Author Topic: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) Complete (22-May-2023)  (Read 21756 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 5.2: Deep Purple (5-May)
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2023, 02:02:39 PM »
So many things to love in this update!
  • Sky acknowledging Watcher
  • Flint coming around and going on a date with Sky - looking forward to more about that budding romance
  • Kash swapping out his lazy trait for active and becoming independent
  • A new resident, and an alien at that
  • The group popping over to Summer's and throwing off their clothes in the front yard - what DID the neighbors think?

Great update!
Thank you. I want to avoid a wash-rinse-repeat situation with the Residents turnover so it was time to mix things up a bit. I'm glad you're enjoying it too. 😊

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 5.3: Back To The Future
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2023, 06:53:51 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 5 – Thu-Sat

Late Wednesday evening we had an unusual visitor. Vladislaus appeared to be transfixed by Joel having a shower.

5.3.1.jpg

Joel explained to Vladislaus that it’s just something that happens around The Facility and apologized if it made him uncomfortable. As he stuck around, he can’t have been too uncomfortable.

5.3.2.jpg

Sam’s ghost decided that night was a good time to visit. I didn’t know that ghosts liked to shower too. Hector was surprised and we found the limit to Vladislaus’ tolerance. I would say he turned white with shock but it was difficult to tell. Having talked with him, I’ve realized that The Facility would come to a standstill if we had a Vampire Resident. Watcher agrees. She doesn’t have enough experience to help me protect them from death by sunlight so we think we’d have to stay home all the time.

5.3.3.jpg

Matias continued to avoid dancing. Despite that, his skill has increased to 4. He prefers chess although I do have to encourage him in that.

5.3.5.jpg

I don’t know if it was Gulliver joining our Facility or that Matias had got to level 4 in logic. Whatever the cause, Gulliver’s fellow Aliens took Matias for a jaunt. Our first alien abduction.

5.3.6.jpg

Matias came back a little disturbed but no serious harm done. He went straight back to bed and woke up none-the-worse in the morning.

5.3.7.jpg

Cadence, on the other hand, woke up to realize that she wasn’t hot-headed but cheerful. She looked a little worried about it but Independent Living beckons.

5.3.8.jpg5.3.9.jpg

We decided another Black & White party was in order as we’d only got Bronze last time. We all looked very smart until some of us passed out. Oh Gulliver – why didn’t you just go sleep in a bed?

5.3.10.jpg

Cadence has been a lovely member of the Facility. Only ever angry once to my knowledge, no bathroom accidents and only 3 pass-outs. She has moved to a small residence next to the library in Windenberg, hoping to build on her guitar skills. She decided that the gift of a computer would increase the variety of skills on offer here.

5.3.11.jpg

Getting a Gold Medal and achieving The Main Event, we got ready to welcome a new member. Fallon is a Goofball and I am going to keep careful watch on her. We only have one loo and we really don’t need it pranked! She seemed to get into the Dance Therapy so I’m hopeful that she will settle in quickly.

5.3.12.jpg
L-to-R: Joel, Jacqueline, Fallon, Sky Not Blue, Matias, Gulliver, Melissa, Hector
5.3.Group.jpg

Fallon went out into the evening and met up with some other people. They must be friends from elsewhere. It was an unusual gathering – outside after dark.

5.3.13.jpg

Watching over Fallon’s activities meant I was awake when Flint called round. Maybe it wasn’t that late… so I invited him in.

5.3.14.jpg

Fallon had got rained on so she came in. It was so strange. Instead of changing out of her wet clothes, she shook herself dry. Strange girl. Mind you, we’re all strange so…

5.3.15.jpg

Flint stayed for some cooking therapy. He said it made him feel at home. Gulliver was rummaging in the bin and made quite a mess but our butternut gnocchi was delicious.

5.3.16.jpg

Saturday was the Finchwick Fair – the llama competition.

5.3.17.jpg

As I petted the beige llama – so soft – it stared deeply into my eyes and – I remembered – my mother had kept a llama? She loved them?
Watcher: That’s right, Sky. Her name was …
Sky: Antonia! And she was blue! But I’m not!
Watcher: Yes. Everyone expected you to be blue, like your mother so Nova started calling you Sky Not Blue. Your real name is Sky Leonine.
Sky: Nova – my cat? What happened?
Watcher: Talk to Gulliver. He’ll explain.

5.3.18.jpg

Gulliver explained it all – how things had begun to go wrong and that his people had initiated a universal reset. Some of us had kept scraps of memories, confusing us until we find a way to incorporate them. So much is still a blank but at least the confusion is explained. I feel…hopeful.

5.3.20.jpg

Well, I did feel hopeful. It was a mistake to go to the Romance Festival. I phoned Flint twice to join us and he said he would but he never appeared. The Romance Guru was hanging about so I passed time by asking the usual – how’s my love life shaping up?

5.3.21.jpg

She wasn’t very helpful. What with Flint being a no-show and her bleak prediction I did start to wonder. But then I remembered Flint’s obvious affection for me and that I didn’t have to be bound by fate. Life will be good. I will make it good!

5.3.22.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 5.3: Back To The Future (6-May)
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2023, 11:01:15 AM »

Always delighted by a visit from my favorite local vampire! If he starts hanging around the facility too much, things might get . . . interesting. Big welcome to our wolfie friend! Curious to see how that's gonna shake out. . . . Shake out? Get it? Ha! Good on Sky Not Blue for not letting that guru get in her head.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2023, 11:31:49 AM »
Big welcome to our wolfie friend! Curious to see how that's gonna shake out. . . . Shake out? Get it? Ha!
That's a groaner! I have absolutely no experience with Werewolves so this could be very interesting.

Those Guru's! It left Sky feeling sad for hours! She's doing some shaking it off herself!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2023, 05:10:27 PM »
I have valiantly tried to catch up on your story but confess to feeling lost with so much going on.
The important thing, though, is that you're having fun and it seems you are having a blast.
I believe the Asylum Challenge grew out of the ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Idiots) Challenge, created by the son of our forum member reggikko.
MarianT later created a forum dynasty based on ISBI gameplay named Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty.
@GlazeyLady mentioned wanting to add an ISBI component to her Jumble, so here's the link just in case:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27405.0

Best wishes on your latest challenge, Judi!  ❤️❤️💕

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2023, 02:31:22 AM »
I have valiantly tried to catch up on your story but confess to feeling lost with so much going on.
The important thing, though, is that you're having fun and it seems you are having a blast.
I believe the Asylum Challenge grew out of the ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Idiots) Challenge, created by the son of our forum member reggikko.
MarianT later created a forum dynasty based on ISBI gameplay named Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty.
@GlazeyLady mentioned wanting to add an ISBI component to her Jumble, so here's the link just in case:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27405.0

Best wishes on your latest challenge, Judi!  ❤️❤️💕
Thanks for the link. I knew there was an acronym for this type of play but couldn't remember it. ISBI describes it totally. Have you done the 10-Gen Townie Dynasty? You've done so many others ;)
I am enjoying this challenge. It's quite simple and won't last long so is a nice break before wrapping my head around another dynasty!
Hope things are all getting sorted your end (health & EA shenanigans) and looking forward to reading your new challenge when you're able to start it. ❤️

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 6.1: We Need To Talk About Fallon
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2023, 03:38:33 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 6 – Sun-Mon

I’m quite concerned about Fallon. She loves gardening which is a bonus. She often runs outside to weed and water which has been a great help. But look at her!

6.1.1.jpg

To be honest, even when she does normal things she freaks me out. When she goes into one of our Erratic stories, well…

6.1.2.jpg

Melissa autonomously offered me a foot massage and it sounded like a good idea until I remembered her zero skill in Wellness. As I tried to hide the wincing, I chatted to her about our cool relationship. I explained that it wasn’t her, it was me. She’d been trying out some Mischief skills when she first arrived and said something really hurtful. Actually, that means it was her. Anyway, I promised to put it aside and we could move on. Maybe without any more unskilled foot massages.

6.1.3.jpg

Integrating both Fallon and Melissa more into the Facility dynamics, I got everyone cooking. You can see it makes a terrible mess of the work surfaces but the increased relationships are worth it. I nearly got Joel involved as well – you can just see his group hexagon – but we’d finished by the time he joined in. Nobody mentioned Fallon’s increasing red glow. Apparently the moon is waxing, whatever that means.
Watcher: It means it’s growing. It’ll be full moon soon. For 3 nights, I think.
Sky: Ah – things are going to get interesting…
Watcher: Very.

6.1.5.jpg

I went on another Soulmate date to the lounge in Tartosa. Gotta keep working those aspirations! Flint apologized for not getting to the Romance Festival. Apparently there was something going on at the campus and he couldn’t get away. I told him all about my recovering memories.

6.1.6.jpg

He asked if I was half alien if my mother had been blue. I don’t think I am as Antonia had only been a hybrid. I was worried for a while, though, whether that sort of thing mattered to Flint. He laughed and said “No” That he would love me whatever colour I became. Love? Wow. He said the “L” word first!

6.1.7.jpg

I made a toast, or rather a question “To the best boyfriend in the world?” And he replied “And the best girlfriend!”. It’s official – we’re dating! Take that, Romance Guru!

6.1.8.jpg

Just in case anyone has been worried about the shower since Sam’s demise, I would like to reassure folks that not a day goes past without one of us going in to have a chat with it. Sometimes 2 at a time. The Voice of course gets lots of attention. No-one has got to level 5 gardening by playing with it but it’s fun, mostly.

6.1.9.jpg

Now Matias was on level 9 and I was monitoring him closely. He just needs that extra level to leave.

6.1.10.jpg

Instead, the dance-hating Matias maxed his Dancing skill. He often got a -ve sign when he danced but, although Fallon blames it on the moonlight, I blame it on the boogie.
Watcher: Groan.

6.1.11.jpg

A house party with lots of food for our Gluttonous Matias. If he keeps up the fitness regime, he should be fine. The dancing ought to help but doesn’t.

6.1.13.jpg

What will I miss about Matias? His strong appreciation of all and every foodstuff and his willingness to cook, even when dog-tired. He’s leaving us with a rocking chair which he says is the perfect way to aid digestion. I thought he was going to move in with Kash but apparently Catalina Lynx has offered him room with her. I thought they were having a moment!

6.1.12.jpg

As the houseparty drew to a close, we realized that Melissa had got her 3rd level 5. The only Resident to get level 5 in painting but also the least number of skill levels to date. We couldn’t help her overcome her Jealous nature but hopefully she’ll find love in the city. She’s moved into a flat next door to Raj Rasoya who is mourning the death of his mother. She’s gifted us a box of knitting wool and needles. I’m keen to have a go but we’ll have to share it out.

6.1.15.jpg

OK, can we all admit that we’re getting very worried about Fallon?

6.1.14.jpg

Ah yes, the 2 new Residents. Apparently the good Doctors (and Watcher) have decided that we’re doing so well that more occults can join us. Meet Merman Nico – Loner, Child of the Ocean and Spellcaster Deirdre – Mean Dog-Lover. Oh this is going to be very interesting! Do Dog-Lovers get on well with Werewolves? And how much will a Merman hog the shower?

L-to-R: Joel, Gulliver, Nico, Sky, Fallon, Deirdre, Jacqueline, Hector
6.1.Group.jpg

Progress

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 6.1: We Need To Talk About Fallon
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2023, 08:37:29 AM »
Instead, the dance-hating Matias maxed his Dancing skill. He often got a -ve sign when he danced but, although Fallon blames it on the moonlight, I blame it on the boogie.
Watcher: Groan.

Hilarious. Lol. I immediately googled the old Jackson 5 video and had some nice flashbacks. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2023, 10:28:44 AM »

Congrats to Sky Not Blue for making it "official"! Can I say I loved the bit about the shower? You talked about it like people do in movies when they're like the city/landscape/etc is practically a character." Like, yes, the shower *is* a character, and we need to hear about how it's doing lately. Strangely I don't think I've seen either of my erratic sims talk to one in my games?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »
The relationship between Sky and Flint is coming along quite nicely, and the knitting basket was a smart addition.
Congrats to Matias for becoming independent and to Sky for her role in that!
Looking forward to seeing what the Full Moon brings, and how all the occults get on together.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2023, 12:55:14 PM »
What a nice update!  Yes, I definitely prefer reading updates one at a time. ;)
Haha, I have yet to play a werewolf--you are very brave!
Oh, I never knew a merpeep could rehydrate in a shower!

And, yes, I've completed all the forum dynasty challenges up to the Big Dream Dynasty, after which I've lost interest in playing forum dynasty challenges. These days, I'm getting more enjoyment from telling stories than scrambling to meet requirements. ;)
I believe MarianT (its creator) and reggikko were the first to complete the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty.
It was fun but, as an unabashed control freak, I enjoyed the Rival Dynasties Challenge more. ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2023, 02:21:18 PM »
Hilarious. Lol. I immediately googled the old Jackson 5 video and had some nice flashbacks. :)
Can't beat a bit of Motown :)

Congrats to Sky Not Blue for making it "official"! Can I say I loved the bit about the shower? You talked about it like people do in movies when they're like the city/landscape/etc is practically a character." Like, yes, the shower *is* a character, and we need to hear about how it's doing lately. Strangely I don't think I've seen either of my erratic sims talk to one in my games?
I do wonder if they are talking to something through the shower - the grave stones maybe? It's funny though.
The relationship between Sky and Flint is coming along quite nicely, and the knitting basket was a smart addition.
Congrats to Matias for becoming independent and to Sky for her role in that!
Looking forward to seeing what the Full Moon brings, and how all the occults get on together.
I've just played through 3 full-moon nights  :o Update coming in the morning (UK)
And, yes, I've completed all the forum dynasty challenges up to the Big Dream Dynasty, after which I've lost interest in playing forum dynasty challenges. These days, I'm getting more enjoyment from telling stories than scrambling to meet requirements. ;)
I believe MarianT (its creator) and reggikko were the first to complete the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty.
It was fun but, as an unabashed control freak, I enjoyed the Rival Dynasties Challenge more. ;)
I am considering the Rival Dynasties Challenge to do next. It'll take me a while to get my head round the rotational gameplay but that's why I'm looking at it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2023, 02:53:38 PM »
I am considering the Rival Dynasties Challenge to do next. It'll take me a while to get my head round the rotational gameplay but that's why I'm looking at it.

That challenge was also my full-fledged plunge into rotational gameplay.
It took me awhile to wrap my head around the fact that I had to stop playing a household around Sat midnight or very early Sunday morning, or I would fail the challenge.
The challenge allows a certain degree of early age-ups so the gameplay really zips along in intervals of one week per bloodline.
Just, don't do like me--I aged up an heir with his twin about a third of the way into the challenge.
Aging up the heir early was fine, but aging up his non-heir twin early was a no no, so I had to restart, hehe.

I do hope you go for the Rival Dynasties Challenge next!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 6.2: Interview With A Werewolf
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2023, 04:09:42 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 6 – Tue-Thu

Fallon’s Fury grew out of control. She’s doing well in building her gardening skill but I think it’s the red glow that has The Voice suitably cowed.

6.2.1.jpg

We tried to ignore it. We even turned a blind eye to her new eating habits. After all, we had got used to Matias.

6.2.4.jpg

But the moon shone full and bright and, at 10pm, Fallon metamorphosed into The Beast.

6.2.5.jpg

There was a lot of threatening behaviour and we all tried to keep as far from her as possible.

6.2.6.jpg

Fallon made a beeline for the stereo, even though she’s been enjoying Dance Therapy. She really is a different person when she’s The Beast. We didn’t try to fix anything while she was on the rampage, only the loo because, you know, we all were in danger of Bathroom Accidents with the terror we were all feeling.

6.2.7.jpg

Eventually The Beast raced outside and ran all around the neighbourhood, terrorizing anyone she found. To be honest, we were glad to have her out of the house but I did feel a bit guilty and wondered if there would be a neighbourhood backlash.

6.2.8.jpg

Having moved up a pack level to Runt, Fallon regained control at about 6am, 8 hours of terror!

6.2.11.jpg

Hector joined me in the garden to discuss the events of the previous night. I told him that Watcher expected 2 more nights of mayhem but then it would be quiet for 3 weeks. He said that was going to seriously affect his ability to hang on to his new Outgoing trait but I assured him that we could do it. I really hope we can.

6.2.12.jpg

Things were tense in The Facility as the Residents lined up for Cooking Therapy. Every one of us has some issues so we try not to judge but…there are limits.

6.2.13.jpg

A day at the beach so that Nico can relish the water. We all trod water for ages, gaining fitness, and everyone cooled off a bit. Nico gained a new trait of being Cheerful so it was really good for him.

6.2.15.jpg

The 2nd night of terror was a repeat of the first. I sent a couple of visitors home before The Beast appeared and encouraged people to go to bed by reassigning them. The furniture came in for a lot of damage this time, less things to repair and I left the scratched furniture until after the 3rd night.

6.2.18.jpg

Sam’s ghost joined the lads in trying to corner The Beast but they lost their nerve and ran away like the rest of us. Again, she went on a neighbourhood rampage and returned after 6am, looking rather sheepish. You don’t think she actually ate a sheep, do you?
Watcher: No sheep in the Simverse. And I don't think there are any dogs in this neighbourhood.
Sky: Not any more, anyway! Does she look doggish to you?

6.2.17.jpg

With one difficult night still ahead of us, when Flint came for a visit I was so pleased. I casually (I thought) mentioned marriage and he got really tense. He thought I was asking him back into The Facility - that I thought he needed to return. I explained about the contract, that we could take potions of youth before we become Elders and live together outside The Facility. Once we’d cleared all that up, when I suggested we got engaged, he was all for it!

6.2.19.jpg

And this is where I got confused. Having just got engaged, I suddenly found I was having a mid-life crisis and the options for helping me out of it seem ridiculous! The Facility doesn’t have an Activity Table so I can’t make a Friendship Bracelet. There’s no space for me to Try for a Baby once, let alone 3 times. And why, in heaven’s name, would I call off a wedding that I’ve only just started to plan? I’d say it’s crazy but there’s a lot of that round here!

6.2.20b.jpg

Deirdre has been doing a grand job building both gardening and dancing plus making friends with people. Surprising since she’s Mean. However, making all those friends has made her realise that she’s an Insider, without belonging to any Club! I took everyone to the Magical Realm to help her connect with her kind. Poor Hector, passing out. I took him inside in the hopes of finding a comfy chair. I don’t think Deirdre made any Spellcasting progress but it showed her what was possible.

6.2.21.jpg

Fallon’s last night of The Beast went mostly the same. This time it included scratching up the beds – the best beds possible to buy. Each one cost over $2,000 to mend the scratches! The Beast doesn’t attack a bed with anyone in it or even enter a room if all beds are occupied and if there’s no other furniture to damage or people to terrorize. But, as soon as it does enter a room, anyone in there wakes up, not surprisingly and then all beds become targets.

6.2.25.jpg

At one point, Fallon disappeared into a metaphorical rabbit-hole. I think it was to do with her becoming a Prime Werewolf. I am trying to decide if I’m proud of her for that accomplishment all on her own. What exactly would be the definition of rehabilitation for a Werewolf?
Watcher: There’s nothing in the rules so no added scores. We'll stick to the skilling and traits.

6.2.25a.jpg

As Fallon made her slow way back in the morning, I got a call from Emery! Did Fallon get all the way over to Henley-on-Bagley or was it really just a dream?

6.2.26a.jpg

Thursday was Harvest and cooking therapy seemed very appropriate. Getting in to the thankful spirit was just what we needed. I’m desperate hopeful that Fallon will be able to achieve Independent Living before the next Full Moon!
Watcher: With a Lunar Cycle set to 24 days, she really should.

6.2.27a.jpg

Progress

Watchers Note I have never played Werewolves before so 3 nights of undirected rampage were a baptism of fire. My understanding is that, even if I'd been directing her actions, they don't respond much in their werewolf state. I was relieved that Fallon didn’t kill anyone whether directly or through sheer terror.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

I'm almost in awe over the amount of wreckage one werewolf can cause! I haven't played with them yet, but now I'm wondering if I should be nervous!