Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 40023 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.04 Double Wedding (3/31/24)
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2024, 02:51:02 PM »
4.04 Double Wedding

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Oliver and Nylah went to the Romance Festival along with Amber and Ayaan. Oliver and Nylah became boyfriend/girlfriend, and Amber and Ayaan did the same, completing their New Year's resolutions. They all got a little tangled up when dancing, and Amber dropped Ayaan when trying to dip him, but they got good news from the Romance guru and overall, the evening was a success. Jason and Jasmine moved to a new ranch lot, taking Ginger, Quincy, the chickens, and three of the four mini animals, leaving room for Nylah and Ayaan to move in with Oliver and Amber. Oliver began unraveling the truth about Jasmine's legacy requirements.

Oliver: Why does Khaleesi keep getting tense from thinking she doesn’t have a ball? We’ve had two balls in the front yard since before she was born. Does she think these were just for Ginger and Quincy and not for her? I call her to play with them almost every day. But she still gets the tense moodlet every couple of days from thinking she doesn't have a ball to play with. It happens even though her fun level is high, and she isn't actually needing to play with a ball to raise it.

Oliver: Nylah took charge of the gardening right away. Jaime, our ranch hand, stayed with us after Mom and Dad moved out, and he helps with the garden as well. Nylah is also befriending the birds and rabbits.

Oliver: Such a beautiful full moon! I don’t know what it is about a full moon, but Nylah and I were out front looking at it, and after a bit, she bumped into me and said, “You know, you’ve never shown me the treehouse.”

Oliver: So I showed her the treehouse.

Oliver: Khaleesi is doing very well in her competitions and training. She’s won a gold medal in the expert level of everything except Endurance Racing, where she’s won a bronze. As soon as her skills get to level 10 I’ll start entering her in the Master level competitions. Meanwhile, she’s training at the arena every day.

Oliver: “Dad, tell me what was going on with Mom before Amber and I were born.”
Jason: “What do you mean?”
Oliver: “I’ve been hearing that Mom was married to other men before you, and that they all died.”
Jason: “Well, there’s truth to that, son. You know your Mom is the third generation Sandoval heir, and she had requirements to meet just like you do.”
Oliver: “What exactly were her requirements?”
Jason: “I think you should talk to her about that.”

Oliver: “Aunt Iris! You’re just the person I need to talk to!”
Iris: “Hey, Oliver. How’s my favorite nephew?”
Oliver: “Confused. I’ve been hearing that Mom was married to other men before Dad!”
Iris (laughing): “Before, after, yeah . . . “
Oliver: “What do you mean ‘after’?”
Iris: “Well, my sister should be telling you this herself, but seeing as she didn’t, and seeing as she stuck me in high school for 12 weeks, let me enlighten you.”
Oliver: “Twelve weeks?! Geez, Amber and I had our fill after 2 days.”
Iris: “As did I, my dear Oliver, as did I. But thanks to your Mom’s Black Widow gambit, and its magical ‘no aging’ I was stuck there with Reed and Rodrigo the whole time she was off on her little ‘I do, you’re dead’ spree. Uncle Clay and Aunt Johanna weren’t thrilled either. They were stuck with 2 babies that whole time.”
Oliver: “Hold on! ‘Black Widow’? ‘I do, you’re dead”? What are you talking about?

Oliver: “Aunt Iris told me all about Mom’s Black Widow requirements. So Mom was first married to Gideon, her highschool sweetheart. Gideon died, and Watcher came and explained that Mom needed to marry 4 more times. Each husband had to die and come back into the household as a ghost before she could marry again. When she had 5 ex-husband ghosts all living with her, then her legacy requirements were done.”
Amber: “Oh, wow! Poor Mom!”
Oliver: “Not just poor Mom! Poor everybody! Her brothers and sister were stuck in high school all that time. Uncle Clay’s twins were babies that whole time. And five men actually died!”
Amber: “So Gideon, Harley and Devon. Who were the other two?”
Oliver: “After Gideon, there was a guy named Tory Brown, then Harley, then Dad!”
Amber: “Dad!? What about Devon?”

Oliver: “Dad was a ranch hand for Devon at the time, and Devon’s wife Camilla and his daughter Chanel had been killed by a crazed rabbit, so Dad made a deal with Devon to be number five in exchange for Mom bringing him, Camilla, and Chanel back to life when it was all done. He picked Devon because he knew Devon was completely in love with Camilla, and wouldn’t really put the moves on Mom. Oh yeah, everyone was really jealous back then. So Devon was the last husband, and once his ghost was back in the household, Mom made Ambrosia to bring the men back, and used her spellcasting to bring Camilla and Chanel back. Then Devon and Camilla got remarried, and Gideon and Chanel got married. Mom helped Tory and Harley find partners, and everyone moved out except Mom and Dad. Then they got remarried and we came along.”
Amber: “Yeah, we came along when all the excitement was over! Are you going to tell Mom we know?”
Oliver: “I have a plan for that. Don’t say anything yet, okay?

Oliver: I never really saw Mom use her magic except for repairing the sinks and cleaning up messes. She gave me a couple of helpful potions, but I sure never knew she was powerful enough to bring someone back from the dead! I think it’s high time I learned more about potions and spells. Jaime doesn’t live on the ranch, and no one is using the apartment in the barn where Dad used to live when he was the ranch hand. So I converted the kitchen into a potion-making room and the bedroom into a wellness area.

Oliver: I took Nylah out for dinner at the Italian restaurant in Tartosa for Love Day. Before we went in, I asked that all-important question I’ve been planning to ask pretty much since the first day I met her. I'm so happy she said yes!

Ayyan: “I want to tell you all that I am here at this pub celebrating Love Day with the love of my life because this is where we met. So it’s only fitting that this be the place, with all of you  as witnesses, that I tell her that I love her completely. And where I ask her a very important question.”

Amber: He proposed! Right there with everyone watching! What if I’d said no? Of course, I would never say no to that question from that man. I wasn’t expecting it just yet, but I’m so happy I can hardly stand it!”

Amber: Graduation is finally here! I’ve enjoyed my time at uni, but I’m also happy to be done. I think I’ll take a week off before getting a job though. I’ve been working hard, getting all A+ grades, and I could use a break.

Nylah: “How did you like growing up as a twin?”
Amber: “I loved it! It meant I always had a friend my age. Oliver and I have always been really close.”
Nylah: “You didn’t feel like you had to share everything, even when you didn’t want to?”
Amber: “No. Maybe because I’m a girl and he’s a boy . . . I don’t know, but we each had our own stuff. I mean, we shared the treehouse and jungle gym and the swings, but for all the little stuff, we had our own. I think we both really liked not feeling alone. Neither of us are loners. We each made our own friends, and then we introduced them to each other, so we both ended up having a lot of friends. Are you thinking you might want to have twins?
Nylah: “I don’t know, but they run in families, right? So it could happen.”

Ayaan: I still have one more day in this term, so when Oliver went into town to get Khaleesi her last training session, I went along to finish studying for my class on Monday. With the wedding this afternoon, hitting the books will be the last thing I’ll want to do tonight. I finished before Oliver and Khaleesi, so I amused myself with a little air guitar.

Oliver: I'm so impressed that Watcher was able to get everyone sitting in their seats for the entire ceremony! Okay, a couple of people did go sit in the aisle, but Watcher immediately moved them. We were able to exchange vows and rings without anyone wandering up to the arch.

Nylah: We're actually married! I'm a Sandoval now, spending my future with the love of my life. I'm so happy!

Amber: Ayaan and I exchanged vows and became husband and wife after Oliver and Nylah. Such a happy day for our family!

Amber: Oliver invited all of Mom’s ex-husbands.  See Devon there in the bright blue jacket behind Nylah?  Grandpa Colin was there as well, in his black shirt and pants and white jacket. And I thought we should invite Xavi Garcia, who was a good friend of Great Grandpa Leo’s. I wonder how Xavi stays so young? See him there next to Ayaan?

Amber: There’s Harley in his white jacket and light gray pants, and Gideon in the light blue jacket behind me. Gideon’s the only one who hasn’t gone gray yet. I guess he’s younger than the others. I hope Mom doesn’t get mad about us inviting all the exes. It seemed like the right thing to do. They were all Sandovals, for a while anyway, and they all parted on good terms. And now Mom will know that we know without us actually having to tell her we know.

Oliver: Nylah and Amber wanted us all to share the floor for the first dance. It felt a little odd with everyone watching us like that, but I think Nylah kind of liked it.

Amber: I was so thankful Ayaan didn’t drop me the way I dropped him at the Romance Festival!

Oliver: The dance floor filled up pretty fast after that. Do you see Tory there in the middle? If you find Amber dancing with Ayaan, that’s Tory standing just beside Ayaan. Ayaan is hard to see because Devon’s wife Camilla is blocking your view of him. Mom didn’t seem to mind that the exes were all there. Watcher does have more wedding pictures, but we’re out of room here, so I’ll just say that everyone had a great time at the reception. And isn’t my wife just beautiful?

Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.03 Romantic Revelations (3/20/24)
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2024, 03:11:37 PM »
What fantastic screenshots of Oliver and Amber's perfect double wedding!
I love the shot of the double first dance, too, especially when Ayaan dips Amber back parallel to the floor!

What a fabulous update to mark the beginning of a new phase in Oliver and Nylah's life together! *sniffle, sniffle
Bring on the babies!!!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2024, 03:20:40 PM »
I think my most favorite part is Nylah. I am partial to that name. Great update

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2024, 02:20:15 AM »
Ah - a double wedding. You ran it so well! My sims always run offand do other stuff, especially if I hold the wedding at home.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.05 Gen Five is Alive! (4/2/24)
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2024, 02:56:08 PM »
4.05 Gen Five is Alive!

Nylah and Ayaan settled in at the ranch, with Nylah taking care of the garden and Ayaan focusing on university. Khaleesi progressed her skills, finally maxing them all and entering Master Level competitions. Oliver pried Jason for information about his mother Jasmine's previous marriages, but Jason deflected. Oliver and Amber's Aunt Iris was more forthcoming, having suffered through high school for many more seasons that is normal thanks to her sister Jasmine's legacy requirements. Oliver and Amber let their mom know of their discovery by inviting all the ex-spouses to the double wedding, which vexed no one, and only added more love and joy. The weddings were beautiful, the guests all remained friends, and a great time was had by all.

Oliver: Khaleesi won gold medals at the Master level for Barrel Racing and Endurance Racing. She’s tried Show Jumping four times now, but despite being level 10 in all skills and having all her needs maxed, she’s only won bronze and silver for that.

Amber: Ayaan and I both got all A+ grades in our classes last term. He has one term left, and then we’ll both get jobs to finish our Academic aspirations and we'll move out.

Oliver: Nylah and I are so excited to have a nooboo on the way!

Amber: I needed to contribute research, so I went to Britechester with Ayaan while he attended a guest lecture. I wasn’t really sure about contributing at Britechester when I graduated from Foxbury, but I think it’s all one big research pool anyway. Ayaan joined me after his guest lecture.  I wonder what topic he picked?
Ayaan: I didn't mention that it was a parenting lecture . . . I'm not sure she's quite as anxious as I am to start a family, so keep it to yourself for now, ok?

Oliver: I’m getting much better at potions! I can now stir hands-free, and I can brew several potions including Nimble Mind, Plentiful Needs and Curse Cleansing. I haven’t actually ever gotten cursed, but I’m glad I can brew that if I ever do need it. I’m almost to Virtuoso rank.

Nylah: I understand why Watcher wants me to be able to cook. I mean, a mom should be able to cook for her family. And I want that. But Watcher had me cooking so much! I’d already made Golden Eggs with Bacon, Taco Casserole, Breakfast Scramble, and Cottage Pie. I needed one more excellent dish for the Chef aspiration, and I wanted to make chocolate scones. But, no, Watcher insisted I make Butter Chicken. And what do you think happened? It was just normal quality, that’s what.  She didn’t trust me because I kept trying to sneak away to work out. She was watching me like a hawk, and didn’t trust that I knew what to make better than she did. She promised I could work out after one more excellent dish, and I told her it was going to be chocolate scones. What do you think happened? Yep! Let me know if you’d like to try one of my excellent chocolate scones.

Nylah: “Amber, I’ve been thinking about what you said about growing up as a twin. I would like to have more than one child, and it would be nice for them to be really close. I’m just not sure about twins . . . I’m afraid it might be overwhelming to have two babies at once. Especially with Oliver so focused on Khaleesi right now, and also on growing his spellcasting abilities.”
Amber: “You know I’m taking this week off after graduating uni before getting a job. I could extend that and be here to help out until the kids are in school if you have twins. Ayaan has another week of uni after this one, so we’d be getting jobs at about the same time.”

Nylah: “Really? You wouldn’t mind?”
Amber: “Not a bit. I’d love it. And I’ve been working on my yoga this week. One more session and I’ll be level 9, which means I could give you a fertility massage to help ensure twins. If you want.”

Nylah: “Amber, we just couldn’t wait until tomorrow. We went to a 24-hour clinic and had an ultrasound. It says we’re having one baby and it’s a boy. But we talked about it, and we really would like to have twins.”
Oliver: “We’d love to have a boy and a girl who would grow up to be as close as we are. Do you think that fertility massage could actually change the number of babies at this point? Wouldn’t it have to be twins from the beginning?”
Amber: “It can, it works best in the third trimester. Your baby is due in 26 hours, so we’ll do the massage about 7:30 this evening. Then you can go back to the clinic for another ultrasound. I’m sure it will tell you two babies, and if they are both boys, you can eat some strawberries to encourage a girl. Don’t worry. It’s going to work out.”

Amber: I need to get my wellness skill up just a bit more so I can give Nylah a fertility massage.

Nylah: It’s really getting hot in the afternoons now that summer is here. I’m enjoying gardening while I still can. Soon I’ll be too busy with the baby . . . or, hopefully, the babies.

Amber: “Just relax, Nylah. Everything is going to work out just the way you want it to.”

Nylah: I want to believe Amber that everything is going to work out, but I had another sonogram after the fertility massage. I’m excited to say we are having twins! But they are both boys. So I’m eating some strawberries to encourage a girl. How many is too many? We really want to have one boy and one girl. Is one strawberry enough? I think I’ll go for two. Would three give us two girls? I wish I knew for sure.

Oliver: It looks like two strawberries was the perfect number! Meet Ivy and Ash, our precious little spellcasters!

Nylah: I’m really disappointed in Watcher. Despite being very bossy about Tummy Time and feedings and who slept in which crib, she didn’t take a single picture of Ash and Ivy as infants! Can you believe that? I guess I should be thankful that she finally got it together and snapped some photos of them on their birthday. Here’s Ivy preparing to blow out her candles.

Oliver: Look at my big boy blowing out those candles. I’m the luckiest dad ever with these two!

Nylah: My first time reading to my children. Aren’t they just the cutest?

Oliver: I love having so much time with kids! Now that Khaleesi has maxed all her skills, I just take her into town in the mornings to compete. She hasn’t gotten another gold level Master medal, but I know she will. We still have our ranch hand Jaime. There isn’t a lot for him to do, but for now I don’t have to do anything other than Khaleesi’s competitions, so I have more time to spend with Ivy and Ash.

Oliver: I really want to get down on the floor to help Ivy, but she doesn’t need help. She’s so smart!

Amber: I found this rocketship kit in the family inventory. Dad would have a fit if he knew I was building this here on the ranch. But there’s not much for me to do with the kids with Oliver and Nylah doting on them every minute, so I decided to work on the Nerd Brain aspiration.

Oliver: Khaleesi and I won a Gold at Master level for Western Pleasure! Now we just need a Gold Master Level for Show Jumping, one additional Gold Master for any type competition, and a Bronze, Silver or Gold in the Ultimate competition, and my aspiration will be complete!

Oliver: Ivy maxed her movement skill playing in the ballpit, and then I read to her to finish off her imagination skill.

Nylah: Ash completed his communication skill socializing with Marshmallow, and then maxed his thinking skill asking me why about everything in the universe.

L to R: Khaleesi, Oliver holding Ash, Amber, Nylah holding Ivy, Ayaan
Oliver: Here’s a final look at the family before the twins age up.

Progress:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.05 Gen Five is Alive!
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2024, 03:35:08 PM »
I'm so surprised that eating only two strawberries changed the boy twins to boy/girl twins.
I'd just assumed it would take more strawberries.  How fantastic that Oliver & Nylah got the boy/girl twins they'd wanted.
And they're so freaking adorable! <3
Also, they seem to be skilling demons, especially Ash (or maybe that's because he was in a lot of the skilling-related screenshots?)

Oh, Amber and Ayaan will be staying on after graduation! How nice for all of them!
It's great to play a generation where the household configuration isn't stipulated by an heir requirement.

A huge congrats to Oliver & Khaleesi for their persistent efforts to win all the required competitions.
Watcher, you have the patience of a saint!  (I would probably have changed aspirations sim-weeks ago!)
Go Oliver! Go Khaleesi! Go Watcher!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.05 Gen Five is Alive!
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2024, 02:45:34 AM »
Khaleesa is so close to achieving her Ultimate. Yay, for her.

Gen 5 is here, yay!

Lots to celebrate - well done Watcher

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.06 Opposite Twins
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2024, 11:54:21 PM »
4.06 Opposite Twins

Khaleesi and Oliver won a total of three Gold Master level Trophies. They just need two more along with a win, place or show in the Ultimate. When Nylah and Oliver decided they wanted twins, a girl and a boy, Amber was right there to help with a fertility massage and a tip about strawberries. Nylah, Oliver and Amber were all on-hand to help the toddlers max their skills, while Ayaan finished up his degree. A little risky woohoo resulted in another baby on the way, this time for Amber and Ayaan.

Nylah: Ash wanted a hamburger cake and blew his candles out first.

Oliver: Ivy chose a strawberry cake. I wonder if she gained her taste for them when Nylah was eating them to promote a girl?

Ivy: The adults were all freaking out about Aunt Amber. Especially Uncle Ayaan! So Ash and I snuck off to play outside.

Amber: We had our baby at the hospital, but you don’t need to see that. Meet Glenn Sandoval-Datta. Even though he’s not an heir, we wanted to honor Great Grandpa Leo's wish and give him a nature name.

Amber: I don’t know where he got that light hair! I wonder if it will get darker as he grows up. I’ll have to ask Ayaan if he had light hair as an infant.

Oliver: Khaleesi and I finally got a Master level Gold medal in Show Jumping! That means we have a Master level Gold in all four competitions now! I don't understand why my aspiration requires 5 Master level Gold medals when there are only 4 different ones, but I’m sure we can get 1 more. Then all that will be left is the Ultimate Challenge. I hope we can get a gold medal for that, but my aspiration only requires that we win at least a third-place bronze.

Nylah: Ivy and Ash seem to like different things. Sure, they played on the jungle gym together on their birthday, but I’ve hardly seen them together since. They’re both in Scouts, but they’re never working on the same badge. I got them to play chess together for the Whiz Kid aspiration, but as soon as those three games were done, one went one way and the other went the other way.

Oliver: Ivy is such a cheerful girl, with an imagination that is always running wild. That treehouse is alternatively her fairyland, a pirate ship, even outer space.

Nylah: Speaking of running wild - Ash is always on the move. Anything with physical activity - he’s there. Sometimes I wonder if that boy ever sits still.

Nylah: Ivy’s imagination dances in the clouds. Sometimes I think she spends half the day, and then half the night, laying on her back, looking up. It is nice that we live out here where there’s a blue sky, white clouds, and bright stars to see. And it’s safe out here, so I don’t mind her sleeping in the treehouse in nice weather.

Nylah: That Ash! He sneaks out every night to ride his bike. He doesn’t want to ride it in front of anyone yet because he’s not fully steady and he doesn’t want anyone to see him fall off. Especially his sister.

Oliver: Ivy is a sweet, creative soul, like her mother. Always drawing, dancing, and playing music.

Nylah: My cowplant finally grew! That completes my Freelance Botanist aspiration! I named him Bucky. He ‘s so much fun to play with, but those teeth look a little treacherous. I wonder if he’s safe to have around the kids?

Ayaan: Happy Graduation to us all! Yes, I know my shoes were an odd choice. Let’s just not talk about that.

Nylah: Oliver and I expect Ivy and Ash to show a high level of responsibility, and they do actually enjoy working on their projects. It’s quite impressive how much they know and how little help they need.

Oliver: Ever since Mom and Dad moved out with Quincy, Ginger, the chickens, and three of the mini-animals, Khaleesi and Marshmallow have been best friends. And now Grimm has come for our fluffy little Marshmallow. Does Khaleesi need some new little animal friends, or will Ivy, Ash and Glenn entertain her well enough?

Oliver: Nylah and I agree on the importance of good manners, and we take turns teaching the twins and encouraging them to use words like “please” and “thank-you”, to greet new acquaintances with a friendly hello, and to set and clear the table properly.

Amber: My little man had his birthday! Aunt Nylah made him a cute monster cake, and he did a pretty good job on the candles.

Amber: Ivy and Ash are both so great with Glenn. He follows them around like a little puppy, and they stop what they’re doing over and over to play with him and make him laugh. He’s going to miss them so much when we move.

Amber: By the end of the day, little Glenn is so tired he can barely listen to a story. I think I’m going miss the kids just as much as Glenn does, and for more than one reason.

Oliver: I was surprised, and I admit also disappointed, when Khaleesi and I didn’t place in our first run at the Ultimate. We have two more chances before my girl will be too old to run since the Ultimate is only available on Saturdays. I just know we can do it. It's a little frustrating to hear "keep training" when all of our skills are maxed. And I always make sure Khaleesi's feeling happy and well-fed and that all her needs are fully met. Maybe I need to make sure mine are as well next time.

Oliver: I got a notice that our grandfather Colin died. He looked great at the wedding, so we weren’t expecting it. It got me concerned about Grandma Rose and Santiago, so I went over after the competition and gave them both a Potion of Rejuvenation to give them more time with us. Or, rather, to give us more time with them.

Ivy: I was the first to finish Scouts!
Ash: Just because I learned to ride a bike and you didn’t! I finished Scouts, too!

Oliver: We have an Animal Ranch Day planned for tomorrow. With Marshmallow gone, we needed more ranch animals. I didn’t realize all the little goats would need immediate milking and the sheep would need to be sheared first thing. It’s a good thing I didn’t put off getting them any longer. Do you think I got too many?

Progress:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2024, 02:10:19 AM »
Oh no, not Marshmallow!
Oliver must really miss Marshmallow. My jaw dropped when I saw how many mini-goats and mini-sheep he got for Rand Animal Day.
What happens after that social event? Does he trade the mini-animals away or send them to his parents?

To Oliver, Khaleesi, and the Jumble Watcher: We are all rooting for your success in the remaining Ultimate competition!!!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2024, 03:26:46 AM »
Wow - maxed skills and not even placed! They're not kidding about it being ultimate. Sending encouraging thoughts for the next attempt

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2024, 11:24:48 AM »
Oh no, not Marshmallow!
Oliver must really miss Marshmallow. My jaw dropped when I saw how many mini-goats and mini-sheep he got for Rand Animal Day.
What happens after that social event? Does he trade the mini-animals away or send them to his parents?

To Oliver, Khaleesi, and the Jumble Watcher: We are all rooting for your success in the remaining Ultimate competition!!!
Yes, Marshmallow - I got about 8 messages that his time was almost up before Grimm came.  😥
Oliver can trade the mini animals away, but probably won't. They are so cute and they are not intrusive at all as far as time goes. Jaime, the ranch hand, doesn't have a lot to do now, so he spends time loving them up, they can eat hay from the trough-things, they don't  have to be fed bottles, but it's really cute to do. Having sheep goes really well with knitting because it's so easy to get colored wool from them. And they bounce. And they're so cute. So we'll probably keep them. Regarding the knitting, I keep trying to get Nylah to knit, but most of the time I get a response to the effect of "Nylah doesn't feel like knitting now" and she won't do it. 😣

Wow - maxed skills and not even placed! They're not kidding about it being ultimate. Sending encouraging thoughts for the next attempt
Thank you! I was really surprised that they didn't at least place. It's the only time they haven't placed in a race; I didn't know it was possible. Khaleesi's motives were all 'Excellent'. Oliver's were all fully green except energy, which was 75% green. Next time I'll make sure both are full excellent/green and see if that helps.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2024, 11:47:28 AM »
That "Nylah doesn't feel like knitting now" is such a mood. I might have literally laughed out loud.

It was quite a shock and totally unfair that Oliver & Khaleesi didn't place in their first Ultimate competition.
I'm sure they're the best contenders in the entire Jumble simverse!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.07 The Ultimate
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2024, 06:48:42 PM »
4.07 The Ultimate

Ash and Ivy left their toddler days behind them as Amber and Ayaan welcomed another Sandoval into the world. Oliver and Khaleesi succeeded in winning five Gold Master-level competitions, but did not place in their first attempt at the Ultimate Competition. Nylah discovered that twins aren’t always as close as Amber and Oliver had been, as Ash and Ivy are nearly complete opposites. One thing they have in common was their love of entertaining little Glenn. The family said goodbye to Marshmallow when Grimm came for him. With a Ranch Animal Day pending, Oliver purchased several new mini animals for the family to dote on.

Oliver: The mini animals were very cooperative at our Ranch Animal Day event. They started out hungry, giving me and our guests ample opportunity to feed them.

Oliver: I was surprised how many adults had never been around little animals. Mostly they took to them easily, although not always as easily as the kids.

Amber: I’m so glad we waited to move. This is such a fun day to be part of.

Oliver: “That’s right, Tiffanie, the event is over here in the barn, not in the house. I never would have guessed you were a teen from your hair, but I do appreciate you telling me that you’re a kleptomaniac before I had a chance to invite you into my house!”

Ash: “I love  you too, Glenn, but you should be hugging the animals, not me!”
Glenn: “They’re too wiggly!”

Ayaan: Amber was right to delay our move. Today was a great time for everyone.

Nylah (muttering to herself) “Enough already, the event is over.”
Male visitor: “Such an amazing specimen of a horse. Truly magnificent!”
Lady with camera: “Just one more picture of this beautiful animal!”

Oliver: I keep finding this same painting. I’ve sold it three times now. It’s shown up on both the easels. I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something.

Nylah: “I heard you mention the paintings. I knew you saw them. But you never said anything.”
Oliver: “I figured if you have something to say, you’ll eventually say it.”
Nylah: “Oliver, don’t you think Khaleesi is lonely with Ginger and Quincy gone?”
Oliver: “Well now she has a lot of new little friends.”
Nylah: “Yes, but they are very little. Don’t you think a dog would be a much better companion?”
Oliver (grinning): “Companion for who?”
Nylah: “For all of us. It is awfully quiet around here when the kids are at school now that Amber, Ayaan, and Glenn have moved out. And really, what’s a ranch without a dog? Maybe if Khaleesi had a canine companion she’d be happier, and if she was happier she might race better. Isn’t the Ultimate coming up again in a few days?”

Oliver: “Do you really think we should start with a puppy? Wouldn’t a mature dog be better for Khaleesi?”

Nylah: “This one is so cute!”
Adoption Guy: “That little lady is Coco. She’s loyal and playful, but she’ll eat you out of house and home. Little glutton, she is.”

Nylah: “Oh, this little guy has very interesting eyes!”
Adoption Guy: “Kodey’s a smart one, for sure, and every bit as loyal as Coco. But Kodey will keep you hopping! He’s always into something. We call him our little troublemaker.”

Oliver: “I really like this one. What can you tell us about her?”
Adoption Guy: “Heidi’s an adventurous one. She likes to run off and explore. Out here on a ranch, that might not be a problem. She’s pretty playful too, great with kids. The staff all like her a lot because she’s independent. She can take herself out to do her business when she needs to.”
Oliver: “Do you think we should wait to decide until Ash and Ivy get home from school?”
Nylah: “No way! I did this while they were gone on purpose. Those two will never agree, and I don’t want to end up with two dogs!”
Oliver: “Should we let Khaleesi decide?”
Nylah: “Don’t be silly. I think independent, playful and adventurous sounds just right for this family. Let’s keep Heidi.”

Ivy: “I'm so glad you came to our Ranch Animal Day, Adrianna! We’re going to be best friends forever!”
Adrianna: “Yes, we will! Now let’s go play with your new puppy!”
Nylah: “Don’t tire her out too much. She has a big day tomorrow. We’re taking her to the vet for a checkup.”

Oliver: “You sign Heidi in while I get some wellness treats for her.”
Nylah: “I can’t sign her in. I don’t know what’s wrong.”

Nylah: “Excuse me? I’m trying to sign in our new puppy for a checkup, but the machine won’t let me. Can you help?”
Vet: “Oh, no, ma’am. Heidi doesn’t need a checkup yet. We saw her right before she came out to your place. She’s in great health. You have yourself a winner there. Just bring her back after she ages up and we’ll check her out then to make sure everything’s still fine.”

Oliver: “Wouldn’t you know you’d age up right after we got home! You certainly got dirty today! I guess that comes with living on the ranch. But now that you can swim, maybe that will help.”

Oliver: “Look how much prettier your coat is when you’re clean!”

Vet: “Oh, and you’re back already! Well, you are just the picture of health my canine friend! Now you run on out back and play before you let Mrs. Sandoval take you home.”

Nylah: “Yes! Good girl! You are so smart, Heidi”
Heidi: “Ruff!”

Devon: “It’s nice to see you again Nylah! I just stopped by to thank your husband for getting Camilla’s and my gravestones and returning them to our property. That was mighty nice. And I want to wish you the best of luck in the Ultimate, Oliver. I never achieved that myself, but I’ll be watching you tomorrow and I look forward to cheering you to victory!”

Oliver: “Finally! It’s all the sweeter with Dad in the stands and knowing Devon was there in spirit. Khaleesi is one fine horse.”

Nylah: “We’re all so proud of you Oliver! And of Khaleesi, of course. This is the perfect place to display your Master Gold trophies from each event and your Gold trophy from the Ultimate competition. You are truly the Grand Champ Trainer!"

L to R: Heidi, Oliver, Khaleesi behind Ivy, Nylah, Ash.

Progress:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2024, 07:05:35 PM »
What a wonderful update! First, all the different colored mini-animals for Ranch Animal Day.
Then, Nylah pretending to want a puppy for Khaleesi.  (Is Heidi a Golden Retriever?)
And, then, of course, the BEEEG finale with Oliver not just placing but winning a GOLD MEDAL in the Ultimate Horse Championship!!!
Hurray! *walks in front of Oliver, tossing rose petals for Oliver to crush with his studly cowboy boots

Watcher, I know I speak for all your readers when I say how proud we feel at your persistence in completing the Champion Rider aspiration.
I think you deserve a T-shirt announcing your momentous achievement for all the world to see!
A huge congratulations on a spectacular conclusion to Oliver's heir requirements!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 4.07 The Ultimate
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2024, 02:37:29 AM »
Oliver thanks you for the rose petal accolades!
We were all very pleased to get that Ultimate win! I really didn't want it to come down to the last possible day to do it. But Oliver and Khaleesi might run it again next Saturday just to see what happens.

Yes, Heidi is a Golden Retriever, which I'm partial to anyway, but it was her traits that convinced me Nylah.

Oliver does have a couple more easy things to do. One is just waiting for Khaleesi to age up to elder. The other is to throw another event, which we are waiting to do until the twins are teenagers, because that seems like the right time to do it.

anything