swahili choice for the eldest child. Aadan is more Somalian and means “of the Earth”.

Neither twin inherited Minerva’s lovely violet eyes, getting Kiama’s black ones. Aadan’s golden locks were a surprise – I’d not looked at the base-colour for Minerva’s multi-coloured hair. If I fiddle about in a separate save file, create her twin and age her down to see hair colour, it’s the light brown next to the green on the bottom row. It will be interesting to see what colour Aadan will get as a teen. Their mothers and sister chose their clothes so they are a mixture of red, white and brown.

The original rules don’t include Science Babies but I think the boys are covered by “both parents must live on the lot”. We’ve got our Ancient Bloodline babes without involving Darrel, thank goodness!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 1: First Born Again (6-Jun)
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2023, 06:35:39 PM »
A brilliant workaround for Kiama's Ancient Bloodline children while skirting all involvement with that faithless Darrel!  LOL!
And Minerva can give Kiama magical training for a bit as well.

As for high school students consisting entirely of premade townies, this was also the case in my Mishmash simverse.
I went back to check my NSB but, of course, you and I had started our NSB challenges before the High School Years pack was released.
As I'd added a few of my own teen sims to the Mishmash simverse, I was a tad disappointed to see the high school overrun with premade townies. :(
Oho, ever since our NSBs, you've really embraced the Detective career! <3

It's hard to tell since Mosi is so young still, but he seems to favor Kiama at this point. :D
Almost forgot to mention that I really like Minerva's and Gem's makeovers!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2023, 11:10:23 PM »

Smart move going straight for Minerva this time around! Very fortuitous that Kiama had a police call to their house right away, too - or was that staged?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2023, 02:15:58 AM »
A brilliant workaround for Kiama's Ancient Bloodline children while skirting all involvement with that faithless Darrel!  LOL!
And Minerva can give Kiama magical training for a bit as well.

As for high school students consisting entirely of premade townies, this was also the case in my Mishmash simverse.
I went back to check my NSB but, of course, you and I had started our NSB challenges before the High School Years pack was released.
As I'd added a few of my own teen sims to the Mishmash simverse, I was a tad disappointed to see the high school overrun with premade townies. :(
Oho, ever since our NSBs, you've really embraced the Detective career! <3

It's hard to tell since Mosi is so young still, but he seems to favor Kiama at this point. :D
Almost forgot to mention that I really like Minerva's and Gem's makeovers!
When I was exploring Kiama having a Science Baby with Morgyn (not possible  as you said) Minera popped up as an option. When I needed the restart I thought it would be an interesting route.

The Detective career doesn't require any maxed-out skills which the Founder needs to avoid blocking from Heirs. I quite enjoy visiting all the different worlds and meeting loads of Townies, including the other Bloodlines. Kiama having the Observant trait usually makes finding suspects really easy as a trait is often revealed by clues.

Mosi's colouring does indeed favour Kiama. Whether his feature will is another matter.

Smart move going straight for Minerva this time around! Very fortuitous that Kiama had a police call to their house right away, too - or was that staged?
Kiama went round after work. She couldn't ask Teen Gemma to move in however friendly they were and Minerva was proving elusive at the Magical HQ

Kiama's Romantic nature would like a fling with someone but Darrel was off limits once he'd adopted a dog with Emilia - that's real commitment,  lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 1: Steamy Windows
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2023, 11:15:55 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 1: Steamy Windows
Retail

Alan: You look lovely!
Maaike: I know. I have an amazingly slim waist but quite large hips. I deliberately wear frumpy clothes and have an unflattering hairstyle to put people off.

t1.1.jpg

Maaike: See, I can even cook – what a catch I am!
Alan: I’ll join you, if that’s OK. We’ll get friendly that way.

t1.2.jpg

Maaike: Oh – maybe I can’t cook. Ow, Ow, Ow!
Alan: Don’t worry, beautiful! I can put the fire out.

t1.3.jpg

Alan: Um, who are you?
Kane: I’ve just moved in. Maaike is my adoptive mother.
Alan: Oh
Maaike: I met some guy called Will Kenna who said I could have a makeover but I got tired of waiting so I adopted Kane. He Loves Outdoors.
Alan: That’s good.
Maaike: Listen – I like you. I really do. But I need a shower and I’m just a bit tense from the fire. Can you see yourself out?

t1.4.jpg

Alan: So you see, Ulrike, I really want to start a dynasty with Maaike. You and Kane would be really helpful and we can get the Avant Gardes painting as well as writing. It’ll be great!
Ulrike: If it gets me out of our current house then it sounds good to me! Maaike has filled it with her favourite Shabby Chic style which I hate. It’s amazing that I haven’t had a meltdown before now.
Alan: Our Watcher can take away that hatred of Shabby Chic if you move in.
Ulrike: Where do I sign?

t1.5.jpg

Yuki: I’m glad you kept me in the club this time.
Maaike: I’m not sure why I’d have booted you out. You’re an asset, even if you do hog the computer to play games.
Yuki: I like your new hairstyle and wardrobe.
Maaike: Yes, I like Basics and Outdoorsy fashion. I hated Green but that was a bit inconvenient, what with it being Alan’s favourite colour. So now I like brown and orange plus a touch of Green.
Yuki: You’re unusually cheerful, Maaike.
Maaike: Yes, I believe I am!

t1.7.jpg

Alan: Oh Maaike, I’m so glad you like me.
Maaike: It’s so good to be recognized as an asset. I’ve always played second fiddle to Ulrike’s awesomeness before.
Gunther (in own head): I always knew you were awesome. I always thought we’d be together. You’re just like my mother. You’re perfect!
Maaike: What, Gunther? Did you say something?
Gunther: What? No! Nothing!

t1.9.jpg

Maaike: Thanks for bringing me to the gym for a date. I really want to get started on my fitness program.
Alan: Our first date. Will you be my girlfriend?
Maaike: Of course. Especially now you’re Active. Very attractive in a man!
Summer: Aren’t you 2 adorable! And you like Basics and Outdoorsy fashion Maaike, just like me!
Maaike: We could go shopping together!
Summer: It’s a date!
Maaike: No, not a date. But definitely shopping!

t1.11.jpg

Alan: My first and only time at our MAU Gallery this week. Eventually it will be high-end art but for now it’s mainly selling off the things we don’t need from Maaike and Ulrike’s house. And my first ever sale is to an Alien! I wonder why she’s pretending not to be an Alien…

t1.12.jpg

Alan: Maaike, you’ve been a real asset in the shop today, helping with a sale and cleaning. You are the perfect person for me. Will you marry me and help me start a dynasty?
Maaike: You’re so romantic.
Alan: No, I’m not but for some reason you’ve just become Family-Oriented.
Maaike: I was thinking about Kane.
Alan: I’ve got a surprise for him. I hope he likes it.

t1.13a.jpg

Maaike: He’s going to love this! Alan, you’re so…manly.
Gunther (in own head): Hey I’m helping too. I mean I eventually got that box open. Just because Alan’s doing all the hammering…I’d have made a great father for Kane!
Maaike: Are you OK, Gunther? You’ve just hit your thumb.
Gunther: I think I need a lie-down.

t1.14.jpg

Alan: I’m so glad you agreed to this private wedding.
Maaike (in own head): I’m really fighting my Snob trait to not mind about his casual outfit. I dressed in my formal wear for this.
Alan: Will you?
Maaike: Yes of course!

t1.15.jpg

Alan: We’re both hungry so I ordered us a meat platter. I hope that’s OK
Maaike: It’s not exactly cordon bleu but I know exactly what I want for dessert!

t1.16.jpg

Alan: That’s my kind of dessert! Steamy Windows!
Maaike: And you use up calories instead of gaining pounds.
Alan: And yet you rarely see it suggested at Weight Watchers… Dearest Maaike, I’m going to be totally devoted to you for ever and ever as I have just become Loyal.
Maaike: That’s great, especially for when this baby comes.
Alan: You’re pregnant?
Maaike: I guess I will be gaining pounds, after all. Maybe that’s why they don’t recommend it on slimming programmes.

t1.17.jpg

Watcher: Meanwhile, back at base, Ulrike was getting her flirt on when Simeon turned up in a Flirty mood.

t1.21.jpg

Watcher: One date led to a proposal even if Studio Pop isn’t a great locale for a date unless you’re at least some sort of celebrity, which Simeon is not.

t1.22.jpg

Watcher: An in-tent-s celebration of her engagement found Ulrike also in an “interesting” condition.

t1.23.jpg

Watcher: All-in-all, things were getting pretty busy in the Tangata household. Hey, Kane! How are you holding up?
Kane: I can’t hear you. I’m lost on a desert island.
Watcher: Did you say dessert?
Kane: Why would I be on a dessert island. That would be weird.
Watcher: I don’t know. A dessert island would be fine by me.

t1.24.jpg

Kane: This is Hali’a. She’s my nanny. I don’t really need a nanny but she mentored me in violin and now we’re BFFs.
Watcher: That’s a little sad – BFFs with your nanny.
Kane: BFFs with my violin teacher? That would be ok.

t1.25.jpg

Kane: Mummy Maaike had baby Rick. He eats and sleeps and poops so he’s a bit boring. Maybe he’ll be more fun when he’s older. Mummy Maaike is very happy with him but I’m a bit sad that I’m being ignored. Daddy Alan has become officially Cheerful.

t1.28.jpg

Watcher: Watch out! You only just got through that door!
Kane: I’ll never get the hang of this!
Watcher: You will. Just listen to Maaike.
Kane: Thanks for getting her to teach me.
Watcher: Well, it was a bit of a guilt-trip but it’s all good practice.
Kane: You’re not using me to practise stuff for when Rick grows up, are you?
Watcher (innocently): Me? The very thought hadn’t crossed my mind!

t1.29.jpg

Alan: There you go, little fella. You’ve got Maaike’s lovely eye and hair colour combo.
Kane: He’s kindda funny-looking.
Alan: Aw – don’t say that when he can hear you.
Kane: I’m gonna call him Spud!
Alan: Oh dear!

t1.30.jpg

L-to-R: Alan, Maaike holding SpudRick, Ulrike, Kane
t1.family.jpg

Founder: Alan Tangata Young Adult
Outgoing, Creative, Self-Assured +Loyal +Active +Cheerful
General Requirements: Career 4/10 (Critic: Art Critic); +
Bloodline Requirements: ++
Spouse: Maaike Haas (Bookworm, Creative, Snob +Family-Oriented, +Cheerful) Young Adult
Helper: Kane Haas (adoptive child of Maaike) & Ulrike Faust (Young Adult)

Gen 2 Heir: Rick - Infant
Wiggly

Genes Rick.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 1: Steamy Windows (9-Jun)
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2023, 01:57:53 PM »
Hello, Summer!? You're not fooling anyone! Pretending to talk to Maaike about shopping while pretending not to be enamored of Alan's abs! tsk tsk
Alan and Maaike, congrats on your wedding!
How great that Simeon proposed to Ulrike, too!
Great timing with Maaike and Ulrike's pregnancies!

Not that I'm biased but, so far, the Kenna infant is the cutest. ;-)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2023, 03:17:19 PM »
Hello, Summer!? You're not fooling anyone! Pretending to talk to Maaike about shopping while pretending not to be enamored of Alan's abs! tsk tsk
Alan and Maaike, congrats on your wedding!
How great that Simeon proposed to Ulrike, too!
Great timing with Maaike and Ulrike's pregnancies!

I'm not supposed to have favourites, but poor Spud! He's not winning any bonny baby contests, is he!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2023, 03:52:05 PM »
I'm not supposed to have favourites, but poor Spud! He's not winning any bonny baby contests, is he!

However, Spud's parents are both very attractive so who knows what the future will bring for Spud?
P.S. Is being referred to as a potato a term of affection in the UK?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2023, 02:34:21 AM »

However, Spud's parents are both very attractive so who knows what the future will bring for Spud?
P.S. Is being referred to as a potato a term of affection in the UK?
Spud could be an affectionate nickname, a bit like Peanut, but the implication of looking like a potato head makes it a somewhat derogatory one. Like all nicknames, it depends how they're used and the sensitivities of the person. Will little Rick be able to "own" the moniker, resent it or demand it not be used. Oh, the cliffhangers I write for you, lol!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2023, 10:10:06 AM »

Haha, oh Gunther! Glad to see that once again Maike is getting the attention she deserves, but let's not forget about little Kane in the process. Spud looks, well, like a baby. Maybe give him a new hair style. I'm sure he'll grow up fine.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »

Haha, oh Gunther! Glad to see that once again Maike is getting the attention she deserves, but let's not forget about little Kane in the process. Spud looks, well, like a baby. Maybe give him a new hair style. I'm sure he'll grow up fine.
There's only 2 male Infant hairstyles that look half-way decent - the shaggy long one or the the short 'fro. I'm trying to resist the urge to only use them by sticking with the given one. I wish there was more choice but I guess its true that most infants don't have much hair.