Author Topic: Three Strands Accord - a Rivals Dynasty Challenge: Complete (15-Sep)  (Read 31256 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 7: Animal Farm (5-Aug)
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2023, 03:11:17 PM »

Stephanie is so cute in her little cowboy hat exploring all the Cottage Living stuff. And graduating in two days! Hah, I usually keep my teens in school the whole time even when they don't need it. Maybe I should reconsider that.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 7: Animal Farm (5-Aug)
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2023, 03:28:29 PM »

Stephanie is so cute in her little cowboy hat exploring all the Cottage Living stuff. And graduating in two days! Hah, I usually keep my teens in school the whole time even when they don't need it. Maybe I should reconsider that.
It's the whole Bloodline race thing. It's a fun ride but I do have to scoot them through some things that would be more fun taken slowly.

Stephanie aged up with the hat as default for her hot weather outfit so I kept it. You're right, she is cute :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 8: Bad Boys
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2023, 05:33:05 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 8: Bad Boys
Well-Educated

Emmanuel: This is the week! I know it is. I will achieve my Moving Out requirements and set up my own home. Dad’s been coasting now and will help me. There’s a storm and it left a rare metal out here. Dad says I should claim it so I can take it with me.
Arrgh! – Is he trying to kill me? That would be the end of the Well-Educated Bloodline!

k8.1.jpg

Valentine: Come on Manny. You can get up to level 8.
Emmanuel: But my hands, Dad! I’ll ruin my finger tips and then I wont be able to play the violin.
Valentine: Yes you will! Surprisingly, calloused hands from woodworking are not a thing. I guess you need to use lots of handcream.

k8.2.jpg

Valentine: I live a life of ease now and have become quite Cheerful. I’m doing my best to help Manny but I’m really struggling on the Blonde hunt. Chelsey is still the best bet although her Hot-Temper gives me pause. I tried to interest Judith the movie star but she only let me take a selfie. It’s probably for the best. I’ve heard she’s got a complicated back-story involving Prince.

k8.4.jpg

Emmanuel: I throw another Dinner Party – I love my parties! Dad says to invite all the blondes. I don’t know how Miko got in but she’s cool. My friend from School, Wolfgang said he’d help me choose. But I’m not compatible with any of them.

k8.5.jpg

Emmanuel: Wolfgang said we should go on the prowl – he’d be my wingman. Mum and Dad don’t approve of him because he can be a bit Mean. But I think it’s because he’s Gloomy so I’m trying to keep him cheerful.

k8.6.jpg

Emmanuel: We went to a bar where everyone was doing a Cowpoke dance, even Grace Anansi. Wolfgang hated her on sight. Said I couldn’t have magic-tainted, dark-haired, somethings tainting my pure bloodline. He does say odd things like that sometimes. I just laugh at him. We joined in the dancing.

k8.9.jpg

Emmanuel: I really like Wolfgang even though we’re opposites. Maybe it’s because he's so misunderstood. I really want to help him.

k8.7.jpg

Watcher: What’s going on here? Wait! Stop! No No NO!

k8.8.jpgk8.11.jpg

Valentine: What are you thinking, Manny? He’s no good!
Emmanuel: You don’t understand, Dad. I love him.
Valentine: We’ve worked so hard and now you’re ending this Bloodline?
Emmanuel: Watcher can make it so one of us can get pregnant, can’t you, Watcher?
Watcher: I’m not speaking to you.
Emmanuel: Because I love a guy?
Watcher: No! Because it’s Wolfgang! He’s no good.

k8.12.jpg

Emmanuel: Things have been a bit tense in the house. Wolfgang went on a lot of dates with me. We partied hard, mostly away from the house. We did have a house party – Dad cooked for it and became a Foodie in the process. The atmosphere was tense though so Wolfgang and I went and….relaxed in the tent.
Watcher: Relaxed! Hmph!
Emmanuel: I finished 6 violins. 3 of them were excellent so, with the bear, my collection’s quite valuable. Grandad was pleased to see me putting them and my portrait by Tim in the Museum and said he’d be over to celebrate my birthday in my new home. I’m moving away from the family. Wolfgang says a bit of distance will help our relationships with them so he’s found us a place over in Ridgeline Drive. He’s says it’ll be fun.

k8.15.jpg

Emmanuel: The family did come for my birthday party. They say they’ll be happy for me. Tim came with me and it’s his young adult birthday too. Can you believe he was born the same day as Dad? Weird. I’ve become a Vegetarian, Tim’s a Geek and Wolfgang has become Childish. It sounds negative but he’ll be great playing with our kids.
Watcher: Yeah, right!

k8.16.jpg

Emmanuel: I propose right there and then and we get married straight away. I want the family to see that this is serious.

k8.18.jpg

Emmanuel: Wolfgang moved in straight away. I was a bit surprised to see that his mother, Mila, had died. He hadn’t told me but that does explain why he’s so Gloomy. I’m going to change that. I’ve been a bit busy. Watcher is still mad at me and wouldn’t buy me a violin. I’ve got to make another one plus the barstools for my island bar. She did buy me that.
Watcher: Only because you promised that you’d get on with starting a family!

k8.20.jpg

Emmanuel: So what do you say? Watcher says she can make it so you can get pregnant.
Wolfgang: Watcher can kiss my sweet….
Emmanuel: Careful, Wolfie! She can hear!
Watcher: Wolfie?
Wolfgang: Well, listen here, Watcher!  If you think I’m destroying this fine bod with disgusting pregnancy stuff, you’ve got another think coming! Besides – I can’t go pregnant to work in my new career…
Watcher: Criminal career!
Wolfgang: …I’d lose all respect!
Watcher (deep breaths): OK Wolfgang, how about a Science Baby?
Wolfgang (suspiciously): How does that work?
Watcher: You and Manny go off to the hospital. A bit of genetic material from each and you get a beautiful baby.
Wolfgang: And they wouldn’t slip in some tainted blood? It would be pure? No mix up like with my dark-haired brother Gunther?
Watcher: Of course not.
Wolfgang: OK then.

k8.21.jpg

Emmanuel: Aren’t they gorgeous?
Wolfgang: Hm. This one’s a little dark. I prefer the one you’re holding. I’ll call her Evelyn.
Emmanuel: And you’re holding James. It’s amazing. I’ve become really Family-Oriented
Wolfgang: Let’s swap. This one needs changing.

k8.22.jpg

Wolfgang: What are you doing?
Emmanuel: While I’m waiting to hear back from the University, I’ve started a Repeal process for the Free Love NAP. It’s creeping the family out. I had to ask Mum and Gran leave the family club for now.
Wolfgang: But it’s fun! We can flirt with anyone.
Emmanuel: Don’t think I haven’t noticed that you have.
Wolfgang: But you don’t mind, right? See! It’s fun!
Emmanuel: So you won’t sign? Everyone else has.
Wolfgang: Absolutely not!

k8.25.jpg

Wolfgang: Yes! Pale blonde hair and grey eyes. This one’s my favourite!
Emmanuel: But…it’s much better if we don’t have favourites. So much healthier for all our family dynamics.
Wolfgang: I can’t help how I feel. I’ll look after Evelyn and you can look after that one.
Emmanuel: You mean James?
Wolfgang: Whatever.

k8.26.jpg

Emmanuel: Isn’t he cute, Grandad?
Will: Absolutely. Your Grandmother’s bright blue eyes and golden hair colour. He’s perfect. Thanks for introducing me to James.
Emmanuel: Wolfie is introducing Evelyn to Dad. Her colouring is more like yours. And then we’ll swap so you’ll meet them both.
Will: Congratulations on your University place.
Emmanuel: Thanks. I’ll enroll just before our next week.
Will: If Watcher remembers…
Watcher: Ouch!

k8.27.jpg

Wolfgang: Come on, Evelyn. Hold your head up! You’re so much stronger than your brother. You’ve got my genes! And I’ve got the perfect mate in mind for you to create our perfect Bloodline.
Evelyn: Wah!!!
Wolfgang: I don’t want tears! I want results! That’s my girl. You know what! I’m so pleased that I’m never going to be Gloomy again. I’m officially Cheerful now!
Watcher: I suppose that’s something!

k8.29.jpg

L-to-R: Emmanuel holding Evelyn, Tim, Wolfgang holding James
k8.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watcher Notes

Wolfgang likes streetwise and boho fashion in greys so his wardrobe has been adjusted accordingly. Emmanuel also had a makeover, taking on Wolfie’s fashion choice but still keeping some red and blue. He does wear eyeliner occasionally. Tim got a new hairstyle, a few different clothes and joined the Scientist career.

James is named for James Bond and Evelyn is named for Evelyn Salt so you can probably guess their planned career! James has 6/12 of the required Infant Milestones (3 in each category for the Well-Educated Bloodline) and Evelyn has 7/12. I am allowing it to be a race for the Gen 4 heir and I’ll be curious to see if they’ll lose their gained milestones during my absence, as my gen 2 Infants did.

Genes James Evelyn.jpg

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 8: Bad Boys (8-Aug)
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2023, 10:37:11 AM »

Ah! Don't you just love it when the sims interact autonomously and take the story in surprising directions? I know I do! :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 8: Bad Boys (8-Aug)
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2023, 02:27:06 AM »

Ah! Don't you just love it when the sims interact autonomously and take the story in surprising directions? I know I do! :D
Emmanuel developed the biggest crush on Wolfgang! Their dates ticked off Emmanuel's Party Anmal aspiration which was a plus.
The family club has a ban on Mean interactions but Wolfgang ignores that all the time.
 I'm trying to keep the Bloodlines blonde for Well-Educated, red or coloured for Retail and dark for Spellcaster. It helps me remember who's who - no other reason. But Wolfgang is not nice about it!

The race aspect of this challenge makes the spouse hunt quite critical. Natalie's candidate is waiting in the wings to make his debut in the next chapter. I hope she likes him.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 8: Laughter In The Rain
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2023, 04:59:43 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 8: Laughter In The Rain
Spellcaster

Watcher: Well done, Natalie, you’re getting on well with your magic skills.
Natalie: But I don’t really need them to move out.
Watcher: You don’t need much but you do need some. You’re collecting potions remember.
Natalie: They’re not worth much.
Watcher: But Spellcasters can only collect familiars which your Dad did, potions, wands or broomsticks.
Natalie: OK

c8.1.jpg

Stephanie: You like pink, I like pink. We ought to get along.
Natalie: I don’t think so, farm girl. You’re definitely my enemy.
Stephanie: You witches are all the same!
Natalie: You don’t deserve to live in such a nice area!

c8.4.jpg

Mosi: I did it! I did it!
Watcher: You certainly did. Well done.
Mosi: Time to focus on Natalie now. Not long to go. Hey! Our Free Love Nap has been repealed!
Watcher: Ah yes – did you notice you’d got new neighbours up the street.
Mosi: Yeah! Those Kennas! No way was I going for a Welcome Wagon!
Watcher: Emmanuel Kenna moved in with his husband Wolfgang but they didn’t like Free Love. Or at least Emmanuel didn’t.
Mosi: This might cause a few problems…

c8.5.jpg

Shaina: Thanks for teaching me to ride a bike, Aunty Gemma.
Gemma: Am I your Aunty? …yes I think I am.
Shaina: I’m going to be the best at everything, just like you. You’re so cool.
Gemma: Cheerfully Single and Lovin It – that’s me.
Shaina: Is it true you’re not coming with us to our new home?
Gemma: Spot on, kid. If I come with you, I’ll have to age up. I’d rather stay young! I’ll visit every day though!
Shaina: OK

c8.6.jpg

Mosi: Are you sure, Grace?
Grace: Now we’re not in Free Love, I’ve asked Gemma just to be friends and Watcher thinks that, if I marry you, I might become loyal.
Mosi: Well? Did it work?
Grace: No, but I’ll work on being good. I do love you Mosi.
Mosi: I love you too.

c8.7.jpg

Cyrus: Why are you out here in the pouring rain.
Natalie: My Watcher sent me out here.
Cyrus: You’d better come inside.

c8.8.jpg

Natalie: Nice place you’ve got here.
Cyrus: It’s very stereotypical for a Spellcaster like me but Glimmerbrook doesn’t have good weather. I like being outside so I get wet a lot!
Natalie: I like being outside too. I like growing things, especially flowers. I’m growing a cowplant which isn’t edible so I guess it’s a flower…
Cyrus: Oh – I’d grow vegetables so I could cook with fresh ingredients. I’m a real Foodie like that.

c8.9.jpg

Natalie: You’re….nice. I’m moving to a new house soon. You could come and help me choose which plants to grow.
Cyrus: I’d enjoy that. I haven’t really been out and about much.
Natalie: No. I did wonder why I’ve not met you at HQ before now…

c8.10.jpg

Natalie: Nat’s Moo! You’ve matured. Here’s some food so no eating anyone.

c8.11.jpg

Natalie: Just put them on the ground? It seems a little casual…
Watcher: I’ll sort out a shelf. They’ll look fine.
Natalie: My portrait looks like I’m practising a martial art!
Watcher: But you’re really practising magic. It was the best one. It’s only Tuesday but, are you ready?
Natalie: As ready as I’ll ever be!

c8.13.jpg

Shaina: You said it was lovely over here on Bridgeview! It’s just as rainy.
Natalie: The weather’s the same as Ridgeline Drive but there’s a fishing pond over there. That’s going to be fun for someone who loves outdoors…
Aadan: But none of us do, sweet niece!
Shaina: Ha ha! You called her Sweet Knees! What am I?
Aadan: You? You’re Knock Knees! Ha ha!

c8.14.jpg

Natalie: Thanks for coming over in the rain, Cyrus.
Cyrus: Oh I don’t mind a bit of rain although we’re getting a lot of thunderstorms.
Aadan: Happy Birthday!
Natalie: pfft

c8.15.jpg

Cyrus: A rose for me? How perfect!
Natalie: I hope you don’t mind but I’m become quite the Romantic. It’s not surprising. Both my parents are.
Cyrus: I’d like to meet them.
Natalie: You can join the club if you like.
Cyrus: I’d like to do more than that, sweet Natalie. Can I move in?
Natalie: I thought you’d never ask!

c8.17.jpg

Cyrus: Where shall we put my bed?
Natalie: Oh we don’t bother with beds.
Cyrus: But if you’re to be my wife, where will we…?
Natalie: Let me show you the bathroom…

c8.19.jpg

Natalie: I’ve got some big news!
Cyrus: That’s wonderful
Gemma: And it’s still only Tuesday! Nearly midnight but still Tuesday. Spellcasters for the win!

c8.20.jpg

Natalie: What are you doing here?
BH: I was wandering around when Watcher built your new house. Somehow I’ve got stuck here.
Natalie: But we don’t want to keep chickens!
BH: Stop looking at me and then at that pot!

c8.21.jpg

Shaina: I’m so glad Watcher is letting us keep you!
BH: Me too!

c8.23.jpg

Cyrus: Thanks for welcoming us to the neighbourhood. Natalie didn’t think you would with things as they are between her and Stephanie.
Maaike: Oh, my granddaughter wouldn’t come but, here, have some heirloom cake. I hope you like it.
Kane: I see BH has made herself at home here.
Cyrus: Oh, I hope you don’t mind. We couldn’t do anything with her so she was wandering around starving until we bought a coop. My little sister-in-law Shaina has grown quite attached.
Maaike: Stephanie was always more fond of the rooster. Anyway, I don’t think she’ll be taking them with her so, BH is better off here.

c8.22.jpg

Mosi: Happy Birthday, brother!
Aadan: Thanks. You know, with the Bracing Breezes here, everyone can’t stop exercising, even for cake!
Mosi: What are you going to do now?
Aadan: Well, you know I’ve always been a Recycle Disciple? I’m going to be a Civil Engineer! I can work from home mostly, just like Natalie’s working from home as a Gardener.

c8.28.jpg

Doll: I’m so glad you’ve joined our Civil Engineering firm. You’re such a good-looking young man.
Aadan: Ah – you’re Romantic, just like me.
Doll: It’s like we’re made for each other!
Watcher: But aren’t you already….
Doll: Butt out, Watcher! He doesn’t need to know about that.

c8.30.jpgc8.32.jpg

Friday Night: Natalie gave birth to Cassandra and then Emrys.
Saturday: passed in a blur of nappies and feeding babies
Saturday Night:
Natalie: What do you think, Granny?
Kiama: Oh, little Emrys does favour his father with those piercing Spellcaster eyes.

c8.39.jpg

Kiama: But you’re the heir, first-born Cassandra. Much is expected of you, but for now? Let’s just enjoy how special you are!

c8.40.jpg

L-to-R: Natalie holding Emrys, Aadan, Cyrus holding Cassandra, Shaina
c8.family.jpg

Progress

Watchers Note

The Bridgeview Neighborhood does not have a Free Love Nap so I have no idea how Doll Robles could propose to Aadan despite definitely being married already. It may be their joint Romantic natures…? I hope Aadan doesn’t get his heart broken.

The Spellcaster eyes are a little disconcerting so I’m quite relieved that Cassandra doesn’t have them. It looks like she’s inherited Cyrus’ eye shape but that can change in aging. Emrys has quite alien skin tones. He’s going to be an interesting Sim, I think.

Genes Cassandra Emrys.jpg

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 8: Promotion Commotion
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2023, 05:32:41 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Tangata Week 8: Promotion Commotion
Retail

Alan (tending bar): No, I don’t mind at all that Rick has the Avant Garde club cleaning and tending bar while The Chowder Keg is open. After all, it’s not like I still have a high class art gallery to run any more. And I’m so happy that I get to wear a bag all day. Anything for our Retail Bloodline!
Watcher: Actually, Alan, I really appreciate it. Yuki doesn’t like being here with all these strangers and you’re doing well at the bar. Rick’s just made his first day at the 5 star mark!

T8.1.jpg

Watcher: Hey, Rick! You were on course to get a promotion to level 9 today – Monday! What happened?
Rick: I don’t know, Watcher. Could it be because I was here at The Chowder Keg? It was open when I got my work call…
Watcher: Drat and Double Drat! You’ve only got 3 more days of work!
Rick: I’ve done my 2 hours of mural painting. Stephanie’s being working on her Vet skills in the barn but I’d better go and schmooze with the customers.
Watcher: You’ve got to keep that 5-star rating remember! We’ll not open tomorrow until after your shift starts.
Rick: Right!

t8.3.jpg

Stephanie: How’s my best boy?
WR: Missing BH, if I’m honest!
Stephanie: I know! Can you believe Granny said that witch next door could keep her? You stay on this side of the boundary, you hear.
WR: Where were you all day?
Stephanie: Working on my Vet skills at The Chowder Keg. Dad opened up after he got his level 9 promotion and got it through another day with 5 stars. He didn’t get many customers each day but he made them happy. Actually, he says it runs like clockwork without him so he’s sold it to the employees. He wants to concentrate on getting his last promotion so I can move out.
WR: Move out? What about me?

t8.6.jpg

Stephanie: Just look at my watermelon! Isn’t it the biggest you’ve ever seen. My pumpkin stayed white even though I lavished care and attention on it. I’m working on my Cooking skills so I can make and enter a pumpkin pie at the fair on Saturday. If I don’t get first for my pie or my watermelon…! What was that noise…?

t8.8.jpg

Stephanie: DBR? Are you OK?
DBR: I think I need a long lie down. Or maybe another holiday.
Stephanie: What were you doing?
DBR: Let’s just say that if you’re ordering yellow cake, you need to be quite clear what you want!
Stephanie: Oh dear.

t8.8a.jpg

Alan: So we can only get ice-cream and drinks here?
Waitress: It is a beach ice-cream parlor sir.
Maaike: Suits me!
Rick: I just don’t see how I can review it and I need to do 2.
Watcher: It says maybe click on a bar – but there’s no bar here.
Rick: Let’s go back to The Chowder Keg and I can review there.
Alan: I hope they’re doing OK without us!

t8.9.jpg

Stephanie: Thanks for coming over, Rohan.
Rohan: You’re family’s a bit overwhelming, if I’m honest.
Stephanie: Once you’ve met everyone, you’ll be fine. Mum’s a Loner too! That must be why I find you so irresistible!
Rick: Wow – Bold Pick-Up, daughter!
Rohan: Straight to the heart!

t8.11.jpg

Kane: Smile!
Stephanie: No! Don’t paint this disaster as my picture!
Kane: It’s not as good as the one I did last week anyway. How are the Vet treats coming along?
Stephanie: Some of them are really valuable now! The trouble is, creating them doesn’t get my skill up. I’ll do more when I’ve maxed that.

t8.12.jpg

Stephanie: I’m feeling really confident now so it’s time for another Bold move. Will you be my boyfriend, Rohan?
Rohan: I thought you’d never ask!
Stephanie: I was kind of hoping you’d ask me but it’s Friday night and tomorrow’s a busy day.
Rohan: Did you’re Dad get that last promotion?
Stephanie: No! And no more shifts before the end of this week so I won’t be moving out this week. But I was wondering…

t8.13.jpg

Maaike: Congratulations on your new boyfriend, Stephanie!
Stephanie: Thanks Granny.
Alan: Hey – he’s blowing out candles!
Rohan: pfft!
Stephanie: A Green Fiend now? Perfect!

t8.14.jpg

Rick: Well, young man. Would you like to move in with us?
Rohan: I would like that very much but also, do I have your blessing to marry your daughter?
Rick: She’s still only a teen but, when the time is right, you absolutely have my blessing.

t8.16.jpg

Stephanie: Hey, DBR! You’re back from another holiday?
DBR: With another postcard!
Stephanie: That makes 5 now.
DBR: Sorry you can’t use them for your collection.
Stephanie: Oh – I couldn’t have got me some penpals if that was the aim. I’m just glad you’re having fun.

t8.19.jpg

Stephanie: What do you think, Grandad? My portrait and Vet treats make a good addition to the Bloodline Museum?
Alan: Of course, dear child. Watcher will put them on a shelf when she gets around to it.
Watcher: I’ve just got to nip over to the Kennas to sign Emmanuel up for his Uni courses.
Alan: OK. Now, where’s this young man of yours, Stephanie?
Stephanie: Rohan’s gone out for a jog. We’ve decided to get fit together. Actually, him more than me. He’s become quite Active.

t8.20.jpg

Saturday – at Finchwick Fair
Stephanie: My pumpkin pie is much nicer than the 2 raspberry ones. It’s easy to grow raspberries! And my watermelon is twice the size of the nearest entry! I’m just checking when I can run some errands for the mayor. I know he took a bribe last time but I daren’t risk it this week.

t8.22.jpgt8.23.jpg

Stephanie: Yes! I knew my watermelon was a winner! I’m pretty sure my pumpkin pie was as well but one first place ribbon is all I need!

t8.24.jpg

Rick: Yay!
Maaike: Well done, Stephanie. You’ve completed all your aging-up requirements. Happy Birthday!
Stephanie: Pfft!
Ulrike: Oh – a Vegetarian now? Just like Natalie next door!
Stephanie: I’m nothing like Natalie next door! We’re enemies.
Ulrike: Well, you’re stuck living next to each other until your Dad tops his career. And no marrying your young man or making babies until you move out.
Stephanie: No, but I can start my career. Level 3 in the Military! I need a sparring partner.
Ulrike: Don’t look at me!

t8.25.jpg

Rick: OK, Wishing Well! I’m holding Stephanie back. You look happy…can you get me that last promotion?
Wishing Well: Not straight away.
Rick: But…
Wishing: You’ll get it first thing Monday morning, for sure!
Watcher: That’ll have to do. It’s time!

t8.24a.jpg

L-to-R: Rick, Kane, Yuki, Rohan, Stephanie
Beech Byway, Bridgeview
t8.family.jpg

Progress

Watcher Notes

Full disclosure – I aged Rohan up once and he added Bro to his existing traits of Loner and Perfectionist. My game crashed – something it’s taken to doing if I don’t reboot my laptop between Sims sessions – and the last save was just before that. The second time, Rohan became a Green Fiend which is much more in line with Stephanie’s life plan so I didn’t change it. I had assumed that the townies had predestined traits on aging-up but maybe that’s not the case if another household ages them up?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 9 – Crying Wolf
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2023, 03:21:55 PM »
Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 9 – Crying Wolf
Well-Educated

Emmanuel: Oh Wolfie! Can you believe our little Evelyn is ready to age up?
Wolfgang: Of course! I knew Evelyn had the superior genes. And don’t call me “Wolfie”.
Emmanuel: James has got the same genes and he’s only 1 behind.
Wolfgang: So let’s age Evelyn up quickly before it gets confusing. I’m so glad they kept all their Infant Milestones while Watcher was away.
Emmanuel: Yes, Wolf….gang. They must have fixed that bug.

k9.2.jpg

Wolfgang: Come on Evelyn. I want you to try harder.
Evelyn: uh ah wah?

k9.3.jpg

Evelyn: Mm mm
Wolfgang: These dolls are for playing with, Evelyn, not eating. See! Playing is much more fun. Actually it’s more fun when you’re not interfering with them…

k9.4.jpg

Wolfgang (reading): So the poor night-shift worker had to spend all day looking after their kids while the lazy student sat in on Guest Lectures.
Student: Are you looking after this child too?
Wolfgang: Oh, he’ll fall asleep by himself eventually. It’s very convenient having such a calm child.

k9.6.jpg

Watcher: You don’t have to do your homework in the nursery, Manny.
Emmanuel: Oh I like to keep an eye on James. Now he can roll, he’s so restless in his sleep and I worry he’ll hit himself. I’d put cot bumpers in like you recommended but it’s not considered safe these days.

k9.8.jpg

Watcher: Aren’t you cute in the onesie that Wolfie knitted for you!
Wolfgang: Stop calling me “Wolfie”. I can’t believe you made me do all that knitting. I’ve become a Maker now!
Watcher: It takes up your time so you aren’t so mean to everyone.
Wolfgang: Ha!
Watcher: Wanna go for a jog, Wolfie?
Wolfgang: Argh!

k9.10.jpg

Emmanuel: Well done, James. Just wait until your Daddy Wolfie sees how strong you are. Evelyn never got the chance to sit up.

k9.11.jpg

Wolfgang: OK James. Emmanuel says it’s your birthday so you’d better blow the candles out.
James: Pfft
Emmanuel: Oh – our little Charmer! Look Mum.
Sofia: He’s adorable.
Wolfgang: Hello Mama Kenna, you’re looking fine!

k9.13.jpg

Valentine: Listen, son, you need to stop flirting with my wife!
Wolfgang: I’m not your son and you’re just upset because I’ve stopped flirting with you!
Valentine: That wretched Free Love NAP has left it’s mark!
Wolfgang: This is my house and I’ll do what I like in it, Free Love NAP or not.

k9.15.jpg

Wolfgang: Woah ho! Fresh meat. How you doin’?
Stephanie: Aren’t you married to that loser Emmanuel.
Wolfgang: I guess he is a bit wet but you’re mighty fine!
Stephanie: I’ll have you know I’m engaged.
Wolfgang: Always room for a bit of fun on the side.
Stephanie: As if!

k9.17.jpg

James: Wuv you!
Brytani: Well aren’t you the little Charmer!

k9.18.jpg

Wolfgang: Hey wait for me! She’s mine, remember!
Valentine: Lighten up, Wolfgang, she’s the Bloodline heir. We’re all involved.
Evelyn: Pfft!

k9.20.jpg

Emmanuel: And the little princess grew up with a brother, 2 Dads, a Grandfather, a Great Grandfather and an Uncle Tim who isn’t really an uncle.
Evelyn: Thanks Dad!

k9.21.jpg

Evelyn: I’m making a Friendship bracelet which gets me a scout badge. I’m just brilliant at everything – at least Daddy Wolfie says I will be…

k9.22.jpg

L-to-R: Tim, Wolfgang holding James, Emmanuel, Evelyn
K9.family.jpg

Progress

Watcher Notes

Wolfie, being Childish has many near misses with death by Hysteria. I have to confess that I don’t rush to his aid. He’s survived them all so far so I think the danger has been reduced.

Evelyn had a cool face and attitude, dressed in Wolfie’s hand-knitted jumper

Genes James Evelyn.jpg

PS - Thanks, Forum Folk, for all the reads. It's difficult to believe that this little tale has just clicked over the 5k views!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 9 – Crying Wolf
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2023, 09:20:00 PM »
So much has happened while I was out of commission.
Let's see, where to start.  I have several comments and as many questions.

Gen3 spouse:
*First of all, congrats, Watcher! Both the Calixte twins inherited the pointy heirs!
I'm glad that the girl was firstborn because I find the boy's large eyes with the vampire/spellcaster eyes a bit creepy.
I hope that the Calixtes can continue the tradition of pointy ears!
I've never been keen on Wolfgang because of his mean trait but the heart wants what the heart wants.  Evelyn is adorable!
*I'm a big fan of Rohan Elderberry and I'm curious why you move in the spouse (prospects) before the next heir moves out.
If Stephanie had waited to move him in after she moved out, Rohan would have joined her with his household funds plus whatever his Britechester home was worth.
One way of pre-training a teen spouse prospect is for the next heir to start a school project (Handiness, Logic, Programming, Rocket Science, or Painting) then asking the spouse prospect to assist.
````````
Museum collections: I was curious about the choice of handcrafted violins.
The camping mascot sculptures with the Marketable trait are worth up to 4,500 simoleons. What is the max price of the violins?
*Potions: It probably doesn't make a huge difference for FYI, Stephanie can cast Repario on a Normal potion to upgrade it to Excellent quality

I know it's just me and my goldfish memory, but I struggle to keep all of the acronyms straight and soon forget what they all mean.

It must be incredibly difficult to keep up with the timing of the Kennas' enrollment during another bloodline's week.
Kudos to you for holding it all together!
I'm looking forward to how all the Gen4 fare in the following weeks!

P.S. sorry for the looong coment. It's, like almost 3 weeks worth of responses, lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Three Strands Accord: Kenna Week 9 – Crying Wolf
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2023, 02:05:15 AM »
So much has happened while I was out of commission.
Let's see, where to start.  I have several comments and as many questions.

Gen3 spouse:
*First of all, congrats, Watcher! Both the Calixte twins inherited the pointy heirs!
I'm glad that the girl was firstborn because I find the boy's large eyes with the vampire/spellcaster eyes a bit creepy.
I hope that the Calixtes can continue the tradition of pointy ears!
I've never been keen on Wolfgang because of his mean trait but the heart wants what the heart wants.  Evelyn is adorable!
*I'm a big fan of Rohan Elderberry and I'm curious why you move in the spouse (prospects) before the next heir moves out.
If Stephanie had waited to move him in after she moved out, Rohan would have joined her with his household funds plus whatever his Britechester home was worth.
One way of pre-training a teen spouse prospect is for the next heir to start a school project (Handiness, Logic, Programming, Rocket Science, or Painting) then asking the spouse prospect to assist.
Rohan was still living with his Elderberry grandparents so he didn't get the house & contents, sadly and I didn't want to add Mean Ekram.
I wanted as much as possible in place before the fair to get that red ribbon. If Stephanie hadn't got it, she would have to wait till the next one. Once she got it, Rick wished for a promotion. I was hoping for the rare instantaneous promotions and then Stephanie &  Rohan could have done a moonlight flit to their new pad and not seemed so far behind. It's very strange competing against myself!
````````
Museum collections: I was curious about the choice of handcrafted violins.
The camping mascot sculptures with the Marketable trait are worth up to 4,500 simoleons. What is the max price of the violins?
*Potions: It probably doesn't make a huge difference for FYI, Stephanie can cast Repario on a Normal potion to upgrade it to Excellent quality
I'm trying to match the collection to the career in some nominal way otherwise the Spellcaster Bloodline is at a huge disadvantage.
Emmanuel is going to be a Musician... His best violins were worth £800 so it's not bad. I'll note that Repario spell - very useful.

BH - brown hen
WR - white rooster
DBR - duck-billed ram
A silly system but names are not my forte!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 9: In A Flash
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2023, 05:24:28 AM »
Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 9: In A Flash
Spellcaster

Watcher: Why don’t you put Cassandra down for a proper sleep?
Natalie: Oh Cassie’s a Snuggly Sleeper. She’ll sleep much longer if I hold her. Besides, I’m catching up on social media.
Watcher: But you could be, I don’t know, working on your magic skills or flower arranging…
Natalie: I’m enjoying snuggles too. Go away.

c9.1.jpg

Mosi: 2 Milestones in every area, Cassie! Well done!
Kiama: Happy birthday!
Cassandra: Pfft
Natalie: O-oh – little Miss Independence now, are we? No more snuggles.
Cassandra: Mama – down!

c9.2.jpg

Natalie: Well, with Cassie running around by herself, I’ve got more time to work on my flower arrangements.
Watcher: Plus you need to get those plants fertilized. If you have better flowers, you’ll make better arrangements.
Natalie: I’m so glad I can scent them with the bluebells. They last forever now and sell like hot cakes on Plopsy!

c9.3.jpg

Faye: Happy All Souls Day. Thanks for the invite.
Mosi: It’s an All Souls Day tradition, along with dressing up and telling stories.
Ekram: And is this birthday cake lit for a reason?
Gemma: No. Cassie’s already blown out her candles but the caterer re-lit them.
Faye: Which one’s Cassie?
Natalie: She’s the hot dog. Ekram, she Loves Outdoors now, like her Dad. We’d be really grateful if you would mentor her in fishing. I know how good you are.
Ekram: Ah! I knew this invite had a catch.
Aadan: Ha ha – that’s a good joke.
Ekram: What joke?

c9.3a.jpg

Natalie: Dad?
Mosi: Hm?
Natalie: I’ve got some big news…
Mosi: What? More children? That’s wonderful!
Watcher: No it’s not.
Natalie: You let Cyrus and me become Family-Oriented and you gave in to our wants to try for a baby.
Watcher: Oh yes – this is all on me!
Mosi: When are you due?
Natalie: Just past midnight on Saturday.

c9.4.jpg

Meanwhile Aadan, still dressed in his All Souls Day costume, gets to grips with the Fabricator his work sent him home with.

c9.5.jpg

Or should that be that the Fabricator got to grips with him?

c9.6.jpgc9.7.jpgc9.8.jpg

Cyrus: Hey, little man, let’s see if you can stand.
Emrys: Dada
Cyrus: I love hearing you talk, Emrys. And saying Dada? Just the best.

c9.10.jpg

Emrys: Dada?
Mosi: No, sweetheart, I’m Grandad. Blow out your candles.
Emrys: Pfft
Mosi: Happy birthday! Just one day after your twin became a child.

c9.11.jpg

Cassandra: That looks more fun than my homework, bro!
Emrys: Tiger Tea!
Cassandra: Yeah, I think I read that one. I’m going fishing soon.
Emrys: Fshg?
Cassandra: An’ they’re gonna be whoppers!

c9.12.jpg

Grim: Well, are you sure you’re BH?
BH: Cluck
Grim: It’s just that there’s some confusion over which of these coops you’re in.
BH (shrugs): Cluck
Grim: No, I guess it doesn’t matter. Come on, it’s time

c9.13.jpg

Natalie: Happy birthday Sis!
Cyrus: O-oh! Teendom here we come.
Shaina: Pfft

c9.14.jpg

Natalie: Wow, Shay, you look great!
Shaina: Right back at you, sis. Now, where are all the other teens hiding? I feel like having some fun!

c9.15.jpg

L-to-R: Cassandra, Aadan, Cyrus holding Emrys, Natalie, Shaina
c9.family.jpg

Progress

Watchers Note

I see so many young parents in the same pose as Natalie holding Cassie and checking their phone that it made me laugh. Natalie could have put Cassie in a backpack to sleep but I never seem to think of that at the time.

Cassie’s Toddlerhood went by in a flash, only needing to be Happy Toddler. She was really cute but I have no  photos! In fact I didn’t take many photos this “week”. Sorry about that. She has aged into a lovely child. Still too early to determine facial features but her colouring definitely comes from Natalie.

Genes Cassandra.jpg

Shay has aged up into a Romantic and somewhat stylish teen. This could be fun!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Three Strands Accord: Calixte Week 9: In A Flash (17-Aug)
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2023, 10:06:44 AM »
The next heir seems to have her mother's coloring with her father's ears, eyes, and mouth. Quite an attractive combination!
The Watcher has become an official member of each household's narrative! The next step, I imagine, will be to create a simself. :D
Who is Shay?
My favorite sim in your RDC remains Will Kenna. <3

I know it's just me but I'm having trouble keeping all the characters straight.
It might help to start each episode with a one- or two-line recap, like:

Last week, Stephanie completed all her move-out requirements and moved out with her boyfriend Cyrus and sister X to [lot name].
She immediately jointed the x career and by the end of the week, she and Cyrus were the proud parents of two pointy-eared twins.

Sorry--I don't mean to tell you how to write your story, just thinking of ways to simplify things for your readers.
<3  I often go back to reread the previous update of that household unless, of course, I'm binge-reading. ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2023, 11:23:27 AM »
The next heir seems to have her mother's coloring with her father's ears, eyes, and mouth. Quite an attractive combination!
The Watcher has become an official member of each household's narrative! The next step, I imagine, will be to create a simself. :D
Who is Shay?
My favorite sim in your RDC remains Will Kenna. <3

I know it's just me but I'm having trouble keeping all the characters straight.
It might help to start each episode with a one- or two-line recap, like:

Last week, Stephanie completed all her move-out requirements and moved out with her boyfriend Cyrus and sister X to [lot name].
She immediately jointed the x career and by the end of the week, she and Cyrus were the proud parents of two pointy-eared twins.

Sorry--I don't mean to tell you how to write your story, just thinking of ways to simplify things for your readers.
<3  I often go back to reread the previous update of that household unless, of course, I'm binge-reading. ;)
I'd love to get the Kenna bloodline back to white-blonde hair and violet eyes and I enjoy dressing them in preppy outfits.

Shay is short for Shaina, Natalie's twin sister, who has only just aged up. I like having family contractions of names but I realise it gets even more confusing.

You're right about adding a summary. I'll start doing that, if only to help myself :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2023, 12:46:29 PM »
Oooh, I too would love to see the Kennas go back to their white-haired roots, the violet eyes would be difficult but worth it!
You had resounding success with Cyrus and the pointy ears, so who knows?
I wouldn't mind a white-haired heir for my Gen5 Mishmash heir myself. ;)

It's funny you should say that about using the summaries as a reminder.
I was doing the summaries as much for myself as for the readers.  "Which household is this and what do they need to do next?"

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2023, 01:49:13 PM »
Oooh, I too would love to see the Kennas go back to their white-haired roots, the violet eyes would be difficult but worth it!
You had resounding success with Cyrus and the pointy ears, so who knows?
I wouldn't mind a white-haired heir for my Gen5 Mishmash heir myself. ;)

It's funny you should say that about using the summaries as a reminder.
I was doing the summaries as much for myself as for the readers.  "Which household is this and what do they need to do next?"
I think Will Kenna is already in the gallery - he might need clean cloning - but you're welcome to download and tweak him to your needs. (Does that sound salacious or is it just me?)

anything