Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.11 Prepping For the Future (7/21/24)  (Read 39288 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.02 Slumber Party! (8/20/23)
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2023, 01:45:16 AM »
Rose is Little Miss Popularity with all her many friends! She is obviously really enjoying her childhood days!
That Leo attracts trouble, doesn't he?
First that angry woman who tried to falsely blame Leo for her pregnancy and now that nut job Noelle!
Where did Noelle come from? Is she a customer from Leo's yard sales?

How did you enjoy the slumber party? I must be doing things wrong--telling stories from the sleeping bag takes my sims forever!

So glad you and your Jumble are back, Watcher! Looking forward to the passing of the torch to Gen2 heir, Rose!

I don't know where Noelle came from - just that thing that happens where a neighbor comes over with a gift for you for being such a great neighbor, and then wants to hang around. It was so funny that Lily responded but Noelle marched right past her straight to Leo. And when I clicked "Send home" she got mad! I haven't seen that before. Maybe it was coincidence but it certainly played well!

The slumber party was fun, but I had trouble getting the '3 Sims dancing at the same time' to count, even though everyone was dancing. Also I had Rose playing with her friends for the 'Sims playing games at the same time' task, and the girls kept getting up and wandering off. So she didn't get the gold.

Gen 1 requirements are done; Rose will become a teen at the end of the next chapter and will start on her "real" (Random Legacy Challenge) requirements - so far it's all been requirements I added as that challenge doesn't include any requirements for child or earlier life stages. There actually aren't many for teens, but Rose happened to roll one (starting as a teen, complete a successful mischievous action every week).

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.03 Finally A Teen (8/26/23)
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2023, 11:30:29 PM »
2.03 Finally a Teen

Previously, in our Ten-Gen Jumble . . .

Rose had a great time at her first slumber party, but didn’t get a gold medal for it, which she needs for her required Slumber Party Animal aspiration. So she’s busy planning another party. Although it’s not required for her, she has a personal goal to complete all the childhood aspirations, and to become a Llamacorn Scout before she ages to teen.

My brother Clay aged up to a Sunny infant. That means we can expect a lot of smiles and giggles, and he’ll want a lot of attention. Mom took Clay outside for some tummy time. I got to play with him too. He laughs when I make faces at him.

And it’s pretty funny when I blow raspberries on his belly. I wonder if he will like me when he gets older.

All my friends came for my second sleepover. We had pizza, but it was gone before I got any, so I ate some sliders my Dad made just in case this happened. That girl with the bag on her head is Diane Robles. I don’t know why she wears that. I wonder if she takes it off when she sleeps.

I noticed some sparkles through the window and when I went to check it out, I discovered that Mariko Nakajuma was aging up to teen! Her red hair changed to a green color. I didn’t know it was her birthday!

I pranked Mariko with Baby Powder. She yelled so loud everyone woke up! Luckily, Mom had already gone into the house to bed. I hadn’t played a prank yet this week, so really, I HAD to. Because of my requirement to play a prank every week. Mariko was a good sport about it. Or maybe she was just being nice, I don’t know. Anyway, she went right back to sleep.

The next morning Dad made us a Grand Breakfast before everyone went home. The sleepover was a complete success and I got a Gold rating, which netted me a cool Space Llama sleeping bag.

After everyone went home I went out to ride my bike. I saw Dad’s best friend Dustin walking by, so I asked him to help me.

With his coaching, I finally learned to ride!

I was so excited I ran straight to Dustin and jumped up to hug him! I was really proud of myself, and Dustin was really proud of me too.  I know he says he hates children, but I find it hard to believe.

I think I did ride a little too long, because I really had to go to the bathroom! I was even afraid to get off my bike and try to walk into the house.
Lily: “No Rose! We don’t ride bikes in the house. You know that!”
Rose: “Sorry Mom. It’s an emergency!”

I completed all my Scouting activities and got promoted to Llamacorn Scout.

We went back to the Celebration Center in San Sequoia because there’s so much to do there. But it turns out it’s not a good idea to take a baby there - Mom and Dad kept leaving him on the floor just anywhere! What were they thinking?

Dad taught me to juggle a soccer ball. He said it would come in handy later to help me stay in shape.

I know this story is mostly about me right now because I’m the heir, but little Clay is so adorable!
He’s learned to sit up.
I think this picture is really funny because it looks like that dinosaur silhouette is Mom's shadow.

Now Clay can sit in the high chair and eat baby food.

He’s very messy!

He likes me to play Peek-a-boo with him.

And he follows me all around the house.

His birthday was the same day as mine. He aged up at 9 pm with the Inquisitive trait (random) along with 1 skill point in Movement and 1 in Communication. And he was a Top-Notch Infant like me. I met my goal to complete all the child aspirations and be a Llamacorn Scout, so I was really ready to blow out my candles too. But as the heir, I have to wait until my age bar gets sparkly.

I guess Clay was really tired, because right after he aged up, he toddled off to his room.

And put himself to bed!

My age bar finally started sparkling at 11:50 pm. I was taking a nap while I waited, but I woke up to blow out my candles.

I like my new hair and everyday outfit, but the rest needed some work. I’m thankful that Watcher has an extensive closet!

Watcher Note: I don't know why Dustin looks like he's wearing broken cc in that picture where he's behind Rose as she learns to ride her bike. I didn't notice it in-game, only in the picture. But he didn't change outfits, and in the close up pictures his jeans are fine.

Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.03 Finally a Teen (8/26/23)
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2023, 12:31:59 AM »
I was surprised that Dustin still looks so young. Or is he simply a youthful-looking Adult?
Rose was quite the industrious child, completing all eight aspirations plus Llamacorn Scouts.
I was very lay with my triplets--they three base-game child aspirations (not Social Butterfuly), then two of the three did one of the GroTo aspirations.
Did you have a favorite this time among the new GroTo childhood aspirations?

Clay is such a cutie-pie with his big eyes! Rose atged up into such a beautiful teen!
I'm looking forward to seeing how Rose fares in high school and who she meets there.
Does your save file contain the default Copperdale High/Auditorium lots or have they been replaced with improved versions?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2023, 02:31:38 AM »
I was surprised that Dustin still looks so young. Or is he simply a youthful-looking Adult?

Rose was quite the industrious child, completing all eight aspirations plus Llamacorn Scouts.
I was very lay with my triplets--they three base-game child aspirations (not Social Butterfuly), then two of the three did one of the GroTo aspirations.
Did you have a favorite this time among the new GroTo childhood aspirations?

Clay is such a cutie-pie with his big eyes! Rose atged up into such a beautiful teen!
I'm looking forward to seeing how Rose fares in high school and who she meets there.
Does your save file contain the default Copperdale High/Auditorium lots or have they been replaced with improved versions?

Dustin is at Adult life stage, just has a youthful appearance. Unlike Xavi, who was also a teen with Leo and is still a teen. I don't know  why - he's not a vampire, so not sure what's keeping him from aging.
I hadn't played some of the new childhood aspirations, so it seemed like a good time to do them all, since she can't age up early. That's a requirement for this specific generation, but not for the challenge overall. I thought the new aspirations were all fun and not difficult.

I chose my founder because of his longer, more unusual face. But before I started, I was concerned that he might not make the most attractive children, so I put him in CAS with 3 different women and used 'Play with genetics' to see what happened. The children weren't amazingly attractive, but they weren't unattractive either, so I went with him. But mixed with Lily's genes, I'm very pleased. I think Rose might just be my most attractive born-in-game Sim ever. I have high hopes for Clay as well.

My play is only a little ahead of the story, and so far, no really attractive Sims in school. But we'll see how it goes.
The game does have the default high school - the save file was created before High School Years came out. When Leo went to high school I decided to leave it for Gen 1 but thought I'd change it for Gen 2. But Leo and Lily graduated and I forgot all about it.  ;D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2023, 02:43:49 AM »
Rose is such a lovely big sister to Clay. He's very lucky.

She's a natural mischief maker though. Her prank-per-week requirement is only from teen so she clearly just wanted to do the baby-powder thing!

Congrats on achieving all the childhood aspirations. I like all the new ones.

Loyal is an interesting trait. I hope it matches well with her randomized future.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2023, 02:23:52 PM »
Rose is such a lovely big sister to Clay. He's very lucky.

She's a natural mischief maker though. Her prank-per-week requirement is only from teen so she clearly just wanted to do the baby-powder thing!

Congrats on achieving all the childhood aspirations. I like all the new ones.

Loyal is an interesting trait. I hope it matches well with her randomized future.

I really wanted to explore some of the sibling interactions in this one because I haven't really done that with siblings of different ages, especially with the infants. They were really cute together, but some of that is really hard to capture in a pic - you need the action of a video clip.  ;D

Yes, Rose is embracing her Mischief Maker requirement, and thought it best to get a head start in childhood - just as practice to make sure she was ready to ace the requirement in later life, of course.
I like all the new ones too - I still like the old ones, but the newer have fun activities.

I haven't played a loyal Sim before - it will be interesting to see what it brings. This is why I have two generations with randomization - as much as I play and as long as Sims 4 has been out, I still have things I haven't ever played - sometimes even base game things - so this gets me doing new stuff, even after all these years.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.04 Are You Checkin' Me Out? (9/3/23)
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2023, 09:16:27 PM »
2.04 Are You Checkin' Me Out?

Rose aced all the requirements Watcher gave her for her infant, toddler and child life stages, and aged up into quite a beautiful teenager. Her first Random Legacy Challenge requirement, Mischief Managed, kicks in now, although she got a bit of a head start as a child. Successfully completing at least one mischief action per week just sounded like too much fun to put off.  She also has Watcher-created requirements of random teen trait (Loyal) and a random teen aspiration.

Rose:  “I got assigned this random aspiration called Goal-oriented. I have to join an after-school activity, but I don’t know which one to pick! It would really help if I knew what my other requirements are going to be.
Lily: “Oh, Honey, pick what you’d most like to do. Don’t worry about the future requirements yet. Focus on what you know, and then pick what you like.”
Rose: “Well, I don’t care much for football. Cheerleading would be ok, I guess, but I don’t think I’d love it. That leaves Chess or Programming. Playing Chess sounds like more fun, but we don’t have a chess table.”
Lily: “Sure we do. It’s just in storage because the house has been so small. Your Dad was in the Chess Club in High School. He reached the highest level and was named Captain, and he got a really nice chess table as a reward. He’s very good and has level 10 Logic, so he can mentor you. And I’d be happy to play with you any time.”
Rose: “Thanks, Mom! Chess it is!”

Rose: “Thanks for pulling this Chess table out of storage. I didn’t even know you had it.”
Leo: “I was quite a chess player back in the day. I even got named Chess Club Captain.”
Rose: “Mom told me. Right before she volunteered you to mentor me.”

Leo: “I know this seems a little weird, but with Clay just a toddler, are we really ready to be elders tomorrow?”
Lily: “I know, you’re right. It feels a little against the natural order, and I know Rose would take care of Clay if something happened to us. I just don’t want to put that on her. If we age up tomorrow, she’ll barely be a young adult when we’re gone.”
Leo: “So you agree this is the right thing to do?”
Lily: “I do, yes. And actually, this doesn’t smell bad. Drink up!”

Rose: “You’re really helping me out today, Dad. First with Chess and now with my school project.”
Leo: “I’m happy to do what I can to help you, Honey.”
Rose: “Really? Because what I’d really like you to teach me is how to use that woodworking bench you have. If you know how, that is. Since you never make anything on it.”
Leo: “Of course I do. I made that highchair in the kitchen.”
Rose: “I never saw you make that.”
Leo: “Well, that’s because I made it for you when you were an infant. You’re right that I haven’t made anything recently, but I certainly remember enough to teach you the basics.”

Leo: “What do you want to make first?”
Rose: “You know, I really loved my furniture as a kid, but now that I’m a teenager it seems a little . . . childish for me. I’d like to make a new table to replace my nightstand. Then I could paint the nightstand and give it to Clay.”
Leo: “That’s a great idea!”

Rose: “Mom, come see! I made the table, the mirror, the bookshelf, and even the lamp! I think I’m ready to try making a bed!
Lily: “You’ve done a great job!”
Rose: “Do you think I could sell these?”
Lily: “I thought you made them for yourself.”
Rose: “I did, but I mean do you think I could make more and sell them? Do you think people would buy them?”
Leo: “Of course people would buy them. You’ve got quite the knack for woodworking.”
Rose: “Thanks! Your mentoring really helped, especially with today being New Skill Day. I’ve gone from 0 to 9 in Handiness in one day.”

Rose: “What do you think, Clay? Do you like this nightstand?”
Clay: “You made for me? Oh, tank you Wose! I yub it! It habs puppy feet! I use it ebee day!”

While I was at school on Monday, Grandpa Vincent came by to play with Clay.

Grandpa was still there when I got home from school. He wanted to help me with my homework. I didn’t need it, but I let him help anyway. I think it made him feel useful, and it was just nice spending time with him.

For a while at least.
Clay: “Mommy! Grandpa’s in my potty chair and I needa go!”

Watcher came with me to school on Tuesday because it was Career Day and she was afraid I wouldn’t go if she didn’t come with me. I think she was right. Why should I go? I’ll just be going again in two weeks.
But I was glad she was there, because otherwise I would never have known that this boy I met named Xavi was a teen when my Mom and Dad were teens! And he’s still a teen and still in high school! Can you imagine attending high school over and over all these years?!? I wonder why he isn’t aging. Dad's high school friend Dustin and Mom's high school friend Emily both visited this week, and they are both elders.

I thought I was going to be able to sell big furniture pieces on a modified tarp in a yard sale, but then I found out that doesn’t actually work. I heard that Camping Mascot sculptures sell really well and for good money, so I went to Granite Falls to learn the blueprint.

There was a Night on the Town event on Friday night, and Dad took Mom and me to dinner at the Salty Paws Seafood Restaurant in Brindleton Bay. Clay went to daycare, and I’m sure he had more fun there than he would have at a restaurant.
Mom had the Chef’s Choice - Trout Meuniere, Dad went for the Herb-Crusted Salmon, but I’m all about the Fish Tacos. The food looked great when it arrived, and it tasted fine, but not excellent or anything. It’s too bad really, it’s a fun place. But they could use a more skilled chef.

Clay aged to child with the Top-Notch Toddler trait (to go with his Top-Notch Infant trait) and the randomly generated Bookworm trait (replacing his toddler Inquisitive trait) and the Playtime Captain aspiration.

I held my first yard sale on Saturday. I sold several Camping Mascots and a couple other small sculptures. I was so shocked at the money I made - §36,320 in one afternoon! I’m feeling really good about my ability to earn enough money to buy a house when I move out. That’s important because of my Random Legacy Challenge rules - I can only make money from the actions permitted by my rolls. I rolled the Goal-Oriented aspiration, so I can make money from a side hustle, and I rolled the unconventional career of Carpenter, so I can make money from things I make on the woodworking bench. But I’m not allowed to have any actual job or sell anything other than self-made woodwork items.

There was a new boy at school on Monday. I introduced myself by sticking my hand through his throat.

I have no idea why I did that as a way of meeting him, but he wasn’t phased by it, so I took the opportunity to pull out the old “What’s that spot” as my weekly prank. I was a little nervous that it might be too much, but we actually became immediate friends!

I went to the cafeteria to study for my exams, and the first thing I saw was my sweater! A slightly different shade, but still . . . now I have to plan a new everyday outfit when I get home. I just can’t be seen wearing a sweater almost exactly like the one that snobby bro Yuuki wore today!

Something must really be up with me today! I needed to study, but why would I leave the cafeteria where everyone else was studying and go to the principal’s office to study instead?
What teen in their right mind does that? Is this what that film meant when it said hormones make teens do things they might not otherwise do?

Blond Nobuya Aoki wasn’t in my class, but he came in right after class to ask my teacher something. Don’t think I didn’t see him checking me out! I introduced myself and discovered that he’s a Proper Party Animal. I’m not sure I understand how those traits fit together, but he seemed nice. It was a little bit hard to stop looking at him. Was that because his eyes, hair and skin tone are all so much lighter than I’m used to? Or was it something more?

I was chosen Chess Team Captain and got a cool trophy. I put it with my Scouts trophies. I’m pretty excited about it even though I won’t be able to serve as Captain. My Goal Oriented aspiration requires me to reach level 3 of a side hustle, and I have to quit Chess Club to do that.

Rose (thinking to herself): “Is that cute redheaded boy checking out my mascots or is he checking out me?”
Hakim: “Let’s be Best Friends, Rose!”
Rose: “Of course, Hakim.”

3 minutes later . . .

Rose (thinking to herself): “Hmmmm . . . . back already? Should I wave and smile, or should I pretend not to notice him?”

Redheaded Boy: “Hi . . . I’m . . . umm . . . Colin. I moved in . . . down the street . . .”
Rose: “Hi. I’m Rose. I live . . . here.”
Colin: “Yeah . . . I saw you earlier . . . having a yard sale. I thought you might need some help . . . you know . . . with the table . . . but it looks like it’s all taken care of.”
Rose: “Yeah, I saw you walk by.”
Colin: “You saw me? So, you noticed me?”
Rose (giggling): “Yeah . . . twice.”
Colin: “Oh . . .yeah . . . about that . . I . . . um . . . I remembered I forgot something at home and I had to go back to get it.”
Rose: “I see.”
Colin: “Yeah, and . . . um . . . I probably should get home. It’s getting pretty late.”
Rose: “Yeah . . . I . . . um . . . I still have some homework to do tonight.”
Colin: “Oh, well, I won’t keep you then. But it was really nice to meet you.”
Rose: “Nice to meet you too.”
Colin: “Good luck with your homework.”
Rose: “Will I see you at school?”
Colin: “Ummm . . . I don’t know . . . I’m not really clear how school works here.”
Colin (to himself as he walks away): “Geez Colin, you’re such an idiot - not sure how school works? That sounds so stupid! Why didn’t you just ask what school she goes to?”
Rose (to herself as Colin walks away): "I wonder if any of these boys I've met the last couple days will invite me to prom."

Progress:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2023, 09:54:38 PM »
Awww, Poor Clay! His Grandpa Vincent was possessing the potty chair when Clay needed to use it! Bad ghost!
I'd never seen a ghost possess a potty chair before, haha.

Rose is so pretty and she's doing so well with all her requirements.
I love how Colin was walking back and forth in front of her yard sale while glancing her way.
What an attractive teen Colin is.  Rose and Colin are so cute, trying to be cool but feeling somewhat bashful and awkward.

About Prom, I'd always assumed that my teen could only receive a Prom invite from a teen who attended Copperdale High School.
But Rogelio extended Prom invites to both Elise and her sister Gisela without being a Copperdale High student.
I wish I knew how prom invites actually worked.
But, I hope Colin asks her to Prom first!  I wrote "first" because Hakim seems to really like Rose.

Great update! Now I can't wait to learn whether Rose gets invited to Prom or not! Oh the suspense!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2023, 02:52:08 AM »
Both Hakim and Nobuya have good traits and you haven't given Colins. All good-looking but I like that Rose has her choice of hair-colour!
The Random challenge sounds fun. I wonder what it would be like for every gen.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.05 Out of the Friend Zone (9/10/23)
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2023, 11:58:59 PM »
2.05 Out of the Friend Zone

Rose's Random Legacy Challenge requirements officially kicked in. She rolled the Goal-Oriented teen aspiration and the unconventional career of Carpenter, which means making money by selling the items she creates on the woodworking table. Thanks to a new mod Rose can create a lot of different items, but found that she wasn't able to sell them on a tarp as she thought she could. So she visited Granite Falls to learn the Camping Mascot blueprint, and made several to sell at a yard sale. She was quite surprised at how much she could sell them for, both at the yard sale and on Plopsy. She met a few boys at high school and in her own neighborhood, and wondered if any of them would ask her to Prom.

I haven’t seen Colin at school, but he’s been out walking, right past my house, just about every evening since we met. I’m running out of excuses to be out front as he comes by, so I tried a little harder to get him to stay and chat. I even took some selfies of us together. Is it wrong of me to wonder if we had kids together, would they have my brown eyes or his green ones?

I had a school task to work out before class, and while I was doing that, Kaito Takagi asked me to go to prom as friends. It was unexpected; I’d hardly talked to him. And I really wanted to go with someone as a real date, so I turned him down. He didn’t take it well, but honestly, he kind of creeps me out.

Hakim, Devin and Colin all came by after school. Devin was wearing these bizarre glasses and kept cracking jokes, and Hakim kept staring at Colin. Colin was pretty much focused just on me, so I gave him plenty of attention. He popped the big question, but added “as friends”. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but close. Of course I accepted. I think I can sway him away from the “just friends” qualifier.

I was so ready to have a great night at Prom with Colin, when Snobby Bro Yuuki came making her rounds bullying everyone about their Prom clothes. Like she’s some kind of Prom Fashionista?!? Seriously? I let her know exactly how I felt about that.

Yuuki’s lucky Colin was there to pull me away to dance.

It was so surprising that Colin won Prom Jester since he doesn’t even go to this school. I wanted to be Prom Royalty with him, but Nobuya Aoki won instead of me.

We danced again, and I decided that since he asked me to Prom, I’d initiate the First Kiss. It was good, but to be honest, I was glad to have it out of the way. I wanted to do the traditional after-prom Cuddle Cart ride, but it could be awkward if we hadn’t even kissed yet.

We’re definitely out of the friend zone!

I put our Prom Photo on my wall at the end of my bed so it’s the last thing I see before I go to sleep at night.

Prom was on the last day of summer, and the first day of Autumn was rather chilly. Not too cold to work outside, but it got me thinking I should probably get some mascots made ahead for selling in the winter. Then I checked my bank balance and WOW! I hadn’t realized I’d made so much money. The money from my sales is directly deposited into my savings account, so it’s easy not to realize how much is stacking up.

PeteDropkinsky0101 must be building his own army of camping mascots - he’s ordered about a dozen of them on Plopsy!

Colin and I went to the renovated Magnolia Blossom Park over the weekend. We got a little silly and stomped around in the fountain.

I beat him at chess. And then he beat me at horseshoes.

When we got back to my house, Colin surprised me by pulling a guitar out of his pocket and serenading me. I didn’t even know he could play, but he’s actually pretty good. Have I mentioned that he's a Cheerful Music-Lover?

The only exciting thing that happened at school was that we had a fire drill. It wasn’t actually that exciting, it was just something different. Colin doesn’t go to my school, which I don’t understand because he lives literally two houses away from me. School’s boring without him there.
The only other thing that happened at school was another Career Day. It only mattered because I had to go for my Goal-Oriented aspiration. I was already a level 3 Simfluencer, so just going finished off the aspiration for me.

Clay was trying to finish up his Playtime Captain aspiration with bike riding, so I helped him learn how to ride. I knew he could do it, but he was struggling to believe in himself.

I was so proud of him when it all clicked and he popped his first wheelie!

He kept thanking me and telling me how much I helped him with his bike riding - I was actually starting to tear up. So I lightened the mood by pranking him with a sudden scare. It made us both laugh. Clay and I are Good Friends with the Jokester dynamic.

I pretty much raced through the rest of the week. Friday afternoon Colin came over. I went out to meet him and he pulled me into a hug. It was a little awkward, with him burying his face in my shoulder because I was still up on the step, but at least I didn’t fall on him! For a minute there I thought I might.

Colin and I went to the Lighthouse Restaurant for dinner. We both ordered Fish Tacos and Apple Pie. But the waiter only brought the pie and gave us some story about the fish tacos swimming upstream and getting away. Neither of us swallowed that story. We reordered the tacos and ate the pie first as appetizers.

Mom had told me that Dad brought her here the day of their prom. But he never actually asked her to go to prom, so she asked him right here at this same restaurant. It didn’t seem like Colin was going to ask me either, so I pulled out the Promposal sign I’d made just in case.

After dinner, Colin suggested we go back to Magnolia Blossom Park. I was a little surprised because it was getting cold out, but I wasn’t ready to end the evening with him, so I said okay. Colin already had a plan for keeping warm.

Clay aged up just in time to go to Prom. He met Johanna Leone there. When he introduced me to her, I immediately crushed on her! Fortunately I was able to get over it just as quickly. I am all about Colin, and no way would I get between my brother and his first potential girlfriend. I tried to get a picture of them together but they both threw their hands in front of their faces. Aren’t they cute together?

I know Clay voted for me, but once again, I didn’t win Prom Royalty. No, Xavi won that! I heard that it was his first time winning, after all these years of high school.  And once again, Colin did win Prom Jester, even though he doesn’t go to this school.

But me crushing on Johanna, Xavi winning Prom Royalty, Colin winning Prom Jester - none of that was the big surprise of the evening. No, the big surprise was the confetti that popped over my head just before the end of prom. I played it off like I threw it for Colin for winning Prom Jester, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one who knew what it really was. I remember when this happened to Mom, just before Clay was born.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2023, 01:33:28 AM »
Rose and Colin are such an attractive couple. That first selfie of them was absolutely smoldering!
How strange that Colin got chosen for Prom Jester twice though Rose has never seen him at Copperdale High.
When our sim asks another teen about their career, do they reply that they're "a student at Copperdale High" whether they actually attend classes there or not?

Wow, Rose has saved some serious coin with her woodworking!
I'm super excited to eventually learn where she settles down after she becomes a YA and moves out.
With that kind of money, she could move into practically any house of her choice!

Rose & Colin's Prom photo has to be the best pose I've ever seen!  It's so charming!  My sims have never taken a photo boot photo liike that!
Oooooh, random confetti a day after messing around in the treehouse.  Hmmmmmmm......

Great update! Rose is such a beautiful sim, both inside and outside!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2023, 02:54:24 AM »
Cheerful,  Music Lover is a great combo! Colin is a great choice for Rose. I love all the Prom interactions. Ooh, the next episode will be fun

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.06 Rose's New . . . Everything (9/28/23)
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2023, 07:25:01 PM »
2.06 Rose's New . . . Everything

Rose completed her teen requirements and enjoyed her high school years. She attended Prom twice and although her date was crowned Prom Jester both times, she didn't win Prom Royalty either night. Even so, she was the one the confetti dropped on at that second Prom, despite her claims that she threw it for her Prom Jester date.

Rose: By the time I got home from the Prom After Party, it was nearly 2:30 am on Sunday. I was surprised to see my age bar sparkling. Dad said we weren’t taking a chance on me aging up with no cake, so he quickly made me one while I changed into my pajamas.  But I couldn’t blow out the candles.

Rose: “Thank you for the cake, Dad. I don’t know why I couldn't blow out the candles.”
Leo: “There aren’t very many things that cause that. Is there anything you want to share? Maybe about you and Colin?”
Rose: “No . . . I mean, Colin’s great. He won Prom Jester again.”
Watcher (telepathically to Rose): “Maybe about confetti dropping on your head?”
Rose (telepathically to Watcher): “Hush! We’re not telling Dad about that.”
Watcher (telepathically): “He’s going to figure it out.”
Rose (telepathically): “Not tonight, he’s not!”
Watcher (telepathically): "Right."

Rose: Sunday Colin and I went to the Rainbows Arcade in Oasis Springs. We played foosball. I let him think that I didn’t let him win.

Rose: We also played arcade games. It was fun because we could be on the same team - us against the space invaders.

Rose: Then I challenged him to darts. And just as our date was ending, he officially became my boyfriend. We each went to our separate homes that night, but I had a plan to make this our last night apart.

Rose: I awoke very early in the morning to age up, and bought a house and moved just a few hours later. I baked a cake for Colin and invited him over.  He blew out the candles, and then moved in with me.

Colin: “This is a pretty sweet house. How did you afford it?”
Rose: “Believe it or not, I had over §350,000 in my savings account. Just from selling my woodworks.”
Colin (whistles): “That’s some serious change! And by the way, why are there two cars parked in the driveway?”
Rose: “The red one is mine.”
Colin: “And that little orange convertible?”
Rose: “Oh, I thought maybe you wouldn’t mind driving that one around . . . if it’s to your liking, that is.”
Colin: “If it's to my liking?!? I’ll say it’s to my liking!! That is a sweeeeeeeet ride! But don’t you think they should be in a garage?”
Rose: “Nah, they’re fine outside. The previous owner turned the garage into a photo studio. But I converted it into something else.”

Colin: “Let me guess . . . a nursery.”
Rose (laughing): “Heavens no! A little baby doesn’t need that much room! But if you really want to know, come along and I’ll show you!”

Colin: “A music studio? Are you taking up music?”
Rose: “Well, I thought I might try to learn to play that piano, but the studio’s for you, silly. You said you wanted to be a musician, and I know how much you love playing your guitar. In fact, that’s why I came house hunting in Del Sol Valley. I thought maybe you’d be able to make some contacts here that would help your music career.”

Colin: “Oh my gosh, honey. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve you. You already made me so happy when you asked me to be your boyfriend and move in with you. This is so over-the-top and unexpected. Just know that I plan to make you as happy as you make me. And I’m hoping that what I say next will be the beginning.”

Colin: “Will you marry me?”

Rose: And then . . . the doorbell rang.

Rose: Advaith and Nora Meshram came to welcome us to the neighborhood. They brought fruitcake, but the smell of it nearly made me sick. I was really hungry though, so I made a taco casserole and suggested we save that fruitcake for later. I meant, save it to throw away later, but of course I didn’t say that.

Rose: Nora and I admired each other’s baby bumps, chatting about how our kids will play and laugh and sing and grow up together.

Rose: When they left, I headed out to have my sonogram.

Colin: “Oh WOW! This is really happening! We’re having a baby! I need to get a job!”

Rose: After Colin left for his new job as a musician, I went over to see Nora. Look how slim she was!

Rose: I just had to run right in there and give that baby a snuggle! His name is Heriberto. That’s a lot of name for such a little guy!

Rose: Holding Heriberto made me rethink just how much I know about taking care of a baby! And that’s not much. So I bought a new Parenting book, got comfy on the front porch, and started to read. Before I got to the end of the first chapter, I knew I was about to switch my learning to a more hands-on approach!

Rose: The receptionist is a ghost? Okaaaaaaay. I can deal with that. After all, he’s not delivering the baby.

Rose: “Hey! Wait! A ghost doctor!?! What is with this hospital?”
Colin: “A ghost! The doctor? A baby? What do I do? What do I do?”
Doc: “Oh, just keep calm and push on. It’s all good. You’ll be parents in a very short time and this part will seem so easy peasy, lemon squeezy compared to that.”
Rose: “Not helping!”

Rose: “Oh just look at you, my sweet little Jasmine. Aren’t you just the most precious thing ever? Yes, you are. And did that mean ole’ watcher get even one picture of you as a nooboo? No she did not. What was she doing all that time? We don’t know, do we? No, we don’t.”
Watcher: “Oh, enough already. All nooboos look alike.”
Rose: “Did you hear that my sweet baby Jasmine? She said you looked like a zillion other nooboos, and that’s just not true is it? Of course it’s not! You are so much more beautiful aren’t you? Yes you are! But we can’t prove it can we? No, we can’t, because Watcher didn’t bother to take a picture!”
Watcher: “Hey! What about that Crystal Clear Digital Camera your mother stuck in your backpack before you moved out? Hmmmm? Let’s talk about that for a minute.”
Rose: “We don’t have time to talk to Watcher do we? No we don’t. I need to make dinner and your Daddy is home from work and he wants some tummy time with you. Yes he does."

Colin: "Oh, look at my smart sweet baby girl! Already holding your head up!”

Rose: Colin was off work the next day, so we reluctantly let Jasmine go to daycare and we went off for a little afternoon adventure at the Bella Vista Gardens in Tartosa. Mom and Dad got married here, and I just love the place. From Mom’s stories, it sounds like their wedding was quite a big event. Colin and I opted for a much simpler affair. It was just the two of us, along with Mom, Dad, and Clay. It would have been nice to have Colin’s parents there, but Watcher didn’t think of it. What is with her lately?

Rose: We all went out to dinner afterward at the Ward Park Steakhouse & Bar. That’s in the Starlight Boulevard area of Del Sol Valley, south of where we live in Mirage Park. The food was really good. Mom and I tried an experimental dish, and I was able to learn to cook it just by eating it.

Rose: Thursday was Harvestfest, and it was unseasonably warm. Or is it always this warm in Del Sol Valley? At any rate, Colin blew up the baby pool for Jasmine and she had such fun splashing around while Poolside Gnome watched jealously. Can you see me in the kitchen there, slaving away at the oven?

Rose: The turkey was perfect, the decorations were up, the gnomes were appeased and we shared festive conversation and gave thanks. It really was a perfect day!

Colin read a sleepy Jasmine to sleep and I headed in to get some rest myself.

Progress:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2023, 07:59:34 PM »
Rose is really living her best life in Mirage Park with Colin and Jasmine.
How sweet of her to buy a place with a garage which she had converted to a music studio for Colin.

I looked at Rose's progress and note that some of her goals are yet to be revealed.
I do hope that Jasmine won't be an only child.  Rose and Colin's genes are too good!

Also, I love Rose with her hair down but I also really like her hair tied back for her wedding.
Is that hairstyle only for her formal wear?
Looking forward to watching Rose's family grow and thrive!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 2.06 Rose's New . . . Everything (9/28/23)
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2023, 02:17:39 AM »
Lovely to catch up with Rose again.

Rose sure did well earning all that money from her Woodwork. And she's got herself a perfect life with Colin & Jasmine. Surely nothing can go wrong! The random requirements make me so nervous for her.

Naughty Watcher, not getting nooboo photos! But you're right, they could take pics themselves.

Was it the teenage pregnancy mod that let Rose age up while pregnant? Or was it just Colin that aged up then?

anything