Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 39343 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 3.06 That's It For Harley (12/29/23)
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2023, 11:29:37 PM »
3.06 That's It For Harley

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Jasmine thought she might have some difficulty wooing millionaire lottery-winner Harley Burnette away from his wife, but she couldn't have been more wrong. An invitation to meet at the Via Romanza Rec Center got things started, and by the end of their first day together, Harley had divorced his wife, proposed to Jasmine, and they eloped immediately. After a quick stop at home to invite Tory's ghost back into the household, Jasmine and Harley left for their Selvadorada honeymoon. Despite much excitement in Selvadorada, Harley came home feeling the boredom of a mid-life crisis, which added more requirements on top of the legacy requirements he was yet to discover.

Tory: “Let me see if I have this right: You divorced your wife, got remarried, went to Selvadorada, became cheerful for the first time in your life, had your wedding night, with Jasmine no less, which means  . . . “
Gideon: “Enough said, we all know what it means.”
Tory: “Yeah, ok. You barely escaped attack by carnivorous vines, had to avoid a wild jaguar, had your ex-wife of one day call to ask you if she should date another man, got the Sneezing Curse of the Ancients, got inflicted with an overwhelming feeling of utter loneliness and sadness, got poisoned by a dart and barely got the cure before being whisked back home. All in the course of three days."

Gideon: “And then you came home with a full-fledged Midlife Crisis because your life isn’t exciting enough?!?”
Harley: “That’s about it.”
Gideon: “Man, I don’t even know what to say.”
Tory: “Yeah, I got nothing.”
Harley: “I know. I can’t explain it either. But apparently, I need to put money in a vault, purchase some expensive paintings, win a game, and eat a gourmet meal.”
Gideon: “None of that sounds as exciting as the other stuff to me, but who am I to judge?”
Tory: “We can help. Do you have any logic skill?”
Harley: “Only a little.”
Tory: “Well, work on that and when you get to, say level 4 or 5, come get me. I have none so beating me at chess should be easy.”
Gideon: “And buying paintings is a breeze. You brought in a ton of simoleons. Thanks for that, by the way.”
Tory: “Jasmine’s an excellent gourmet chef, so she can make the meal. Then we just need to add a vault during the remodeling and you’re good to go.”

Jasmine: “So Harley, there are just these few things I need you to do for the legacy. You’ll do them, won’t you?”
Harley: “Sure, Honey. It all sounds fine to me - I’m always up for a Gold Date with you - I like taking you out, but we can have it here in the house if that’s what’s needed. And I’ve always wanted to make my own nectar, so I will enjoy that aspiration. That’s only a 5-level skill, so I’m thinking I’ll learn to cook so I can make delicious meals to go with my nectar. And then it’s just catching a fish from the pond out back, buying a potion to give you, and taking you shopping to buy something for the house. That’s it, right?”
Jasmine: “Pretty much, yeah.”
Harley: “Okay, well, I guess we need to get started with the renovations.”

Jasmine: “A whole basement has been added. How do you like the bedroom?”
Harley: “Very nice. And that looks like a pretty expensive painting over the bed.”
Jasmine: “Yes, first of three. And that door over there leads to the private bath with a jacuzzi tub.”

Jasmine: “This is your nectar-making alcove, and if you turn around, you’ll see the vault.”
Harley: “This is great! I can’t wait to get started making nectar.”

Jasmine: “There’s plenty of room for your nectar in here, along with your second expensive painting.”
Harley: “I love it! I really do love it.”

Jasmine: “And your third expensive painting is over here. I moved my flower-arranging table down here. I hope you don’t mind. I can work on that while you make nectar.”
Harley: “Of course I don’t mind - you know I’m the jealous type who gets tense when you’re not near me. It’s all perfect. I just love it! How about we start that gold date right now?”

Harley: I’m not going to repeat all the sweet things I said to my dear Jasmine, because you know how silly that sounds when you’re just telling it and you’re not in the moment. As you can see, I completed the Soulmate aspiration, and I’m trying not to mind that Jasmine already completed that with Gideon. Now we’re not going to talk about it any more.

Harley: I put enough money in this vault to satisfy that silly mid-life crisis whim. I don’t know why it was so important, it just felt like it was. Anyway, this vault is really pretty cool.

Harley: Beating Tory at chess was so easy I almost felt bad, but he’s such a good sport. He was actually happy to lose to me since it helped me out. He’s really a pretty great guy.

Harley: “Oh, hello there Harley Jr. You’re such a smart little fish, jumping on the hook like that. Now you get to go into a nice warm tank where you can make friends with Gideon Jr. and Tory Jr.”

Harley: This feels so weird and . . . smushy . . .it’s hard to believe I actually stomp around in here with my bare feet and then bottle up the remains for people to drink. But it’s pretty fun, and I hardly ever fall any more.

Harley: “Thank you for cooking with me, Jasmine.”
Jasmine: “It’s my pleasure. I enjoy cooking, and you’re learning really fast.”

Watcher: Everytime I turn around there’s another fire! We’ve had six fires today, one after another! It’s so fortunate that Watcher @oshizu was available for consultation - she figured out right away that there might be an active club with spell casting as a preferred activity - and she was right! I had Jasmine remove that as an activity and the fire-starting came to an end.

Harley: While making a batch of Vitality Nectar, I mastered the nectar-making skill. That also completes one of my legacy requirements. Once those are complete, I can relax and just enjoy life with Jasmine.

Harley: I have plenty of nectar made to meet the §100,000 sales requirement. But I think I’ll let it age a little more before I sell it.

Harley: Jasmine told me one of my requirements is to take her shopping in Magnolia Promenade and buy something for the house. We went to this lovely garden shop, but found that most of the items were not for sale. What is up with that? Jasmine said we could call on Watcher to fix that, but it would take some time. Fortunately, Jasmine saw this lovely blue and pink vase and decided it would look great in the foyer. And she was right, it’s perfect for the little alcove that used to hold the box of house decorations. This is much prettier for guests to see as they come into our home.

Harley: My Vitality Nectar is only moderately aged, but still has a value of over §14k per bottle, and with a 300% markup, I knew I’d hit that §100k requirement in no time. It only took 1 sale for me to realize that nectar sold from the vendor table doesn’t count toward my aspiration. Unfortunately, that 1 bottle took a long time to sell, so I wasted several hours out here hawking this nectar.

Harley: “Selling the nectar from inventory is so much easier than tending the vendor table. It doesn’t sell for as much, but I hit the goal easily.”
Gideon: “Congrats, man! That means your requirements are complete! Well done.”
Harley: “That’s right. And to celebrate, I’m taking my gorgeous wife out for the evening anywhere she wants to go.”
Jasmine: “Oh, Harley, what fun. You know, I've been wanting to go to the Plumbob Pictures Museum. I hear they have fabulous artwork on display, and also real movie sets. And they recently added telescopes up on the roof. It's so high you can see all of Del Sol Valley from there, and they say the view of the skies through the telescopes is amazing. ”
Harley: “Really? Telescopes on the roof? I'd like to check that out.”

Jasmine: Oh, if Watcher @oshizu was here, I’m sure she could tell me about this art style and the region it comes from, but of course my Watcher is clueless.

Harley: Oh my, the stars are so clear and bright looking through this telescope! Oh, and there’s a shooting star! It almost seems to be coming this way.

Harley: “AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”
Grim: “Hello, Harley. I was starting to wonder when I was going to see you.”

Grim: “I really don’t understand why you needed to come down three flights of stairs and change into your bathing suit to talk about your interests, Jasmine.”
Jasmine: “Oh I just couldn’t stay up on the roof after seeing Harley like that.”
Grim: “So you didn’t bring him here tonight specifically so he could look through the telescopes? You weren’t hoping for . . . even expecting . . . a meteorite tonight?”
Jasmine: “Well . . . . I do have legacy requirements to meet.”
Grim: “Indeed you do, my dear. And speaking of that, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I look forward to meeting the next Mr. Sandoval. Give Harley my regards when you call him forth.”

Jasmine: “Harley! I’m so glad you heard my call.”
Harley: “This was the plan all along wasn’t it? Finish the requirements . . . die . . . become a ghost . . . rejoin the household. I guess I was a little slow on the uptake.”
Jasmine: “I’m sorry, Harley. It’s just what I have to do. But once it’s over, you can choose to live again. Aging will start and you’ll be an elder soon, but I’ll be able to set you back to the beginning of your adult life stage if you want. You can relive more time than we’ve even been together.”
Harley: “But I won’t be living it as your husband.”
Jasmine: “No. But I hope you’ll be living it as my friend.”
Harley: “Sure, Jasmine. How many more times are you doing this?”
Jasmine: “Just two more.”
Harley: “Well, we best get on with it. Go ahead, invite me back.”
Jasmine: “Harley, will you move back in with us?”
Harley: “Yes, Jasmine, I will. But I’ll expect you to make good on what you said. When this is over, I want to relive my adulthood.”
Jasmine: “You got it Harley. I promise. Oh, and Grim sends his regards.”

Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2023, 12:31:19 AM »
Harley was so clueless, thinking he'd have time to enjoy life with Jas after completing his spouse requirements!
I'm so glad you kept his original hairstyle.  Everytime you share a shot of Harley from the back, I giggle at his little bald spot, hahaha.
Very clever, Jasmine, to take him to the Plumbob Pictures Museum!  Sims can't resist using that little telescope, it seems.

Farewell, Harley! I was shocked at the reminder that you divorced your wife and remarried Jasmine within a single day. You dawg, you!
Well, Jas, now that you got da bling, you can choose someone hotter next time...
Watcher, I'm really enjoying Jasmine's story.  You've somehow written it so Jasmine remains innocently blameless.
It's like her victims are to blame for being so clueless!  Hehe

Can't wait to find out what happens next!  Who will be the next Mr. Sandoval!?!?!?!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2023, 03:10:58 AM »
I like that they've all got a "jr" angel fish waiting to make their Potions and that they're all promised a decent future. I really like that the ghosts are all helping the requirements.
It's making Jasmine's gen quite extended but it's a great section.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2024, 10:20:54 PM »
Harley was so clueless, thinking he'd have time to enjoy life with Jas after completing his spouse requirements!
I'm so glad you kept his original hairstyle.  Everytime you share a shot of Harley from the back, I giggle at his little bald spot, hahaha.
Very clever, Jasmine, to take him to the Plumbob Pictures Museum!  Sims can't resist using that little telescope, it seems.

Farewell, Harley! I was shocked at the reminder that you divorced your wife and remarried Jasmine within a single day. You dawg, you!
Well, Jas, now that you got da bling, you can choose someone hotter next time...
Watcher, I'm really enjoying Jasmine's story.  You've somehow written it so Jasmine remains innocently blameless.
It's like her victims are to blame for being so clueless!  Hehe

Can't wait to find out what happens next!  Who will be the next Mr. Sandoval!?!?!?!
Yes, he didn't pick up on the clues at all, despite all the jealousy.
I really wanted to play the challenge, but I also want my readers (and me) to continue to love Jasmine. It's been fun thinking about how to play the spouses (with their various personalities) and Jasmine in a way that conforms to the rules, but keeps her lovable.

I like that they've all got a "jr" angel fish waiting to make their Potions and that they're all promised a decent future. I really like that the ghosts are all helping the requirements.
It's making Jasmine's gen quite extended but it's a great section.
I don't know why I thought I needed to be able to keep track of the fish by who caught them - it really doesn't matter, but I just wanted to.  ;D
Jasmine's generation is definitely taking more Sim-time, but I'm hoping to keep the story to about the same length. My first two generations had 12 chapters each, and my goal is to keep Jasmine's generation also to 12 chapters - that's 2 chapters per spouse, and then 2 chapters to raise the next heir to the point that they take over the story. We'll see how that works out.  ;)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 3.07 Ranch Life (1/4/24)
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2024, 12:10:53 AM »
3.07 Ranch Life

Jasmine and Harley returned from their honeymoon with Harley in a mid-life crisis of boredom, despite a LOT of honeymoon excitement. Tory, Gideon and Jasmine all helped him get past his crisis, as he also worked on his legacy requirements. A basement was added to fulfill the “move or add to the house” requirement, which added a bedroom with en suite, a wine making area, a den with a table and chairs along with games and wine storage, and the vault that Harley needed to put money in to help with his mid-life crisis. Harley caught his angelfish, completed the Master Nectar Maker and Soulmates aspirations, and mastered Cooking. He took Jasmine to the Plumbob Pictures Museum to celebrate completing all his requirements, where a meteorite sent him to his meeting with Grim. Jasmine wasted no time calling him from his grave and inviting him back into the household. The end of Harley’s chapter came just one day before the end of the year.

Jasmine: I’ve been seeing notices about the Finchwick Fair, so I thought I’d check one out. I got there a little early, so I decided to have a drink at the bar while I waited for the vendor stands to open and the fair to start. And just look at what sat down beside me! 🙂 And on New Year’s Eve! I think this is going to be a good year for me.

His name is Jason Fontaine. He’s a Horse Lover, Rancher and Animal Enthusiast working as a Ranch Hand on a local ranch owned by the Grant family. We talked for quite awhile, but were constantly interrupted by people behind us calling to the bartender to order drinks. So Jason suggested we move to a table.

Jason: “This is much better.”
Jasmine: “Do you come to the fair a lot?”
Jason: “No, I’ve never been. But I have a goal to win a ribbon at one of the fair competitions, so I thought I’d come check it out.”
Jasmine: “On New Year’s Eve?”
Jason: “Seemed as good a time as any.”

Jason: “Here’s to starting the new year with a beautiful new friend.”
Jasmine: “I’d drink to that . . . if I had a drink.”
Jason: “I’ll get you one.”

Jasmine: “Oh, my. Are you always this flirty?”
Jason: “No, actually. Never. Until I met you. I’ve also never been jealous before. But suddenly, I am.”
Jasmine: “You know, I think the fair is about over, and we didn’t even go.”
Jason: “That’s okay. There’ll be another one next week. We can come together.”
Jasmine: “I’d like that.”
Jason: “It’s a date then.”

Crowd: “YAY!  Happy New Year!!”

Jason: “We can’t greet the new year without a New Year’s Kiss.”

Jasmine: Jason asked me to breakfast the next morning. While we were waiting for our food to arrive, he blew a kiss at me and then asked me to move in with him. He has his own living quarters at the Grant Family Ranch. I said yes, of course. He moved in with me at first, and then after breakfast we went back to the Glimmerbrook house to collect the things I wanted to keep.

Jasmine: While I packed up Harley’s wine, the aquarium, and a few other things I wanted, Jason went fishing out back and caught Jason Jr. I joined him when everything was packed, because I thought we'd need an extra angel fish to stock a pond at the ranch, but Jason immediately caught a second one. Jason didn’t notice, but when we moved to the ranch, Gideon, Tory and Harley moved with us.

Jasmine: One of Jason’s requirements is for us to play two games of horseshoes. And there was a horseshoe pit already on the ranch, so I challenged him to a game right away. The game took a really long time, probably due to all the animal interruptions, and we were both embarrassed by our poor performances. In the end, neither of us even knew who won.

Jasmine: I guess Gideon was curious about the gravestones at the back of the lot. He apparently called forth the ghost in the grave. Jason explained that the ranch owner’s teenage daughter, Chanel Grant, had been in a typical teenage bad mood and decided to take it out on a bunny that happened to hop across the property. The bunny was a lot tougher than he looked, and he sent young Chanel to a meeting with Grim. Chanel’s mother, Camilla, tried to save her daughter, but the bunny took her down as well. That’s why it was just Devon Grant, the horses and chickens, and Jason living at the ranch before I moved in with my ex-spouse ghosts.

Jasmine: The Grant family horses are very sociable. Quincy, the black and white stallion, came right up to me looking for attention. Ginger, the brown and white mare, seems to prefer Jason. Devon Grant purchased these horses just a couple days before his wife and daughter died, and had been too sad to interact with them much, so both were bonding more with Jason.

Jasmine: Chanel seemed to be out of her grave most of the time . . . time she spent almost exclusively with Gideon.

Jasmine: If I’m being honest, I have to admit that Chanel was a welcome distraction, considering Gideon’s jealousy and Jason’s romantic attentiveness.

Jasmine: Jason has the Country Caretaker aspiration, so we spent a good amount of time in those early days in Henford on Bagley. We befriended birds and some rabbits. We thought we shouldn’t add rabbits to the ranch, it would be too upsetting for Devon, but we wanted to add birds to the garden.

Jasmine: Devon Grant was often scared by the ghosts, but eventually he worked up the courage to call Camilla from her grave. He thought she’d be angry, as ghosts often are, but she was happy to see him and wasn’t angry at all, at least not that first time. After that, Devon started calling his wife out each evening to spend a few hours with her.

Jasmine: After chores on a bright sunny day, we played that second game of horseshoes. We were both embarrassed by our poor play again, but this time, I did win. It took a long time though. The horses were very curious about what we were doing with their shoes . . . and there was also a lot of kissing involved . . . not with the horses, of course. It’s a little surprising that Jason doesn’t have the romantic trait . . . he certainly acts like he does.

Jasmine: After horseshoes, Jason said he had somewhere he wanted to take me. It was chilly out, so we bundled up and set off on horseback. Ginger seemed a little unsure of me, and I admit to being a little unsure of her as well.

Jasmine: We stopped to fish, and after catching several, we rode up to a campsite.

Jasmine: As I watched Jason roasting the fish for our dinner, I finally admitted to myself how hard I’d fallen for this guy. The truth is, I was completely in love with him. So much so that I just couldn’t continue without telling him the truth. So that’s what I did. I told him everything. All about my legacy requirements, all about Gideon and Tory and Harley. All about my plans for him. He was quiet for several minutes, and then looked me in the eye and said, “Okay. I’m all in. Whatever you need.” At that moment, my insides just melted and I had to sit there for a few minutes because I knew my legs wouldn’t hold me just yet.

Jasmine: And then I recovered and showed him what I needed.

Jasmine: Jason needed to forage in the Bramblewood, and he really wanted to gather the mushrooms that can only be harvested at night. So the next evening we went looking for them and found a patch right near the waterfall.

Jasmine: With the beautiful waterfall as a backdrop, Jason proposed.

Jasmine: We eloped immediately under the stars in the charming gazebo in the Bramblewood. It was just the two of us, and it was the most romantic evening I’ve ever had. I truly love this man!

Watcher's Note:  The Grant family ranch is the Thunderhawk Ranch by DevonBumpkin. For more information about this ranch build, see the Lots Added post.

The Black Widow Cast (just to remind you what these ghosts really look like)
Left to Right: Harley Burnette (Spouse 3), Devon Grant (Ranch Owner), Jasmine Sandoval (Gen 3 Heir), Jason Fontaine (Spouse 4), Tory Brown (Spouse 2), Gideon Jansen (High School Sweetheart and Spouse 1).

Progress:

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2024, 02:46:29 AM »
Way to switch up the story! Rugged Jason has stolen Jasmine's heart while her first love ghostly Gideon is getting to know ghostly Chanel! I didn't see that coming at all.
Congrats on making a good start to spouse no. 4 and I did enjoy their New Year Eve meeting.
Are you enjoying the horses? I've had a foal but not done any riding - in-game, I mean, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2024, 05:38:35 PM »
Jason rode in and stole the hearts of both Jasmine and Jasmine's Watcher!
Jasmine and Jason have been the most romantic combo so far!

When Camilla started spending all her time with Gideon, I thought, "Hmm,..maybe Jasmine could revive her later, then she and Gideon could ride off into the sunset together.
But then Devon started calling her from the grave every evening, so back to the drawing board.
Poor Devon! What an awful way to lose first his only child and then his wife!

Thanks so much for the shot of Jasmine with the guys plus the ranch owner, Devon. Great shot!
I'd completely forgotten how cute Gideon was!
Jasmine, you got some juggling to do!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2024, 05:54:33 PM »
Way to switch up the story! Rugged Jason has stolen Jasmine's heart while her first love ghostly Gideon is getting to know ghostly Chanel! I didn't see that coming at all.
Congrats on making a good start to spouse no. 4 and I did enjoy their New Year Eve meeting.
Are you enjoying the horses? I've had a foal but not done any riding - in-game, I mean, lol.
Jason is just too hot to give up!
I am enjoying the horses although I’m not doing a lot with them yet. Next gen is all about the ranch and the horses, so I’ll get more going with them then.

Jason rode in and stole the hearts of both Jasmine and Jasmine's Watcher!
Jasmine and Jason have been the most romantic combo so far!

When Camilla started spending all her time with Gideon, I thought, "Hmm,..maybe Jasmine could revive her later, then she and Gideon could ride off into the sunset together.
But then Devon started calling her from the grave every evening, so back to the drawing board.
Poor Devon! What an awful way to lose first his only child and then his wife!

Thanks so much for the shot of Jasmine with the guys plus the ranch owner, Devon. Great shot!
I'd completely forgotten how cute Gideon was!
Jasmine, you got some juggling to do!
It’s hard to tell the difference sometimes with the ghosts because their images aren’t very clear, but Camilla was Devon’s wife and that’s who he’s calling. Chanel is the teenage daughter who has turned Gideon’s head.

Gideon is a cutie, and he’ll be around - they’re all family at this point.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2024, 05:58:36 PM »
Oops, sorry!  Chanel & Camilla don't even have the same hairstyles!
Since I don't know how old Devon the ranch owner is, I just assumed that Chanel would be too young for Gideon, hehe.
Thanks for setting me straight!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 3.08 Perfect Time For a Gold Date (1/6/24)
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2024, 12:05:43 AM »
3.08 Perfect Time For a Gold Date

Jasmine met Jason Fontaine at The Gnome’s Arms in Henford-on-Bagley on New Year’s Eve. By the end of the countdown, they were quite smitten with each other. They went to breakfast the next day, and Jason asked Jasmine to move in together. Jason is a Ranch Hand at the Grant Family Ranch, and Jasmine and her ex-spouse ghosts moved in with him there. Devon Grant, owner of the ranch, recently lost his wife and daughter to a killer rabbit, and Gideon quickly became enamored with the ghost of Chanel, the teenage daughter. Meanwhile, Jasmine fell more in love with Jason every day. While foraging in the Bramblewood, Jason proposed to Jasmine in front of the waterfall, and they eloped in the gazebo near the old ruins.

Jasmine: I was preoccupied thinking about what I would tell Gideon when I went to make breakfast the next morning, when he came in and did this. I was so surprised, I couldn’t even react! And then he mumbled something and took off out the door.

Jasmine: I caught up with him at the back of the lot and overheard part of the conversation.
Chanel: “I saw you Gideon! I saw you kissing her! Right there in the kitchen.”
Gideon: “Okay, Chanel, but I only did it because I had to know! I have been with her since high school. We had long-term plans before I met you. I had to know if my feelings for her were the same.”
Chanel: “Oh, so it was just an experiment, huh? Yeah, right. I’m not stupid, Gideon.”

Gideon: “Chanel, I didn’t feel those old feelings. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. I only want to be with you now.”
Chanel: “Oh yeah? Well you have a funny way of showing it. To me and to her!”
Gideon: ”I’m going to ask her to just be friends. I think she'll be happy, honestly, because I think she’s really in love with Jason. More than she ever was with me. I just came to tell you first. And I wanted some time to think about what to say.”

Jasmine: “No need, Gideon. You’re right, I am in love with Jason, and I was thinking about how to tell you when you caught me off guard in the kitchen.”
Gideon: “So we can just be friends? With no hard feelings?”
Jasmine: “Absolutely.”

Jasmine: “Chanel, Gideon is a great guy, and anyone can see he’s in love with you. I don’t know if he told you, but when I finish my legacy requirements, Gideon will stop being a ghost, and will be fully alive again. I can do the same for you if you want me to.”
Chanel: “Really? Alive again? And I can be with Gideon?”
Jasmine: “If Gideon wants that too, you certainly can. But no matter what you and Gideon decide about your future, I can give you back your life. You just have to be a little patient, because I have to finish some other things before I can do that.”

Jasmine: “Gideon and I talked about our relationship today. He already knew I’m completely in love with you. And he’s fallen hard for Chanel. So we’ve agreed to just be friends. And our friendship is still very strong, but we have no romantic feelings for each other anymore.”
Jason: “And what does that mean about the “no woohoo on the home lot” rule?”
Jasmine (giggling): “It means there’s no rule anymore.”
Jason: “In that case, I think this is a perfect time for that gold date in the house.”

Jasmine: “I didn’t know you were so good on the guitar.”
Jason: “Well, I’d never played before, but when you told me I needed to master a skill that I’ve never tried before, I thought it was time. I wanted to be able to serenade you.”
Jasmine: “And you’re doing a fine job. But I have to tell you, you’re getting me all flirty!”
Jason: “I have a solution for that.”

Jason: “I’d never been up here before now, but Devon did a great job on this treehouse. Chanel used to spend a lot of time here when she was a kid. But no one’s been up here since then.”
Jasmine: “Well it sure saw some action tonight!”
Jason: “Yes it did. Now we better get some sleep. Tomorrow is the Finchwick Fair, and after Cuckoo the Rooster lost last week, and never even got returned to me, I intend to come away this week with a ribbon.”

Jason: “Finally! We’re good enough friends that I can bring birds to the garden to help keep the bugs away.”

Jasmine: “What a big day this is! You’ve won a first place ribbon and completed two aspirations, all in one day!”
Jason: “Yes, I’m very happy about that, even though I know it makes what’s coming that much closer . . . “

Gideon: “Oh, you’re back. Yeah, yeah, go ahead, kiss all you want right here in front of me. See? No jealousy at all! Go for it, you two! Doesn’t bother me a bit.”
Jasmine: “Okay, Gideon. Now go away! Go find Chanel.”

Gideon: “I just saw Jason and Jasmine kissing out front, and it didn’t bother me at all.”
Chanel: “So you’re really over her?”
Gideon: “Totally and completely. It’s just you and me.”
Chanel: “In that case, come with me.”

Gideon: “Are you sure about this?”
Chanel: “100 percent sure!”

Jason: “Just because Gideon’s over his jealousy doesn’t mean I am!”
Jasmine: “Jason, we were just talking. Nothing is going on.”
Harley: “It’s my fault, Jason. Jasmine and I are just friends now. I didn't mean to flirt with her. It's hard seeing you and Jasmine together, and Gideon and Chanel together, and Devon and Camilla together. I forget that I can't even talk to Jasmine without you freaking out.”
Jason: “Listen, Harley, I’m sorry that you don’t have anyone special in your life right now, but you’re just going to need to deal with that until after this is all over.”

Jason: “I only have one more thing to do to finish my requirements, and that is to master the guitar. I’m already level 9, so it won’t be long.”
Devon: “Why did you agree to this?”
Jason: “Because I love her. After me, she just has one more spouse to go. When all the legacy stuff is finished, she brings all the ex-spouses back to full life. And then she and I will remarry and live out our lives, with children and hopefully grandchildren . . . I just really, really want that with her. But I have to make sure that her next spouse doesn’t derail our plan. You see, Devon? You understand why it has to be you?”

Devon: “Camilla, it’s the only way I have to get you back! For us to be together again . . . alive and together.”
Camilla: “I get it, Devon, and I want you to do it. But don’t expect me to be happy about you being married to someone else.”
Devon: “Honey, I promise you, there will be no woohoo. There does have to be a First Kiss, but Jason said our lips don’t actually have to touch for that. So there’s really just one kiss, after the wedding ceremony. That’s it . . . all the romantic stuff will just be flirting and holding hands, and maybe a peck on the cheek here and there. Nothing big. And I’ll be thinking of you the whole time.”
Camilla: “Okay, Devon. Just go do it. Just don’t do it here.”
Devon: “That’s exactly what Jason said. He’s become jealous, you know, and we don’t want that drama. Jasmine and I will go away for a few days and get it all done. This is going to be quick and include only what’s necessary. I’m all about getting back to you, Camilla, you have to know that.”

Jasmine: With Jason’s requirements nearly completed, we went out dancing to celebrate Love Day. We had a lot of fun, despite the cloud of doom we both felt. He told me he’d talked with Devon about being my fifth spouse. I hadn’t thought about Devon for that, but it does kind of make sense. And since we won’t stay at home, no one will be getting jealous. We can finish everything on vacation, and when we get home, we’ll just need to do one quick gold date in the house and get the angelfish for the tank. Sounds easy, and the fastest way for me to get back to Jason.

Devon: “Jason explained everything to me about your legacy requirements.”
Jasmine: “So, what do you think about his plan, Devon? Are you up for it?”
Devon: “I can be, but I need to know that when it’s done, you’ll bring Camilla and Chanel back, too.”
Jasmine: “Of course, Devon. I’ve already promised Chanel. And I’m happy to bring Camilla back to you.”
Devon: “Jason had a couple of stipulations - right after he . . . meets Grim and rejoins the household, we leave and stay away until everything is done except the gold date in the house, and maybe catching the angelfish if I can’t catch one on vacation.”
Jasmine: “I think that’s a great idea. No drama, no jealousy.”
Devon: “And no woohoo . . . between us, I mean.”
Jasmine: “Of course not . . . we don't need to cheat to get this done.”

Devon: “Looks like it’s time.”
Jasmine: “Tomorrow morning is soon enough. I want the rest of tonight with him.”

Devon: “And then the penguin says . . . “

Jason: “This is it for me . . . for now . . . don’t forget, Jasmine . . . no woohoo with Devon!”
Jasmine: “I won’t forget. No woohoo for me unless it’s with you. Oh, Jason! I love you so much!”

Grim: “So this is the one, huh? Your always and forever? I guess I’ll be seeing you again very soon then, won’t I Jasmine?”

Jasmine: “Please rejoin the household right now, Jason. I can’t bear not having you in the family.”
Jason: “Of course I will. And then you need to get going, before any jealousy kicks in.”

Jason: “It’s all up to you now, Devon. Time for you and Jasmine to go . . . wherever you’re going.”
Devon: “I rented us a house in Windenburg. I decided to fish for my new skill, and maybe I can catch an angelfish while we’re gone. I’ll make it all as quick as I can.”
Jason: “Thanks, buddy. And don’t forget . . . “
Devon: “I know, I know. No woohoo with Jasmine. Don’t even worry about it. I don’t think of her that way. My woohoo’s all for Camilla! But I do have one stipulation of my own.”
Jason: “And you’re just telling me now?"
Devon: “Yes, because now it’s too late for you to say no. When it’s all done, and Camilla’s back with me, we want to move to a smaller ranch. This is too big for us now, especially with Chanel going with Gideon, and there are too many memories here . . . bunny memories, if you know what I mean. I want you and Jasmine to have the ranch. It’s a great home to raise kids in, and I want it to be filled with people who will love living here and will take care of it.
Jason: “Oh, that’s very generous of you, Devon. Thank you! Jasmine and I would love to raise our kids here, and I want you and Camilla to know you're always welcome here. I hope you'll both come to visit.”

Progress:

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2024, 03:38:43 AM »
You've tied it up in a lovely neat bow! I hope nothing gets it all tangled up! A stay in Windenburg sounds lovely.

Wishing all 4 couples a happily ever after!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2024, 10:01:05 AM »
Jason completing all of his requirements is so bittersweet!
That shot of Jason being jealous over Harley--did he acquire the Jealous trait or did he start randomly getting jealous? Is it contagious?
How great that Gideon is no longer in love with Jasmine--it clears the way for Jasmine's eventual HEA with her ranch stud, Jason!

(I laughed at lonely Harley in the background talking to plants while flirtyP. Gideon and angry Chanel discussed their relationship.)
P.S. Jasmine better watch out for that redhead at the Love Day cowpoke dance bar.  She looks like she had her eye on Jason...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2024, 12:09:00 PM »
You've tied it up in a lovely neat bow! I hope nothing gets it all tangled up! A stay in Windenburg sounds lovely.

Wishing all 4 couples a happily ever after!

You know, I read other stories that have deliciously evil Sims and appreciate them and find them really fun and entertaining, but with my own Sims, I always come to love them and want them to be happy. I do have a happy ending planned for all, but as they move out and the game takes over, we know anything can happen.

Jason completing all of his requirements is so bittersweet!
That shot of Jason being jealous over Harley--did he acquire the Jealous trait or did he start randomly getting jealous? Is it contagious?
How great that Gideon is no longer in love with Jasmine--it clears the way for Jasmine's eventual HEA with her ranch stud, Jason!

(I laughed at lonely Harley in the background talking to plants while flirtyP. Gideon and angry Chanel discussed their relationship.)
P.S. Jasmine better watch out for that redhead at the Love Day cowpoke dance bar.  She looks like she had her eye on Jason...

Jason acquired the jealous trait at The Gnome's Arms on New Year's Eve. Perhaps my reference was too subtle - Jasmine asked him if he was always so flirty, and he said he said he never was until he met her, and also that he'd never been jealous, but suddenly he was. I thought I would have to give him a Re-Traiting potion, but the game took care of it for me. Now my only problem is, I can't remove that one with a Re-Traiting potion because it's not one of the original three. I don't know of any way to get rid of a discovered trait except with cheats or MCCC . . . if you know of one, please let me know.

If that redhead at the dance bar gets out of line with Jason, Jasmine will give her a gift of lovely flowers scented with the death flower. And if that doesn't take care of it, she'll give her another one - as many as it takes, actually.  You know Jasmine, she's a giver.  :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2024, 04:58:37 PM »
Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't sure if Jason actually had the trait or if he was simply feeling jealous.
Jealousy can't be swapped by self-discovery because it has no pairing trait.
So, I know of no way to get rid of jealousy except for MCCC or the traits.remove_trait cheat. Sorry!

Haha, that redhead at the cowpoke bar better leave town!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 3.09 Black Widow (1/9/24)
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2024, 01:20:25 AM »
3.09 Black Widow

Jasmine and Gideon agreed to be Just Friends, which removed the "no woohoo on the home lot" restriction. Gideon pursued a romantic relationship with Chanel Grant's ghost while Jason pursued a gold date complete with treehouse woohoo with Jasmine.  While waiting for the Finchwick Fair contest results, Jason romanced Jasmine with over 50 romantic interactions, completing his Soulmate Aspiration. Then his perfect dragonfruit won first place, completing his Country Caretaker Aspiration.  Jason hatched a plan with Devon for Devon to be Jasmine's fifth spouse (with an agreement to no woohoo, and very little physical interaction between them) after which Jasmine would restore life to Devon's wife Camilla and his daughter Chanel. Jason maxed his guitar skill, completing his requirements, and then laughed his way into a meeting with Grim. Jason's ghost rejoined the household and Jasmine and Devon left for a few days in Windenburg where they would marry and complete the majority of Devon's requirements - far away from Jasmine's jealous exes.

Jasmine: Devon rented us this cute little house in Windenburg called Mid Nowhere. Seemed like an appropriate name for the occasion.

Jasmine: Devon found a nearby fishing spot and got started on his Fishing skill and Angling Ace Aspiration. I was working on the Nerd Brain Aspiration, so I played Chess to raise my Logic Skill.

Jasmine: It was getting late, but our first couple of dates didn’t require any particular outcome, so we had two quick dates, one right after the other, at Jet Club Reno.

Devon: “Windenburg was a good idea, don’t you think?”
Jasmine: "Absolutely. Thank you for choosing a place where we don’t have to worry about running into people we know.”
Watcher: Right. Dear Reader, do you see what I see? Let me show you from inside.

Watcher: Devon and Jasmine should probably head back to their rental if they don’t want to be seen by anyone they know!

Devon: Jason was right! Our lips don’t actually touch on a First Kiss! Imagine that!

Devon: “Next thing on the list is to be married to my BFF. What do you say? Want to be BFF’s?”
Jasmine: “You know I do!”

Devon: “And the big question. Will you marry me?”
Jasmine: “Ummmm . . . this is going really fast. Do you think we could wait and do this in the morning?”
Devon: “Sure thing. No problem. I think I’ll drink one of those Potions of Plentiful Needs you gave me and go do some more fishing.”

Devon: “Are you ready? Will you marry me?”
Jasmine: “I’m sorry, Devon. I don’t know what was wrong with me last night. Yes, I’ll marry you.”

Jasmine: We got married on the deck of our rental. I’m not saying whether our lips did or didn’t touch, but either way, there’s no record of the moment.
Jasmine: “Devon, what else is on the agenda for today?”
Devon: “Two silver dates and some more fishing.”
Jasmine: “Sounds good. How about we combine those silver dates with our other required outings?”
Devon: “That’s perfect! Let’s start with the library.”

Devon: “We need to play one game of chess together.”
Jasmine: “Does it matter who wins?”
Devon: “Nope. Just that we play a full game.”

Devon: “We also each need to read a book and research something on the computer. I’ll read Point Farmer No More: The Downfall of Grant Rodiek and research Gardening.”
Jasmine: “I’ll read Untamed Treachery of the Heart and research Advanced Cooking Techniques.”

Devon: “I have a requirement to kiss you for the silver medal date. Let’s see if a kiss on the cheek will satisfy that.”
Jasmine: “Yep. Worked like a charm.”
Devon: “Okay, we can end that date early and now we need a second silver date.”
Jasmine: “Our second required outing is to the spa.”

Devon: “We each need to have two treatments. Let’s start with back massages.”

Jasmine: “I vote for Foot Massages as our other treatment.”
Devon: “Sounds good to me.”
Jasmine: “What’s next?”
Devon: “We’re already Soulmates and BFFs, so we just need three gold dates and 50 flirts.”

Jasmine: “Getting our first gold date over dinner was a great idea.”
Devon: “This is going really well. We’re making progress very quickly.”

Devon: Those Potions of Plentiful Needs come in really handy. I can get my fishing done while Jasmine catches some sleep.

Devon: “This works for a second gold date. We just need to socialize, flirt a little and go get a drink at the same time. And since I caught an angelfish in Windenburg, all we need to do after this is go home, put the angelfish in the aquarium, and have that third gold date in the house, with another 18 flirts.”

Devon: “There you go little Devon Jr. Go make friends.”

Devon: “Now we just need 9 more flirts to finish my Soulmate Aspiration.”

Devon: “And, we’re done!”
Jasmine: “Not quite. We haven’t added to the house. We have to move or add to the house with every new spouse. With Jason, just moving here covered that, but we need to do something to count for our marriage.”
Devon: “What do you suggest?”

Jasmine: “I have to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration, and for that I need landscaping. These trees should do that trick. And they shelter the animal pen as well.”

Jasmine: After the landscaping, I only had to add one Virtuoso Violin, which I put near the piano.

Devon: No one saw me take the cake that night. But taking it again the next morning got me my meeting with Grim.

Grim: “So, Jasmine, this is number Five. What’s next for you?”
Jasmine: “Next, we all get our happily ever after.”
Grim (laughing): “Really?? I hope that works out for you. I’ll be seeing you all again . . . someday.”
Jasmine: “Welcome back into the household, Devon.”

Progress:

anything