Author Topic: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) Complete (22-May-2023)  (Read 21714 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I really enjoyed this update which, nevertheless, did not convinced about playing a werework anytime soon!
Wow, that mid-life crisis demands two things that are antithetical to Sky Not Blue's current circumstances.  So mean!
Would she be allowed to travel with her gang to San Sequoia? I bet the Community Center there has activity tables....

Question: Do sims suffer burnout when they are left to their own devices without a watcher pushing them to achieve this and that?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
I've got a bad habit of not sticking with a save long enough for my sims to experience a mid-life crisis!  Do you really have to do all of those?  And Try for Baby 3 Times doesn't make sense-- I'm unhappy with being a stay at home mom, let's crank out 3 more kids?
It's really unfortunate you can't take direct control of Dierdre!  If you could, she could fix all that damage for free, but they never seem to do things the easy way autonomously.
Oh, and do the rules forbid locking someone in/out of a room?  That's a lot of players' solution to werewolf rampages.  Get them into an empty room, lock the door, and wait for morning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher

I'm almost in awe over the amount of wreckage one werewolf can cause! I haven't played with them yet, but now I'm wondering if I should be nervous!
I'd set the lunar cycle to 24 days, the longest, right at the start which gave us 3 nights on the trot. Fallon earned various werewolf points which could be used to buy abilities. That might have made things easier. I wasn't trying to control her at all so it might be very different with a controlled Werewolf. I also didn't disable the Fury Effect as I wanted to see the full extent. Sky could've clicked on Fallon to do that.
The furniture damage was only on items that normally have interactions like chairs/beds/bookcases/etc. The appliance damage was similar to a ghost.
I haven't played Vampires so I don't know how similar it is.
I really enjoyed this update which, nevertheless, did not convinced about playing a werework anytime soon!
Wow, that mid-life crisis demands two things that are antithetical to Sky Not Blue's current circumstances.  So mean!
Would she be allowed to travel with her gang to San Sequoia? I bet the Community Center there has activity tables....

Question: Do sims suffer burnout when they are left to their own devices without a watcher pushing them to achieve this and that?
I've remembered there's a child craft table in San Myshuno's art gallery  :)
The other Residents have all moved out before their adult birthday so I can't speak to that. It would be interesting.
I've got a bad habit of not sticking with a save long enough for my sims to experience a mid-life crisis!  Do you really have to do all of those?  And Try for Baby 3 Times doesn't make sense-- I'm unhappy with being a stay at home mom, let's crank out 3 more kids?
It's really unfortunate you can't take direct control of Dierdre!  If you could, she could fix all that damage for free, but they never seem to do things the easy way autonomously.
Oh, and do the rules forbid locking someone in/out of a room?  That's a lot of players' solution to werewolf rampages.  Get them into an empty room, lock the door, and wait for morning.
There's a time limit after which I think Sky will have to deal with disappointment for a time. She already Contemplates Her Life at regular intervals, feeling frightened for a short time afterwards. When she got her 3 friends, she got another one "Get married " so she can't do all of them. I've solved the Friendship Bracelet. I'll just have to see what happens.
Locked doors - not allowed to reserve items for Caretaker but vague otherwise. I did consider it but I've got multiple exit windows for comic value (rarely used) so I would probably missed some, lol.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
I'm so glad everyone got through the full moon with no damage except the furniture! Werewolves are kind of fun to play, but for me anyway, a little goes a long way . . . one werewolf in 10 generations of my BDD was plenty.
I haven't encountered the midlife crisis yet . . . I'm wondering if Trying for Baby three times in a row without taking a pregnancy test would tick that one off.  How rude for them to include calling off your wedding!
Congratulations to Sky and Flint!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
I'm so glad everyone got through the full moon with no damage except the furniture! Werewolves are kind of fun to play, but for me anyway, a little goes a long way . . . one werewolf in 10 generations of my BDD was plenty.
I haven't encountered the midlife crisis yet . . . I'm wondering if Trying for Baby three times in a row without taking a pregnancy test would tick that one off.  How rude for them to include calling off your wedding!
Congratulations to Sky and Flint!
With a houseful - Sky is unable to Try For a Baby - it's on a par with other tasks that are just impossible for certain Sims - very frustrating. I'm assuming its supposed to be like the cliche of buying a sports car or emigrating when one has a mid-life crisis. I must have had mine by now but it was clearly a non-event - or maybe it was buying Sims 4, rofl.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 6.3: Watery Issues
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2023, 05:35:15 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 6 – Fri-Sat

Fallon had some serious making up to do, not least with The Voice. I think it recognised a kindred spirit in her. Whether the other Residents will be as forgiving is another matter

6.3.2.jpg

Nico, despite having become Cheerful, was the first to destroy the dollhouse in a long time. It might have been the lack of sleep we’re all suffering from The Beast's Rampage, but think he might be dehydrated. Maybe The Shower hasn’t been enough for him.

6.3.3.jpg

I decided to sort that out on Saturday. Today was my big day. The dressmaker made some unhelpful comments about middle=aged spread but I’ll sort that out on Saturday too. Aw – didn’t Flint look handsome. You can see Matias behind us, looking for the buffet.

6.3.6.jpg

We exchanged our vows with no Erratic behaviour. All very normal. Nothing out of place. Except Gulliver. He’d agreed to be our officiant. He and everyone else, all the Residents past and present, didn’t make it in for the ceremony even though I asked everyone to take their seats.
Watcher: I always get confused about whether they're supposed to take their seats before people start walking down the aisle.
Sky: Plus I had to walk down the aisle twice because walking down it with Flint didn't count.
Watcher: Ah well, with all our Erratic guests, it was a mercy you actually got hitched.

6.3.7.jpg

There were bubbles and rice but this was the best bit of the day. The Shower was very accommodating. I must remember to thank it.

6.3.10.jpg

I didn’t ask Flint to stay the night because of the bed shortage but I gave him a key. He can come and go when he pleases which is what he wants. Only 4 more weeks and we’ll be able to live together forever!

6.3.11.jpg

After all the excitement of the day, I found that Gulliver had succumbed to The Voice’s cake trick at some point. He lost all his energy which was a shame as Saturday was to be Gym Day!

6.3.12.jpg

Jacqueline got up early on Saturday to make her own breakfast. Her Squeamish trait doesn't seem to stop her cooking even though it's frequently messy. I wonder what Therapy would help her more... I saw that it had been too long without exercise for more than just me so Fitness Therapy it is!

6.3.12a.jpg

Of course, it could be all the cooking we’ve been doing. We don’t have to eat the food we make but we’re so good at it, it’s hard to resist. Getting 5 of the Residents all cooking alongside me is the most I’ve managed to date. I would love to add more surfaces but that's not within my remit.

6.3.13.jpg

At the gym, Fallon exercised a different skill. This is what I’m dreading in The Facility - pranking our only loo. I’m sorry for the gym users but I’m glad it’s here and not at home.

6.3.14.jpg

Whether it was chuckling to myself about Fallon’s mischief or that I was just in a good mood but, after pushing the limits for an hour, I needed to use the mirrors to calm myself down. Can you see Jacqueline and Joel chatting to graduate Kash? There were +hearts over them but I couldn’t work out who for who. Interesting! It was at this point that Jacqueline decided she liked Fitness. Good for her!

6.3.16.jpg

Before our final stop of the day, we popped over to the Arts Gallery in San Myshuno where I made use of the children’s activity table. I grabbed some threads and crafted my very own Friendship Bracelet. I wonder who I can give it to?

6.3.18.jpg

Flint was pleased to come on a date with me. Not so pleased to see the Residents too. We had a nice time though, chatting and smooching in the warmth. A Gold Date in the bag!

6.3.20.jpg

Just as I was about to give Flint my Friendship Bracelet (who else), there were shouts for help! Oh, Jacqueline! Why didn’t you tell me you were so tired? Before we could get to her, The Man in Black rose out of the water and claimed her lifeless body. Ah Jacqueline, you were doing so well. You may have been the cause of the only Facility fire but your Charisma was one of the highest!

6.3.21.jpg

The Man in Black didn’t hang around but he left the urn for Jacqueline floating in the sea. I collected it and we all sadly made our way back to the Facility to meet Jacqueline’s replacement.

6.3.22.jpg

Gabriela looks lovely but her parents have the same attitude as Joel’s – they want grandchildren. Joel is Non-Committal but Gabriela just Hates Children. I’m not sure we’ll be able to turn that around. Maybe they can work on it together. Gabriela is also a Party Animal and we really weren’t in the mood for a Party. Maybe soon.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 122721.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 6.3: Watery Issues (9-May)
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2023, 09:53:47 AM »

Omg, is death wearing a scuba mask?? Haha, I've never seen that - never had a death in the ocean. Too good!

*Love* Flint and Sky Not Blue's wedding attire. Very apt choice of color and style.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2023, 10:56:02 AM »

Omg, is death wearing a scuba mask?? Haha, I've never seen that - never had a death in the ocean. Too good!

*Love* Flint and Sky Not Blue's wedding attire. Very apt choice of color and style.
I've never had one before but then I always been more aware of how tired everyone is. I thought I was being so clever getting everyone out swimming and then cancelling Sky's to ask Flint on a date! The snorkel on Death made me lol. He did just rise up from below which meant no chance to plead. I thought the urn floating in a buoyancy aid was funny too.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2023, 01:39:11 PM »
I'm sad for Jaqueline but loved the tweaks around a drowning death--the urn in a buoy and Grim wearing a snorkeling mask.
I've never seen either in case of a drowning death.
Haha, I can hear Rhoxi's gears turning--do you already have a death by drowning, Rhoxi?

Why can Sky/Flint be together after four weeks? Is that when your challenge ends, Judi?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2023, 02:01:36 PM »
I'm sad for Jaqueline but loved the tweaks around a drowning death--the urn in a buoy and Grim wearing a snorkeling mask.
I've never seen either in case of a drowning death.
Haha, I can hear Rhoxi's gears turning--do you already have a death by drowning, Rhoxi?

Why can Sky/Flint be together after four weeks? Is that when your challenge ends, Judi?
The end of the challenge is on the day of Sky's Elder birthday. Sky can drink a Potion of Youth on that day, ie before she ages up, and then leave the Facility to enjoy a full adult life. Part of the attraction of this challenge is that it has a definite timespan depending on the lifespan setting. Mine's on Normal giving 4(YA)+6(A)=10 weeks and we're just entering week 7. Long would give 40 weeks which would be a bit of a grind.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 7.1: The Slide
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2023, 05:25:36 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 7 – Sun-Mon

Flint came over for another date on Sunday morning. We stood in front of The Voice and exchanged Friendship Bracelets. He gave me one with hearts on – ah! I think The Voice was glad to be part of that moment.

7.1.1.jpg

I checked my mid-life crisis list… Um, hello? Hard to call off a wedding that’s already happened! And I’m definitely not taking a New Lover, although both Fallon and Gabriela both show up as options when I think about going on a date. But! I am not planning on being unfaithful to Flint and I wouldn’t with a Resident anyway.

7.1.1a.jpg

Gabriela took exception to the Dolls House. She thought it was there just to wind her up. I explained that it had been there from the start. That girl really doesn’t like anything to do with children!

7.1.2.jpg

The Shower likes Gabriela and the feeling appears to be mutual. She has yet to make friends with The Voice.

7.1.3.jpg

Nico also loves The Shower even though he prefers sea water. He can get a bit hydrated in The Shower but we need to be careful that he doesn’t get scaley.

7.1.4.jpg

Accordingly Flint and I had another date at the beach. A different area to where we lost Jacqueline. This time it was me and Flint out in the water keeping an eye on the others as they hung around on the sand. It looks a bit boring for them so we didn’t stay long.

7.1.5.jpg

I’m over my Midlife Crisis! Whoopee! I still get to Contemplate my Life but I haven’t been too sad about it. We’re still processing Jacqueline’s demise so my little issues seem trivial by comparison.

7.1.6a.jpg

Embracing my new carefree life and the Winter snow, a snow angel was made. I tried to get Gulliver out to make a snowpal but he was a no-show.

7.1.7.jpg

I didn’t realise that Joel had stayed in his beachwear and gone off to nap in the park next door. What a silly billy! We nearly lost another resident to freezing.
Watcher: We don’t get points in this challenge for different deaths. Let’s concentrate a bit more!

7.1.9.jpg

Gabriela knocked The Dolls House down again before making herself an Excellent tortilla wrap with no cooking skill at all and no fire. I wouldn’t like to say she’s an improvement on Jacqueline but…a fire’s a fire!

7.1.8.jpg7.1.10.jpg

I tried to chat with Gabriela about her Therapy but she thought I was knitting a baby onesie and wouldn’t speak to me. To be totally honest, if she Hates Children or even just isn't bothered about them, I support her decision not to have them 100%. It would be a terrible idea. Let’s hope she can skill up and be self-supporting so that she can break the pressure from her parents.

7.1.11.jpg

Forgetting that Nico needed salt water, I decided some Fitness Therapy at the Del Sol Valley gym would be a good plan. Nico could swim while I had another date with Flint and everyone else could work out, shower or nap. That was the plan but Gulliver, who’d liked fitness from the beginning, thought a swim would be a good idea. I think he fell asleep while floating. Where were the lifeguards? Why didn’t Nico rescue him? Why indeed! That’s the 2nd death by drowning where he’s been present! I’m beginning to suspect him of foul play. The Man in Black appeared on the side of the pool so I tried to plead for Gulliver. I considered Seducing to Save but Flint was right there! Sadly, my pleas to the Man in Black fell on deaf ears and I collected another urn to place at The Facility.

7.1.12.jpg

A new Resident has joined us. We won’t tell him about the 2 recent fatalities just yet. Ace is a Materialistic Geek. If he doesn’t get over that fast, he’s going to be very unhappy in The Facility. Having just lost another bed and seat and the remaining beds are already upcycled to the max, we’ll be getting no new purchases until either someone graduates (please!) or I complete another aspiration or 2. I wonder if there’s time for another date with Flint before nightfall...

L-to-R: Joel, Nico, Gabriela, Sky, Fallon, Ace, Deirdre, Hector
7.1.group.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Watcher Notes
Full disclosure, I totally forgot about losing one bed and one seat when Jacqueline died. I have now made it 2 beds and 2 seats gone. Things are tough in The Facility.

Title: The Slide referencing a song by The Beautiful South
*Edited - I'd thought Gulliver had become Active at some point but he had merely started to Like Fitness - apologies if you read that before I spotted my mistake.
*Edited to add Residents list by group photo

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 7.1: The Slide (10-May)
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2023, 09:18:09 AM »
The intense interest in the shower (for not-showering reasons) is pretty funny. So sad to lose Gulliver, but I am glad you got to Joel before he froze. And a warm welcome to Ace!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2023, 09:20:16 AM »

Oof! Another death by drowning. And no, ozishu, no deaths by drowning in my dynasty . . . yet. There is, however, a swimming pool in the basement. Anyway! If it makes it easier, you can do dates on your own lot, which can be pretty convenient for getting that aspiration done quickly. I feel for Gabriela. Obviously, hating children is perfectly normal and does not require treatment.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2023, 01:24:56 PM »
Because I have such a lousy memory, may I ask that you give the names of the household members above your household portrait at the end of your update?
It may seem redundant to you since you play this household, but I would really appreciate it.j

Rest in peace, Gulliver. After his near-freezing attempt, I can't help but think he was simply tired of Facility living.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2023, 04:47:42 PM »
The intense interest in the shower (for not-showering reasons) is pretty funny. So sad to lose Gulliver, but I am glad you got to Joel before he froze. And a warm welcome to Ace!
The Shower seems to be the go-to "person" for all the Residents to off-load to. Considering that they're all telling the same stories over and over again, I guess it's not surprising that they don't want to listen to each other.
With another week of Winter to go, it's still pretty cold. Lots of trips to warmer worlds, methinks.

Oof! Another death by drowning. And no, ozishu, no deaths by drowning in my dynasty . . . yet. There is, however, a swimming pool in the basement. Anyway! If it makes it easier, you can do dates on your own lot, which can be pretty convenient for getting that aspiration done quickly. I feel for Gabriela. Obviously, hating children is perfectly normal and does not require treatment.
I've always found it painful when needing to deliberately drown Sims and it always took so long. My poor uncontrolled Residents just will not Sleep during the day, only Nap, hence their extreme exhaustion and I can only see that they're uncomfortable, not why. Let's hope there's no more...
Sky had a few dates with Flint at The Facility but I get bored even if they don't mind ;)
I think we've all been in situations where parents are letting their children run feral. It makes me tense too, lol!
Because I have such a lousy memory, may I ask that you give the names of the household members above your household portrait at the end of your update?
It may seem redundant to you since you play this household, but I would really appreciate it.j

Rest in peace, Gulliver. After his near-freezing attempt, I can't help but think he was simply tired of Facility living.
So sorry - I was doing it but then totally forgot. The revolving-door nature of the Residents in this challenge makes listing them essential. Thanks for reminding me.

anything