Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 39345 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.03.5 Rose Ceremony #1 (5/31/24)
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2024, 11:37:37 PM »
I loved learning Ivy's impressions of each bachelor in a little more detail.
All six bachelors look so dashing in their formal wear.  How will Ivy ever choose just one!
(LOl, I'm suddenly reminded of the opening theme of "The Highlander" TV show: There can be only one!)

Back to Ivy, couldn't each Rose Ceremony get its own mini-update?
That would be such a treat for your readers as well as a break from all the micro-managing for you, Watcher. :D

Congrats to the five remaining bachelors.
Nathan was quite gracious about being eliminated.  Where does he live now? In Willow Creek?
Great update! (Sorry, Zyaire, but I really, really like Andrew, too!)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2024, 12:03:11 AM »
I loved learning Ivy's impressions of each bachelor in a little more detail.
All six bachelors look so dashing in their formal wear.  How will Ivy ever choose just one!
(LOl, I'm suddenly reminded of the opening theme of "The Highlander" TV show: There can be only one!)

Back to Ivy, couldn't each Rose Ceremony get its own mini-update?
That would be such a treat for your readers as well as a break from all the micro-managing for you, Watcher. :D

Congrats to the five remaining bachelors.
Nathan was quite gracious about being eliminated.  Where does he live now? In Willow Creek?
Great update! (Sorry, Zyaire, but I really, really like Andrew, too!)

The next couple of Rose Ceremonies will get their own min-update - after that, we'll see - with fewer bachelors remaining there won't be as many screenshots to include, both in the Rose Ceremony and in the actual posts - so it might flow better to include them in the regular posts. But going from 5 to 4 and 4 to 3  - those at least I plan to have in mini updates.

Nathan is in Newcrest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2024, 11:46:03 AM »
Aw - called it! Nathan was hardly ever a serious option but it's nice that they can be friends. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Ivy moves on at the end with all 5 hopefuls still in her Simverse. It could be entertaining!

I really enjoyed the Rose ceremony. I might, just might, be taking notes!!!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2024, 12:30:23 PM »
Aw - called it! Nathan was hardly ever a serious option but it's nice that they can be friends. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Ivy moves on at the end with all 5 hopefuls still in her Simverse. It could be entertaining!

I really enjoyed the Rose ceremony. I might, just might, be taking notes!!!

Yes, I was expecting Nathan to be a strong contender, but it just didn't go that way. It wasn't hard to see him leave, but I think it will get more difficult to move guys out as we go on . . . knowing they'll be in the simverse and offspring may yet find their way into the family gives me hope for all of them.

One thing about the Rose Ceremony - at this early stage, the "Offer Rose" interaction isn't available, so I used "Give Romantic Gift" and that gift was a rose she had in inventory. I didn't expect them to give a gift a back, but they all did, and I liked the dynamic of that - in each case, what they gave back was a rose, but then they still had the rose she gave them in their inventory. I thought the interaction would cause her to give them a box, but was pleased to see she actually handed them a single rose.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.04 Round 2, Part 1 (6/2/24)
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2024, 05:53:51 PM »
5.04 Round 2, Part 1

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Ivy and the bachelors spent a day in the Game Room. Ivy played a game with each of the bachelors (randomly assigned and in random order). All other interactions were autonomous. Ivy won some games and lost some games and got to know our bachelors a little bit better. That was followed by 1:1 dates with each of the bachelors. The date activities and locations, as well as their order, were randomly assigned. By the end of the round, most of the scores were fairly close, but one bachelor lagged behind the others and wasn't able to make up the deficit. In the first Rose Ceremony, Nathan Beck left the mansion and moved to Newcrest, returning to his career as a doctor.

Ivy: After returning from my date with Nathan, I went to get leftovers from the fridge and sat in the dining room to eat. Tyler was already there, and Zyaire joined soon after. I don’t know why I flirted with Zyaire right in front of Tyler, but I suddenly found myself Impressing him with my Video Game Prowess. He responded by talking of Marriage, and Tyler responded by adding the Jealous trait. I guess it was inevitable that it would eventually happen with someone. I wonder if he’ll be the only one?

At the Rose Ceremony we said goodbye to Nathan. We arrived at the Via Romanza Rec Center around 10 am, giving us plenty of time for the day’s activities and flirties. This would be a fun and relaxing day. Or so I thought.

Ivy: My first activity was a Don’t Wake the Llama rematch with Zyaire. This was my chance to even the score. But, it didn’t turn out that way. Still, it was fun. And Zyaire is a good sport. After what happened with Tyler, I decided to keep the activities just friendly, and then once they were done I could pay more attention to who was in the room when I acted on my flirties - I wanted to try to catch each guy alone to prevent more jealousy.

Ivy: My second activity was to play cards with Andrew. I moved to a different table while Watcher called him over. But before we could even get started, Zyaire sat down at the table, talking to me.

Watcher canceled Zyaire’s action, but he just pulled out cards and joined our game! He was grinning the whole time, and I couldn’t get mad at him. Watcher canceled him again and sent him off to practice yoga.

Ivy: My next activity was Sabacc with Henry. Watcher called him in from another room, but while he was changing the game to Sabacc, I queued up an autonomous Kiss with Chris, who had been dancing nearby but just left the room. I caught up to him just before he went upstairs.

Ivy: I’m not very good at Sabacc either I guess, because I lost again. It’s too bad Watcher missed the shot of Henry raking in all the chips.

Ivy: Next was my only activity away from the game tables - the sauna with Chris. I considered doing my flirties with him then and there since we were the only ones in the sauna, but decided to stick to my original plan since doing them now would put them out of their intended random order. Looking back, I wish I’d made a different decision, because this one just led to more jealousy.

Ivy: My last activity was to make a puzzle with Tyler. It was convenient that he was last, because for flirties, he was first. But, look who was hanging around keeping an eye on us. I wanted to flirt without any of the other guys seeing it if possible, but there always seemed to be one right there in the room. This could be tricky.

Ivy: Just as we finished the puzzle, Zyaire left the room. Perfect! I could Flirt with Tyler and Blow a Kiss to him in relative safety. He got up rather abruptly after that, but then I realized he was hungry and wanted to Grab a Plate of something someone had grilled.

Ivy: Luck was with me, because just then, Andrew came and sat down. It was lucky because he was next in line for flirties. I flirted with him and Blew him a Kiss, and just then, he discovered that he likes flirtation, and I discovered that I’m a Romantic. Hmmmm . . . will this new trait of mine be helpful or harmful . . . . ?

Ivy: Zyaire was next on my list. I found him upstairs. He wasn’t alone in the room, but none of the other bachelors were there, so I queued up my Flirt and Blow a Kiss actions. And he walked away and went downstairs! I followed him to the dining room, which was full of Sims. He started talking to them and ignored my attempts to flirt with him. I called on Watcher for help and she directed us to another room, but again he ignored my attempts to flirt and went back to the dining room!

Ivy: I temporarily gave up on Zyaire because we were running out of time and Chris was in a nearby room alone. So I decided to flirt with him first even though it was out of order. I should have just flirted with Chris in the sauna. When I went into the room to flirt with Chris, I had to wait a bit while he played his video game. And then, for reasons unknown to me, I went back into the dining room, which was thankfully empty by then, and Flirted and Blew a Kiss over a half wall and through the back of the desk! Not sure how that worked, but it disrupted his gaming and caused him to queue up a Dancing action. And I queued an autonomous Kiss with Zyaire. I went to kiss Zyaire, and found him near the stereo that Chris was heading for, but Chris came in, saw us kissing and just started dancing. He wasn’t bothered by it at all. What a relief!

Ivy: Zyaire went off for a Disco Nap, so I went out to the grill where Henry was cleaning up dirty plates and Flirted and Blew a Kiss at him. But this interrupted his cleaning up, and he was too uncomfortable with the dirty food plates for any follow-up. I helped him clean up the dirty plates and then went looking for Zyaire.

Ivy: Zyaire was just waking up from his nap in the room adjacent to where Chris was dancing. I thought we’d be fine there since Chris had his back to us, but he turned just as I was Blowing a Kiss at Zyaire, and this gave him the Jealous trait! I’m not sure why us actually kissing didn’t make him jealous but me blowing a kiss from a few feet away did. Maybe it was too much too fast. So now we have two Jealous bachelors. And it was time to go home. Frankly, I was exhausted and just wanted a nice long soak in the tub.

When we got home I decided to invite all the bachelors and Anna to the Sandoval Club. Rallying the Troops would be so much easier than constantly casting CopyPasto on Potions of Plentiful Needs and making sure everyone drank them when they needed to. Then we spent three hours welcoming each other to the Club. I thought I should just let that happen now so it wouldn’t keep interrupting us later. By the time everyone started heading inside, the sun was up and it was nearly time to start the new day’s activities. So much for my long, hot soak, but at least we could Rally the Troops!

Ivy: I stopped to get the mail on the way in, and Zyaire came back down from where he was playing piano and back outside to Kiss me. It surprised me, and I quickly looked around and was glad to see that no one else was still outside. Watcher must have sent them all off to take showers and get ready for the day.

Ivy: Watcher locked us all in the Arts and Music Room at 8 am, with the promise to unlock the door for each of us as soon as we completed an autonomous Creative Activity. There were no Watcher-directed actions allowed. I kicked it off by singing. Well, it appeared at first to just be singing, but actually, I was Serenading Zyaire. I’m not sure that was smart in such a small room with everyone there. I wonder if Watcher would have stopped me if she’d realized I wasn’t just singing.

Ivy: Chris was the first to pick up a guitar, followed by Andrew. They were both new to the guitar, so they didn’t sound great.

Ivy: But when Zyaire came over to Kiss me on the cheek after the Serenade, I was glad their backs were turned. Tyler was painting by then, and Henry was rocking, so their backs were to us as well. Jealousy averted for the moment!

Ivy: The door was unlocked for Chris and Andrew as soon as they finished their guitar playing, but they didn’t leave. Instead Chris started a Cross-Stitch and Andrew sat at the Pipe Organ. I thought Zyaire was going to play guitar, but he chose singing instead. Was he trying to support the impression that what I did was just singing as well?

Ivy: I thought Henry would pick up a Cross-stitch from the basket near his rocker, but instead he went and picked up a guitar. He didn’t have any previous guitar experience either, but by then we were all used to the sounds of beginning guitarists.

Ivy: As soon as Henry got up, Zyaire took the rocker and just kept looking at me. I pretended like I didn’t notice, but he just didn’t stop. I hope no one else noticed.

Ivy: By this time the room was unlocked for everyone. Andrew was the first to leave to go work out. Then Henry and Zyaire went out. Tyler, Chris and I chatted a bit longer while Chris worked on a Cross-stitch, and then we all went to get ready for the Romance Festival.

Ivy: Romance Festival, here we come!
(L to R: Henry Banwell, Tyler Larkin, Ivy Sandoval, Andrew Cruz, Zyaire Mistura, Christopher Steel)

Watcher's Note:
There was a request to add Traits and Likes/Dislikes to each post for easy reference, so I've added that in the spoiler below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2024, 06:51:15 PM »
Another fantastic update, Watcher!

Ooooh, the bachelors are self-discover the Jealous trait!  What pandemonium!
I giggled at how Ivy became about trying to do her flirties with each bachelor without the others witnessing it.  Very sneaky.
Ivy's gonna need her own "Flirt Room" with a lockable door where she can take her bachelors one at a time for the flirties, lol.
Can't wait to see how the Jealous trait plays out in future activities.

I literally laughed out loud at what a trouble-maker Zyaire has become.

The bachelors' persistent love of cross-stitching amazes me. Henry looks great playing the guitar!
Lucky Henry! He's maxed out for self-discovery so will never get the Jealous trait. 
How sad that the dirty dishes made him too uncomfortable to enjoy flirting with Ivy.  What a sensitive, nice guy! And he's such a cutie, too!

The game is so weird! Chris is too "at one with gaming" to let Ivy flirt with him, until she goes to the next room and does her flirties through a wall.
That really got his attention, I guess.

I'm curious whether Chris's Great Kisser trait  makes sims around him more attracted to him or if the trait mainly functions to boost Chris's Charisma whenever he kisses.
(Ivy does seem to enjoy kissing Chris.) Speaking of kissing, Chris is SUCH a gentleman!
He gets alone time with Ivy in the sauna but doesn't initiate any hanky-panky? Get that sim a halo!

Eagerly anticipating the gang's visit to the Romance Festival and more.

Also, thanks so much for adding each sim's traits and preferences. I really enjoyed reading through them.
May we assume that only traits/preferences to the right of a "+" sign were acquired after arriving at Ivy's challenge?
Wait, what? Nobody "Likes Cross-Stitch"?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.04 Round 2, Part 1 (6/2/24)
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2024, 08:59:59 PM »
I'm curious whether Chris's Great Kisser trait  makes sims around him more attracted to him or if the trait mainly functions to boost Chris's Charisma whenever he kisses.

May we assume that only traits/preferences to the right of a "+" sign were acquired after arriving at Ivy's challenge?
Wait, what? Nobody "Likes Cross-Stitch"?

I haven't seen any difference in moodlets for Ivy due to Chris's Great Kisser trait - I did some research on it and I didn't find anything indicating there would be. That's why I didn't feel bad cheating that reward trait. I couldn't NOT add it since it didn't give him an advantage and it was such an important part of his Sims 3 persona. In Sims 3, it impacted moodlets for him and the Sims he kissed, and gave him options he wouldn't otherwise have.  See Sims 3 Great Kisser for more info.

Yes, any "+" for Ivy means she acquired it after the bachelors moved into the mansion.

I even checked to see if Cross-Stitch was included in the Activity section for Likes/Dislikes. It is, but no one has acquired it. It's surprising, given how popular it is.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.05 Round 2, Part 2 (6/3/24)
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2024, 10:10:34 PM »
5.05 Round 2, Part 2

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

After the first Rose Ceremony, Ivy and the remaining bachelors spent the day at the Via Romanza Rec Center playing games and sharing a little romance. Tyler added the Jealous Trait before the outing, and Chris added it as the outing ended. We can expect a little more drama in the mansion. The following day was spent in the Arts and Music room. Watcher locked everyone in with a promise to unlock the door for each bachelor as they completed an autonomous creative activity. The door would be unlocked for Ivy when it was unlocked for the last bachelor. Fortunately the flirty activities in the room didn't cause any jealousy, and all the bachelors completed their creative activities in time for the Romance Festival.

Ivy: We arrived at the Romance Festival with happy hearts and high expectations of positive insight from the Romance Guru. My equal-opportunity-flirties were to kiss and slow dance with each of the bachelors. There wasn’t any way to keep the dancing secret, but I planned to be as discreet as possible about the kissing. Henry and I danced first, getting the evening off to a great start. The kissing came later, but I’m sharing the images together because there’s just so much to tell you.

Ivy: While Henry and I danced, Zyaire and Chris consulted the Romance Guru.
Zyaire: I think the Guru is a quack. He may be right about Chris, but no way he’s right about me.
Chris: "Exactly! Wait . . . What??? You think my romantic destiny is bleak? Zyaire! Why?"
Zyaire (shaking his head): "She's gonna be mine, Dude. I don't know what else to tell you"

Ivy: My next dance was with Chris, and I thought that might boost his spirits after what the Guru said. And Zyaire hadn’t helped matters.

Henry: “So, who pooped in your cereal bowl? I think you’re just having a bad day. No need to take it out on us!”

Ivy: Andrew and I danced next. I was actually having a very fun night. I’m surprised the powers that be in the Simverse haven’t yet asked if I like dancing. But if they do ask, for the record, the answer is yes.

Tyler: “Aw, well, thanks, but you’re not my type.”

Ivy: Of course Zyaire’s a great dancer. I’m pretty sure the Simverse recognizes that he likes dancing. When he dipped me, his arm was so firm around my back that I never feared for even a second that he’d drop me.

Andrew: “I’m sure ‘many moons’ means four more Rose Ceremonies. You could just say that.”

Ivy: Tyler has really improved his dancing. I wonder if he’s been dancing so much at home so that he’ll be a better dancer at times like this.

Ivy: I finally got a chance to consult the Guru for myself. I guess I agree with the life without love thing, but my romantic future is bleak? Oh, please! Is he kidding? Is he nuts? Has he seen the men I came here with? Where’d they get this guy, anyway?

Ivy: I don’t think Chris is having his best night. He said the Pufferfish tasted great. I wonder if Zyaire said something to him about its potential dangers.

Ivy: Things really unraveled when we got home. I went up to the game room for a bit, but then had an urge to talk to Andrew down in the gym. So I headed down the stairs. As I opened the door to the gym, I noticed that my queued activity changed from chatting with Andrew to a group chat that included Zyaire, and then Chris’s name was added. They both joined us just as Andrew and I started talking. But then Zyaire said something flirty, Andrew added the Jealous trait and Chris just lost it!

Ivy: Chris actually slapped me! Several times! Watcher was so shocked she didn’t even get a picture of it. As if that wasn’t enough, Chris proceeded to chew me out for being flirted with by Zyaire. Is he serious?? Okay, I know he had a bad night, but he really hurt me. Not my face so much, he didn’t slap that hard, but he really hurt my feelings. And I don’t know if I can ever forgive him. He went to calm himself in the mirror, which was a smart move, but the damage was done. I know I have a solo date coming with him, and I’m thankful he’s last this time.

Ivy: My daytime date the next day was with Tyler at the Oasis Springs Water Park. It was a bright, sunny day, and I never thought once about the bleak events of the previous night. We swam for a bit and then relaxed in the hot tub. The flirties for this round are Make a Move, Sweet Talk, Slow Dance, Kiss. Sometimes I initiated them, but sometimes he did. The hot tub was perfect for Make a Move and Sweet Talk.

When Tyler got out of the hot tub to go swim for a bit, I thought I’d go find a speaker for dancing. But he bee-lined right back to me for an autonomous Kiss my Neck. We went and found the speaker together and enjoyed a quick dance. We were interrupted by some kids running through us (yes, literally, right through us - not sure how they did it, but it was enough to kill the dancing mood). We headed off to play in the water, where a directed kiss was followed by an autonomous one. Overall, it was a great date!

Ivy: My evening date that day was with Henry. We went to Pepper’s Pub Reno in Britechester. When we arrived Henry suggested Ping Pong, and proceeded to trounce me at it. I didn’t mind really and he got a new personality trait - Ambitious. We went downstairs and found a place to sit together where he Made a Move, but then immediately got up to polish a table to perfection. I guess it was his Neat Trait showing itself. I picked up a guitar and played a bit, and he came and watched, but just as I finished, he went next door to talk to some guy. So I went back upstairs and got a book, and soon he came up also, apparently led by his Romantic Trait.

Ivy: He came into the room where I was and immediately serenaded me. I couldn’t help but kiss him on the cheek. Then I sweet talked him and we went up to the top floor to dance. After our directed kiss and a little more chatting, Henry surprised me with a Passionate Kiss. I complimented him, and then it was time to go home. The evening went by so quickly. There were more autonomous flirty actions, but I can’t tell you about them all. If I do, you might be able to figure out scores. 😉

When we got home, I went up to the game room and Chris was there. He offered me a Smooth Apology, which I accepted and I briefly held hands with him. But then I had an urge to kiss Henry, so I went back downstairs and kissed him on the cheek. Then I got some rest before my next date in the morning.

Ivy: I only had one date on Monday because we had a group outing in the evening to the Humor and Hijinks Festival. Andrew and I went to the Celebration Center in San Sequoia. The facility had been updated since the last time we were there, and Watcher had also added a dance area and a sauna. Andrew and I started our date with games - first Simbles and then Hopscotch. It was light-hearted and fun. When we sat for a moment for the directed Make A Move, it wasn’t awkward exactly, but it wasn't as relaxed as our previous encounters. I tickled him mercilessly and I think that loosened him up a little, but our romantic attraction had decreased some when he became jealous, and we needed time to find our way back.

Ivy: Andrew went in to get a drink and I followed him. Since Nathan left, Andrew had become my soccer juggling buddy, and it seemed to have a positive effect on us, so we juggled a bit in the kitchen. We heard the DJ out on the patio and went out for our slow dance together. Afterwards, Andrew gave me a hearty embrace, and suggested a relaxing sauna. It was a good place for Sweet Talk, but for whatever reason, we weren’t comfortable kissing in there. We both left the sauna and went into the gym, in our towels, to have our directed Kiss before heading home to get the others for the festival.

Ivy: We all went together to the Humor and Hijinks Festival. Right after we got there I had the urge to SerenadeTyler. We all joined the Jokesters. I think Watcher thought we had a better shot at winning if we were all on the same team. I’m not sure why she cared. How many microphones and fireworks do we really need?  I was glad to see that Chris was able to be silly. He’s had a rough time lately and even though I still have a grudge against him, his apology helped with my hurt feelings and I don’t have that sentiment anymore. Henry wanted to try the bubble blower, and I wonder if that made him more susceptible to Chris’s silliness?

Ivy: My first date on Tuesday was at Waterside Warble with Zyaire. I guess our Game Day had a lasting impact because everyone seems to want to start with games. With Zyaire it was foosball. After one game I coaxed him down to the Karaoke machine. We had fun singing our duet. Afterwards, I Sweet Talked him and he autonomously kissed me on the cheek. Of course everyone watched us when we danced because he’s so smooth on the dance floor.

We headed back upstairs where we could sit together and chat and then have our directed Kiss shortly before time to leave. I admit we were a little late leaving. I wasn’t dreading my last date, but I wasn’t exactly looking forward to it either.

Ivy: Watcher had scheduled an hour between the end of one date and the beginning of the next, so even though Zyaire and I were a little late ending our date, Chris and I left on time for The Bluffs Music Festival. The name was misleading; there was no one there, no one tending bar, no entertainers, no vendors, no one but us. So we both called people we knew and invited them to the lot. I hired a guitar busker and a food vendor, and Chris hired a bartender. When the guitar busker arrived Chris went up on the stage, so I followed him. I thought we were going to watch the guitarist, but he pulled out a soccer ball. Was he using it to make peace with me? I didn’t really feel like playing; I wanted to watch the guitarist. If you think she looks familiar, you’re right. She’s my Great Grandmother Rose Sandoval. When she finished her set, Watcher added a DJ Booth and I hired a DJ. Chris and I couldn’t have our slow dance to the guitar, so we needed another music source.

Ivy: We went through all the actions: Slow Dance, Make a Move, Sweet Talk, Kiss. But it really did feel like we were just going through the motions. Chris seemed really unsure of himself, and I felt really unsure of us. Still, our pink bar was rising, we were at Lovebirds status, and we have amazing compatibility, so all is not lost.

Watcher's Note:
The updated Celebration Center is by maping1315. It's an updated version of the original by LilSimsie.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2024, 10:58:36 PM »
Wow, Christopher Steel is really having a rough time!
First, he acquires a Fear of Death from eating Pufferfish nigiri at the Romance Festival (hey, even Zyaire wouldn't joke about death!) then after arriving back home, he gets enraged and slaps Ivy.
I hadn't envisioned the Jealous trait making such a big appearance in the bachelors' behavior.  But, I guess, Chris was already feeling low that evening.
I've never played the Jealous trait in a group context, so I'd like to ask: how does it affects two sims' relationship.
Does it actually lower the romance bar (even in the absence of fighting)?
Do romance socials have a lower success rate?  Will Christopher ever recover his lost ground?

In comparison to the awkwardness of group activities, Ivy really seems to enjoy the solo dates. And she doesn't need to sneak around, looking over her shoulder, either.
Best wishes to you, Ivy, as you navigate the perilous paths of your contenders' fragile egos...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2024, 11:39:31 PM »
When Tyler, Chris and Andrew acquired the Jealous trait, their pink bars were reduced immediately. Not by a lot - the level of their relationship didn't go down (by level I mean the designator of Romantic Interest, Lovebirds, etc.). I haven't seen any socials fail, and they still initiate autonomous friendly and flirty interactions with each other.  Without question, Chris can recover his ground, if he doesn't freak out again and given enough time. But in this context, will he have enough time?

I've played the Serial Romantic aspiration where the Sim has had a strong romantic relationship with 3 Sims at once, but this is so different - a romantic relationship with 5 Sims at once, all living in the same house. I'm so glad I included this challenge - it is really so fun to play.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2024, 05:28:26 AM »
Oh Chris! That slap was uncalled for! I'm not sure there's ever a way back from that. I'm guessing Chris will be the next one out, amazing compatibility or not!

I'm still #teamHenry - all the way!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2024, 02:16:17 PM »
Oh Chris! That slap was uncalled for! I'm not sure there's ever a way back from that. I'm guessing Chris will be the next one out, amazing compatibility or not!

The timing of Chris's bad behavior was unfortunate for him. Especially with everything at once - he became jealous, got negative feedback from the Guru, added the Fear of Death, and the attacked Ivy twice - first physically (slapping her) and then verbally (chewing her out). And it all happened with only 1 solo date before the next elimination. Maybe the stress of it all just got to him.

I do wonder what caused his reaction - Tyler was the first to become Jealous, and he has not exhibited any negative behavior at all over it, even though Ivy had had flirty interactions with other men in the room. Andrew just acquired the trait, so he hasn't had much time, but he hasn't exhibited any negative behavior either.

Regarding #teamHenry - 2 things I will say:
1) He is in the top 2 right now in score, along with Zyaire, although the top 4 are all very close in scores (but there are no ties).
2) Of the five remaining right now, three have acquired the Jealous trait. Henry has not, and can not, as he has already maxed his discoverable traits (Cheerful, Insider, Ambitious). Zyaire has not but still could as he has only added one discoverable trait (Cheerful).

I'm fine with what's happening at the next Rose Ceremony, but after this one, it's going to be very difficult. But "bigamist" is just not in the cards for Ivy. In the end, there can be only 1.

(You mentioned maybe taking notes . . . do it!! This is so much fun to play!)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2024, 02:21:06 AM »

The timing of Chris's bad behavior was unfortunate for him. Especially with everything at once - he became jealous, got negative feedback from the Guru, added the Fear of Death, and the attacked Ivy twice - first physically (slapping her) and then verbally (chewing her out). And it all happened with only 1 solo date before the next elimination. Maybe the stress of it all just got to him.

I do wonder what caused his reaction - Tyler was the first to become Jealous, and he has not exhibited any negative behavior at all over it, even though Ivy had had flirty interactions with other men in the room. Andrew just acquired the trait, so he hasn't had much time, but he hasn't exhibited any negative behavior either.

Regarding #teamHenry - 2 things I will say:
1) He is in the top 2 right now in score, along with Zyaire, although the top 4 are all very close in scores (but there are no ties).
2) Of the five remaining right now, three have acquired the Jealous trait. Henry has not, and can not, as he has already maxed his discoverable traits (Cheerful, Insider, Ambitious). Zyaire has not but still could as he has only added one discoverable trait (Cheerful).

I'm fine with what's happening at the next Rose Ceremony, but after this one, it's going to be very difficult. But "bigamist" is just not in the cards for Ivy. In the end, there can be only 1.

(You mentioned maybe taking notes . . . do it!! This is so much fun to play!)
I am so nervous about the autonomy actions. So often, I automatically cancel unhelpful actions. I managed it in my asylum challenge so it is possible. That didn't require all the monitoring of everyone's whims though... :o

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2024, 11:03:23 AM »
I am so nervous about the autonomy actions. So often, I automatically cancel unhelpful actions. I managed it in my asylum challenge so it is possible. That didn't require all the monitoring of everyone's whims though... :o
I purposely didn't put a time limit on the wants until I saw how easy/difficult that would be. Mostly they get wants to listen to certain types of music, so that's easy. Andrew has been the most difficult - he always wants to get into a committed relationship, go volunteering, help a child with homework, things like that, so he gets more want potions than anyone. I typically do one round of wants per day and I try to do them one right after another and then I don't worry about them until the next day. I was hoping the wants would be more diverse and would be for more flirty actions, but there have been very few wants that involved interacting with anyone. I don't find them difficult to deal with, but if I was doing it again, I'd probably leave that out. It's not adding enough to make any difference to scores.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2024, 01:34:16 PM »
I purposely didn't put a time limit on the wants until I saw how easy/difficult that would be. Mostly they get wants to listen to certain types of music, so that's easy. Andrew has been the most difficult - he always wants to get into a committed relationship, go volunteering, help a child with homework, things like that, so he gets more want potions than anyone. I typically do one round of wants per day and I try to do them one right after another and then I don't worry about them until the next day. I was hoping the wants would be more diverse and would be for more flirty actions, but there have been very few wants that involved interacting with anyone. I don't find them difficult to deal with, but if I was doing it again, I'd probably leave that out. It's not adding enough to make any difference to scores.

How fascinating the the wants of the individual bachelors have turned out to not vary much, except for Andrew's unfullfillable ones.