Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 39316 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.10 Big Day Before the Big Day (7/3/23)
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2023, 12:14:15 AM »
Watcher, your timing is impeccable!
So much happening around Leo & Lily's adult birthday...the birth of the enchanting Rose, Lily's graduation, and next the wedding!
All of Rose's images are so cute, but that last one is beyond adorable!
I bet Leo & Lily are looking forward to moving into a bigger home!

Looking forward to the wedding!!!

P.S. That Clement Frost replacement looks exactly like the 2nd Father Winter in my game, lol.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »

Haha, the BETRAYED moodlet is so great. I haven't seen that one yet. And the first laugh at her own toot? Little Rose is already such a character. Looking forward to more of her tale. Next up a wedding episode: woo!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2023, 05:12:28 PM »
Watcher, your timing is impeccable!
So much happening around Leo & Lily's adult birthday...the birth of the enchanting Rose, Lily's graduation, and next the wedding!
All of Rose's images are so cute, but that last one is beyond adorable!
I bet Leo & Lily are looking forward to moving into a bigger home!

Looking forward to the wedding!!!

P.S. That Clement Frost replacement looks exactly like the 2nd Father Winter in my game, lol.

Yes, the timing was kind of important since I can't make the house bigger until Leo's adult birthday. Lily and Leo will age up the day after the wedding, and the house will grow before Rose grows . . . into a toddler. I think we'll all appreciate the extra space.

Yes, I'm not sure how random the Father Winters really are, because this appearance is very familiar.

Haha, the BETRAYED moodlet is so great. I haven't seen that one yet. And the first laugh at her own toot? Little Rose is already such a character. Looking forward to more of her tale. Next up a wedding episode: woo!
I thought that betrayed action and moodlet was the funniest thing - I could just see my little granddaughter doing that exact thing! SO dramatic!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.11 The Next Big Day (7/4/23)
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2023, 05:57:28 PM »
1.11 The Next Big Day

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Lily finished her university studies and attended graduation - it was a proud day for both her and Leo. Little Rose was born and quickly became the center of her parents' Simverse. She's reached several milestones and will soon be ready for toddlerhood. Leo baked the wedding cake, and now we join our soon-to-be newlyweds as they prepare for their wedding.

Lily: What a perfect way for a bride to start her wedding day! A nice long soak with bath salts. Mmmmmmm!

Lily: I don’t know if Leo arranged this, or if Watcher did, but I could get used to this! Who doesn’t want a hand massage and a manicure before getting married?

Lily: Oh, my! Also a foot massage and pedicure. Such pampering!

Emily: “Ok, I’m not good at that stuff, but I AM good at hair and make-up, so I get to do those!”
Lily: "Just don't touch the scissors! I still remember playing hairdresser with you as kids!"
Emily: "Yeah, and I cut off half your hair! I'm surprised you forgave me."
Lily: "Aww, hair grows back but BFF's are forever!"

Dustin: “Hey, Leo. There’s a dude out there looking for you. I told him you were busy getting ready for your wedding, but he just chuckled and said you’d want to see him.”
Leo: “Who is it?”
Dustin: “He gave me this card to give you and said he’d be waiting by the fountain.

Leo: “Uncle Sol’s here? How did he get here?”
Dustin: “Dude, you know this guy?”
Leo: “I think so.”

Leo: “Uncle Sol! What are you doing here?”
Sol: “Reginald, my boy! Good to see you! I’m here to photograph your wedding, of course.”
Leo: “I’m not Reginald anymore, Uncle Sol. It’s Leo now.”

Sol: “Oh, right, right. Watcher told me. Some ridiculous nonsense about not having two Cordova Dynasties in a row and you taking on your cousin Leo’s name.”
Leo: “Yeah. I’m used to it now. It even feels right to me.”
Sol: “Well I’m going to take a look around. I see there’s a photo area in the gazebo, and we’ll make good use of that. But I want to check out the arch and the reception area and so on. We’ll talk more later.”

Leo: “Mom! Dad! You’re here too!”
Jayden: “You didn’t think we’d pass on a chance to be at your wedding did you?”
Leo: “I didn’t know you’d HAVE a chance to be here!”
Sophia: “Well, you know your Aunt Samantha. Always tinkering with her inventions. She modified that Wormhole Generator thingy she built to let her travel to different Simverses. I’ll explain more later, but she found you here, and heard about your wedding, so she modified that contraption again to send us here for 24 hours so we could be at your wedding.”

Stylist: “We’ll find you the perfect look Leo, don’t you worry. We just need the right amount of . . . “
Leo: “Fog?”
Stylist: “I was going to say Skill and Magic.”

Leo: “Okay, just stop. This one is fine.”
Stylist: “It’s fine? Just fine? You know it would be easier if you’d tell me what you want.”
Leo: “I want this. It’s perfect. Like you read my mind.”
Stylist: “Oh, well then. Okay.”

Dustin: “My man Leo is about to leave his single, carefree days behind. So let’s toast our bygone days of basketball, meals made of whatever was left in the park, and hanging at the homeless lot!”

Emily: “And now a toast to our lovely friend, Lily. May your days be happy and your nights be passionate!”
Lily: “Woo! You got that right!”
Emily: “C’mon! Let’s go get you hitched!”

Lily: “Awwww, Dad.”
Vincent: “Don’t mind me, honey, I’m fine. And you are the most beautiful bride!”
Lily: “Thanks, Dad.”

Officiant: “Leo, you dropped into this Simverse with no idea what was in store for you, and now you’ve found your future in Lily. It is such a pleasure to be here with you both as you join your hearts and lives together forever.”

First kiss as a married couple.

Leo: “We did it.”
Lily: “We did. You’re stuck with me forever now.”
Leo: “I am so lucky.”

Dustin: “This afternoon we toasted days gone by. Now we toast the future for Lily and Leo, along with their beautiful daughter Rose. May you have the most glorious days ahead of you.”

Leo: “Now we have to work quickly, because as soon as we cut this, the masses will descend and grab up pieces.”
Lily: “Okay, so, slice and grab. Ready? 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . .SLICE . . . GRAB!’
Leo: “Darn, not quick enough.”
Lily: “No worries. I’d rather dance than eat cake anyway.”

Lily (laughing): “Oh my gosh! Why did we give them so much rice!”
Leo (laughing): “Hey, not my fault! I wanted bubbles!”

Sol: “Your Officiant was quite a surprise, Leo.”
Leo: “She’s a new neighbor.”
Sol: “A new neighbor? Is that what she told you?”
Leo: “Yeah. I met her the other night. She came by and introduced herself. I’m not really sure how it happened, but the next thing I knew she was volunteering to officiate and I was saying yes.”
Sol: “Yeah, she has a way of getting you to do whatever she wants.”
Leo: “So you know her? How do you know my new neighbor?”
Sol (chuckling): “She’s no neighbor. That, my boy, was your Watcher.”
Leo: “WHAT?? No, can’t be!”
Sol (laughing): “How long was she gone?”
Leo: “What?”
Sol: “She disappeared, right? Been gone quite awhile, I’d say, from the looks of this fancy wedding.”
Lily: “I don’t understand. What are you talking about?”
Leo: “Actually, yes, she was gone awhile, and right after she assured me that she would never abandon us.”
Sol (chuckling): “Sounds about right. Lily, Watcher has a way of disappearing, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks, occasionally for months.”
Sophia: “Now, Sol, you know what she’s doing is important.”
Sol: “Right. Apparently she goes off to some place called Sanctuary and . . . get this . . . fights monsters.”

Sol: “Oh, before I forget . . . I went ahead and framed a few of the photos I took.”
Lily: “Oh Sol, it’s lovely! But, Leo, your Watcher is a monster-fighter? Isn’t that dangerous?”
Sol: “Naw, it’s not hardcore. Sometimes she sports a bow, sometimes she’s more of a sorcerer with a wand, sometimes she raises skeletons to fight with her. Recently I heard something about her shapeshifting into a werebear. But that’s not the only thing that pulls her away. She took off shortly before I was born to run around celebrating birthdays with all of Dad’s cousins. When she came back, Mom had a surprise for her. A couple days later, Samantha, Shay and I were born. Watcher was none too happy about Mom having triplets; it was supposed to be just Sophia and Sierra, but she knew it wouldn’t have happened if she hadn’t gone off. As soon as we all achieved Top-Notch Toddler, Watcher gave us a new house. A big one, with a big yard.”
Sophia: “That’s right. We got a nice big house, you got a big fancy wedding. She tries to make up for being gone.”
Sol: “Still, it was a surprise to see her actually here.”

Sol: “Now I’m going to have to head out. But before I go, a couple more photos for you.”

Watcher's Note:All of the screenshots with Cordovas (and Watcher) in them were actually taken in a separate save file, so these Sims won't be showing up at the front door.
Also, the thing with the cake was real - in practice and in the real game, the Sims converged on the cake so fast that Leo and Lily were never able to actually get a piece and feed each other cake. I could have done things to prevent that, but didn't want to bother, and it was kind of funny the way they all dove in.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.11 The Next Big Day
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2023, 08:50:00 PM »

Wow, what a great wedding! You really went all out, and it's gorgeous. Love the photos - I should really stop and take the time to do some of those. I looked up Sanctuary. Is it Sanctuary: Shattered Sun? That's all that's popping up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2023, 09:23:34 PM »
Oh, the wedding extravaganza to end all wedding extravaganzas!
Watcher, you really outdid yourself!  I loved all the pre-ceremony shots of the couple choosing hairstyles and such.
Having Sol Cordova be the wedding photographer, including Leo's Cordova family members as wedding guests, and choosing your simself as Officiant.. *chef's kiss
The screenshots were all fantastic!

What a lovely, lovely, lovely wedding! <3
Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into this gorgeous wedding for our readerly pleasure!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2023, 09:51:24 PM »

Wow, what a great wedding! You really went all out, and it's gorgeous. Love the photos - I should really stop and take the time to do some of those. I looked up Sanctuary. Is it Sanctuary: Shattered Sun? That's all that's popping up.

No, it's Diablo IV - the world is called Sanctuary, and it has a ton of lore behind that. It just released June 6 (notice the immediately close proximity to when my updates stopped paused). I didn't play Diablo I - I started with Diablo III (@Metropolis Man got me and @oshizu into that a few years ago) and then played Diablo II Resurrected for a little while when they came out with that. Now I'm deeply immersed in Diablo IV.

Oh, the wedding extravaganza to end all wedding extravaganzas!
Watcher, you really outdid yourself!  I loved all the pre-ceremony shots of the couple choosing hairstyles and such.
Having Sol Cordova be the wedding photographer, including Leo's Cordova family members as wedding guests, and choosing your simself as Officiant.. *chef's kiss
The screenshots were all fantastic!

What a lovely, lovely, lovely wedding! <3
Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into this gorgeous wedding for our readerly pleasure!

Thank you so much - yes, I did put hours and hours into this. It was a lot of fun, mixed with some frustration, of course. I actually did the wedding over and over in multiple save files in order to get enough photos to make it seem like it all came off without a hitch (hence the decision not to worry about the cake thing). It was fun and definitely a learning experience. But, I am thinking that most, if not all, of the Sims throughout the rest of the challenge will most likely prefer a smaller, more informal (easier) wedding.
;)

It was really fun including the Cordovas! When I decided to learn a bit about poses and include a few of those, I thought of bringing in Sol as the photographer. Then I found a mod that lets you take photos using a camera and tripod but without needing an actual photographer, which is actually quite helpful. But by that time Sol was in and had a business card, so then it made sense to bring in Sophia and Jayden as well. Meanwhile, I've been thinking I really should change my profile pic here on the forum from that one I created in Sims 3 back in 2013 when Island Paradise was released. And that's what gave me the idea to insert my Simself (well, okay, my younger Simself) into the story.

All in all, it was a fun way to finish off the first generation - there will be one more gen 1 chapter, just because Rose can't take over any narration yet, so the next chapter will cover her toddler time, and the following chapter will be the official beginning of Gen 2 (when Rose is a child).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.12 The End of the Beginning
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2023, 12:40:36 AM »
1.12 The End of the Beginning

Leo and Lily got married in a beautiful ceremony at Bella Vista Gardens. It was a wonderful day that started with manicures and pedicures and ended with surprising information for Leo about his wedding officiant. This was not the first of Leo's surprises that day - his Uncle Soloman and his parents Simverse-jumped from Leo's former Simverse to his current one to attend the wedding. Overall, it was a perfect day. It was also the couple's last day as young adults, which also meant it was their last day in a Tier 1 tiny home.

Leo: Lily and I aged up to adult the day after the wedding - it was time, and we were ready. Mostly because we were ready for a bigger house, and that couldn’t happen until I was an adult.

Leo: This is the expanded floor plan. As you can see, we aren’t finished furnishing it - Rose’s room just has a crib and the new bathroom just has a tub. But it’s a start.

Leo: Rose has learned to crawl! I knew she could do it. She’s such a smart and active little one.

Lily: “Leo! Look at this! My very first freelance writing gig, and they loved it! They even want a sequel!”
Leo: “That’s awesome, Lily! You should be proud.”
Lily: “Oh, I am. But I’m not sure I’m ready to jump right into another book. I want time with Rose. Her birthday’s tomorrow and there’s so much for her to learn as a toddler. I think I’ll put them off for a bit.”

Rose: "Mommy made fire on da take?"
Lily: “That’s right, Honey. Those are candles. And now we’re going to blow the fire out, and then you will be a big girl!”

Rose: “I big now, Mommy!”
Lily: “You sure are! And look at your cute curly hair!”

Leo: “These are flash cards, Rose. Let’s learn some new words.”
Rose: “Words, Daddy!”

Rose: Dis my bear. I lub my bear.

Leo: I’m not sure who loves playing together more - Rose or me! But without a doubt, Lily is the best cheerleader!

Rose: “Bubble bubble I’m a bubble!”

Leo: For Rose, her books seem to be entertainment and a snack!
Lily: “No, honey, don’t eat the book. The book is for reading, not eating.”

Lily: “Leo, come look! Is Rose doing a T-pose challenge?! How does she know about that?"

Leo: “No, honey, she’s just telling the plant a story. You know how excited and animated she gets when she’s babbling out a story.”

Leo: “Dustin, buddy, you don’t have to fix my sink!”
Dustin: “Well, I'm the one who broke it, so I think it’s only fair.”

Leo: Rose has such an imagination. It’s no wonder she maxed that skill first. She loves playing with her toys.

Leo: Oh, look! My angel is making an angel!

Lily: I also made a snowpal. I tried three times to make it with Leo, but he just never came out to help.

Leo: “Sorry. I was busy reading Rose to sleep.”
Lily: “You know she’s a heavy sleeper and can go to sleep on her own.”
Leo: “Yeah, maybe it was more for me than for her. She’s just growing up so fast.”

Leo: “Ummm, Lily, do you really think that’s a good thing to do in the house? And with Rose trying to sleep in the next room?”
Lily: “Heavy sleeper, remember?”
Leo: “Okay, but when did you take up soccer ball juggling? And why?”
Lily: “Just now. I want to lose this extra tummy I’ve acquired since having Rose and eating all the yummy foods you make.”
Leo: “But why soccer ball juggling? Seems kind of random.”
Lily: “You know Petey, from Petey Plays It? Well, he researched all the different ways we can exercise to compare their impact on muscle tone and overall weight. He found out that some add muscle but don’t make you thinner, and some make you thinner but don’t add muscle. His research showed that the best way to slim down AND build muscle tone is juggling a soccer ball. Not what you'd expect, right? Even he was surprised. But I’m giving it a try.”

Leo: “Rose, you are so amazing! All your toddler skills are maxed and you still have a couple of days before your birthday. I have something to teach you that is just for big girls. I think you’re ready. It’s called " Please and Thank you.”
Rose: “Okay Daddy, but then I need to go hug Mommy again. Now I did all my skills, I just always want to hug Mommy.”

Lily: “Dad, it’s great that you just happened to stop by right when we’re celebrating Rose’s birthday. I just wish you’d brought Mom.”
Vincent: “You know I would have, Honey, if anyone had called and told us Rose’s celebration was tonight.”
Lily: “Oh, yeah, my bad. But, Rose, you know what to do!”

Leo: Who do you think Rose most resembles?

Progress: End of Gen 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.12 The End of the Beginning (7/8/23)
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2023, 01:11:27 PM »
Rose is so pretty and it's great to see how besotted her parents are with her!
A sim can change a lot until their teen birthday, so I'm not sure about resemblance.
But I think Rose has Leo's eyes and mouth with Lily's jawline and nose.
Haha, I can't say who Rose resembles "more."
Rose is off to such a great start!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.01 Surprises for Rose (7/14/23)
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2023, 12:42:12 AM »
2.01 Surprises for Rose

Leo and Lily reached adulthood, which means the house can finally be expanded. The only challenge requirement left is simply for Leo to stay in the same house and never expand it beyond 100 tiles (tier 3 tiny home). Rose mastered all her toddler skills, thereby earning the Top-Notch Toddler trait to go with her Top-Notch Infant trait. And now this story becomes hers.

Rose: My birthday was on Saturday, New Year’s Eve, but my age bar didn’t sparkle until almost 8pm. That meant I didn't have time to do all my New Year’s Eve stuff before it was too late, so I had a sad feeling for 8 hours because of an awful New Year’s Eve. Also, I aged up with clothes and hair I didn’t really like. On the bright side, I did get to have a makeover and I had time to make a resolution. Dad invited me into the Family Club and we had a club event with dancing, and I felt good about being with my family. So overall, the good outweighed the bad and I felt inspired all evening and even the next morning.

On Sunday, Dad explained about our family challenge and how I’m the second generation heir. He said I’ll have some requirements to do, and he’ll tell me about them as it becomes time to do them. He also said I’ve already completed a few without even knowing, so maybe they won’t be too hard. The first one sounded pretty great - it’s all about slumber parties. But I didn’t have any friends yet, so we talked about it and decided I’d go ahead and work on Whiz Kid - that’s where you do certain things to build your mental skills. It started with Mom reading me a cool book called “My Pizzi-Cat-O-Polka”.

I needed to play chess, and I really wanted to meet at least one other kid before school the next day, so we went to the Celebration Center in San Sequoia. It was the first day of Spring, but there was still snow in Newcrest. San Sequoia was much warmer - we could even wear shorts there! I met Zoey MacCoy on the playground. Right away, she started mocking me and I thought she was just being mean, but then she explained that it was Prank Day, and she was being mischievous, not mean.

I just happened to have a hand buzzer in my pocket, so I used it on Zoey. It shocked her big time! I was afraid she might get mad, but we had a good laugh about it, so it’s all okay.

I found a chess table inside, and played a game with a girl named Diane. She said she’s cheerful, but she looked really sad. After the game, I tried to cheer her up. It seemed to be working, so I pretended to be a mermaid as a prank. She thought it was funny.

Just then another girl came in and sat down at the chess table, so I asked if she wanted to play. Her name is Stephanie. We played a game and got to know each other. She said she’s a music lover so I told her I’m creative and she said those go well together so we’ll probably be good friends.

I went upstairs to see what’s up there, and I heard music coming from the music room - someone was playing the piano, but I couldn’t see who it was. I didn’t want to be rude, but I peeked around the corner to see who it was.

Boy, did I ever get a surprise! I didn’t even know there could be ghosts in our world, much less that they could play the piano! His name is Koji Fukuda. He said he was just learning to play the piano when he died, and he still wanted to learn it, so he comes here whenever he can. He said he’s the one who turned the piano around so no one could see him from the door. He figured someone brave enough to come look, like I did, wouldn’t be scared of him just because he’s a ghost.

Everyone was getting hungry so Mom made some fish tacos. When I went to get some, I saw Dad trimming a bonsai tree. I guess he really likes gardening.

Mom knew I needed one more chess game, so she came to play with me. I tricked her into looking the other way and moved the pieces around. She caught me, but she didn't get mad. She just laughed and said she used to play that trick on Dad when they played chess in the park as teenagers.

That made three chess games, and I was feeling really focused, so I went upstairs to do my homework. Mom came up to mentor me. This Whiz Kid aspiration is a breeze!

At breakfast on Monday, Dad asked how I liked Prank Day. I told him it was great! Playing pranks is so much fun! He said he was glad to hear that, because I have a Miscellaneous Fun requirement to play at least one successful prank every week. Technically, it starts when I’m a teen, but he said there’s no harm in starting early. What could be better?!? I have a parent-approved requirement to play pranks, so I won’t get in trouble for it! I may just have the best life any kid ever had!

I got my grade up to a B on Monday, and the teacher gave me a project to work on. I did my homework first, because I was still feeling focused from my Citrus soak this morning. Dad mentored me for homework and Mom mentored me for extra credit. They are both working on Super Parent aspirations. Dad made dinner since he’s the better cook, so Mom helped me with my project.

Tuesday morning I woke up with a loose tooth! I wiggled it, but that was a mistake. It just made it hurt more! I thought about asking if I could miss school, because of the pain and all, but I decided against it. It didn’t really hurt all that much, and I did want to show my friends.

I studied hard all day on Tuesday, and that, along with my extra credit and project, got me up to an A in school.  I told Mom I thought I should be able to stop going because I had the best grade I could possibly get. I couldn’t believe she went for it! She said if I promised to work on Scout Badges and aspirations and not just sit around playing video games, that I could use my three days of vacation for the rest of the week. And next week is Spring Break. I jumped right in to work on my Young Scientist Badge. These Scout Activities are fun. I really do have the best life!

I woke up early Wednesday morning, thinking about all the fun things I’d be doing the next three days. First thing, I made a friendship bracelet. And then . . . my tooth felt weird, and I reached up to touch it, and it just fell out! I brought my tooth and my friendship bracelet out to show Mom, and got a bit of a surprise.

Rose: “Mom! What’s the confetti about? Is it your birthday?”
Lily: “No-o-o-o-o. Not my birthday. But it is the sign of a birthday to come.”
Lily (louder): “Leo! Could you come out here, honey?”
Leo: “Sure. Give me a minute.”

Lily: “I’ve got big news! We’re adding to the family!”
Leo: “What?? Really??”
Rose: “We’re getting a dog??”
Lily (laughing): “Yes, really, and no, we’re not getting a dog. We’re having a baby!”
Leo: “Oh my goodness, Lily!”
Rose: “Why?”

Leo: “Honey, what do you think about us having another baby?”
Rose: “It’s good, I guess, except . . . we don’t really have room for another baby. Our house is pretty small.”
Leo: “Good point, Rose. I need to start thinking about expanding again.”
Rose: “I have an idea. We could build me a treehouse, and I could sleep in it and the baby could have my room.”
Leo: “It’s very nice of you to offer to give up your room, Rose, but we’re not going to have you sleeping in a treehouse until you’re old enough to move out.”
Rose: “Okay, but how about we build a treehouse first, and I can sleep there just until you have time to plan and build the expansion?”
Leo (chuckling): “Well, it is Spring, so it’s warm enough. You’re a pretty good negotiator, sweetie. I’ll look into building a treehouse first.”
Rose: “Thanks, Dad.”

Rose: I got scout badge progress just from washing my hands! And more for putting dishes in the dishwasher.

Rose: It was morning, but I decided to put my tooth under my pillow and go back to sleep. I’ve heard of kids losing their tooth before they could put it under their pillow, and I didn’t want that to happen to me.  The Tooth Fairy gave me this Molar Bear poster and a certificate. I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but it’s a little lame. I was hoping for something like five simoleons or something like that.

Rose: I got some breakfast, and then went outside looking for Mom and Dad, and I got another surprise - Mom and Dad were building me a treehouse! I ran out to tell Mom how happy this makes me and that I wanted to help, and guess what? I got scout badge progress for that! This scouting thing is a piece of cake!

I climbed up into my treehouse as soon as it was done and I put my Scout Board up there. There wasn’t space for it in the house anywhere, and I wanted to check on my progress. I’m doing pretty good, I think. And I can see so far from up here! Have I mentioned lately how great my life is?! Hmmm. . . I just hope this new baby doesn’t come along and ruin it. Nah . . . a tiny little baby couldn’t do that . . . . could it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2023, 06:01:48 PM »
It's great to see Rose enjoying her childhood so much!
Every little thing she chooses to do or is asked to do, she enjoys to the max!
What a great attitude!
Also, she was lucky to meet so many girls her age at the Celebration Center.
That building is so huge, though. I wish it were smaller...
Or maybe I need to download a smaller Rec Center from the gallery and place it somewhere warm.

How fantastic that Leo & LIlly are expecting!
My sims have never lived in a Small Home (100 tiles).
Looking forward to the Sandoval's house expansion and what the Watcher thinks of Small Home living.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2023, 02:22:51 AM »
" I just hope this new baby doesn’t come along and ruin it. Nah . . . a tiny little baby couldn’t do that . . . . could it?"
Rofl ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »

A soccer ball - what an interesting exercise tip! Glad to see that Rose is living the quintessential perfect childhood . . . for now. :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.02 Slumber Party! (8/20/23)
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2023, 11:27:09 PM »
2.02 Slumber Party!

Rose is off to a great start in her childhood. She’s loving life, making friends, and proceeding quite well with her heir requirements. Leo explained the family legacy to Rose, and told her she’d need to complete a variety of requirements throughout her life to secure the success of her family line. He explained to her that, as the second generation heir, her requirements would be random and would be made known to her on a just-in-time basis. At this point, she knows her infant and toddler requirements (Top-Notch Infant, Top Notch Toddler, and random traits) and her child requirements (random childhood trait and completing the Slumber Party Animal aspiration). She also knows that as a teen she will be required to complete at least one successful mischievous interaction each week, and has decided that it would be good to start practicing that one as a child.

I was playing the violin for the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, and I suddenly realized I like Spooky music. That might come in handy on Halloween.

I haven’t had my slumber party yet, and some of my friends have already aged up to teens. So we went back to the Celebration center so I could meet some more kids. I had fun goofing around taking selfies with Preston Volkov.

Then I met Sadie Markovich and goofed around with her.

Friday we went to Magnolia Blossom Park. It has such a cool play area! I finished my Rambunctious Scamp aspiration there.

There’s a great swing set there, so I did some swinging for my Get Fit scout badge, but after a while, it made me feel nauseous, so I stopped.

That’s when I met Cringer. He’s playful, so he was really fun to play with. I wanted to take him home with me, but Mom and Dad said no, that he belonged to someone at the park and wasn’t a stray.

I played Don’t Wake the Llama with my friends Devin and Talia. Devin and I have Good Compatibility, so I think we will be BFF’s. I hope she comes to my slumber party. I want to trade friendship bracelets with her.

Dad wouldn’t let me sleep in the treehouse until Friday night. It wasn’t because of school, because Mom let me take three days off. It was just that he wanted to limit how many nights I slept there. But he did let me on Friday night because that was the night the baby was coming. The baby wouldn’t be taking my room yet, but Dad thought it would be a good night for me to sleep outside the house so the baby coming wouldn’t wake me up.

Rose: Baby Clay arrived shortly after midnight. Mom decided to have him at home since it was the middle of the night.

Rose: I wanted to play with him, but he was so tiny! I was afraid to pick him up, so I just made faces at him.

Rose: He laughed at my funny faces and when I blew him kisses, so I think we’ll be friends.

Saturday evening was my slumber party! Devin Miller and I exchanged friendship bracelets right at the beginning of the party. That’s her in purple with the gray vest. My new bracelet matches my hoodie! I was really surprised that Zoey MacCoy came. She was one of my first friends, but I thought she’d think it was baby stuff now that she’s a teen. But she didn’t - she was happy to come.

Rose: I wanted to play with all my friends, but there weren’t very many things we could all do together, so I made sure to get some time with each of them. I played Fairy Tale Princess in the treehouse with Sadie Markovic.

Rose: Talia Abrams and I swung on the swing set together.

Dad ordered pizza, but by the time it got there, some of the girls had already helped themselves to something from the fridge. I guess they were too hungry to wait for the pizza.

I told stories and most of the girls gathered around to listen. I don’t know why they stood around though. They could have sat down on their sleeping bags too.

Mariko Nakajima put her sleeping bag over by the bees. We didn’t notice until she was already sleeping. Dad went out to check on them to make sure they were calm, and they went after him.  Luckily Mariko didn’t get stung!

But the weird thing is, the next morning when Johanna Leone got up, the bees came after her! Why? She was all the way on the other side of the yard by the swings.
Other than the bees, the party was a lot of fun, but I didn’t get a gold medal for it. I guess I’ll just have to have another one!

Sunday afternoon Noelle Woods dropped by with a gift. Mom answered the door, but Noelle said, “It’s not for you” and then I heard her say, really quietly, “it’s for that handsome husband of yours.” And she marched straight to my bedroom, where Dad was putting away a toy, to give the gift to him. It was a handcrafted violin!
Then she asked if she could stay.

Lily: “Nope.” Send home.

Sunday after Scouts I invited my friend Devin over. We played Space Explorer in the Treehouse.

Then we did our Bracelet Buddy Fist Bump.

And we became best friends forever.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2023, 12:18:50 AM »
Rose is Little Miss Popularity with all her many friends! She is obviously really enjoying her childhood days!
That Leo attracts trouble, doesn't he?
First that angry woman who tried to falsely blame Leo for her pregnancy and now that nut job Noelle!
Where did Noelle come from? Is she a customer from Leo's yard sales?

How did you enjoy the slumber party? I must be doing things wrong--telling stories from the sleeping bag takes my sims forever!

So glad you and your Jumble are back, Watcher! Looking forward to the passing of the torch to Gen2 heir, Rose!