Author Topic: Holes in house  (Read 1202 times)

Offline kwohld89

• Nooboo
Holes in house
« on: April 18, 2023, 09:53:22 PM »
I spent a good portion of the evening editing a farm house that came with Riverview, which I just moved my Sims into. I decided to make the kitchen slightly bigger, and since it has external walls, I also had to make the upstairs a bit larger as well. I put the new roof on, but now it has large gaping holes on each side of the house. I tried to build walls over the holes but then the top part of the wall sticks over the roof.
So I'm just wondering how EA built this house. Has anyone come across something like this and figured it out? I have testingheatsenabled and moveobjects on enabled.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Holes in house
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 10:03:39 PM »
You may need to try to re-edit the roof line until it comes together.  Turning off moveobjects on might help as well, as it's known to cause issues sometimes while building and placing things. Also try adjusting the highth of the roof line, it maybe too high to really come together correctly.

These are things I do when I have had holes in my roof line like that. If you have any issues, let me know what house it is that you used and I'll see what I can do with it to help.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kwohld89

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »
Thank you Mrs Flynn! I turned the moveobjects on cheat off, and deleted the walls that align with the ends of the roof, but a message said the roof was interfering with objects so I put everything in my family inventory along with deleting the walls and turning the cheat off, and it worked!     ;D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 09:41:19 PM »
You're welcome!! I am happy to hear that worked for you!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *