Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38095 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.3: Asleep In The Hall
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.3: Asleep In The Hall

Nova: Where have you been? Me? I’ve been right here eating loads of fish that magically appeared from Watcher’s inventory. There’s been some good eating, I can tell you! I know, I know, 2 weeks have passed by and another episode is overdue. Let me see if I can keep things in order… We move to Newcrest, There aren't any neighbours but it's handy for the spa and the restaurant both of which we never have time to visit.
Toff has done a lot of parenting for Pixel. For some reason he’s just always there when she wants attention.

7.3.1.jpg

Nova: My lovely, erratic Norah has twins Molly & Giancarlo by her new husband Andy but then everyone gets a phone call saying that Andy has died. How tragic. The Blue Princesses go round to comfort their mother. Apparently Andy was killed by a Killer Chicken. They don’t even keep chickens!

7.3.3.jpg

Nova: Mac is so sad about Andy that he invites Madilyn over for some dumpster diving. It cheers him up for some reason. Probably because it smells so interesting. I would get in there if I could! I wonder where their son Carson is?

7.3.5.jpg

Nova: Mac is still trying to help the elderly get fit to offset his criminal career (still stuck on level 6!) but one of them keels over and dies! That’s enough, Mac. You need to try something else.

7.3.7.jpg

Nova: Pixel ages up to child stage. She’s a cheerful spellcaster, like her dad Mac, but unlike him she has a strong bloodline. Watcher is pondering what to do about that… Madilyn comes for the celebrations but she doesn’t have cake. She’s clearly had enough grilled cheese for 2.

7.3.10.jpg

Nova: The saddest day of the whole 2 weeks, Toff decides to call the Man in Black. It’s just as well he can glide though doors because Toff is blocking the doors from opening. None of the family can get in to witness his death until it’s all over.

7.3.17.jpg

Nova: To shake up the household from its mourning, we all go off to the jungle. I've been before, of course, but this is first time for my current household. Chartreux really gets into archaeology while Chloe finds some amazing treasures. They make a great team.

7.3.20.jpg

Nova: In fact Chloe triggers some mystic relic and spends some time as a skeleton. I don’t mind but I’m glad when it wears off.

7.3.25.jpg

Nove: What else? Oh yes, Mac goes to visit his little family in Sulani. He gets to know Carson and gets a good cuddle with infant Janet. He really wants to move in with them but wants to be done with his career first. Besides, there’s Pixel to think about.

7.3.26.jpg

Nova: And finally it’s time for Roxanne to age up and she does it in style. Her underlying hair colour is still black but she goes for a dye-job. She’s also adventurous so she and Chloe are planning to hit the slopes soon. You may remember that Chloe picked a snowboarding t-shirt for herself as a child and she’s always wanted to go

7.3.27.jpg

Nova: The blue princesses decide to age up a few days early and both decide that they love the outdoors, not surprising as they want to head back to the jungle soon. Chloe graduated earlier to concentrate on writing jokes and she joins the Entertainer career. Chartreux has been constantly at school. Her hard work pays off because she graduates as Valedictorian. She decides to capitalise on her social media presence and takes it up as an adult career.

7.3.28.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 7; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

Sitting on the robot vacuum which the family turn on for her when they spot her sitting on it. She goes riding round the house like it’s her personal chariot.
7.3.nova.jpg

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions

Current Household: New Crest
Generation 4
Albert Leonine
: Father Winter’s Baby; Young Adult; Good, Dance Machine, Outgoing; 2 As

Generation 5
Mac Leonine
: Young Adult; Bookworm, Neat, Cheerful; 1 A; Aspiration – Chief of Mischief; Space Prints

Generation 6
Chloe Leonine
: Hybrid Young Adult; Good, Overacheiver, Loves Outdoors; 1 A
Chartreux Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult (twin of Chloe); Cat-Lover, Genius, Loves Outdoors; 2 As
Roxanne Leonine: Hybrid Teen (of Albert & Cherish) : Outgoing, Adventurous
Pixel Leonine: Spellcaster Child (of Mac & SPT#3); Cheerful; Bonus Collection – Decorative Eggs

L-to-R: Chartreux, Albert, Pixel holding Nova, Mac, Chloe, Roxanne
7.3.family.jpg

Notes

Apologies for skipping an episode. Nothing seemed to have happened and then lots happened all together.
In the background, the family have bought Paddywack’s Emporium and are selling off their storehouse of collectibles during school hours.

Title: Asleep In The Hall taken from the poem Mr Mistoffelees

House Tour:
Extra deep Basement with gym & climbing wall

7.3.2base.jpg

Ground Floor – living area to left, skilling area to right

7.3.2ground.jpg

First Floor – bedrooms and shower rooms

7.3.2first.jpg

There are "exit windows" on both the ground floor and onto the first floor balcony in the vain hope that someone sometime might just ask one of my teens to sneak out to a party. I still haven't given up hope of doing the Live Fast teen aspiration.

Extended family: Norah with Molly & Giancarlo - half-siblings to Chloe & Chartreux

7.3.Norah.jpg

Madilyn with Mac’s children, Carson & Janet. Mac gave up his spellcasting nature before fathering Janet in the hope of producing a purple child...ah well.

7.3.Madilyn.jpg

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Nice house tour! I always love seeing other simmer's builds. Looks cute and super efficient. Do you know if placing the "Exit Window" in the house prompts the invite to sneak out? I've yet to have a teen asked to do it, but then I've not placed an exit window in the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher

Nice house tour! I always love seeing other simmer's builds. Looks cute and super efficient. Do you know if placing the "Exit Window" in the house prompts the invite to sneak out? I've yet to have a teen asked to do it, but then I've not placed an exit window in the house.
I don't know if you need the window in place to trigger it now. I'm pretty sure, long ago when I did get an invite, I didn't already have the window and so was unable to sneak out. My teens haven't had an invite in ages so I've put them in my last few houses just in case. Maybe all my teens never make the right friends, lol!

There's only one window exit available and it's called the EZ on the window menu. You can see them on my first floor level, either side of the toybox. If you do put them in, they need to be from ground level - not elevated - windows or onto a deck/balcony at the same height. Hovering over the placement area, the game does tell you if your Sims won't be able to use it. I have found that you need to lock them for non-household member. Non-household Sims seem to love coming in through a window which is comical but not always helpful.

My teens continue to live in hope of an invite...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
A lovely update and a nice touch with both a house tour and some extended family shots!
I'm looking forward to what adventures await Chloe and Roxanne!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
You can be invited to sneak out, with or without those windows.  I've even had a teen living alone get them, and then get the moodlet for successfully "sneaking out" afterwards!
But yes, if it's a second floor, you do need at least a 1-square surface to climb out to, and then you can place the Rebellious Trellis to get down from there.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
You can be invited to sneak out, with or without those windows.  I've even had a teen living alone get them, and then get the moodlet for successfully "sneaking out" afterwards!
But yes, if it's a second floor, you do need at least a 1-square surface to climb out to, and then you can place the Rebellious Trellis to get down from there.
Have you had the invitations to sneak out lately? I've not had one for ages.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Yes, in fact in my current playthrough I think my teen got 2 of those invites over the course of her 2-week stint in high school.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Yes, in fact in my current playthrough I think my teen got 2 of those invites over the course of her 2-week stint in high school.
Fingers crossed for my teens then :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
My teens have never ever gotten an invite to sneak out.
I don't even try anymore with the Live Fast aspiration and the EZ something-or-other window!

I enjoyed the house tour and wondered why you built the gym in the basement when your lot seemed big enough to accommodate the extra room?
Was it to keep the symmetry of the ground floor?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
My teens have never ever gotten an invite to sneak out.
I don't even try anymore with the Live Fast aspiration and the EZ something-or-other window!

I enjoyed the house tour and wondered why you built the gym in the basement when your lot seemed big enough to accommodate the extra room?
Was it to keep the symmetry of the ground floor?
The climbing wall needs to have the maximum wall height to be under cover and I didn't want the whole of the ground floor to be that height. It always shorts out in the rain.
I do like symmetry for builds but Nova spent ages running around upstairs and I think she got confused with the 2 sets of stairs.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.4: Blue Celebrity
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2023, 09:49:58 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.4: Blue Celebrity

Nova: Albert is trying to get fitter for those topless acting jobs. The six-pack is essential. His favourite means of working out is to dance videos because he’s still a dance machine.

7.4.1.jpg

Nova: Pixel went to the park after scouts to make some friends and found her half-brother Carson, Madilyn’s kit.

7.4.2.jpg

Nova: Do you remember that Chartreux graduated as Valedictorian? She practiced her speech before the ceremony and she smashed it. Which is just as well because Albert had to miss picking up an acting award as there was a diary clash. Hopefully he’ll get one next week.

7.4.3.jpg

Nova: Chartreux never stops. You’d think she was the over-achiever, not Chloe. She’s still uncovering artifacts from lumps of mud, live-streaming herself entering gaming competitions plus doing her social media career. Alongside all that, she records all manner of videos. This one is about putting powder on your face.

7.4.5.jpg

Nova: Chartreux’s love life is hotting up too. She flirtily introduced herself to another celebrity Veer. He was so taken with her that he asked her to walk out with him.

7.4.5a.jpg

Nova: She said “yes” of course. Celebrity dating is all good publicity.

7.4.6.jpg

Nova: At the end of the week Roxanne aged up to be a perfectionist young adult. She has become a Civil Designer. Pixel aged up to be a neat teen which is a contradiction in terms if ever I heard one. Although she started with a plaits bun, she quickly found some hair dye and went for a plaits pony.

7.4.7.jpg

Nova: “What about Chloe and Mac?” I hear you ask. Chloe has been on 2 solo journeys to the jungle, fighting off nature attacks and finding treasure. Mac has crawled up to level 7 of his crime career. I think his cheerful nature works against him in that career. No-one really believes he’s going to be mean so they ignore him. No pictures for either of them, sadly.

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 7; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

7.4.nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Twin Point, NewCrest
Generation 4
Albert Leonine

Generation 5
Mac Leonine
: Adult; Bookworm, Neat, Cheerful; 1 A; Aspiration – Chief of Mischief; Space Prints

Generation 6
Chloe Leonine
: Hybrid Young Adult; Good, Overacheiver, Loves Outdoors; 1 A
Chartreux Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult (twin of Chloe); Cat-Lover, Genius, Loves Outdoors; 2 As
Roxanne Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult (of Albert & Cherish) : Outgoing, Adventurous, Perfectionist
Pixel Leonine: Spellcaster Teen (of Mac & SPT#3); Cheerfu, Neatl; Bonus Collection – Decorative Eggs

L-to-R: Chloe, Albert, Pixel holding Nova, Mac, Roxanne, Chartreux
7.4.family.jpg

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Hey now! I was a neat teen back in the day; it's not impossible! Maybe a bit unusual, though, I suppose. :P I see you got the dating pop up! So jealous. How high of friend and romance bars did you have with him? Morgaine had almost max friendship and half romance bars with quite a few of the aliens, but she never got any pop ups. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough. Do you know how long it took for the pop up to happen?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher

Hey now! I was a neat teen back in the day; it's not impossible! Maybe a bit unusual, though, I suppose. :P I see you got the dating pop up! So jealous. How high of friend and romance bars did you have with him? Morgaine had almost max friendship and half romance bars with quite a few of the aliens, but she never got any pop ups. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough. Do you know how long it took for the pop up to happen?
We are both quite untidy. We were hoping our 2 daughters would rebel against that by being neat. Nope! It seems we mentored them in untidiness and their husbands definitely blame us.  ;D
Chartreux met Veer in the club in Del Sol Valley, Chartreux did a Flirty Introduction and she has the Incredibly Friendly trait. Their friendship bar went up to max and romance to about 1/4. He followed her home. He then asked Chloe, to whom he hadn't been introduced, to be best friends at which point I was feeling a bit miffed on Chartreux 's behalf but then he popped the girlfriend request.
The asking to be BFFs when not actually introduced is clearly a bug but its quite a funny one. I always accept because I can't be bothered to deal with the resentment when refused.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.5: Aspirational
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2023, 04:05:17 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.5: Aspirational

Nova: I start the week full of beans and so does Mac. He finally reaches level 8 in the Criminal career and is officially Public Enemy.

7.5.0a.jpg

Nova: He’s not happy though. His nature is too sunny to be mean to people. He gets a new job as a teacher and he wants to join Madilyn and their children. Pixel thinks she’ll be OK to stay with Chartreux. I’ll keep an eye on her too.

7.5.1.jpg

Nova: Chloe’s no slacker either. She does another trip to the jungle and becomes an official Jungle Explorer.

7.5.2.jpg

Nova: Chloe feels it’s time to move out. She wants more than our suburban life in Newcrest so she moves back to Tartosa. Before she moves out, Roxanne asks her for a selfie. Chloe promises to join her if she ever organises a trip to Mt Komorebi which they keep talking about but never do.

7.5.7.jpg

Nova: Hello, Pixel. I’m just checking in on you.
Pixel: You’re not leaving too, are you?
Nova: I know I’ve just become an elder but you have the treats I need to bring me back when it’s time.
Pixel: OK, but I’m not ready for another goodbye.
Nova: It will be alright.

7.5.3.jpg

Nova: Now just set my chariot going. It’s time for a spin!
Pixel: You’re so funny!

7.5.4.jpg

Nova: Where was I? That thing makes me dizzy but I love it. Oh yes. Let’s check in on our B-Lister Chartreux. She completes her skill/autobiography called Indiana Charlie and is officially an Archaeology Scholar. She really works the livestreaming and takes every opportunity to get more famous, including proposing to Veer in public.

7.5.8.jpg

Nova: She loves nothing more than showing off her moves on the dance floor. Marie’s here in the yellow dress – more appropriate club-wear than Chartreux’s winter outfit.

7.5.9.jpg

Nova: Pixel is doing so well at school that Roxanne throws a black and white party for her birthday. My household have only got a bronze for this type of social so I’m thrilled for Pixel that she gets gold for this one. Pixel becomes what we all knew she would be – a cat-lover! She also graduates Valedictorian.

7.5.11a.jpg

Mac: So? Have you decided what career you want to do?
Pixel: Chartreux says I don’t need to work, Dad. As long as I keep busy.
Mac: Busy doing what?
Pixel: This.
Mac: Massaging my feet?
Pixel: Not just yours. And I can teach yoga and meditation too.
Mac: Ah! That tickles….

7.5.12.jpg

Nova: The end of year 9 and Mac celebrates in the costume for his latest acting gig. Will he finally get to the awards ceremony on Sunday evening to maybe receive an award?

7.5.13.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 7; Elder; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

7.5.nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Twin Point, NewCrest
Generation 4
Albert Leonine

Generation 6
Chartreux Leonine
: Hybrid Young Adult (twin of Chloe); Cat-Lover, Genius, Loves Outdoors; 2 As; Aspiration: Archaeology Scholar
Roxanne Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult (of Albert & Cherish) : Outgoing, Adventurous, Perfectionist
Pixel Leonine: Spellcaster Young Adult (of Mac & SPT#3); Cheerful, Neat, Cat-Lover; Bonus Collection – Decorative Eggs

L-to-R: Roxanne, Pixel holding Nova, Albert, Chartreux
7.5.family.jpg

Note
Mac and Chloe are still in the family group so they spend most of their time with Nova and our household.
Nova is reaching the end of her 7th life. Another move is on the horizon. Now, where is a suitable location for a celebrity and a new age guru to live? There’s really only one choice!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.5: Aspirational (23-Mar-23)
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2023, 05:00:26 PM »

That sounds like Del Sol Valley to me! I don't have much experience playing there, though. Glad to see that Nova has claimed her latest attendant in Pixel. :P