Author Topic: Infants first thoughts and tips.  (Read 4069 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Infants first thoughts and tips.
« on: March 15, 2023, 08:47:18 PM »
A new life stage is here: Infants. I gave them a go. They are cute. I love the purple dinosaur onesie. I had fun but I missed having a goal with them. I missed having skills like the other life stages. IS there something to work on during this life stage base game? Traits to earn? Anything to give the Sim a leg up? I admit I haven't played long enough to even age one up. They are work for poor mom and that is a plus. What are you thought on the ne infants? Any fun tricks with them?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Infants first thoughts and tips.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 03:41:13 AM »
Yes.

Someone has done digging in the XML. There are reward traits based on 'attachment'. A little unclear what that is tracking, but if it isn't the relationship bar I'd be surprised.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/11rujjo/comment/jcbhavl/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I've seen people talk about Top-Notch Infants and Happy Infants, and from Simmer Erin's livestream summary a while back I remember the gurus talking about 3 traits -- so the third one is obviously the Unhappy Infant. I've not seen anyone talk about or share a pic of that bad trait, but I suppose that's because the early players of infants full of infant hype is going to self-select for players who'll love and cherish young Fabio, not abandon him.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 04:59:56 AM »
Thanks. I do remember something like that. I just don't remember any details though..

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 06:49:18 AM »
If you get Growing Together, the infants have milestones, and they have to achieve some milestones before they can do things like crawl and sit up. Without GroT, they don't have much, but they are fun to play with. You can try putting them in the high chair to find out what foods they like. They require more attention from their parents than toddlers do.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »
Yes.

Someone has done digging in the XML. There are reward traits based on 'attachment'. A little unclear what that is tracking, but if it isn't the relationship bar I'd be surprised.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/11rujjo/comment/jcbhavl/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I've seen people talk about Top-Notch Infants and Happy Infants, and from Simmer Erin's livestream summary a while back I remember the gurus talking about 3 traits -- so the third one is obviously the Unhappy Infant. I've not seen anyone talk about or share a pic of that bad trait, but I suppose that's because the early players of infants full of infant hype is going to self-select for players who'll love and cherish young Fabio, not abandon him.

James Turner played a 7 Infants Challenge over on Youtube which was chaotic and hilarious.
When he aged them up on Day 5, 3 out of the 7 gained the Unhappy trait, lol.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 03:58:31 PM »
3 out of the 7 gained the Unhappy trait, lol.

Oof. Too real. :/

Petey Plays It talks about the attachment traits and points out that the moodlets are a good indication of how things are going. I then tested this, and without waiting the full life stage, I got a Top-Notch Infant. The kid was all happy and well loved. So I know what to look for next time.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything