Author Topic: Sims can't enter certain venues  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Sims can't enter certain venues
« on: May 11, 2023, 07:09:49 PM »
HI everyone!

If the question I'm about to ask has already been asked and solved, I apologize, but I am at my wits end!  I am playing in starlight shores (of course) ! and I just got my sim married to Rich Richmond. had a honeymoon in France and everything was fine there, they came back home and lo and behold, Rich is unemployed! Dakota (my sim) is a painter and she too is unemployed! i also sent them to the flying v's to eat and they couldn't go in (by the way, no other townie could as well)  this did not happen as long as i was with origin. and also, no mods want to work either. i get ALL mods from mod the sims and put some in a little at a time, some work, some don't. Help Please! I'm tired of uninstalling and reinstalling everything!

thanks guys!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims can't enter certain venues
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 08:07:09 PM »
Here are a few things you can try:

1. Save Flyin' V's to the library via Edit Town.
2. Buldoze the current lot and then replace it with the lot from the library.
3. Test to see if that helps.

If the above doesn't help:

Try using Nraas MasterController (https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController) to Reset Everything and/or Reset Lot.

Reset Everything - Click on Mapview > City Hall > Nraas > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything

Reset Lot - Click on ground of lot > Nraas > Reset Lot

To help get mods to working again, look over the post linked below on fixing issues with mods and CC.

Sims 3 - How-To: Fix Problems with Mods/CC
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31759.msg506010#msg506010
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 08:09:56 PM »
Thanks, Mrs. Flynn,

You know, I have used mastercontroller one time before, well I tried I should say, but I felt it a bit complicated for my pea brain, for some reason, LOL! but I'll give it a go again. like I said, I am fixing this game, or tying to fix this game more than I am playing it.

thanks again!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 09:41:46 PM »
You're welcome!! :)

When I first started using MasterController it was complicated for me too. If it makes it a little easier, test with a copy of your saved game?

There are two ways to make copies of your saved game.:

1. At the Sims 3 Main Menu click the double paper icon, to copy town. It will add a 2 onto the filename. However you can type something else if you want. I put a minus sign between the name and the 2 (T2a-2). Click the checkmark on your copied save to do a test. You can delete it afterwards.

Click images for larger view

2. Go into your Saves folder (\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves) and right-click your save file and select copy and paste it into the same folder. Windows will give it a name something like mysavedgame.sims3 - Copy

Then if it works, try MasterController in your main saved game. That's what I do when I'm doing something new in my game.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 10:21:21 PM »
Mrs. Flynn I am just seeing your reply, a bit too late (sorry) because i deleted my game. I also did save as, from the point to where Rich and Dakota fell for each other, to the time they honeymooned in France and also when they headed back home after the three days on honeymoon. I got so frustrated. I am reading about mastercontroller on the Nraas site but i feel I need to take a break from playing at all. I am wondering if playing sims 2 is gonna have problems as well? especially since I'm reading on this site that there is problems with sims 4 too!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 10:34:57 PM »
Trying to read the FAQs and Documentation is a bit overwhelming.

I understand taking a break from Sims 3.  I don't know if Sims 2 will have problems. It's been so long since I've played it that I'm not real familar with it anymore.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
I'm not too familiar with sims 2 either, which is why I feel this is the perfect time for me to get familiar with it, lol. gonna leave sims 3 just for a week and see if I can go without my sims 3 fix, lol.

thanks again Mrs. Flynn!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 08:00:22 PM »
You're welcome. Hope you have a better time with Sims 2.

anything