Author Topic: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) Complete (22-May-2023)  (Read 21719 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) Complete (22-May-2023)
« on: April 26, 2023, 02:39:14 AM »
Sky Not Blue: The Facility

Facility Caretaker: Sky Not Blue – that’s me! A position of responsibility because I am TRUSTWORTHY. Not because I can’t afford to pay the fees. Absolutely NOT! I know I’m only wearing a towel. And I know that looks untrustworthy but I can explain that – later.

1.11.jpg

My role is to be Caretaker of my new home. There are 7 other Residents. Strangers to me but you might know some of them from the WonderChild project. We all have a little trouble with reality but most of the time we are perfectly normal, not at all dangerous to society. We all have dossiers which I’ll add to this log when I’ve settled in. They are all hoping to achieve “Independent Living” status and I’m hoping to help them whilst helping me in the process

group.jpg

Let me show you The Facility. It’s replaced a traditional house called Parkshore in the Pendula View district of Willow Creek. It’s all on one floor so that Watcher I can keep an eye on everyone. No, I don’t want to write about Watcher. She’s not real.

Locale.jpg

This pic is looking from the back. There is an activity area to the left; shower and toilet facilities to the fore; kitchen in the middle and the bedrooms to the right. Outside is the beginning of a covered garden area to the left with an easel in front. Also, to the right, there’s a yoga mat and punchbag. The cat gravestone in front of the bathrooms? No, there’s no cat buried there. There was no cat and she certainly didn't talk to me. It’s just something found on me when I was picked up.

I know the décor is all rather cheap and mismatched. The Facility was built well but that funds ran out before it could be furnished. They got the walls and floors done on the cheap, all in white! But my first task was to furnish it. So what you see is dumpster-diving, charity shop finds and discounted bulk buys. I like bright colours and I had to do something to cheer the place up. Doctor Joe said I’d done a decent job and it was a good start. Who’s Doctor Joe? He’s the one who set me up with this job after my stay at his facility. It’s all in my dossier. I just need to take care of The Facility, help the Residents and stay in touch with reality.

Dr Joe.jpg

So that’s the situation and I’m hopeful. I really am!

Chapters
1.1: When It Rains
1.2: The Book of Proverbs
2.1: It's Just A Shower
2.2: The Voice
2.3: The Birds And The Bees
3.1: Life's A Beach
3.2: Life's Ups & Downs
3.3: Kash & Matias
4.1: All For Julienne
4.2: Girl Power
4.3: That's Neat
5.1: Her Loss
5.2: Deep Purple
5.3: Back To The Future
6.1: We Need To Talk About Fallon
6.2: Interview With A Werewolf
6.3: Watery Issues
7.1: The Slide
7.2: There's Snow Business
8.1: Is This A Weenie I See Before Me?
8.2: L O L A Lola
9.1: Raison D'Etre
9.2: Guys & Dolls
10.1: Applications
10.2: We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
10.3: Three's A Crowd
10.4: Brotherly Love
10.5: Two More Days

Closing Stats & Thoughts

Various
Dossier for Sky Not Blue
Ruleset
Scoring, Current Residents, Settings & Mods
Dossiers for Past Residents

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Dossier - The Caretaker - Sky Not Blue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 02:40:17 AM »
Sky Not Blue

Cat-Lover, Outgoing
Sky.jpg

Extra Trait: Good, Adventurous, Perfectionist
Friends: Marcus Flex, Dominic Fyres, Angela Pleasant, Summer Holiday, Tomax Collete, Victor Feng, Rohan Elderberry, Caleb Vatore
Maxed (10) Skills: Charisma, Cooking

Found wandering, homeless with only a journal and a cat's gravestone on her, Sky Not Blue was admitted by us, Dr Joe and Dr Marion, at our facility.

9.6.24.jpg

As we tried to understand her ravings about a cat called Nova that could talk, Granny Goo and a whole host of colourful relations, we realised that the creative writing in her journal reflected her delusions. When faced with the reality of her situation, Sky Not Blue claimed that our friends from Sixam had initiated a Reset.

6.jpg

The most disturbing aspect of her condition was that Sky Not Blue believed that she was in contact with someone called Watcher who controls all our actions - a super-controlling being, if you will, whose motives were unclear.

9.jpg

Finally, when asked to part with the cat's urn that she carried, Sky Not Blue broke down and had to be sedated for her own good.

11.jpg

A period of intense therapy was prescribed to help her differentiate between reality and delusions. During this time Sky Not Blue became a Young Adult, albeit an Erratic one. She no longer asserts that she had a talking cat and has closed the door on the Watcher concept. Lacking the funds for ongoing rehabilitation, she is the ideal candidate to become Caretaker for our new Facility.

Locale.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Scores, Current Residents, Settings & Mods
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 02:41:10 AM »
+19270  = Final Score (Normal Lifespan, Hard Mode)

+24000 - Residents achieving "Independent Living" Status (+1000) 24
+800 - Every Caretaker Aspiration completed (+200) 4
+3600 - Every friend other than Residents (+200) 18
+700 - Every skill maxed to level 10 by any Sim including Caretaker (+100) 7
+6070 - Every level of skill of a Leaving Resident over their Leaving Requirements (+10) 607

-4000 - Every Sim who dies Sam, Jacqueline, Gulliver, Lola(-1000)
-900 - Every bathroom accident (-100) 9
-10800 - Every passing out (-100) 102
-200 - Every fire (-200) 1
0 - Every day when either services are cut off (-200 for one, -400 for both)

These scores are only for the Facility, the Caretaker and Residents. For example, a fire caused by an outsider not within the Facility would not count.

Final Residents
Alan Tangata

Alien - Outgoing, Geek +Clumsy+Cheerful+Active
Alan.jpg

Will Kenna

Genius, Bookworm +Cheerful
Will.jpg
Doesn't like Video Gaming

Rhett Booth

Ambitious, Outgoing +Cheerful
Rhett.jpg

Manara Castell

Materialistic, Snob +Active
Manara.jpg

Beda Gravenor

Neat, Active
Beda.jpg

Kitty Cane

Bookworm, Animal Enthusiast
Kitty.jpg

Callen Reid

Lazy, Cheerful
Callen.jpg
Likes Video Games

Peace & Quiet, Bracing Breezes, Natural Light

Settings
Other than those set by the rules:
Lifespan - normal
Wants/Fears - off
Lifestyles - off
Neighbourhood stories - enabled
Weather - Rain & Snow (no thunderstorms/blizzards)
Seasons - 14 days
Lunar Cycle - 24 days
Fame - opt in
NPC voting - on
Eco Footprint - on
NPC Relationship Autonomy - on
Self-Discovery - on

No Mods

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Asylum Challenge Ruleset for Sky Not Blue (30-Apr-23)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 02:43:15 AM »
Sky Not Blue Asylum Challenge

First created by Scout for Sims 2, I have wanted to do this challenge ever since I read Playalot’s Fitzwilliam Asylum. I have modified the rules slightly but the aims are the same.

The main goal for this challenge is to get as many of the residents skilled enough to leave the asylum while your main sim, the Caretaker, achieves as many skills and completes as many aspirations as possible before their Elder birthday. You are only ever allowed to control the Caretaker. No other sim can be directed in any way.

For this challenge there will be an easy mode, medium mode and hard mode.

Setting Up
Create your Caretaker in CAS. They must be a human (non-occult) young adult. They may be a fresh clone of a Sim downloaded from the Gallery. They must have the erratic trait and the other two traits and aspiration can be anything you want.

After finishing your Caretaker, create seven other residents. They all must be young adults and they must all have the erratic trait. The other two traits and their aspirations can be whatever you want.
Option: Besides the Erratic trait, make one of the others an “unhelpful” trait (players definition). This makes for a more lively household but also adds another option for Independent Living status  with Growing Together pack – see later.
Only one sim in the house can have the neat trait at any time.  You may set them to like a maximum of one activity. Any or all of these 7 residents may be occults. None of the eight sims are allowed to be related, so set their relationship to roommate.

Next step is to build the asylum on a residential lot in any world. The size of the lot does not matter. You can build the asylum yourself, download an unfurnished house from the Gallery and modify it or modify an existing house. Wall and Floor décor should not add environmental  or green gains but they do not need to be negative or industrial.
Money cheats such as motherlode, kaching etc. are allowed.
Your mode of difficulty affects what objects are allowed in your asylum, but all objects must be the cheapest or lowest level. The only exception being bookcases which you are free to choose one that suits your build style without affecting emotions.
Fridges, cookers, BBQs do not count as skilling items but you may only have one of each.
Stereos, TVs, computers, bookcases, mirrors do not count as skilling items and you may only have the combination stated in your chosen difficulty mode.
Chairs for chess table or cards/sabaac table do not count in the seating count as they are skilling items but make them the cheapest. You may not have both.
A loveseat = 2 seats, a 3-seater = 3 seats!
You cannot have objects in the asylum which affects a sim’s emotions or which prevents fires. Ever. (No crystals or emotional paintings etc)
No fire alarms at all.

When you have finished building the asylum you will not be able to modify it or add more items  unless sims get stuck in a certain area or your 'leaving residents' gift you a new skill building item - see later, so leave enough room for additions. Existing furniture may be moved. When you have finished creating your asylum, your family funds must be at the required amount for your difficulty. You will need to use a cheat to do this.

Settings
Autonomy – Full;
Ageing for played household – Normal or Long – this will affect scores;
Show Whims & Fears – OFF recommended;
No holidays may be added to the default but existing ones may be modified or deleted;
Seasons (if owned) – ON;
Weather – Rain & Snow;
Sims affected by weather – ON;
Players Choice for all other settings, including Neighbourhood Stories.
Cheats/mods/hacks which boost sim’s needs or skills are not allowed.
Cheats/mods/hacks which make everyday life easier for your Sims are not allowed.
Stuck Sims may be Reset.

Gameplay
You must only select your Caretaker. You are not allowed to click on the other sims at all to check their needs or to direct them in any way. This includes during a fire. If any of these sims die, their graves must be kept on the lot although their spirits may be released.
You may not form Groups but, if your household has travelled to another lot, you may use the “Go here together”, “Fish here together”, etc options. Clubs (Get Together) may not be used.
Once a day you can click on the other sims to check their skill levels. When doing this your game must be paused. It is recommended that you do this at a set time each day. At the same time, you may wish to remove items from the other sims inventories and check the household inventory for swiped/created objects. These may be sold or placed in the house if they have no emotional scoring.
You may click on another sim in order to answer a phone call or ignore their phone calls as you wish.
Potions Of Youth are banned until the end of the challenge
No one in the asylum is allowed a job, except the Caretaker and only if it is to complete an aspiration. Once the aspiration is complete they must quit the job.
You cannot use your inventory, rearrange furniture or lock doors to reserve items for the Caretaker.
Items damaged in fires may be replaced by clicking on them at any time if funds allow.
When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you. The only exception to travelling is for a date for an aspiration or whim requirement. Obviously you only need travel with your date, and may do so at any time.
Permanent Aspiration Rewards are not allowed, ie Hygiene or Sleep Replacement may be allowed (see difficulty mode) but Never Weary or Green Thumb are not as they are permanent.
Pop-ups suggesting a like/dislike for the Caretaker may be accepted or refused but must be accepted for other residents
Growing Together Pack: pop-ups offering additional traits for your Caretaker may be accepted or refused but they must be accepted for the other residents.

Independent Living Requirements
•   Got 3 skills to level 5 or
•   Maxed one skill to level 10 or
•   Gained 3 new “helpful” traits (Growing Together – players definition) or
•   Swapped their “unhelpful” trait for a “helpful” one (Growing Together – players definition)
If a resident achieves any of these requirements they are declared capable of “Independent Living” and are released from the asylum. The Caretaker is bound by a contract until just before their Elder birthday and may not leave.
Ask a token of gratitude, an exiting resident may donate to the house one and only one 'Leaving Gift'. This could be a skilling item, a seat or a bed in addition to those allowed by the difficulty mode. Remember, all household items must be of the lowest or cheapest variety or at the level allowed by the current status of completed aspirations (see Upcycling). The only limits are your household funds.

Upcycling
Once the Caretaker has completed the required number of aspirations you may begin to upcycle (replace) household items/decor with ones that cost more and are of better quality. You may only do this in progressive stages and as you can afford it. For example upcycle a bed from the cheapest to the next level scoring one. This does not mean you can buy THE most expensive bed even though you may have the simoleons to do so. You can only upcycle any item once a day although you may upcycle every item of that particular type, (e.g. beds) in the house on that one day if you have the funds and have completed the required aspirations.
It is recommended that you do this at a set time each day, for example – when you check skill levels and inventories.
All items may be upgraded by the Caretaker at any time if you have the funds and skill required.

Adding new Residents
As residents leave you will need to 'accept' new residents into the asylum. You must have 8 sims in the asylum at all times. You can either add new residents to the house through downloading from the gallery or asking a sim to join the house.  You could even have some pre-made sims ready in your own library just waiting for the chance to join the asylum! Remember every resident must have the erratic trait and only one neat sim in the house at any time.

Difficulty Modes and Rules
The challenge is failed if the Caretaker dies before reaching their Elder birthday.
There are 3 different modes of difficulty for this challenge.

Easy Mode:
Starting funds: $1,000
Max one skill, then you are free to use reward potions on the Caretaker that are one use only.
Complete one aspiration and you are free to start upcycling household items/decor!
Can have the TV and the computer at the same time.
Two sinks, two toilets and two showers/bathtubs.
6 beds in total, and in any combination of singles or doubles, eg 1 double and 4 singles
There can only be total seating for 8 in the whole house.
You may only have a total of 6 Skill building items in the house.
You may have 1 Computer, 1 bookcase, 1 mirror, and 1 T.V in the house. (You may swap one of these items for a stereo as you wish.)
Having a maid, a gardener and a butler is allowed.
The Caretaker can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting around the neighbourhood at any time and for as many times as you like. You can travel to other people’s houses and community lots anytime.
If a resident dies, no objects have to be deleted.

Medium Mode
Starting funds: $500
Max two skills, then you are free to use reward potions on the Caretaker that are one use only.
Complete one aspiration and you are free to choose one type of household item to upcycle.
Complete two aspirations and you are free to start upcycling all household items!
You cannot have a TV and a computer at the same time. If the Caretaker chooses the Computer Whiz aspiration for example, then you should have a  computer.
One sink, one toilet, one shower/bathtub.
5 beds in total, one bed must be a double ie 1 double and 3 singles OR 2 doubles and 1 single.
There can only be total seating for 6.
You may only have a total of 5 Skill building items in the house.
You may have 1 bookcase and 1 mirror and 1 stereo in addition to the skill-building items.
No maid or gardener or butler
The Caretaker can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting anytime around your neighbourhood and for as long as you like, but only once a day. You can only travel altogether to other people’s houses and community lots during the hours between 9:00am-9:00pm.
If a sim dies, 1 seat must be deleted.

Hard Mode:
Starting funds: $100
Max three skills, then you are free to use reward potions on the Caretaker that are one use only.
Complete one aspiration and you are free to choose one type of household item to upcycle.
Complete two aspirations and you are free to choose one more type of household item to upcycle.
Complete three aspirations and you are free to start upcycling all household items!
You cannot have a TV or computer or a stereo at the same time. (Exception for a short time while an aspiration or party requirement is being  met. Once completed the extra item must either be sold again or placed into the family inventory.)
One sink, one toilet, one shower and no bathtub or shower/bath combo.
4 beds in these combinations: 2 singles and 1 double OR 2 doubles.
There can only be total seating for 4
You may only have a total of 4 Skill-building items in the house.
You may have 1 bookcase and 1 mirror as well as the skill-building items
No maid or gardener or butler.
The Caretaker may leave the lot to go fishing and collecting in the neighbourhood for as long as you like between the hours of 7.00am-3:00pm. You can only travel to other people’s houses and community lots between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm.
If a resident dies, 1 bed and 1 seat must be deleted.

Scoring (Optional - it's all for fun really)
The challenge ends on the day of the Caretakers elder birthday when they can use a Potion Of Youth to return to the beginning of their adult life span and enjoy their freedom. Scoring will be affected by difficulty level chosen and whether you have aging on Normal (10 weeks) or Long (40 weeks).

+1000  for every resident who has achieved “Independent Living” status.
 +200:  for every aspiration the Caretaker has completed.
 +200:  for every friend made outside of the asylum residents.
 +100:  for every skill maxed by any Sim to level 10.
 + 10:  For every level of any skill a leaving resident has over and above their Leaving Requirements.

-1000: per Sim that dies
 -100:  per sim that has a bathroom accident.
 -100:  per sim who passes out.
 -200:  per fire which has occurred.
 -200:  per day when any of the services are cut off and for each service. (water cut off -200 per day. Water and power both cut off  -400  per day)

Edited 30-Apr-23: Modified Independent Living requirements for Growing Together Trait changes

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Dossiers - Previous Residents
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 02:54:50 AM »
Primary Qualification All Residents must be Erratic

All entered the Facility with 2 further traits and a liking for one activity, no dislikes. Any extras gained are due to influences at the Facility.

Independent Living - 16

Flint Acoma - Independent Living by swapping Gloomy to Cheerful

GloomyCheerful, Loves Outdoors + Active
Flint.jpg
Likes Fishing

Skills at level 5: Fitness
Skills at level 10: none
Bathroom Accidents: 1
Passing Out: 1
Days in Facility: 16

Believed himself to be the product of a WonderChild Challenge and a 1st failure at the Apocalypse Challenge

Robyn Redbreast - Independent Living by getting 3 new "helpful" traits (Cheerful, Loves Outdoors, Active)

Unflirty, Foodie + Cheerful + Loves Outdoors + Active
Robyn.jpg
Likes Cooking

Skills at level 5: Dancing, Fitness
Pass-Outs: 7
Days in Facility: 24

Believed herself to be the product of a WonderChild Challenge and never attempted the Apocalypse Challenge

Julienne Alvarez - Independent Living by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Romantic, Kleptomaniac + Active + Cheerful
Julienne.jpg
Likes Painting, Fitness

Skills at level 5: Fitness, Dancing, Charisma
Pass-Outs: 8 (maximum)

Believed herself to be the product of a WonderChild Challenge and never attempted the Apocalypse Challenge

Coral Odrade - Independent Living by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Active, Evil + Cheerful + Clumsy + Hates Children
Coral.jpg

Bathroom Accidents: 0

Believed herself to be the product of a WonderChild Challenge and a 2nd failure at the Apocalypse Challenge

Emery Allender Independent Living by getting 1 skill to level 10 Fitness

Creative, Socially-Awkward + Active + Perfectionist

Likes Painting + Dancing
Emery.jpg
Skills at level 5: Fitness, Dancing
Skills at level 10: Fitness
Days in Facility: 26

Bernard Greenberg - Independent Living by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Neat, Self-Absorbed + Active+Cheerful
Bernard.jpg

Pass-Outs: 1
Days in Facility: 27

Watcher's Notes
5 of the 7 original Residents are clean clones of my multi WonderChild Challenge and have different traits. The Erratic trait being mandatory, they each have a "challenging" trait and a "helpful" one. I hope it will be a good mix

I have failed twice at the Apocalyse Challenge. One day...!

Extra Residents
Kash Alley - Independent Living by swapping Lazy to Active

LazyActive, Bookworm

Likes Wellness, Dancing
Kash.jpg
Skills at level 5: Charisma, Dancing
Pass-Outs: 3
Days in Facility: 15

Cadence Tamayo - Independent Living by swapping Hot-Headed to Cheerful

Hot-HeadedCheerful, Music Lover

Likes Guitar
Cadence.jpg
Skills at level 5: none
Days in Facility: 10

Matias Herring - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Glutton, Genius +Active

Likes Research & Debate, Fitness
Dislikes Dancing
Matias (2).jpg
Skills at level 5: Charisma, Fitness, Dancing
Days in Facility: 19

Melissa Angel - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Painting)

Jealous Art Lover

Likes Painting
Melissa.jpg
Skills at level 5: Painting, Dancing, Charisma
Pass-Outs: 5
Days in Facility: 12

Hector Anguiano - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Snob, Neat +Outgoing+Active

Likes Singing
Hector.jpg
Skills at level 5: Charisma, Dancing, Fitness
Pass-Outs: 4
Days in Facility: 18

Fallon Valdes - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Gardening, Painting)

Werewolf: Goofball, Green Fiend +Active

Likes Gardening, Cooking
Fallon.jpg
Skills at level 5: Gardening, Charisma, Painting
Pass-Outs: 2
Days in Facility: 14

Nico Romo - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Merman: Loner, Child of the Ocean +Cheerful+Clumsy+Active

Likes Fitness
Nico.jpg
No Bathroom Accidents, Pass-Outs or Fires!
Days in Facility: 12

Joel Putnam - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Non-Commital, Self-Assured +Cheerful+Clumsy

Likes Mixology
Joel.jpg
2 Bathroom Accidents
2 Pass-Outs
Days in Facility: 23

Deirdre Alfaro - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Spellcaster: Mean, Dog-Lover +Insider

Likes Singing
Deirdre.jpg
Skills at level 5: Dancing, Charisma, Fitness
4 Pass-Outs
Days in Facility: 14

Gabriela Olson - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Hates Children, Party Animal +Clumsy

Likes Guitar
Gabriela.jpg
1 Bathroom Accidents
0 Pass-Outs
Days in Facility: 13

Zane Cote - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Cooking, Dancing)

Neat, Squeamish +Clumsy

Likes Programming, Video Gaming
Zane.jpg
No Bathroom Accidents
No Pass Outs

Ace Pittman - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Fitness, Video Gaming)

Materialistic, Geek +Active+Squeamish

Likes Video Games
Ace.jpg
6 Pass-Outs

Malakai Landrum - Independent by getting 1 skill to level 10 - Fitness

Slob, Family-Oriented +Active+Adventurous

Likes Cooking, Fitness
Malakai.jpg
2 Pass-Outs

Randy Handy - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Cooking, Dancing, Fitness)

Paranoid, Cheerful +ClumsyPerfectionist+Active

Likes Fitness, Hates Dancing
Randy.jpg
1 Bathroom Accident
2 Pass-Outs
Days in Facility: 16

Elsa Beyer - Independent by getting 1 skill to level 10 - Fitness

Childish, PerfectionistClumsy +Active+Cheerful

Likes Mischief, Fitness, Video Gaming
Elsa.jpg
7 Pass-Outs

Octavia Hook - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Child of the Ocean, Dog-Lover +Active
Octavia.jpg
Likes Singing +Video Gaming
7 Pass-Outs
14 Days in Facility

Kiama Caster - Independent by swapping Hot-Headed to Cheerful

Spellcaster - Hot-HeadedCheerful, Romantic +Active+Clumsy
Kiama.jpg
7 Days in Facility

Laurie Crowell - Independent by getting 3 skills to level 5 (Charisma, Dancing, Fitness)

Active, Animal Enthusiast +Squeamish+Clumsy+Bro
Laurie.jpg
Likes Acting
13 Days in Facility

Deaths - 4
Sam Weatherwax - Death by Anger

High-Maintenance, Dance Machine + Clumsy + Cheerful
Likes Dancing, Fitness

Skills at level 5: Dancing
Pass-Outs: 1

Believed himself to be the product of a WonderChild Challenge and never attempted the Apocalypse Challenge

Jacqueline Dickens - Death By Drowning

Squeamish, Loyal +Clumsy +Cheerful +Insider

Likes Photography, Fitness
Skills at level 5: Charisma, Dancing
Pass-Outs: 6
Fires: 1

Gulliver Prince - Death By Drowning

Alien: Slob, Freegan +Perfectionist+Cheerful

Likes Fishing +Fitness
Skills at level 5: Dancing
Pass-Outs: 4

Lola Wiggins - Death by Cardiac Explosion

High-Maintenance, Loyal

Likes Wellness

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue - The Facility - Introduction
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 09:21:12 AM »

Wow, this looks like such an interesting challenge! What difficulty will you be doing? Also, some of your pictures seem to be bugged out in your first post.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 09:25:19 AM »

Wow, this looks like such an interesting challenge! What difficulty will you be doing? Also, some of your pictures seem to be bugged out in your first post.
I'm doing the hard mode - such a glutton for punishment!
Sorry about the pics - they're looking ok for me. I'll take another look in a mo.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 1.1: When It Rains
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 09:27:37 AM »
Caretakers Journal Week 1 – Sun-Wed

I can’t believe the transport dropped us off at the wrong place to start with. The other Residents don’t look too impressed so I quickly call the transport back and get us to the right place.

1.1.jpg

Actually, my new “friends” don’t seem too impressed when we get to the Facility either. I’ll admit the walls and floors are very plain.

1.2.jpg

I made the inside as colourful as possible. Maybe too colourful? And I tried to hide the rug flaws under things. They were a job lot – amazing price – and I don’t think there are any more moths left in them… OK, I know it’s all a bit shabby – and not in the shabby-chic way – but that was no cause for Sam to knock down the dolls house. It’s supposed to be for acting out difficult situations, not a focus for aggression! At least Bernard is making the most of the construction table. It won’t help any skills but it’s an outlet. Emery’s getting a bit of logic on the chess table. Not much – none of us can concentrate on a full game of chess yet. Mind you, I know I'm focussed on working out which one of us is Evil. I know one of us is but I haven’t worked out which yet.

1.3.jpg

The Goths, our neighbours, called round with some fruitcake. Everyone tucked in and liked it as far as I know. Mortimer was saying how they were concerned about the Facility being right next door. Flint did a good job of chatting to him. I encouraged Flint and then suddenly he was hugging me. I really think we’re going to do well here.

1.4.jpg

One thing we do a lot of is dancing. We’ve just got a cheap radio but everyone is getting really good at it. Even Mortimer joins in. Bella looks a bit non-plussed. She says Mortimer never dances when they’re out. Maybe we’re going to be a positive influence on our community too!

1.6.jpg

I took everyone fishing one day. There’s not a lot of room on this pier so just 4 of us had a go before we had to return for our 9pm curfew. We caught a few fish and earned a bit of cash. I’ve been breeding frogs to help with the fund situation.

1.7.jpg

Ah – yes. It’s Coral that’s Evil. I’ll have to keep an eye on her.

1.8.jpg

I tried keeping an eye on Coral. I invited her to play chess. Instead of learning some Logic, she used the opportunity to lay in to me about the décor, the number of loos, showers, sinks (all 1) and the number of beds (2 singles, 1 double). She claimed that she’d paid for an ensuite double bed all to herself and she was going to have it! I’m not sure how that’s going to happen but I let her get it out of her system.

1.9.jpg

At Coral’s demand request (she’s Active as well as Evil), we take a trip to the gym the very next day. I managed to vote a NAP through to encourage exercise but it would be good if we all got a bit fitter. I made friends with Marcus Flex who trained me for a while. I watched a cooking show at the same time. I’m just that multi-talented! Things were going well until I went for a shower. I found Emery was chatting up two women. I thought he was Socially-Awkward! I haven’t checked on the romantic rules. I’m not sure there are any. But I decide to call the transport and get us home.

1.10.jpg

And that explains my towel situation. The transport driver was in a hurry as it was getting near curfew so I didn’t have time to change. Ah well, least said – soonest mended. Let’s not focus on me.

1.11.jpg

Sam and Coral seem to get on really well. They’re often chatting nicely together. He doesn’t seem to worry about her being evil. Actually he’s mainly concerned about himself – very High Maintenance. He drops everything to dance though. That boy’s a Dance Machine.

1.12.jpg

I prepare 2 meals a day. If she’s awake, I try to get Robyn to join me in cooking. She is a foodie after all. We’re both a bit nervous of fires so we stick to salads at the moment.

1.13.jpg

Another day and it’s a trip to the library. With so many resources, it’s a perfect place. I start with a book on gardening. I’ve harvested a few plants and I want to get better at that. Bernard starts writing a book all about himself, as he’s Self-Absorbed. He soon switched to gaming though. I think Flint and Julienne were up to Mischief but I’m not really sure. Aw – look at Robyn curled up on the padded bench. We’re all suffering from lack of sleep. 3 of us have passed out so far.

1.14.jpg

The poor shower quality means it’s always breaking, just like all the items. Bernard, Neat as he is, is great for clearing up. No, we don’t use the phrase Neat-Freak. It’s not helpful. My Handiness is increasing. I’ve put a better flush on the loo.

1.15.jpg

Now, when it rains, our Facility Residents like to…um…shower in it. Sam was first, with Coral following swiftly after if those 2 aren’t an item before they leave… Anyway, Emery goes out next, checking his phone as he goes. Eventually the whole house was out there. Goodness knows what the Goths thought!

1.16.jpg1.17.jpg

Still, if you can’t beat them, join them. I wasn't even grungy but it did feel good. I was a little miffed that Sam and Coral, who started all this, pretended to be shocked at me showering naked. They were probably just teasing but it’s difficult to tell.

1.18.jpg1.19.jpg

On Wednesday evening, Robyn took the plunge and christened the cooker by making mac’n’cheese. We all held our breaths, even Robyn, but all was well. No fire. Phew. Mind you, it would have been nice if she’d made some for everyone. That’s what I would have done because, dear Journal, I have gained a new trait of Good! *polishes halo*

1.20.jpg

That’s it for this entry. I’ll write some more when I’m not so tired…zzzzzzzz

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 02:26:56 PM »

Hi @Rhoxi  - are the photos still buggy for you?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Sky Not Blue (Asylum Challenge) 1.1: When It Rains (26-Apr-23)
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2023, 02:42:03 PM »

Nope: they're all fixed. :) Looks like you're off to a good start! Oo, how did you trigger the Good trait for Sky Not Blue? I'm trying to get that trait for Kalanea.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2023, 08:10:36 PM »
Great Start - this is going to be so much fun to read.
I always shy away from the challenges that don't let you control all the Sims . . . but I'm really looking forward to how it goes for your asylum residents.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2023, 01:49:31 AM »
Great Start - this is going to be so much fun to read.
I always shy away from the challenges that don't let you control all the Sims . . . but I'm really looking forward to how it goes for your asylum residents.
It's really hard not left-click on them. I have to remember to right-click to move the camera to them. Mind you, with only one to control and no work tasks, the days go really quickly. Sky Not Blue only has 10 weeks on Normal lifespan so I think it will be a short challenge.
I do enjoy seeing how the non-controlled Residents interact with each other without my interference.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023, 02:04:08 AM »

Nope: they're all fixed. :) Looks like you're off to a good start! Oo, how did you trigger the Good trait for Sky Not Blue? I'm trying to get that trait for Kalanea.
Sky Not Blue has been: trying to calm people down; fixing things; introducing herself to lots of people; building her Charisma (compliments, flattery); cooking with others. Not sure which netted the Good trait. Maybe linked to reputation?
I hope Kalanea gets it. Mind you, she's got eternity to try ;)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023, 04:40:28 AM »
In the Growing Together thread, someone has linked a spreadsheet that shows how to trigger self-discoveries for various traits.  They are still figuring out what things can trigger what traits, it's far from complete.
As far as replacing Erratic with a positive trait?  Well... if you trigger a trait that is incompatible with one you have, you'll get the option to replace it.  But is anything incompatible with Erratic?  I have had a lazy sim swap for Active though.  He kept autonomously using the exercise equipment.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2023, 04:48:57 AM »
In the Growing Together thread, someone has linked a spreadsheet that shows how to trigger self-discoveries for various traits.  They are still figuring out what things can trigger what traits, it's far from complete.
As far as replacing Erratic with a positive trait?  Well... if you trigger a trait that is incompatible with one you have, you'll get the option to replace it.  But is anything incompatible with Erratic?  I have had a lazy sim swap for Active though.  He kept autonomously using the exercise equipment.
Thanks @Brian_Z that's helpful - we're all on a learning curve :)