Author Topic: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) Complete (22-May-2023)  (Read 21737 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
No, no, no!!! Will is obviously versatile but he should NOT become the Caretaker!!!! *stomps feet in frustration
Just imagine him wed to a lovely sim and raising equally lovely children!!!

Some thoughts on the RDC:
*The rules state to create three founders in CAS as either a human, vampire, or alien.
  Does this imply you can start one founder as a human then go to the Magical Realm to become a spellcaster?
*Alien Bloodline: I skipped this at a time when hardly any bloodline options were available, but it seemed to not offer a high-value collection.
*There is currently no early age-up requirement for infants.
I didn't do an in-depth reread of the rules. These are just some things that occurred to me off the top of my head. :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
No, no, no!!! Will is obviously versatile but he should NOT become the Caretaker!!!! *stomps feet in frustration
Just imagine him wed to a lovely sim and raising equally lovely children!!!
It's the ice-blonde hair and the violet eyes, isn't it?
My hesitation for the Well-Educated bloodline is down to founders & all heirs needing a degree - at least 3 weeks but now they can start as teens when/if they graduate early plus it usually gets them to level 8 of a degree. There's also the clunky enrolling at 4pm on the Saturday before "their" week.
Some thoughts on the RDC:
*The rules state to create three founders in CAS as either a human, vampire, or alien.
  Does this imply you can start one founder as a human then go to the Magical Realm to become a spellcaster?
*Alien Bloodline: I skipped this at a time when hardly any bloodline options were available, but it seemed to not offer a high-value collection.
*There is currently no early age-up requirement for infants.
I didn't do an in-depth reread of the rules. These are just some things that occurred to me off the top of my head. :D
Thanks for pointing out that they can't start as a Spellcaster. I hadn't spotted that. I had Toff do that in my Nine Lives so I know what to do - shouldn't be a problem but will add time.
I've read all the 51 pages on the thread and I think I'm getting the hang of it. There are a few out-of-date issues with the challenge as given. I don't think HSYs has been integrated - no teen aspiration/side-hustle required - and, as you say, no Infants integration. It'll take me a little while to pin things down but that's half the fun, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
It's the ice-blonde hair and the violet eyes, isn't it?
My hesitation for the Well-Educated bloodline is down to founders & all heirs needing a degree - at least 3 weeks but now they can start as teens when/if they graduate early plus it usually gets them to level 8 of a degree. There's also the clunky enrolling at 4pm on the Saturday before "their" week.

Thanks for pointing out that they can't start as a Spellcaster. I hadn't spotted that. I had Toff do that in my Nine Lives so I know what to do - shouldn't be a problem but will add time.
I've read all the 51 pages on the thread and I think I'm getting the hang of it. There are a few out-of-date issues with the challenge as given. I don't think HSYs has been integrated - no teen aspiration/side-hustle required - and, as you say, no Infants integration. It'll take me a little while to pin things down but that's half the fun, right?
Oh? Will has ice-blond hair and violet eyes? I hadn't noted his eye color but I do love his facial features. :)
The Well-Educated bloodline wasn't available when I played my RDC (with a several restarts plus one public failure, hehe).
The Saturday enrollment, I believe, is if you aren't playing the Well-Educated bloodline in time to enroll for the follwoing week.
I imagine that ideally, your teen would immediately get an A in high school and get both accepted and enrolled in the same week.
That bloodline does seem substantially more difficult than the other bloodlines, imho.

Looking forward to seeing which bloodlines you choose. :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Congrats to the new grads and welcome to the new residents!
Octavia and Laurie are so close to being Independent . . . will your new Caretaker need to reach Independent status before they can take over?
I'm excited about your RDC! I started one years but never finished it and never gave the challenge itself another look. But I do look forward to reading your story!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Oo, all the teasing about who will be the heirs to your new dynasty and who will be the next Caretaker. Such fun!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Congrats to the new grads and welcome to the new residents!
Octavia and Laurie are so close to being Independent . . . will your new Caretaker need to reach Independent status before they can take over?
I'm excited about your RDC! I started one years but never finished it and never gave the challenge itself another look. But I do look forward to reading your story!
There are no laid-down rules for finding a new Caretaker to take over so Sky can just walk away if no-one wants the job. I'm a bit worried about any remaining Residents who don't get to move into Newcrest. They might need extra counselling for their disappointment,  lol!
I've not done much rotational play before and I'm intrigued by it - effectively competing against myself - 3 ways. I might need a stint in the Facility myself afterwards for schizophrenia!

Oo, all the teasing about who will be the heirs to your new dynasty and who will be the next Caretaker. Such fun!
I'm adding a candidate for each potential bloodline other than Vampires as I really don't think they'd survive in the Facility plus I definitely don't want to play them. The whole bloodsucking thing! *shudders*
There's more than one candidate who will definitely not make the cut. I wonder if that will become obvious    ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 10.3: Three's A Crowd
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2023, 04:27:51 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 10 – Tue

I wasn’t expecting to make another entry today. This week is passing both quickly and slowly at the same time. It’s weird how that happens sometimes.
I welcomed non-Neat Rhett and non-Neat Manara to the Facility late on Monday and then suggested they have a look around before bed. They were a bit surprised by there only being 5 beds but, as I pointed out, it’s a lot better than the 3 we got down to at one point. Plus I’ve been upgrading them when I have time.

10.3.1.jpg

Manara quickly went outside and started watering the plants. I’d not got around to it because it had been such a busy day. If she likes gardening, that girl could be a brilliant Caretaker.

10.3.2.jpg

Rhett: So guys, what’s the deal here? I get the impression that Sky’s not really committed to helping us.
Will: No – she’ll be off on Saturday. She’s served her time.
Rhett: So what’ll happen to us then?
Alan: It’s a bit up in the air at the moment, Rhett. We’re all looking at the various options. It’s a bit stressful, if I’m being honest.
Rhett: Will doesn’t look very stressed, rocking away in that chair.
Will: Oh – I’ve got someone rooting for me. I reckon I stand a good chance.
Rhett: Chance at what? You’re both being a bit vague!

10.3.3.jpg

Manara: Listen, Rhett! Kiama, Will & Alan reckon they’ve got things all sewn up but if you and I work together, we could be unstoppable!
Rhett: Got what all sewn up?
Manara: You know! The Newcrest development.
Rhett: I don’t know what that is. I just want to get a bit more stable and then I’ll be ready to open my little shop.
Manara: Little shop! Why would you want a little shop when you could have a mansion?

10.3.4.jpg

Rhett: This is relaxing.
Kiama: Mmmmm. I feel good.
Rhett: You look good too.
Kiama: Are you flirting with me?
Rhett: Maybe…

10.3.5.jpg

Felicity: Oh, Octavia! Way to show the new guy all the goods.
Naked Gnome: Don’t worry, now it’s fully raining, he’ll be stripping off soon. And why wouldn’t he!
Rabbit: What? What? I really can’t see now!
Fawn: I can.
Doe: Hush, deer!

10.3.6.jpg

Sky: Manara introduced herself to The Shower. She’s definitely the Right Stuff!

10.3.7.jpg

Just like that, Kiama worked out that she’s not Hot-Headed at all but Cheerful. I think some of the other Residents might be surprised at that – there’s been a lot of foot stomping – but I’m proud of her.

10.3.11.jpg10.3.12.jpg

We weren’t ready for another Weenie Roast so we had another Incognito Party. There was definitely a Space theme but I don’t remember setting that.

10.3.15.jpg

Kiama has spent the least ever number of days in the Facility – 7 in total. I would say she’s our most successful Resident ever, especially with no Bathroom Accidents, no Pass-Outs and no Fires. Well done Kiama! She’s going to move into the Glimmerbrook’s Amicable Acolyte lot with Deirdre.

10.3.13.jpg

Oh – and Octavia was very Charismatic at the party so, by the end she is also ready for Independent Living. Her Fitness and Dancing helped her to graduate with the Facility’s main skills. A total of 14 days with us which is fairly average now for a skilling qualification. Octavia is friends with Ace but she wanted to move to Sulani. Nico’s happy on his own so she moved into the main centre, on the beach. Kiama and Octavia clubbed together to get us a 2-seater sofa – how convivial!

10.3.17.jpg

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Watcher! A new Neat Resident! We have Bookworm, Animal Enthusiast Kitty Cane and the wonderful, the beautiful, the very welcome Active, NEAT Beda Gravenor!

L-to-R: Beda, Rhett, Alan, Sky, Laurie, Manara, Kitty, Will
10.3.Group.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 10.3: Three's A Crowd (19-May)
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2023, 01:43:45 PM »
Congrats to Kiama and Octavia on achieving Independent Living!
Watcher, you've done a wonderful job of creating such a great variety of appealing Sims!

I support your current choice of RDC founders as alien Alan of the Nice Body (Ahem!), lovely spellcaster Kiama, and--obviously my favorite--Will, the gentle intellectual. <3
Or, if you go with a non-Alien bloodline, my vote would switch from Alan to...but no, I love Alan's human disguise!

By the way, how do you decide which gift a departing Resident leaves behind? (sorry, to lazy to go back to your rules...)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2023, 02:21:20 PM »
Congrats to Kiama and Octavia on achieving Independent Living!
Watcher, you've done a wonderful job of creating such a great variety of appealing Sims!

I support your current choice of RDC founders as alien Alan of the Nice Body (Ahem!), lovely spellcaster Kiama, and--obviously my favorite--Will, the gentle intellectual. <3
Or, if you go with a non-Alien bloodline, my vote would switch from Alan to...but no, I love Alan's human disguise!

By the way, how do you decide which gift a departing Resident leaves behind? (sorry, to lazy to go back to your rules...)
The departing Sims can add a skilling item or add a bed or 1 seat. Hence the need to have 2 leaving together to replace the 2-seater bench that had to be deleted because of a death (1 bed & 1 seat must be deleted for a death!)
If I'm not desperate for a seat or bed, I like to add something fitting the personality/skills of the departing Sim. For example, merman Nico left the Hot Tub. The restrictions on leaving gifts are fairly vague.
I also like Alan's disguise which has a slight green tinge to it, somehow. It's been funny how the other Residents suddenly realise he's an alien and react in different ways.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »

I toss my hat in the ring for Alan, *obviously*! But other than that, I'm really not sure who to route for. Are you choosing only from the final residents, or any?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2023, 03:48:02 PM »

I toss my hat in the ring for Alan, *obviously*! But other than that, I'm really not sure who to route for. Are you choosing only from the final residents, or any?
There are several bloodline options:
Mansion - Manara
Alien - Alan
Well-Educated - Will
Vampire Hunter - Beda
Pet Lover - Kitty
Spellcaster - Kiama (unless she needs to be a human to start)
Retail - Rhett

I definitely want to do Spellcaster because I haven't explored that pack fully.
Retail allows the bloodline to do any of shops/restaurants/vet clinics which I'm quite drawn to because of the possible variety.
Will is a strong contender because - well - @oshizu wants him but the Well-Educated have to do a degree in every gen so it'll take some extra planning.

With these 3, I think the bloodlines would all be quite different but I'm still a bit undecided so I'm getting to know them all within the Facility.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2023, 04:01:17 PM »
You are spoiled for choice even after narrowing down your bloodline options!
And don't worry if you decide against Will as a founder. I will survive. *grabs a box of tissues

Kiama is not out of the running even if she needs to start as a human!
You can take the pre-played Kiama to the Magical Ream and have her ask for a Rite of Dissolution, making her a human.
Save a copy of her as a human.  Then use the human Kiama to clone a clean sim--voila, your Kiama clone will not be a spellcaster.
But I imagine not including spellcasters in the CAS creation of founders was just a rule-editing oversight.

So much anticipation revolving around your RDC!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 10.4: Brotherly Love
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2023, 07:00:24 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 10 – Wed-Thu

Rabbit: Another unlucky victim after Sky getting too distracted again, I see.
Felicity/Happy: I can only see out of the corner of my eye!
Naked: But The Voice is no longer dribbling down your neck.
Doe: Keep close, Deer.

10.4.1.jpg

Sky: The Blessed Beda, Neat as she is, instantly gets to work on the shower. Hmmm a Neat Caretaker? Would that work?

10.4.2.jpg

Beda: I’ve looked at it and it would give me the chance to rid this Simverse of Vampires but I’m not sure Watcher’s heart is in it.
Will: If you make yourself too useful, Sky will have you staying on as Caretaker. You’ve got to want more than that!
Beda: Hm, I’ll think about it.

10.4.3.jpg

Rhett: I’m going to have a little shop. You can come and buy things off me.
Beda: What sort of things?
Rhett: Stuff! All kinds of stuff!
Beda: Vampire Hunting stuff?
Rhett: Whatever the customer wants!

10.4.4.jpg

Watcher: Why are you pouting Alan?
Alan: I’m not pouting. I’m just sad about all this mess.
Watcher: That lip is definitely wobbling.
Alan: Is not!

10.4.5.jpg

Manara: How was I to know that Watcher’s done rags-to-riches loads of times and wants more of a challenge? Grr! I could fight Vampires. I could become a Vampire!

10.4.7.jpg

Alan: Watcher says I pout!
Laurie: Yeah! You do!
Kitty: I don’t mind. I think it’s cute.
Alan: What about when I wobble my lips like this?
Kitty: Mmmm, yummy!
Laurie: Oh brother!

10.4.8.jpg

Kitty: Hey, Laurie, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm an Animal Enthusiast like you.
Laurie: And yet I don't get set up in a cushy new pad in Newcrest with my own pet.
Kitty: It's a long shot for me, to be honest. If Rhett does his Little Shop, his heirs could do Vet Clinics which makes me superfluous.
Laurie: Oh. Don't you mind?
Kitty: Nah - I'm cute. Someone will snap me up.

10.4.19.jpg

Sky: Ah – Via Romanza. And Flint has cleared the way to the front door. Let’s go in and look around. Maybe the Residents would like to clean up a bit?
Others: No Bin! No Sink! No Way!

10.4.11.jpg

Sky: OK, I’m in the front door… but can’t get any further. There’s something blocking the top of the stairs. Drat!

10.4.12.jpg

Watcher: I can look for you.
Sky: What’s it like?
Watcher: We-ll how do you feel about spiders?

10.4.13.jpg

Sky: Hello Director! Yes, we’ve just got back from my new home. No, I didn’t make the Residents work on it. Yes, everything’s under control here. You could come for a visit but, maybe wait until the rain stops? What? Julienne’s died? How?

10.4.16.jpg

Sky: Thursday morning, we went over to see how Coral and Bernard were doing. It must have been such a shock to lose Julienne so suddenly. After all, we all entered the Facility together and so we’re all the same age. They don’t know how it happened and there’s a wretched bag-head NAP in place so I couldn’t see their faces but I could tell they were broken up. We took Julienne’s urn back to the Facility to join the others.

10.4.17.jpg

I didn’t want to let everyone get sad. After all, the current Residents hardly knew Flirty Julienne. So we went to the Narwhal Arms to do some group dancing. Laurie maxed her skills so we went back to the Facility again to prep for her Independent Living.

10.4.20.jpg

Of course it was raining and Laurie was over-tired. Tracksuit lady was a bit surprised. She ended her jog and went back the other way.

10.4.22.jpg

On the way to Desert Bloom park, I got my birthday notice. Flint had got his too. 2 more days and then…perpetual bliss.

10.4.23b.jpg

Laurie had a great time, holding forth about all the reasons that she was glad that she wasn’t even been considered for Newcrest. Come to think of it, I’m not being considered either. I could do Pet-Lover! Ah but I wouldn’t have Flint. No. I’m with Laurie on this!

10.4.25.jpg

Laurie had clearly resented all the attention being on the new development but she’d worked hard to get her 3 skills up. She became a Bro the other day, I think it was at the Gym, so she’s wangled herself a place in the Partihaus with her new Bro friends. As part of her Bro-ness, she is leaving us a TV to watch Sport on. I think it has other channels. I hope it does.

10.4.24.jpg

Our newest resident is Callen Reid. He is Lazy but Cheerful. I wonder if he’d like to be a Caretaker…

L-to-R: Will, Kitty, Manara, Sky, Alan, Rhett, Beda, Callen
10.4.Group.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 10.4: Brotherly Love (20-May)
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »
That Bag-head NAP - every time I see it, I can almost hear the devs laughing about it as they discussed it in development.
Congrats to Laurie - loved her swimsuit and goggles dancing attire! And welcome to Callen.
Hmmm . . . a Vampire Hunter line . . . sounds quite intriguing . . . I've seen a lot of vampires, but not a Vampire Hunter yet. I'm hoping she'll make the cut.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 10.4: Brotherly Love (20-May)
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2023, 01:06:18 PM »
Congrats to Laurie on Independent Living.
Two more days, Sky!  Two more days!

anything