Author Topic: Valentine's Day Fever  (Read 8153 times)

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: Valentine's Day Fever
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2023, 02:52:19 AM »
The 23rd spray of confetti went off at 5:02 on Friday, Week 1.

7022 minutes.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2023, 03:07:39 PM »
Final wedding ended 02:21 on Wednesday week one for a total of 3981 minutes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2023, 03:15:20 PM »
I am loving the challenges this year. It was particularly fun to play, even briefly, with many of the pre-made households. I usually create my own Sim.

I was not at all efficient and wasted a lot of time. But it was really fun.

My 23rd wedding finished on Wednesday, Week 2 at 3:19am for a total of 14119 minutes.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2023, 09:07:41 AM »
The 23rd wedding was at 00:58 on Wednesday, for a total time of 3898 minutes.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023, 02:52:31 PM »
23rd wedding on week 2 Friday at 7:03 am for a score of 17223.
I am apparently terrible at Sim romance...

Online CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2023, 03:07:45 PM »
Please put me down as DNF, I started it but ran out of time. But thanks again for making interesting and fun challenges.
Cynthia

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2023, 09:00:07 PM »
I played half my file last Sunday and was finally able to carve out enough human time today to finish. Challenge completed Week 1 Tuesday at 2:18 AM for total of 2538 minutes.
Good Night SimLand!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2023, 03:18:35 AM »
As much fun as i am having with the challenges i simply dont have the energy for time management lately and am forgetting to post my scores on that account :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2023, 05:53:38 AM »
As much fun as i am having with the challenges i simply dont have the energy for time management lately and am forgetting to post my scores on that account :(

I am interpreting this as you did the challenge, but forgot to post your score which means DNF. If this is not the case, let me know.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2023, 06:13:38 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Hats off to mismck for an 11th-hour win—here's a funny, behind-the-scenes story. After GlazeyLady posts her score, she wonders how in the world sone could have done the challenge so fast (sone was at the top for nearly the entire event). She had no illusion that someone would beat her time, but to finish in two days? So, the team thought I should message sone and ask for a detailed strategy to ensure all the rules were followed, etc. sone was super understanding and laid it all out. Here's the funny part: mismck (who could not be in the initial meeting) looks at the strategy a day later and says, "oh, yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing." I may have made some of that story a bit jumbled, but mismck, and sone can share details. It all worked out.

Thanks to all who participated.

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2023, 06:40:22 AM »

Hats off to mismck for an 11th-hour win—here's a funny, behind-the-scenes story. After GlazeyLady posts her score, she wonders how in the world sone could have done the challenge so fast (sone was at the top for nearly the entire event). She had no illusion that someone would beat her time, but to finish in two days? So, the team thought I should message sone and ask for a detailed strategy to ensure all the rules were followed, etc. sone was super understanding and laid it all out. Here's the funny part: mismck (who could not be in the initial meeting) looks at the strategy a day later and says, "oh, yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing." I may have made some of that story a bit jumbled, but mismck, and sone can share details. It all worked out.

Haa, that's hilarious! I was gonna post mine tomorrow but mismck probably streamlined it better so i'll leave the details to the winner =)

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2023, 06:57:35 AM »
Great score @sone - Literally an hour after the meeting, I tagged in was like "That seems like a very reasonable score."
Tax Season is pretty brutal - I'm typically only online early morning, right before bed, and sporadically on Sundays. In fact, I should already be heading to the office now - don't tell the boss! Oh wait, I am one of the bosses  ;D 

My initial Sims were human, with the Soulmate Aspiration which gives the bonus trait of Alluring. Their traits were Insider, Romantic, and Loves Outdoors. I moved them into Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. I created a Club that would be passed from couple to couple called Love is in the Air. The club activities were Be Romantic, Hug, Kiss, Be Friendly, and Be Funny. The first perk I got was Popular Club. The Club was always gathering to earn club points. As soon as I had enough points, I was able to get Romance Bonus, Flirty Vibe, and added a club member slot.

After the initial couple were married, I went for the two couples that are already engaged — they were very fast: Darrel & Emilia and Mateo & Lucia. Sergio & Siobhan are dating, so they went fairly quickly also.

The basic order of events for most couples was to “Take Photo With” up to 3 times to get the Friendship bar full, Become Best Friends, quick Romantic interactions (like hug, kiss, & compliment, never woohoo - takes too long  :o) until Boyfriend/Girlfriend was available. As soon as Boyfriend/Girlfriend was achieved, Propose was usually available. As soon as they were engaged, they would Elope Immediately.

This is another thing I did to speed things along: I planned to use households with multiple single Sims (for example: Caliente), put them all in the Club and I would determine who their spouses were going to be: Don & Katrina, Dina & Johnny, and Nina & Salim. I would take the club to each potential spouses house, meet them, and add them to the Club. When all were in in the club, they would go back to the main house (Caliente). Add lot traits of Private Dwelling & Romantic Aura and set club vibe to flirty. Photos & Romantic interactions until 1 couple is married (Don & Katrina) and the other 2 couples are engaged — this would take roughly 3 Sim hours. Give the club to one non-household member spouse - Salim. Manage households to play Salim. Add engaged Sim to club - Nina. Elope & move Nina in with Salim — this would take less than an hour. Give the club to the other non-household member spouse - Johnny. Manage households to play Johnny. Add engaged Sim to club - Dina. Elope & move Dina in with Johnny — less than an hour. Take Johnny to the next household to meet and give the club - like the Roomies household. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

These are my 23 couples:
John Smith & Jane Doe
Darrel Charm & Emilia Ernest
Mateo Markovic & Lucia Markovic
Jules Rico & Bess Sterling
Sergio Romeo & Siobhan Fyres
Travis Scott & Liberty Lee
Marcus Flex & Summer Holiday
Judith Ward & Paolo Rocca
Gunther Munch & Jade Rosa
Jacques Villarreal & Mila Munch
Don Lothario & Katrina Caliente
Salim Benali & Nina Caliente
Johnny Zest & Dina Caliente
Mitchell Kalani & Zoe Patel
J Huntington III & Candy Behr
Gavin Richards & Maaike Haas
Mark Eggleston & Penny Pizzazz
Diego Lobo & Alice Martin
Valdislaus Strand & Leslie Holland
Dennis Kim & Francine Spencer
George Cahill & Vivian Lewis
Akira Kibo & Lilith Vatore
Caleb Vatore & Miko Ojo

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2023, 08:44:30 AM »
congratulations mismck; great strategy and playing.

Judith Ward & Paolo Rocca were a couple in my playthrough too! My favourite though was Summer Holiday and Simon Silversweater just because the alliteration of Summer and Simon Silversweater made me giggle.

Just wanted to share that when planning I realised that I barely had 23 couples worth of singles so decided to install more expansions. Started with Snowy Escape, soon remembering that it does not provide any singles in households. Doh.

Also, wanted to highlight the Townie info from oshizu which is really useful for these kinds of challenges.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2023, 12:41:57 PM »

I just wanted to share that part of the job of being a Challenge Team Moderator is to identify scores that seem really high if we aren't sure how they could be accomplished. In this case, there are some awesome tactics that I didn't know. It is unfortunate that the entire team was not included in the decision to send a message, especially so quickly, but as the leader of the team, that is Metro's decision, and he made it as he best saw fit.

I have really enjoyed being a Challenge Team Moderator, and thank this community for the many great things I've learned from you about the game. I have decided to leave the Challenge Team at this time, and I know you are in great hands with a strong team and can look forward to another great year of challenges.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2023, 08:55:59 PM »
I did much the same as mismick - but not nearly as well (Congratulations mismick !!!)

Whenever I tried to do the double marriages (two people from household A marrying two people from household B) I always ended up with one couple saying that we were moving too fast.  But there were some interesting groups.

My final couple were two of the Eclectics from Strangerville.  They also got "moving too fast" so waited that out and then he was about to propose when she became possessed and so I had to wait for three hours while she stared blankly at stuff.  That is why I never go to Strangerville for these challenges.  Never.  Ever.