Author Topic: Something's Fishy  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Something's Fishy
« on: February 27, 2023, 10:06:20 AM »
Something's Fishy

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Spring is in the Air - time to send your Sims fishing! Your Trophy Hunter wants to showcase their catches on the walls, while your Fish Keeper prefers to watch them swim in the aquarium.

Challenge Rules
  • The General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 2 Young Adult Sims (any life state, any relationship).
  • No additions to the household.
  • One Sim will be the Trophy Hunter, mounting one of each type of fish this Sim catches.
  • The other Sim will be the Fish Keeper, putting one of each type of fish this Sims catches into an aquarium (any aquarium is fine).
  • Fish may be acquired only through the Fish Here interaction, and each Sim must catch their fish for mounting/keeping.
  • Money may only be earned through sales of fish and other items caught. Plants caught may be sold or planted, and then the plant and/or the produce may be sold.
  • Unique non-fish items caught apply to the household and must be kept to count in the multiplier. (e.g., if you catch two pomegranates, you can keep one as a unique item in the multiplier, sell the other one, or plant it and then sell the plant and/or the produce).
  • This challenge concludes on Sunday of Week 3 at 8 am.

Scoring

Household Funds - At Week 3, Sunday at 8 am, pause your game and note your Household Funds.

Multiplier -Start with a multiplier of 1.00. Count the number of fish mounted, the number of fish in aquariums and the number of unique items fished up and not sold.  Add these three numbers together, multiply the total by .01, and add that to your multiplier. 

Post your household funds, multiplier, and total in this thread.

Here's an example:

Household Funds = §85,100

Fish mounted = 23
Fish in aquariums = 28
Unique non-fish items fished up and not sold = 6

Count Factor = (23 + 28 + 6)=57 X .01 = .57

Multiplier = 1.00 + .57 = 1.57

Final Score = 85,100 x 1.57 = 133,607

Plug your household funds and unique item counts into the Something's Fishy Spreadsheet to calculate your multiplier and total.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Score
GlazeyLady586531
mismck184552
sone159522
LenaLJ148972
Nandarelle144356
JocyMc123610
Teresa119791
Metropolis Man115327
Eighty8Keys114206
sdhoey112823
Granny Lawlor105989
CynKuy67597
Vesper57986

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Something's Fishy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 02:20:43 AM »
Regarding the unique non-fish items caught, are they unique to the household or unique to the Sim that caught them?
For example, if both Sims caught a lemon, would only one count towards the multiplier or would it be +1 for both Sims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 02:57:39 AM »
For 'Fish may be acquired only through fishing'; does that mean the 'fish here' interaction or does it also include the spearfishing gun. fish traps etc?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 06:16:46 AM »
For 'Fish may be acquired only through fishing'; does that mean the 'fish here' interaction or does it also include the spearfishing gun. fish traps etc?

Yes, Fish Here interaction only.

Regarding the unique non-fish items caught, are they unique to the household or unique to the Sim that caught them?
For example, if both Sims caught a lemon, would only one count towards the multiplier or would it be +1 for both Sims?

Non-fish items caught are unique to the household, so you would count +1 to the multiplier.

-------------

EDIT:

I clarified the following rule:

• Unique non-fish items caught apply to the household and must be kept to count in the multiplier. (e.g., if you catch two pomegranates, you can keep one as a unique item in the multiplier, sell the other one, or plant it and then sell the plant and/or the produce).

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 09:16:44 PM »
I don't have the fish here interaction in my game (translation differences maybe?). When I click on a fishing spot or the water I get the following options:
- go fishing
- fish with bait...
- examine water

I assume "go fishing" is what's meant by the fish here interaction. But can we also fish with bait, if we want to?

Is replanting produce that we grew is off limits? I'd assume that the only planting allowed is of plants that our sims actually fished up, but I thought I may as well check.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 06:35:11 AM »
I don't have the fish here interaction in my game (translation differences maybe?). When I click on a fishing spot or the water I get the following options:
- go fishing
- fish with bait...
- examine water

I assume "go fishing" is what's meant by the fish here interaction. But can we also fish with bait, if we want to?

Yes, both are fine.

Is replanting produce that we grew is off limits? I'd assume that the only planting allowed is of plants that our sims actually fished up, but I thought I may as well check.

Replanting is fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 01:35:41 PM »
This challenge starts tomorrow, so please take a final look at the rules, as a couple of clarifications were made earlier this week.

Good luck, everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 04:01:58 PM »
Rosalie & Danny enjoyed 2 sim-weeks of fishing with a lot of surprises.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
My final score from plugging into the spreadsheet gave a final score of 105,989

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 04:17:24 PM »
Grats, @Granny Lawlor ...love the picture. :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 04:43:23 PM »
Hilary and Ivan are ready to turn in their final score of 119,791.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 10:20:48 PM »
This is the 1st challenge I've particapated in for 2023.  I'm just getting back into playing the Sims 4 after a year's hiatus.  Janet and James Bass finished with a score of 123,610. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 06:58:51 AM »
This is the 1st challenge I've particapated in for 2023.  I'm just getting back into playing the Sims 4 after a year's hiatus.  Janet and James Bass finished with a score of 123,610. 

Nice to see you back, @JocyMc . :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2023, 06:12:47 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »
Roland and Martin finished with a total of 112,823.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2023, 08:20:22 AM »
Blaine and Daniel finished with a total score of 159,522.