Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 40003 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.10 A Whole New Life (11/10/23)
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2023, 03:29:11 AM »
Oh, Colin!  Seems like you're the one who's having the mid-life crisis, you selfish dude!
Not all stars have to shun their family image to stay artistically relevant!
I don't want Rose to ever take Colin back, but she might, if only for the kids.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2023, 03:14:22 PM »
Oh goodness! Poor Rose! Colin's no good, springing all that on her in one go. How was she to know he wasn't content with their lifestyle. Ah well, I suppose he's as much a victim of Rose's requirements as she is, but I hope she finds happiness somewhere.
There were different ways to go on this, I guess, but I've never ever ever had Sims divorce . . . in all the Sims 3 and Sims 4 I've ever played. So, this seemed like the time to go with that. But you know I won't be able to leave my beautiful Rose unhappy for long.

Oh, Colin!  Seems like you're the one who's having the mid-life crisis, you selfish dude!
Not all stars have to shun their family image to stay artistically relevant!
I don't want Rose to ever take Colin back, but she might, if only for the kids.
It's not in the cards . . . or rather in the requirements . . . for Rose to take Colin back, but that doesn't mean there isn't something happy still in store for her. I was planning on getting in 2 requirements this last chapter but only got in the one . . . so three more are yet to come. The roughest part is over.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2023, 03:44:02 PM »
There are three requirements left?
I thought the Mid-Life Crisis requirement only had three elements, of which you've revealed one so far.
So, there are two more Mid-Life Crisis elements plus one more separate requirement to be revealed?
(I guess I could go back and check Rose's "Progress," but I'm lazy....)
Can't wait to find out what that is!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2023, 08:01:43 PM »
There are three requirements left?
I thought the Mid-Life Crisis requirement only had three elements, of which you've revealed one so far.
So, there are two more Mid-Life Crisis elements plus one more separate requirement to be revealed?
(I guess I could go back and check Rose's "Progress," but I'm lazy....)
Can't wait to find out what that is!

Not a separate requirement, really, just the remaining unknown regarding Rose's marital status.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.11 Tartosa Vacay (11/11/23)
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2023, 11:12:23 PM »
2.11 Tartosa Vacay

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Colin and Rose celebrated their adult birthdays at the Italian Restaurant in Oasis Springs with their kids. A piano in the corner enticed Colin away from his family, and the cake and birthday celebration then included several of Colin's fans. The next day, Colin told Rose that he was going on the road with his music, and that Rose and the kids no longer fit his rising star image. He said he had grown too much since their marriage while she was still the same. Colin divorced Rose, and Rose took the kids to her parents' (Leo and Lily) for the afternoon to give Colin time to clear out. Leo suggested he and Lily stay with the kids for a few days and give Rose time to get away and figure out how she felt about everything. Meanwhile, Jasmine's Prom date, Gideon, called her, confessing a crush on her and asking her out. Gideon and Jasmine went dancing, but her Dad (Colin) showed up there, as did her grandparents (Leo and Lily) along with her Uncle Clay. Jasmine told Gideon they needed to leave, and Gideon took Jasmine to the Magic Realm, admitting to her that he is a Spellcaster. After thinking it over and watching a magic duel, Jasmine decided to become a Spellcaster as well.

Rose: I rented a cute little bungalow on the beach in Tartosa. It’s been so long since I’ve really been alone, I’m not sure what I’m going to do with myself for three days. I’m surprised to find that I'm not feeling sad anymore. I don’t know why, but mostly I’m feeling confident. Could it be that I needed this change as much as Colin did?

Rose: I decided to start my little vacay with some beachcombing. Maybe I’d find something valuable. Or at least something interesting. I’d been at it about 10 minutes when Mom called to make sure I was okay. I assured her I was fine.

Rose: I went out to a local Italian restaurant for dinner and had a couple of glasses of wine, a nice rack of lamb, and a yummy cannelloni for dessert. It felt odd, eating alone in a restaurant. But it also felt . . . liberating. I realized I’ve never really been on my own. I moved in with Colin immediately after moving out of my parents’ home.

Rose: Back at the bungalow, I put on my comfy pj’s and checked out the messages in the bottles I found on the beach. The first one said, “I’m sorry Temperance, but your calcium rich sister has stolen my heart. Maybe in another life things could have worked out between us. G.”
Rose: Temperance, it’s his loss. Good riddance to him.

Rose: Thursday was rainy, so I went in search of something to do indoors. I discovered the Via Romanza Rec Center. After a quick tour, I decided to join this group in a game of Don’t Wake the Llama. This is Santiago Savage (Loyal, Family-Oriented, Romantic) on my right, with his son, Rodrigo (Creative), across from me. Santiago is a single parent, like I am now. The guy in the blue shirt is Heath Blanco (Cheerful, Active, Music Lover). He’s married with 2 kids.

Rose: I was feeling hungry, and remembered seeing a grill on the covered deck, so I went out to gill up some Pollo a la Brasa, a Peruvian chicken dish. Santiago and Rodrigo joined me for lunch and then Rodrigo asked me if I wanted to go fishing with him and his dad. Santiago echoed the invitation, and since it had stopped raining, I thought, Why not?

We fished awhile, but Rodrigo was getting tired, so Santiago thought he should take him home. We exchanged numbers before he left. I’m not thinking I’m ready to jump into a romantic relationship or anything, but he’s easy to talk to and fun to be with, and I wouldn’t mind seeing him again.

I went inside to paint a little before heading back to my bungalow. What a surprise it was when Xavi Garcia came up behind me and said hello!
Rose: “Xavi Garcia!? Is that really you? How are you still a teen?”
Xavi (sadly): “Oh, Rose. I wish I knew! I’m so tired of high school! I’ve been there for three generations! Your daughter is awesome, by the way.”
Rose: “Thank you. What are you doing here?”
Xavi: “Honestly? I come to places like this all the time, hoping to find a birthday cake that I can throw candles on. Maybe if I blow out some candles, I can finally get out of this stuck teen stage.”
Rose: “Oh, Xavi! Come on! You’re coming with me. I’ll bake you a cake and you can blow out the candles and we’ll see what happens!”

Xavi: “This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, Rose! Thank you! I’m a Young Adult. Finally!”
Rose: “Congratulations! And Happy Birthday!”
Xavi: “It seems amazing that I was in high school with your dad, and he’s an elder now. And look at you! I remember you in diapers, and you’re a full adult. Older than me.”
Rose: “Do you think you’ll age normally now?”
Xavi: “I don’t know. I hope so. But if I don’t, will you bake me another cake before you’re an elder?”
Rose: “Of course I will! And if for any reason I can’t, go see Jasmine. She’ll bake you one.”
Xavi: “Thank you, Rose. You don’t know how much this means to me. Now, I need a makeover. Can we go somewhere with a closet?”

Xavi: “What do you think?”
Rose (grinning): “You look great, Xavi.”
Xavi: “Thank you Rose. I mean it. For the cake. For the makeover. And most especially, for the SHOES! Thank you for the shoes! I was barefoot for three generations!”
Rose (laughing): “You’re welcome, Xavi. And welcome to adulthood. Can’t say you’re going to love it, but . . . wait . . . on second thought, maybe you actually will love it.”
Xavi: “I already do, Rose, believe me.”

Rose: Santiago called the next morning and asked me out for breakfast. We went to the StrangerVille 50’s Diner.
Santiago: “I’m so glad you wanted to come to breakfast with me, Rose.”
Rose: “And I’m so glad you invited me.”
Santiago: “You know, it’s Love Day today, and I know you’re fresh out of a relationship, so no pressure, but I would love to spend the day with you.”
Rose: "What about Rodrigo?"
Santiago: "He's at my Mom's. Won't be back until tomorrow."
Rose: “I think spending the day together sounds great. What do you want to do?”
Santiago: “So many choices. We could go to the beach. Or the movies. Or bowling. Or dancing. Or the spa. Does any of that sound like fun?”
Rose (laughing): “Oh my. How about we start by getting to know each other better over breakfast?”
Santiago (laughing): “Perfect.”

Rose: “I probably should have mentioned that I’ve never been bowling.”
Santiago: “No worries. You’ll do fine. It isn’t about the score.”
Rose: “Oh, what’s it about?”
Santiago: “It’s about me watching you wiggle your cute little tush up the alley to throw the ball.”
Rose (laughing and blushing): “I’ll have you know I never wiggle my tush.”
Santiago: “We’ll see about that.”

Rose: “We bowled for a while but didn’t bother keeping score. We were both so bad it didn’t matter. But we laughed and talked and had fun together, so overall, bowling was a big success.”

Rose: “Dancing was next on Santiago’s agenda. The newly renovated Waterside Warble was just around the corner from Lucky Llama Bowling, so we went there. But when Colin showed up, I suggested we go somewhere else.

Rose: As the sun was going down, so was the temperature, so we grabbed our coats, and then Santiago pulled me in for a kiss. To warm up, he said. It worked for me! Then he said he had another idea to warm us up.

Rose: I was a little surprised when he took me back to the Via Romanza Rec Center. But then he led me upstairs and I remembered seeing this room on my little tour of the place the day before.

Rose: We got a little carried away in the sauna. It wasn’t planned, I just . . . went with my feelings . . . and to be honest . . . it was GREAT! I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd felt that way.

Rose: The next thing I knew, I was agreeing to be his girlfriend. Imagine that! Me, divorced mother of three, somebody's girlfriend! It feels so funny to think I have a boyfriend. Funny, but nice too.

Rose: And then I was inviting him back to my bungalow to stay over.
Rose: The next day, Saturday, was the last day of my little vacation. It was also the last day of Spring. Santiago suggested I come over to his place for the day, and I was curious about his home, so I agreed. Okay, maybe that wasn’t the only reason.

Rose: Santiago’s house is amazing. It’s three stories, with lots of windows and balconies and even stained glass. It’s surrounded by water, with a stone bridge connecting his lot to the mainland.

Rose: I hadn’t played a prank this week and it was Saturday, so I needed to do that. It was either Santiago or Rodrigo. I picked Rodrigo, and innocently asked him, “What’s that spot?”
He looked down, and when I flicked him, he smiled but didn’t laugh. But he didn’t get upset either. Instead, he asked me, “You really like my Dad, don’t you? I told him I do and he said, “Dad really likes you too. And so do I.” And then he gave me a big hug.

He asked me to watch Lost Dog’s Journey Home with him. We watched the movie and chatted and I was surprised that I enjoyed being with him the same way I enjoy being with Reed and Iris. When the movie was over, Rodrigo asked his Dad if we could go swimming.

I relaxed on a pool lounger while Santiago and Rodrigo splashed and laughed around me. I knew I would really miss both of these guys when I went home later today.

Watcher Note: Santiago's house is the PiccolaLuce-Furnished by jessewithlove1 on the gallery. The Via Romanza REc Center was uploaded by Sam_Spock_25, but the original creator was katie_london. For more information about these lots, see the Lots Added post.

Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2023, 12:14:53 AM »
Oh, I love that Rose just went with the flow.

Colin seems to pop up a lot when she's out and about. Is he stalking her? She really doesn't need him in her life although I guess the kids do...
I bet you're having fun playing this gen  :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2023, 12:20:47 AM »
Oh, I love that Rose just went with the flow.

Colin seems to pop up a lot when she's out and about. Is he stalking her? She really doesn't need him in her life although I guess the kids do...
I bet you're having fun playing this gen  :)

It's so different for me. The divorce scene was kind of hard to write, but this update has been fun - both to play and to write. I'm fighting my own personal feelings about how fast Rose is moving right after a divorce. I keep reminding myself, "She has requirements, dangit! Let her go!!" 🤣

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2023, 02:51:54 PM »
I'm so glad that Rose found someone who appreciates her so!
That blissful look on Santiago's face when he becomes her boyfriend is priceless!
LOL, when Santiago mentioned the spa as one of the date possibilities, I thought to myself, "Uh oh."
U
I hope Rose sees Santiago and the adorable Rodrigo again.
Um, is it too early for me to hope that Rose is pregnant? Oh, I wonder how Reed and Iris will feel about Santiago?
Great choice of the Piccolo Luce lot!

Great update, Watcher!

Question: So, do you think the message in the bottle signed G. to Temperance from Guidry?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.12 Rose's Finale (11/19/23)
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »
2.12 Rose's Finale

After her sudden divorce from Colin, Rose took a much-needed vacation in Tartosa while her parents, Leo and Lily, watched over the kids. While visiting the Via Romanza Rec Center, Rose met a single Dad, Santiago Savage, and his son, Rodrigo. They had a lot of fun together, their love grew so naturally they barely realized it was happening before they were deep in. Rose ran into Xavi Garcia, a classmate of her father's. Neither Rose nor Xavi himself understood why he had failed to age from a teen to a young adult, but he was really tired of high school. So Rose baked him a cake and helped him celebrate his YA birthday. When it was time to come home Rose knew she would really miss both Santiago and Rodrigo, and was already considering what to about that.

Rose: I didn’t want Reed celebrating his birthday without me, so I came home a little early. No one would ever guess he was adopted, given that his coloring (skintone, hair and eyes) match Colin’s, as do his freckles, and his hair is wavy like mine. But it doesn’t matter how he came to us, he’s our son through and through.

Leo: “I can tell from the looks of you that I was right.”
Rose: “About what?”
Leo: “About it doing you good to get away for a few days.”
Rose: “Yes, Dad, you were right. It was just what I needed.”
Lily: “So, what’s his name?”
Rose: “What do you mean? Whose name?”
Lily: “You can’t fool me. I know you too well. You met someone.”
Rose: “Okay, yes I did. His name is Santiago, and I know I’m just out of my marriage but everything just feels so right with him.”
Lily: “Then don’t let him get away.”
Rose: “Really? You don’t think it’s too fast?”
Lily: “Does it feel too fast? Or does it feel right?”
Rose: “It feels right to me. But what about the kids?”

Reed: “What about the kids?”
Rose: “Reed! Where did you come from?”
Reed: “The treehouse. I heard everything. You don’t have to keep it a secret, Mom. We all know Dad has been pretty absent for quite awhile. It’s not that we don’t love him and miss him, but we love you too. And we want you to be happy.”
Rose: “Oh, Honey! How did I get so lucky with my kids?”
Reed: “It’s not luck. It’s because you’re the best Mom ever. So if you like the guy, invite him over. If we don’t like him, you know we’ll tell you.”
Rose: “There’s something else. He has a son.”
Reed: “Cool! Move ‘em in! We need more guys around here to even things up!”

Jasmine: The day Mom got back and Reed became a teen was Saturday, and that meant Prom. Reed wasn’t going to go, since he didn’t know anyone in High School yet. But then Mom told him that his Uncle Clay became a teen on Prom Day also, and he went to Prom and met his future girlfriend. That was enough to convince Reed. Three notable things happened at Prom.

Jasmine: Gideon asked me to be his girlfriend! Spoiler: I said YES!

Jasmine: I was crowned Prom Royalty and Gideon was crowned Prom Jester. I’m sure that had nothing to do with Watcher realizing we could stuff the ballot box.

Jasmine: Reed did actually meet a cute redhead named Shayna Fiore. She was very sad about a death in the family, but Reed was able to cheer her up and get her past it. She’s a Child of the Islands who Loves the Outdoors. I wonder if they’ll start dating?

Jasmine: The next morning while I was cooking breakfast, Mom said she was thinking of inviting her new friend Santiago and his son Rodrigo over to stay a couple days so we could all get to know each other. To be honest, I’m not sure about it, but I want Mom to be happy. And what if Santiago has something to do with Mom’s remaining requirement? I would really love to move out when I become a young adult in three days. Is it selfish of me to think about that? I mean, I would have given her my blessing anyway. Reed already said he wants to meet them, and Iris is really curious about Rodrigo, so I think it’s happening.

Rose: I called Santiago to see what he thought about coming to stay with us for a couple days. Five minutes later, they were coming up the sidewalk. Rodrigo hit the porch first, not shy at all, but Santiago was catching up fast. I admit that I was really happy to see them.

Rose: We all chatted for a little while getting to know each other. And then we talked about what we wanted to do. We decided on the Oasis Bloom Water Park.

Rose: Iris and Rodrigo played on the jungle gym.

Rose: Santiago, Jasmine, Reed and I relaxed in the hot tub. We all enjoyed our day together.

Santiago: “Rose, is everything ok? You’ve seemed a little . . . distracted . . . today.”
Rose: “Oh, well . . . you remember I told you about my legacy requirements? Well, there’s one I have to complete by tomorrow, and it’s kind of big. Actually, it’s after midnight, so it’s the end of the day today. I’ve been putting it off because it impacts more than just me, and I’m not sure how to tell everyone. And everyone includes you, especially if  . . . well, if . . . . we’re going to be together.”
Santiago: “Well, if it helps, my vote is that we are going to be together. And nothing you’re going to say is going to change my mind.”

Jasmine: “Okay, Mom, we’re ready. Tell us about your last legacy requirements.”
Rose: “Okay, here goes nothing. First of all, your Dad leaving was predestined. I didn’t know it until after he left, but it was actually required for me, because my required marital status is Second Chance, meaning I must have a second live-in partner.”
Santiago: “I’d like to volunteer for that please.”
Rose (smiling): “Application accepted. I also have to have or adopt a child. Obviously, I’ll be adopting, as I’m not pregnant.”
Rodrigo: “I know! You can marry us! Me and Dad! I mean, you know, marry Dad and adopt me!”
Rose: “Santiago, is that possible? Would his mother agree?”
Santiago: “His mother hasn’t been in his life since the day he was born. She doesn’t need to agree.”

Santiago: “Rose Sandoval, Rodrigo and I love you and want to marry you. Will you marry us?”
Rose: “There’s nothing I’d like better. Of course I will.”

Rose: Santiago and Reed put up an arch on the back deck, and Jasmine decorated it with flowers from her garden. We had a very small, quick ceremony on the back deck - just Santiago, me, and the kids. It was perfect.

Rose: And then I told Rodrigo how very happy it makes me to be his Mom, and I officially adopted him.

Rodrigo: “So can I really call you Mom? You’re really my Mom now?”
Rose: “Yes I am. I am really and truly your Mom.”
Rodrigo: “I love you, Mom.”
Rose: “I love you too, Son.”

Jasmine: “Welcome to the family, Rodrigo.”
Santiago: “Thanks!”
Reed: “Dude, we’re not outnumbered anymore.”
Iris: “When’s your birthday? Mine’s tomorrow.”
Santiago: “Mine’s tomorrow too!”
Iris: “That means we’re twins. I didn’t know we were going to be twins!”

Rose: “How do you like your Spellcaster Room, Jasmine?”
Jasmine: “I love it Mom! I’m going to hate leaving it when I move out.”
Rose: “Ha! It’s my ploy to get you to come and visit.”
Jasmine: “Speaking of moving out, are your requirements done now?”
Rose: “Actually, there is one more thing. I have to buy something expensive.”
Jasmine: “What?”
Rose: “Anything I want, it just has to be expensive. I considered a rocketship, but it’s not the most expensive thing I can buy.”
Jasmine: “What’s more expensive than a rocketship?”

Rose: “This bed.”
Jasmine: “Wow! Um . . . which one are you picking?”
Rose: “I’ve been looking at them and looking at them and  . . . I . . . . just . . . . can’t.”
Jasmine: “You can’t pick which one?”
Rose: “It doesn’t matter which one. I just can’t put one of those in my house.”
Jasmine: “Is there any other choice?”
Rose: “Well, there’s a violin that’s the same price, but I got rid of all the other musical instruments that your Dad didn’t take. I’m not sure I want another one around.”
Jasmine: “So you buy it, and I’ll take it with me when I move out.”
Rose: “Deal!”

Rose: We got some really sad news early this morning. As soon as I heard, I went over to their house to talk Dad to move in with me and the kids. He was so sad, it wasn’t hard to convince him. We brought her tombstone with us and put it in the backyard. Watcher moved Clay’s girlfriend, Johanna Leone, in with Clay so he wouldn’t be alone. We mourned together as a family, and then I passed out Moodlet Solvers. We had birthdays to celebrate and Mom wouldn’t have wanted us all crying through them.

Rose: Iris invited Rodrigo to go first.   

Rose: And then she blew out hers.

Rose: This is our last family photo all together. Tomorrow, Jasmine will celebrate her birthday and move out.

Progress:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2023, 06:45:08 PM »
I'm so glad that Rose got her HEA and someone who really appreciates her.
I love that Santiago included his son Rodrigo in his marriage proposal. 
How nice for Rodrigo to finally have a Mom!

All the kids grew up into lovely teens!
Can't wait fo read about Jasmine's new life as the Gen3 active heir!!!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2023, 06:55:48 PM »
I'm so glad that Rose got her HEA and someone who really appreciates her.
I love that Santiago included his son Rodrigo in his marriage proposal. 
How nice for Rodrigo to finally have a Mom!

All the kids grew up into lovely teens!
Can't wait fo read about Jasmine's new life as the Gen3 active heir!!!

I'm such a sucker for the HEA!
Rodrigo's situation hit home with me because my granddaughter Rosie's birth mom is not really in her life - she calls maybe a couple times a year, typically not when she says she will. When my son settled down with a new partner, it meant so much to Rosie to have a mom every day.
I've been thinking out details for Jasmine at night after I go to bed when I should be sleeping. I'm excited to get started with her.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2023, 02:26:56 AM »
This was such a happy episode - a lovely end to Rose's time in the spotlight.

With Jasmine raring to go, the next gen should be great too. Good luck Jasmine!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 3.01 Magic, Marketing and Marriage (11/22/23)
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2023, 03:13:46 AM »
3.01 Magic, Marketing and Marriage

Rose came home from her Tartosa vacation with a new love in her life. Gideon asked Jasmine to be his girlfriend at Prom, and they won Prom Royalty and Prom Jester. Rose invited her new love, Santiago, and his son for a stayover to meet her family. It went very well, and Santiago proposed. They were married at home, and Rose adopted Santiago's son, Rodrigo. A final purchase of something expensive (a virtuoso violin) completed Rose's requirements. Just before Rodrigo and Iris aged up to teens, Rose received word that her Mom, Lily, had died. Rose retrieved Lily's tombstone, brought it home with her, and convinced her father Leo to move in with her, Santiago and the kids. With Rose's requirements complete, Jasmine was free to move out.

Jasmine: I moved into this cute little house in Glimmerbrook. I really wanted to learn more about this world of magic that Gideon introduced me to. I also want to learn more about Gideon. But first I needed to run a food sale since it took most of my money just to buy my house.

I made waffles and Baked Alaska and I spent most of the day running 2 sales in my front yard. I sold 7 Berry Waffles and 8 Baked Alaska. A lot of customers left without buying, and I hate to say it, but Santiago was one of them. But I still made a total of §5,568. I probably could have made more, but I started with just a 200% markup. Maybe next time I’ll go for 300%.

I went to the Magic Realm to check out Caster’s Alley. I thought I might find a Tome or two. I actually got three: Deliriate, Decursify, and Zipzap. Then I headed to HQ to try my hand at a potion. I want to get a cauldron of my own, but I think I need to bank a little more money first.
My Potion of Plentiful Needs was successful, and it worked like a charm! I was really glad because it seems like someone’s always pranking the loo around here.

I asked for Arihi’s help and she taught me the Floralorial spell and the Potion of Nausea. I don’t know why I’d ever choose to be nauseous, but if I ever do, I’m ready. She also gave me several tips, and convinced me to get a wand. And I’m so glad, because when I went back to Caster’s Ally to get the wand, I was also able to get some new tomes - Copypasto, Dedeathify, and Perk Purging.

I set up my next food stall at the Oasis Springs Water Park. I wasn’t successful at convincing anyone to buy, but still I banked §6,750 selling Baked Alaska and Neapolitan Ice Cream. I was pretty hungry by the time I finished my food sale, so I considered my options. I could eat some of the Baked Alaska, I could drink a Potion of Plentiful Needs, or I could see if Gideon wanted to go out to eat with me for Night on the Town. Wanna’ guess which one I picked?

We decided on the Salty Paws Seafood Grill. Gideon ordered for us, which was quite a surprise. I’m the only one in the active household, so I thought I’d be ordering. But he was such a gentleman, jumping in and ordering us Lobster Thermidor and Lobster Tortellini.

I’m pretty sure Francesca was just here getting a Chilling Mocha ice cream cone. Is that why she’s blue? Hmmmm . . . should I mention that to Kristopher? Nah, werewolves run hot, right?

Jasmine (on the phone): “Hi Gideon! Oh, do I want to duel you at the dueling grounds? I’d rather kiss you at the Romance Festival . . . . okay, I’ll meet you there.”

We danced . . . and we dipped . . . and we kissed . . . and then . . .

Jasmine: “Gideon! Is this a real proposal, or a heat-of-the-moment thing?”
Gideon: “It’s a heat-of-the-moment real honest-to-goodness I-love-you-and-want-to-marry-you proposal. So please say yes.”
Jasmine: “Yes, of course, yes!”

Jasmine: We got married on the deck at Mom’s house - under the same arch where Mom and Santiago took their vows less than a week ago. Then we took off for Granite Falls for a short honeymoon.

We stayed in this very nice A-frame in Granite Falls, complete with its own fishing pond, sunken fire pit area, lots of space on the main level, and three bedrooms upstairs.

I was very interested in the unidentified plants. I harvested from more than 50 of them and ultimately I was able to identify them all.

Gideon spread a yoga mat out on the deck and practiced yoga while I hunted down plants and insects. This deck was the perfect place for him to pursue his search for Inner Peace.

Gideon brought §20,000 into our household, so we built a detached magic room with a rear entrance. It has a cauldron, bookcase holding our magic tomes, and a desk with a computer. It’s small, but I love it. And we can always make it bigger later if we need more space. Right now, I’m focusing on improving my magic, but Gideon is more focused on wellness.

This shows the layout of our house. As you can see, we don’t have any kind of living room. Gideon and I talked about adding one but we decided the magic room was more important. Oh look! There’s Mom on the front porch.

After Mom left we realized it was TV Season Premiere day and we didn’t even own a TV. So we added one in the bedroom and had a stay-home date. We discovered that watching the Season Premiere during a date didn’t count for the event, but we had a gold date and got a VIP Bucket of Champagne that kept us feeling flirty while we watched the Season Premiere for the second time. And I won’t mention what happened after that.

I was very curious about dueling, after watching those two spellcasters duel it out on my very first visit to the Magic Realm. Now that I knew several spells and a few potions, I felt like I was ready to try my hand . . . or rather, my wand . . . at dueling. I met Bernard Volkov at Caster’s Alley. His name surprised me; I thought the Volkovs were werewolves, not spellcasters. I asked him if he’d be interested in a duel, and he grinned like he knew something I didn’t and said, “Race you there.”

I took him down pretty quickly. Maybe I shouldn’t have started with a teen, but, hey, he could have said no, right?

It was the last day of summer, and Gideon and I thought we’d go out and celebrate. He suggested a new place he’d heard of and told me to put on my best cowgirl attire. I didn’t think I really had any cowgirl attire, but I dug around in my closet and finally found something suitable and we headed out to The Rusty Horseshoe nightclub.

Watcher: Does anyone recognize the green ghostly presence? That’s right! It’s Violet Fontaine - that Whackadoodle who tried to steal Leo, our founder, away from the love of his life, Lily, by falsely claiming Leo to be the father of her unborn child.

Jasmine: I noticed flashbulbs going off and looked to see what that was about. Imagine my surprise when I saw my Dad out there hootin’ it up on the dance floor. I spotted three paparazzi taking pictures, and several fans who couldn’t get enough.

He actually wasn’t half bad at the dance, but it was sure a surprise to see him here. But the next surprise was a bigger one.

Jasmine: “Grandma Lily! What are you doing here? I didn’t know ghosts could come out dancing!”
Lily: “Of course we can! Death doesn’t end things, Jasmine, it just changes them. I lead a very full life, despite being dead. Now give me a hug and then scoot. Go dance with that fine looking husband of yours. We’ll talk more later.”

Jasmine: Later, after most of the crowd was gone, Gideon and I finally made our way to the dance floor and tried the moves we’d been watching all evening. This Cowpoke dance was surprisingly fun, but I admit I’m glad no one was watching.

By the time we got home it was early morning, the first day of Fall. We could see our breath. Time to pull out the warm coats.

Information regarding completed generations can be found  in the Generations Challenge Requirements post.

Progress:

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2023, 04:23:25 AM »
Ah Jasmine. You seem to have really lovely requirements so far. Fingers crossed that your other ones match up. That Jealous trait is a bit worrying.

I like that they had fun on their dates and honeymoon. Gideon seems a great catch.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2023, 10:14:40 AM »
Before I forget, I want to mention how much I liked that shot of Santiago & Rodrigo running to Rose's home with their suitcases for their stayover.
Some great shots in this update, too. I probably like J&G clicking their heels in the air doing the cowpoke dance.
Also, the new house is adorable! I bet if you moved the dining table parallel to the kitchen counters, you could squeeze in a loveseat.

Congrats to Jas on her new life in Glimmerbrook!
As for Inner Peace, place a stereo & incense burner near Gid so he's constantly in the presence of New Age music and incense.
Good luck, you two!

anything