Author Topic: Getting Ready for Growing Together  (Read 4476 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Getting Ready for Growing Together
« on: February 17, 2023, 07:54:17 AM »
I've been in a quandary about how to prepare for our upcoming infants and the expansion pack, Growing Together. While starting a new game, I went to my gallery and discovered some Sims I'd forgotten about -- the parents and babies I'd saved after finishing one of the team's challenges, A Townie Baby Boomer. Once I've added the Pancakes and their twin babies, Mitchell Kalani and Zoe Patel and their babies, the Roswells and the Fengs, I think I'll be ready to turn all those babies into crawling, screaming, messy infants. Of course, I'll have to add some restaurants, a swimming pool, a bowling alley, and most important, a spa to give my parents some relief.

How are you getting ready?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Getting Ready for Growing Together
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 09:00:36 AM »
I had an older game with a second-gen teen in the main family.  I got back to playing them, got him and his girlfriend to where they can accept early graduation, and they went to university together.  At the moment, they've both aged up now, and have a term and a half left to go.  They'll get married right after graduation, honeymoon in Selvadorada, and the goal is for them to be in an apartment and her pregnant, in time for the expansion.
My game is modded, so it's not as simple as Try for Baby and it's a sure thing.  It might take a lot of trying.  Or it might happen when you didn't want it to.  You know, kind of like real life...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 05:25:07 PM »
Mike and Simone are ready!
TS4_x64 2023-02-25 17-14-01.jpg
And so is Teddy!
TS4_x64 2023-02-25 17-15-23.jpg

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 09:04:46 PM »
I've been working on an Infants Superstore. I've just got to pop in some items from the update, and the EP, and it's ready to upload to the gallery. If anyone is interested in downloading it, it will be uploaded sometime on the 14th. Just search my name, SpitVenom4.
Infants superstore.jpg

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 05:31:16 PM »
My 6th generation BDD heir is recently married, close to finishing her Big Dream, and waiting to bring in the next heir until after the update and installation of the new pack. She is erratic, paranoid and cheerful, living in an underground bunker in Strangerville with her paranoid husband, Dorian Sigworth. We'll see how parenting an infant changes their lives! At least, I am hoping it is one infant - my game has shown an irrational sense of humor in giving me triplets when I really want a singleton!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 07:02:43 PM »
Until today I wasn't thinking I was getting the pack at launch do to money being tight even though I am beyond excited for this update and pack. I have been begging for mor gameplay for families and children for years. But a few lucky breaks happened and extra money appeared so now I cannot wait.

First I am going to back up all my saves and trey. Second delete all.my mods. The Sims team is warming to do this as this is supposed to be the biggest update in the games history. This is a friendly reminder.

Then I am going to take my favorite sim Luna and turn her into an infant and use her DNA to build her a mother and father. (I love werewolves). I am going to mess with all the new buttons in CAS. Luna will be distant with her mother and have a strict relationship with her father. I will give her a older.brother or sister to have a rivalry with. I loved my first run with  Luna as a teen wolf. Let's see her as an infant. I bet she will be a terror.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 08:01:22 PM »
I can tell you what I WON'T be doing - I WON'T be doing the 7 Infant Challenge - at least not with 7 all at once. I am watching James Turner's early access video playing that, and I cannot stop laughing. It is just hilarious, but in the kind of way that it's funny when it's happening to someone else.

Until today I wasn't thinking I was getting the pack at launch do to money being tight even though I am beyond excited for this update and pack. I have been begging for mor gameplay for families and children for years. But a few lucky breaks happened and extra money appeared so now I cannot wait.

First I am going to back up all my saves and trey. Second delete all.my mods. The Sims team is warming to do this as this is supposed to be the biggest update in the games history. This is a friendly reminder.

Then I am going to take my favorite sim Luna and turn her into an infant and use her DNA to build her a mother and father. (I love werewolves). I am going to mess with all the new buttons in CAS. Luna will be distant with her mother and have a strict relationship with her father. I will give her a older.brother or sister to have a rivalry with. I loved my first run with  Luna as a teen wolf. Let's see her as an infant. I bet she will be a terror.

That sounds fun - will you be streaming it, writing about it or sharing it somewhere?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 09:55:55 PM »
Likely not. I have zero social media presence. I am not much of a writer so I likely wouldn't be worth a read if I posted it here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 07:03:13 AM »
@SpitVenom4, Nice store. It looks like you had fun building it.

@GlazeyLady, I saw the beginning of the 7 Infants Challenge, but decided it would be too painful to watch. I've done 7 toddlers, but I think 7 infants would be too much.

@scoed, I seems to me that you write fairly well. And the stories are often as much about screenshots as writing.

I have a pair of guinea pigs parents ready to go. My plan is to play with an infant today and tomorrow, and have the parents try for baby again so that the next infant will have a toddler older sibling. (This is assuming I don't get twins or triplets.) Also, much as I love playing rotationally, I'm going to stick with just one family for a while. I also activated Neighborhood Stories -- adoption and baby-making -- for 2 days, so my infants will have friends.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »
Like everyone else, I am super-excited for the new pack, but I haven't pre-ordered it yet.
My preparations for Growing Together consists of several steps:
(1) Complete my Not So Berry Challenge (achieved yesterday, hurrah!)
(2) Buy and set up a new gaming laptop (my current PC struggles to run Sims 4 and lags/stutters excessively with each new pack release)
(3) Order the new pack once my new gaming system is set up
(4) Start a new legacy challenge (next week, maybe?)

I'm extremely nervous about Step (2) as it's been years since I've had to set up a new computer. Wish me luck!
Meanwhile, I look forward to enjoying everyone's infant and other pack-related screenshots!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 12:36:20 PM »
I hope you're able to get a good PC, @oshizu.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 01:26:30 PM »
I hope you're able to get a good PC, @oshizu.
Thank you so much, @MarianT
The thought of choosing and setting up a new computer has me feeling very anxious, as I have not kept up at all with recent computer trends.
When I look at Minimum/Recommended Requirements for games on Steam these days, I think to myself, "What does all that even mean?"

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 04:35:09 PM »
Best of luck on your new PC, @oshizu.

I just preordered Growing Together. Looking forward to it. :)

Offline axxxel

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2023, 05:48:47 PM »
My 6th generation BDD heir is recently married, close to finishing her Big Dream, and waiting to bring in the next heir until after the update and installation of the new pack. She is erratic, paranoid and cheerful, living in an underground bunker in Strangerville with her paranoid husband, Dorian Sigworth. I hope this new chapter in the game will help with my studies. We'll see how parenting an infant changes their lives! At least, I am hoping it is one infant - my game has shown an irrational sense of humor in giving me triplets when I really want a singleton!

Good Luck!

Like everyone else, I am super-excited for the new pack, but I haven't pre-ordered it yet.
My preparations for Growing Together consists of several steps:
(1) Complete my Not So Berry Challenge (achieved yesterday, hurrah!)
(2) Buy and set up a new gaming laptop (my current PC struggles to run Sims 4 and lags/stutters excessively with each new pack release)
(3) Order the new pack once my new gaming system is set up
(4) Start a new legacy challenge (next week, maybe?)

I'm extremely nervous about Step (2) as it's been years since I've had to set up a new computer. Wish me luck!
Meanwhile, I look forward to enjoying everyone's infant and other pack-related screenshots!
How are things with the new laptop? I remember the first time I started a game on my new PC. I didn't leave him for more than 20 hours straight  ;D