Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38131 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.7: Only Sleeping (30-Mar-23)
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2023, 01:20:11 PM »

"Given up the grilled cheese" - HA!  ;D Woe is the posh princess; she's so over all the teenage nonsense. Maybe she needs the right beau to spice things up!
Hm...the right beau...yes!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.1: At Seventeen
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2023, 09:16:09 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.1: At Seventeen

Nova: I’m back! Chartreux, the Blue Princess, does the honours with the ambrosia and age-down treats. Nice to see Toff turning up for my return. He was a green Tom but he’s definitely pink now. I wonder what he’s up to these days…

8.1.1.jpg

Nova: While I’m still a kitten, Jonesy blows out some cake fire and ages into a silly toddler. I do like toddlers while I’m a kitten. Do you remember why?

8.1.2.jpg

Nova: The Blue Princess and Roxanne, the Green Princess, go off to the bath-house for a shower and then some quiet time. The paparazzi and some fans follow them in without showering, making the water all yucky. Still – it’s water. Who really wants to soak in that wet stuff anyway?

8.1.3.jpg

Nova: The Green Princess gets spooked by some hairy caterpillars (yummy) and nearly misses making a wish on the forest sprites. Not that she feels any benefit from it….

8.1.4.jpg

Nova: …except – she gets her aspiration and can now get super discounts at all food stalls!

8.1.4s.jpg

Nova: THIS! This is why I love toddlers around while I’m a kitten. Such a handy size!

8.1.8.jpg

Nova: The Blue Princess has had enough of bar-hopping and invites all her fans to our home. Some of them are nice and some are not nice. I don’t really like the home invasion but she gets to be a World Famous Celebrity so she’s happy and starts making plans.

8.1.11.jpg

Nova: Firstly, straight after the Meet & Greet, she invites Veer over. Do you remember him? No? Not surprising really. The Blue Princess proposed to him as a celebrity stunt and then forgot all about him too. Mind you, he never showed up or asked her on a date. She briefly considered a liaison with the paparazzi that was so helpful when I last died but it turns out he’s Evil. Anyway, the upshot of it all is that, since they’re already engaged, the Blue Princess decides to cement the deal, so to speak. But before doing that, she takes him on a romantic get-away in the jungle, taking me and Carson (the Lazy Tom) and Janet (the Posh Princess) with her. A bit odd, right? But it will make sense before the end of the week.

8.1.14.jpg

Nova: I get some brushing and then sent off to prowl. It’s a good place to prowl although I do get bitten by a squirrel. A wellness treat soon sorts that out without a visit to the vet.

8.1.15.jpg

Nova: The Blue Princess teaches the Posh Princess and the Lazy Tom about digging in the soil. Is it beginning to make sense yet? Where’s Veer, you ask. He seems to have gone home. I hope he’s OK.

8.1.16.jpg

Nova: Ah – yes. He’s OK. He’s more than OK. He marries our Blue Princess in a small ceremony at home and take her off to a slightly smaller celebrity house - The Ward Den.

8.1.17.jpg

Nova: Madilyn is not happy. Actually everyone except Mac is embarrassed about being in a celebrity home. Madilyn, as Child of the Ocean, pushes for a move to Sulani for the Winter and Mac, being the lovely guy he is, agrees.

8.1.19.jpg

Nova: The Posh Princess finds the perfect spot – the Chieftain's Villa. She definitely thinks it gives the right vibe. But Madilyn is still not happy. She wants an ocean paradise and a tiny house to raise Jonesy in. Plus it’s time to start arranging the final museum pieces and she really doesn’t want to see all her fishy friends hanging on the wall. She, Mac and Jonesy move out to another part of Sulani.

8.1.21.jpg

Nova: The Lazy Tom shows that he likes this spot and that he’s not very lazy either. He goes straight off to swim by the falling water. Water! Ugh! You can see in this photo that I have accepted him as a Companion and branded him accordingly.

8.1.22.jpg

Nova: For some reason, even though Carson was next in line on the Club page, Albert has become the new club leader. The Posh Princess soon puts him straight and now she is the club leader. I have not yet accepted her as a Companion. Time will tell.

8.1.24.jpg

Nova: The Island Spirits that inhabit this place do approve of and accept her.

8.1.27.jpg

Nova: I am pleased with her because she finally found the last Omiscan Artifact for our collection. Ah yes – now you see why the Blue Princess took them on her pre-wedding non-honeymoon!

8.1.28a.jpg

Nova: The Posh Princess celebrates by relaxing – a lot – in front of all my life-markers. I’m amazed that we’ve managed to keep hold of all them through all the moves!

8.1.29.jpg

Nova: I understand that the Posh Princess didn’t enjoy her last Prom. This one wasn’t a success either. Knitting? Really? At a Prom?

8.1.33.jpg

Nova: She comes home to find the Lazy Tom investigating a bright light. Not the Island Spirits. I wonder where this will take us…

8.1.35.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 8; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

8.1.Nova.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions

Current Household: Chieftain’s Villa, Sulani
Generation 5
Roxanne Leonine
: Hybrid Adult (of Albert & Cherish) : Outgoing, Adventurous, Perfectionist; Mt Komorebi Sightseer

Generation 6
Carson
: Spellcaster Young Adult (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Cat-Lover, Bookworm
Janet: Teen (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Snob; Completed collections - Omniscan Artifacts

L-to-R: Janet, Carson holding Nova, Roxanne
8.1.family.jpg

Notes
After Chartreux moved out to be with Veer, the family moved to Sulani via the museum I’d set up at Bargain Bend in Willow Creek. They gathered all the items they’d placed there so that a new museum could be laid out in Sulani. I’ll do a separate post with the layout as I’ve run out of photo space in this post. I’ll also give a list of collections completed and whom by, if I can remember.

Whilst it’s sad to say farewell to Mac, Madilyn and Jonesy, Mac had already achieved a fair number of aspirations and Madilyn always faded into the background until this episode. Jonesy may return but then again, maybe not.

The Title is taken from a Janis Ian single as in Janet is seventeen and learning that Proms aren't full of romantic possibilities for everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Nine Lives Challenge Museum
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
Nine Lives Challenge Museum

Nova’s family are currently living on the museum lot and may well stay there for the remainder of this challenge. The original villa was purchase unfurnished. The ground floor is acting as the family’s living quarters.

8.1.ground.jpg

The ground floor layout was duplicated for an upper floor, the roofs moved upwards.

This upper set of rooms is locked for all but the household and encloses all the required items. Visitors can walk around the balcony and look in through the new glazed windows. No swiping here!
These photos were taken before adding the 9 unique frogs which had been left with the bonus collections.

8.1.museum1.jpg8.1.museum2.jpg

Museum Items
Complete
•   feathers sculpture
•   9 unique mounted fish;
•   9 unique frogs
•   9 pet treats made by a household member (Joy/Simba)
•   9 animal sculptures all made by Don
•   9 unique level 9 career rewards - all from Fasa doing Detective
•   9 perfect nip plants
•   9 photos of cat in each of the 9 different worlds from requirement
•   9 paintings of each life

A basement was also created with the same layout and is open to anyone. It stores all the other items collected by the family over the years.

8.1.collection1.jpg8.1.collection2.jpg

Collections

Completed - 18

Frogs - Simba
MySims Trophies - Simba
Crystals – Choo-Choo
Elements – Choo-Choo
Postcards - Fasa
Space Prints - Mac
Aliens - Mistoffelees
Space Rocks – Choo-Choo
Geodes - Spot
Decorative Eggs - Pixel
City Posters - Simba
Snow Globes - Simba
Feathers - Simba
Ancient Omniscan Artifacts – Janet
Seashells – Choo-Choo
Messages in Bottles – Mistoffelees
Buried Treasure - Janet
Microscope Prints - Carson

Incomplete
Gardening Plants
Metals
Fossils
Fish
Insects
Experimental Food Prints
Omniscan Treasures
Magical Artifacts
Simmies
Village Fair Ribbons

I haven’t included Collections for which we have no items.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.1: At Seventeen(2-Apr-23)
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »

Nice to see that Chartreux achieved her celebrity dream - and that she didn't bury her fiance in the jungle! :P Knitting at prom? What a disaster, again!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.1: At Seventeen(2-Apr-23)
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2023, 07:33:24 AM »
Knitting at prom.  Fantastic!  The Posh Princess is iconic!
Thanks for the house tour!  We got to the end of the update and I immediately thought, "That's too bad, I wanted to see the new house," and then, there it was!  A lovely little homestead/museum  ;=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.2: It Takes Two
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2023, 09:27:57 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.2: It Takes Two

Nova: The last week of our 10th year and it’s Winter. But it’s Sulani so we’re all warm. None of that white stuff making us cold and damp. Janet, the Posh Princess, has started advertising yoga classes online and so we get all sorts of random people dropping by. I generally ignore them but Roxanne, the Green Princess, likes this non-committal guy – Loario. She spends a lot of time with him.

8.2.1.jpg

Nova: Fortunately she’s already done all her work tasks and she gets promoted to level 10 of the Civil Designer career on Monday morning. She’s so pleased because she wants to move out. She looks like she’s been eating grilled cheese but Mac doesn’t live here any more so that can’t be right. Maybe he made some during club hours. Anyway, the Green Princess moves to another beach hut in the same district so she can keep an eye on my young household.

8.2.1a.jpg

Nova: The Posh Princess advertises massages as well as yoga classes. One of her class mates agrees to have one. He looks a bit dopey to me but she is too busy massaging to notice.

8.2.3.jpg

Nova: The same night Toff asks for a foot massage. He says not many spas will do massages on ghosts. It makes him look a bit dopey too.

8.2.4.jpg

Nova: Carson, the Lazy Tom, has been busy too, knitting up a storm. Nearly all socks are available in the wardrobe now. Not that anyone wears them here in Sulani. He’s going to concentrate on writing books now. He loves his books. He mainly writes about me, of course, because there’s a high demand for books about me.

8.2.5a.jpg

Nova: To celebrate becoming Lord of the Knits, the Lazy Tom takes the Posh Princess to the beach bar. It’s Alien Night and purple Theodore shows the Posh Princess where Sixam is.

8.2.6.jpg

Nova: Christmas Day and the Lazy Tom cooks a big meal while the Posh Princess invites her parents over after setting the table.

8.2.8.jpg

Nova: Jonesy has aged up into a Recycle Disciple. It’s good to see how he’s getting on.

8.2.9.jpg

Nova: The Posh Princess leads the family in a festive yoga class…

8.2.10.jpg

Nova: ….and gives Pixel a ghostly stone massage. How do they not just fall through?

8.2.11.jpg

Nova: She’s working so hard, even though she’s still a teen and has her lazy moments, that I accept her as my companion. I attribute her happiness at that to her achieving full Inner Peace.

8.2.14a.jpg

Nova: The Posh Princess does prefer her female customers but quite a few male ones queue up for her attentions. I heard one mutter something about jail-bait but I don’t know what that means. She’s hoping to develop a regular customer list so she can weed out the creepy ones.

8.2.15.jpg

Nova: New Year’s Eve and the family gather again. The Blue Princess and the Green Princess keep enjoying cocktails with Albert so the Posh Princess brews some detox tea for them. Much healthier. You’ll notice that the Green Princess has stopped eating grilled cheese but she does mention something about daycare…

8.2.17.jpg

Nova: The Blue Princess wants to please the Posh Princess but likes her cocktails too. Ah – she finds a solution! That’s alright then.

8.2.18.jpg

Nova: This is the Posh Princess’s last Prom as her birthday is next week. She decides to take a leaf out of the Blue Princess’s playbook. She is the only one sensible enough to be wearing cold-weather clothes. She does suggest to a few others that they should change but it’s difficult to do them all.

8.2.20.jpg

Nova: While at the Prom, she gets a text from the Green Princess. Apparently Loario is not as non-committal as she thought.

8.2.21a.jpg

Janet (thinking to herself): I must not stare. I must not stare. This guy is so self-assured but just look at that nose. I must not stare. I must not stare. I wonder if he’s a Took… Wait – which fountain is this drink from…? Oh – it’s OK, it’s a self-materializing New Year’s Eve drink. They really ought to serve detox tea at these events. You know, I wonder if birds come to perch on that nose? I must not stare!

8.2.22.jpg

8.2.nova.jpg

Progress
Cat Companions
Completed Aspirations
Museum Collections
Current Household: Chieftan’s Villa, Sulani
Generation 6
Carson
: Spellcaster Young Adult (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Cat-Lover, Bookworm; Aspiration - Lord of the Knits
Janet: Teen (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Snob; Collection – Ancient Omniscan Artifacts; Aspiration - Inner Peace

L-to-R: Carson holding Nova, Janet
8.2.family.jpg

Notes
I shall miss Janet's Prom adventures. She has been my most entertaining Sim at them despite getting only Bronze awards for all of them.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.2: It Takes Two (3-Apr-23)
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2023, 02:28:34 PM »

Hey, a Loario! *Claps hands in delight* Blue Princess has the right idea: they say for every cocktail you should have a glass of water in between. That's responsibility!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2023, 06:56:38 AM »
Haha!  A Took indeed.  Maybe a distant cousin?  And yes, Janet is correct, the Took nose is just irresistible and you can't help but stare  ;=)
I also really enjoyed the family yoga class where no one was doing the pose that Janet, their instructor, was doing.  Sims are so funny!!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2023, 09:32:17 AM »

Hey, a Loario! *Claps hands in delight* Blue Princess has the right idea: they say for every cocktail you should have a glass of water in between. That's responsibility!
I lolled when I caught Chartreux still grasping her NYE cocktail while pouring her detox tea. I just had to share!

Haha!  A Took indeed.  Maybe a distant cousin?  And yes, Janet is correct, the Took nose is just irresistible and you can't help but stare  ;=)
I also really enjoyed the family yoga class where no one was doing the pose that Janet, their instructor, was doing.  Sims are so funny!!
The yoga classes are bizarre when you watch them closely. I think that the participants are all supposed to be doing their skill-level-equivalent pose of what the leader is doing but just slightly behind. What often seems to happen in Janet's classes is that those with a high skill level do it slightly before. Maybe it's true to life. I can just imagine some yoga class stalwarts doing that in a "come on, come on, let's do this already" sort of non-relaxing way.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.3: Something's Fishy
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2023, 03:49:18 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 8.3: Something's Fishy

Nova: It seems like it's lasted forever but we’ve come to the end of Janet’s teen years. Carson (the Lazy Tom) & I take the Posh Princess to Chez Llama for her birthday and she ages into a Child of the Ocean. The Lazy Tom is worried about all the museum fish when we get home. She’s not going to like them.

8.3.1.jpg

Nova: Fish belong in my tummy, not on the wall, but the Posh Princess wouldn’t appreciate that either. I’m not thinking about that now anyway. Why did no-one bring me to Chez Llama before? They have a fire! A real fire. Not on cake. In a fireplace. This place is awesome!

8.3.2.jpg

Nova: It’s nice that other members of my entourage come for the celebrations and we won’t mention the elderly guest who dies in the middle of the party. We don’t know him. We barely paused in being by the fire. He’s not important.

8.3.4.jpg8.3.5.jpg

Nova: The Purple Alien Theodore comes for a hand massage. He’s a cat-lover. We like him.

8.3.7.jpg

Nova: One of Marie’s kits is also a cat-lover. We like Carolyn too. Marie is Toff’s natural daughter and
therefore Mac’s half-sister, making Carolyn first cousin to Carson & Janet. Just in case you were wondering…no overly close hanky-panky here.

8.3.8.jpg

Nova: The Lazy Tom is too busy for hanky-panky. He’s just completed his 3rd bestseller. Isn’t he clever.

8.3.10.jpg

Carson: Thanks for coming over Mum. We need to talk about Janet.
Madilyn: Is it the fish? There's a lot of fish. It's quite upsetting.
Carson: She cries if she sees them. I’ve locked the door but she still knows they’re there. I think we’ll need to re-think living in the museum.

8.3.11.jpg

Madilyn: What about you, son? You’re nearly done with your aspirations…
Carson: When tomorrows cheque comes in, yes. But Janet’s not ready to be on her own. I can't move out. I know Watcher’s been thinking about trying again for a multicoloured household and I reckon Theodore would be happy to get the ball rolling but…
Madilyn: That sounds like a great idea! You know the Wormhole Generator is still in the inventory. You could dust it off and go meet more of my people.
Carson: Hm…I guess it’s an option.

8.3.12.jpg

Nova: The Lazy Tom is not convinced about your plan, Watcher.
Watcher: I know. I’m not sure Janet’s a natural born mother either.
Nova: I don’t know about that. She’s great at comforting people and trying to get them healthy with her tea.
Watcher: Let’s get that Wormhole Generator out next week and see what happens.

8.3.13.jpg

Nova: There’s no time for rearranging the house now. We haven’t got a Prom to go to but someone invites the Posh Princess to the Romance Festival. It seems timely but she doesn’t seem impressed.  The Guru says she hasn’t run out of time and then adds “Yet” – not helpful.

8.3.15.jpg

Nova: A tall dark stranger autonomously comforts her. Ooh – where’s this going?

8.3.16.jpg

Nova: The Guru tells the Lazy Tom that he’ll meet a tall dark stranger. Wait! What? This one or another one? Definitely not helpful. Time to go home.

8.3.17.jpg

8.3.Nova.jpg

Progress
Cat Companions
Completed Aspirations
Museum Collections
Current Household: Chieftan’s Villa, Sulani
Generation 6
Carson
: Spellcaster Young Adult (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Cat-Lover, Bookworm; Aspiration - Lord of the Knits; Bestselling Author
Janet: Young Adult (of Mac & Madilyn); Lazy, Snob, Child of the Ocean; Collection – Ancient Omniscan Artifacts; Aspiration - Inner Peace

Notes

We’ve got 2, maybe 3 weeks left of Nova’s 8th life and we need to plan for her 9th. She’d like some toddlers around for when she’s a kitten again but Janet and Carson show very little interest in making babies. Maybe they could explore having science babies…or maybe there’s another route…

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Janet's great!  So funny when the Guru gives her the "...yet" reading.  She's barely into her young adult lifestage!!  Of course it's not too late yet!!  Silly Guru.  He's just jealous that he doesn't have a chance with our posh princess  ;=)
I'll be eager to see how you go about the whole infant thing.  Science or something else?  Curious what that will end up being!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

"Another route." Hmmmm. I agree with Pippin. Our posh princess has plenty of time. Obviously a bad reading.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mac and Madilyn sure have attractive children!  I hope we'll see Jonesy again sometime!
Janet's such a lovely sim! If you go the Science Baby route, i hope you find a worthy donor!

I have never looked at the rules for this challenge.
Apart from resurrecting Nova an 8th time and making a painting of the 9th Nova, what remains for you to finish?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Janet's great!  So funny when the Guru gives her the "...yet" reading.  She's barely into her young adult lifestage!!  Of course it's not too late yet!!  Silly Guru.  He's just jealous that he doesn't have a chance with our posh princess  ;=)
I'll be eager to see how you go about the whole infant thing.  Science or something else?  Curious what that will end up being!
I'm glad you like Janet too. Yeah, that gurus nose is far too flat. Maybe she should invite that High School friend with the nose over...

"Another route." Hmmmm. I agree with Pippin. Our posh princess has plenty of time. Obviously a bad reading.
I love teasers :)
Mac and Madilyn sure have attractive children!  I hope we'll see Jonesy again sometime!
Janet's such a lovely sim! If you go the Science Baby route, i hope you find a worthy donor!

I have never looked at the rules for this challenge.
Apart from resurrecting Nova an 8th time and making a painting of the 9th Nova, what remains for you to finish?
There's absolutely nothing remaining other than those 2 things and I've nearly run out of possible aspirations to add on. I can try to complete a few more collections....
I fully intend to see Nova through her ninth incarnation, sharing whatever madness occurs in that time. I have already built a suitable residence for her last life and I've got a query in to the challenge team that needs answering before then. I've got something in mind that might be fun but I don't want to break the rules at this late stage.

I don't have a next challenge in mind but it would be nice to end up with a suitable founder (note to self, save Janet to gallery, maybe Jonesy too). I doubt I'll have your dedication to genetic crafting ;)

How are you getting on with crafting your next challenge? Or are you still finding non-Sim distractions?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
There's absolutely nothing remaining other than those 2 things and I've nearly run out of possible aspirations to add on. I can try to complete a few more collections....
I fully intend to see Nova through her ninth incarnation, sharing whatever madness occurs in that time. I have already built a suitable residence for her last life and I've got a query in to the challenge team that needs answering before then. I've got something in mind that might be fun but I don't want to break the rules at this late stage.

I don't have a next challenge in mind but it would be nice to end up with a suitable founder (note to self, save Janet to gallery, maybe Jonesy too). I doubt I'll have your dedication to genetic crafting ;)

How are you getting on with crafting your next challenge? Or are you still finding non-Sim distractions?
How fabulous that you are so close to finishing!  Go Watcher go!

Who knows about your next founder? Maybe teenage Jonesy will make a suitable founder.  You could customize his gender to female if you prefer a female founder.

I haven't touched the sims since my last NSB update.  My desktop is pretty old and it really struggles to run the game since the infant patch.
I'd been planning to buy a new computer after finishing my NSB and so once that's set up in another 1-2 weeks, I'll be simming again.
I do miss my sims!
My next legacy challenge only consists of two generations so far, so I have plans for the remaining 8 generations but need to sequence them.
Thanks for asking!

anything