Author Topic: The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)  (Read 9535 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)
« on: April 24, 2023, 06:59:39 AM »
The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

We're putting a fresh coat of paint on the 2020 Townie Baby Boomer. This time you will play townie households alphabetically; as the title suggests, Infants also take center stage. You'll rush to acquire all their new milestones for a solid score.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create one Sim and place your Sim on any lot. Immediately go to Manage Worlds and then to Manage Households. Select the household you created, and delete that household (trash can). Then select any townie household and begin playing.
  • Order of play must be alphabetically based on the female's first name.
  • Each household can only be played once; you can't return to it when you leave it.
  • Only one Science Baby choice and one adoption are allowed per household. If a Science baby choice results in twins, etc., you may count all in your score.
  • Only Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims can be moved out. You must immediately put them in any home (no empty lots), but you do not need to play that household immediately. Manage Households is allowed to move Young Adult, Adult, and Elder sims between households. Each Sim can only move once. Pets can't be moved.
  • If you want to move a Sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household. The only exception is a Sim that is a teen when you play the household and ages up after you move to another household - you can use Manage Households to move that Sim out after (s)he ages up to YA even if you already played their original household.
  • No early aging-up of any Sims.
  • The Challenge ends Week 4, Day 1, 8:00 a.m.

Scoring

Super Mom. Receive 1 point for each mom's new Infant (pregnancy, Science, and/or adoption) that joins the family while playing the household.

IM (Infant Milestones). Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00. For every different Infant Milestone you attain across all households (there is 37 total), add 1% to your multiplier. 

Total. Multiply your Super Mom score with the Infant Milestones multiplier for your total. 

Here's an example:

You pause your game at Week 4, Day 1, 8 a.m. Looking at your notes (you'll be playing many households, so document your progress), you played 13 different households. Your 13 females added 22 newborns (pregnancy/Science/adoption) to their respective households.

Across your 13 households, you also attained 27 different Infant Milestones.

22 X 1.27 = 27.94

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show member groups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Super Mom     IM       Total
Elinoee931.32122.76
SueDenim901.36122.40
mismck871.28111
Vesper851.30110
Teresa671.3791
Eighty8Keys641.3385
Metropolis Man591.3076
sone391.2247
Nandarelle--1.00DNF

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 05:09:54 PM »
Is it unique milestones or just milestones?  In other words, is there a cap at 31 for milestones?

If I understand the moving restriction, I can pick the Caliente household, move Katrina and Nina out to two separate houses.  Play with Dina as mom. Then later when I get to the Ks, make Katrina the mom, then later at the N's, Nina?

Can I choose any mom, so long as it is later in the alphabet than the previous one?  (So if I'm feeling a bit defeatist - start with Nancy Landgraab, then choose Zoe Patel and call it a day?)

Are nannies/butlers allowed if the family can afford them?

Can the other adults/teens/kids help with the infants?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 05:25:51 PM »
Is it unique milestones or just milestones?  In other words, is there a cap at 31 for milestones?

It's unique Infant milestones. There are only 31, so that's the cap. No one would be able to get more than a 1.31 multiplier.

If I understand the moving restriction, I can pick the Caliente household, move Katrina and Nina out to two separate houses.  Play with Dina as mom. Then later when I get to the Ks, make Katrina the mom, then later at the N's, Nina?

Yep.

Can I choose any mom, so long as it is later in the alphabet than the previous one?  (So if I'm feeling a bit defeatist - start with Nancy Landgraab, then choose Zoe Patel and call it a day?)

You would never do that! Lol. Maybe I would, but not a good player. ;) But, yes to your above example.

Are nannies/butlers allowed if the family can afford them?

Sure.

Can the other adults/teens/kids help with the infants?

Yep.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 12:58:36 PM »
Actually there are 37 different infant milestones. If you're playing on normal lifespan it's unlikely that a player would get all, but it could happen.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 01:25:26 PM »
Actually there are 37 different infant milestones. If you're playing on normal lifespan it's unlikely that a player would get all, but it could happen.

Thanks, Marian. The source I looked at for the 31 number must be a little outdated. Or more were added. Either way, I will update the first post.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 02:47:50 PM »
Are just female sims eligible or can we include NB sims (e.g. Jay Robles)? Asking as some NB humans identify as both female and male, and best practice is to go for inclusive rather than exclusive categorisations. But understand that gender classification might work differently for sims.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 03:54:28 PM »
Are just female sims eligible or can we include NB sims (e.g. Jay Robles)? Asking as some NB humans identify as both female and male, and best practice is to go for inclusive rather than exclusive categorisations. But understand that gender classification might work differently for sims.

Good question, and something that never occurred to me, to be honest. Given the title of the challenge, I would lean towards female Sims only. But let me ask the team.

EDIT: Perhaps the simplest thing would just be to allow the player to do whatever they want -- choosing females and NB Sims as mothers. I am assuming there are not many NB Sims anyway?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 04:58:03 PM »
Thanks Metro, I think there is only Jay and perhaps someone in High School Years so including them won't make masses of difference to the numbers.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 07:26:19 PM »
Thanks Metro, I think there is only Jay and perhaps someone in High School Years so including them won't make masses of difference to the numbers.

Yep, the team okayed any NB Sim as being a mom.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 04:19:02 PM »
A minor clarification/change:

Super Mom. Receive 1 point for each mom's newborn (pregnancy, Science, and/or adoption) before moving to a new household.

This is changed to:

Super Mom. Receive 1 point for each mom's new Infant (pregnancy, Science, and/or adoption) before moving to a new household.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 01:49:35 PM »
I'm going to ask this here - because I'm still unsure.

I get to Jesminder Bheeda at the middle of the second week.  By this time, the baby she is pregnant with at beginning of game is a toddler.  I do one adoption (infant), one science baby, and start a second pregnancy. I play this family for about a day. Then I move on to Judith Ward.

kidbeginning of gameplaying (week 2-ish)end of game
unborn baby bheedanot born yettoddlerchild
adopted infantN/Ainfanttoddler
science babyN/Anewborntoddler
new pregnancyN/Anot born yetinfant

How do I score this mom?
Is it 4 (she has 4 kids now that didn't exist at the beginning of the game)?
Is it 1 (because I only actually played with 1 infant - the rest were in other life stages when I was playing)?
Is it 3 (because those are the only ones I was directly involved in)?

-----
Similar question for a pregnancy, science baby, or newborn on the final day that doesn't make it to infant before the cutoff?  Do those count?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023, 02:04:50 PM »
I'm going to ask this here - because I'm still unsure.

I get to Jesminder Bheeda at the middle of the second week.  By this time, the baby she is pregnant with at beginning of game is a toddler.  I do one adoption (infant), one science baby, and start a second pregnancy. I play this family for about a day. Then I move on to Judith Ward.

kidbeginning of gameplaying (week 2-ish)end of game
unborn baby bheedanot born yettoddlerchild
adopted infantN/Ainfanttoddler
science babyN/Anewborntoddler
new pregnancyN/Anot born yetinfant

How do I score this mom?
Is it 4 (she has 4 kids now that didn't exist at the beginning of the game)?
Is it 1 (because I only actually played with 1 infant - the rest were in other life stages when I was playing)?
Is it 3 (because those are the only ones I was directly involved in)?

-----
Similar question for a pregnancy, science baby, or newborn on the final day that doesn't make it to infant before the cutoff?  Do those count?

Excellent question, and I can see the team may still need to clarify things. :) IMO, it does not matter what is going on pregnancy-wise/birth-wise in a townie home if you are not involved directly. You would only score for new Infants you made happen (pregnancy, Science, and/or adoption). I'll seek team feedback today.

------------

EDIT: Okay, @SueDenim -- we rephrased the Super Mom description to...

Super Mom. Receive 1 point for each mom's new Infant (pregnancy, Science, and/or adoption) that joins the family while playing the household.

Is this more clear? So, in your example, you would score 1 point.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 12:59:18 PM »
Thank you!

Also, for anyone reading.  If you haven't played with an infant yet, I would highly advise trying at least once before the challenge - this is one you probably don't want to "just wing it."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2023, 01:51:11 PM »
Thank you!

Also, for anyone reading.  If you haven't played with an infant yet, I would highly advise trying at least once before the challenge - this is one you probably don't want to "just wing it."

*gasps* Are you looking at me, @SueDenim ? Lol. ;) But seriously, thanks for the tip to everyone.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 02:14:30 PM »
For this particular challenge, is the new expansion banned content per the rule:

'Any new Expansion or Game Pack content (less than 30 days before a Tournament challenge goes live) must be disabled before starting your scoring file. If there have been at least 30 days after an Expansion or Game Pack, then you are free to use it (unless a specific ruleset says otherwise).'

Or is it good to go? Its right on the cusp of being 30 days.

anything