Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38171 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.6: How Many? (10-Mar-23)
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2023, 01:09:02 AM »
th.jpg

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2023, 02:44:56 AM »
You don't have to put on the red light
That's why she's green! Lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2023, 03:28:23 PM »
Chartreux likes to stay at home in her jammies all day?  She's my favorite!!  She makes sense to me!!  Of course, then she stopped being a toddler and seems to change out of jammies and go more places.  Poor kiddo.
I loved the running bit with the household count!  What a fun and clever running theme for the many comings and goings of this update!
You let us know that Madilyn is so pretty as an alien and in her regular Sim disguise, but you only showed us the back of her head in her disguise!  If she's secretly hideous and you're trying to hide it, that's understandable, but if she's actually pretty, maybe we could see her face sometime?  :=)
Just for you, Pippin:
Madilyn with Mac's son Carson who had inherited his father's spellcaster nature rather than his mothers purple hue.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 192703.jpg

Madilyn in her human disguise which confuses me. When she entered the house and I clicked on her to disguise herself, she had mid-brown hair with a fringe. When I went into Change Sim to give her an alien wardrobe, her human hair had changed to blonde. Very strange.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 192806.jpg

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.1: Lucky For Some
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2023, 04:13:41 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.1: Lucky For Some

Nova: Hellooooo! Can anyone see me? Oh, Toff. I’m not sure brushing me will do much good. Who’s got the ambrosia treats? Aha, Albert has them. And the Age-Down treats. Great. My seventh life has begun

7.1.1.jpg

Nova: Mac has clearly gone back to eating too much grilled cheese as a coping mechanism while I was absent. He’s also upset that the wishing well is resisting all known tactics and refusing to get him promoted. Chloe is trying to be sensitive about his increased weight gain.

7.1.2.jpg

Nova: This green princess is Albert’s kit, Roxanne. She has a lot to say while in her jammies. The line between inside and outside in our island home is very blurry so jammies are good wherever.

7.1.4.jpg

Nova: Roxanne is just the right size to hug me properly while I’m in my kitten stage.

7.1.5.jpg

Nova: Albert dresses as a cockerel for work at the moment. Chloe tries to tell him that she finds it embarrassing but he’s trying to stay in character.

7.1.6.jpg

Nova: Any room for me up there?

7.1.7.jpg

Nova: Norah quite rightly is concerned about the cake on fire. She ducks and talks to herself in order to calm down.

7.1.8.jpg

Nova: The blue princesses age up into Good Overachiever Chloe

7.1.9.jpg

Nova: And Cat-Loving Genius Chartreux. She is not happy about her party outfit of baggy t-shirt and long skirt so mother Norah sorts it out so that Chartreux can still wear her jammies. Even when her drone streams her Simfluencer tasks.

7.1.10.jpg

Nova: Mac has his alien-impregnated baby Pixel. I think she is fully human despite/because Mac is a Spellcaster. Madilyn panicked when she arrived but Mac was proud to show Pixel off to her. Their son Carson is a spellcaster toddler now with human skin and red hair.

7.1.13.jpg

Nova: Time for Pixel to age up into a furry princess and yes, she has no crystal or Spellcaster icon and no she has no alien identifiers. She appears to be fully human.

7.1.16.jpg

Nova: A Cold Red Beard shows up with presents but he’s had to swim to the island so he’s in his trunks. I am an adult now and I am musing on the absurdity of swimming with a bag of presents.

7.1.16a.jpg

Nova: Roxanne’s twin Kiersten comes to visit for their Aunt Norah’s wedding. The sisters are very pleased to see each other again.

7.1.17.jpg

Nova: Norah is now officially a Party Animal and a Computer Whiz, bringing her aspiration count to 4. With her kits being independent teens, she has decided to marry the equally erratic Andy and move out to make an erratic home of their own. The wedding ceremony has many pauses for the happy couple to talk to themselves.

7.1.18.jpg

Nova: Norah’s furry sister Cherish stays on to help her green kit Roxanne age into an Outgoing green princess.

7.1.19.jpg

Nova: Albert does his fatherly duty and reads to Roxanne while I snooze.

7.1.20.jpg

Nova: You’d think there isn’t room on here for me, but there is. The furry princess gives good hugs.

7.1.21.jpg7.1.22.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 7; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

7.1.Nova.jpg

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Current Household: Key Point, Sulani
Generation 4
Albert Leonine
: Father Winter’s Baby; Young Adult; Good, Dance Machine, Outgoing; 2 As

Generation 5
Mac Leonine
: Young Adult; Bookworm, Neat, Cheerful; 1 A; Aspiration – Chief of Mischief; Space Prints

Generation 6
Chloe Leonine
: Hybrid Teen; Good, Overacheiver; 1 A
Chartreux Leonine: Hybrid Teen (twin of Chloe); Cat-Lover, Genius; 2 As
Roxanne Leonine: Hybrid Child (of Albert & Cherish) : Outgoing
Pixel Leonine: Toddler (of Mac & SPT#3); Angelic

L-to-R: Chartreux, Mac holding Pixel, Albert, Roxanne holding Nova, Chloe
7.1.family.jpg

Notes

Pixel is named for the titular character of Robert Heinlein’s “The Cat Who Walked Through Walls”. The premise of the cat’s ability was that it didn’t know it couldn’t so it did.

I’m using Pinstar’s Trait updated trait generator for all traits. For alien abduction children, the 2ndary parental traits are taken from a significant care-giver. Chartreux’s cat-loving came totally out of the blue but does mark her as a main companion.

Cherish is very hairy. I haven’t quite worked out the best way to change her body hair setting or at least give her more concealing outfits. I might move her in and then move her straight out again as that’s within the rules. Maybe I’m hair-phobic but it just looks wrong. I don’t think Albert likes it either. He has had a whim to Break Up With Cherish (because of their romantic relationship!) for ages which I’m ignoring for the sake of Roxanne & Kiersten.

With the start of year 9, Spring on the way, and the gen 6 not needing such a tiny home for skilling, the family may be on the move to less tropical weather. Now...where hasn't our dynastic family resided...?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 7.1: Lucky For Some (12-Mar-23)
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
Wow, life seven already!  You are just flying through this!
Chartreux and her jammies!!  She just makes all of the sense to me  :=)
Madilyn is taking the disguise thing a bit too far if she's even trying to disguise herself from her own Watcher ;=)  How odd about the hair!  She is rather lovely, though, and thank you for the extra shots to confirm that  :=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2023, 11:14:17 AM »
Wow, life seven already!  You are just flying through this!
Chartreux and her jammies!!  She just makes all of the sense to me  :=)
Madilyn is taking the disguise thing a bit too far if she's even trying to disguise herself from her own Watcher ;=)  How odd about the hair!  She is rather lovely, though, and thank you for the extra shots to confirm that  :=)
Jammies for everyone!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2023, 03:08:21 PM »
So I assume disabling hair growth requires CAS full edit mode, and using a cheat code is against the rules?  I guess she could shave... like, every day.  Ugh.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2023, 03:36:54 PM »
I confess that I'm utterly confused and can no longer identify who's who.
But I agree that Madilyn is beautiful, and so is Marie!
Wait, wasn't Albert going to take Roxanne with him?  Is that "hairism" (Roxanne getting kicked for not being a redhead).

As for disabling hair growth, is it possible to change that setting via the Change Sim process? 

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2023, 07:59:13 PM »

Hm, trying to think which world(s) you haven't been in yet. You've moved around so much! Maybe Mt. Komorebi?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2023, 02:35:33 AM »
So I assume disabling hair growth requires CAS full edit mode, and using a cheat code is against the rules?  I guess she could shave... like, every day.  Ugh.
Cherish isn't part of the household so I think officially I can't go into CAS for her. I'm shooting for the Hall of Fame on this one so I'm more cautious about rules.
I am allowed to invite her to move in, help her with her "issue" and then move her out again. There just never seems to be any time when no household imember s prepping for one task or another,  lol

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2023, 03:03:17 AM »
I confess that I'm utterly confused and can no longer identify who's who.
But I agree that Madilyn is beautiful, and so is Marie!
Wait, wasn't Albert going to take Roxanne with him?  Is that "hairism" (Roxanne getting kicked for not being a redhead).

As for disabling hair growth, is it possible to change that setting via the Change Sim process?
I, too, get very confused about who is related to who(m?). I can't get a family tree shot that includes all the current household. Let me see if I can write it out, if only for my sake, lol. Current Household in bold

Joy + Don:
- Simba + SPT:
-- Orion
-- Spot + Seema:
--- Mistoffelees
---- Marie (mother Jennie - see below)
---- Mac (mother SPT)
----- Pixel (mother SPT)
--- Spook + Isla Spencer-Kim
---- Cherish (see above)
---- Norah + Kateru (teacher)
----- Chloe
----- Chartreux
- Fasa + Felicia Bheeda
-- Fancy-Fancy
-- Choo-Choo + Father Winter
---- Jennie (see above)
---- Albert + Cherish (see above)
----- Kiersten
----- Roxanne

I didn't set up stat and gen posts at the beginning of this challenge, thinking it wasn't necessary. I have learned my lesson, roll.
Incidentally, have you spotted that my game is favouring princesses over toms again? No strawberries were harmed in the making of these kittens.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2023, 03:11:26 AM »

Hm, trying to think which world(s) you haven't been in yet. You've moved around so much! Maybe Mt. Komorebi?
We've holidayed in Mt Komorebi but not lived there. The new home is in the basegame Newcrest.
I'm not great at building houses as I'm too impatient to get on with my game so the houses always  end up being stretched boxes with skilling items strewn willy-nilly like some yard sale. I like moving the household to make a fresh start but it rarely lasts.
 I'm slightly terrified by having to keep a dynasty on the same lot for many generations ;D

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2023, 04:17:20 AM »
What I've done, especially for building up Newcrest, is to go to the gallery, enter the lot name, and pick one of the results.  If it looks good and it's furnished, good enough, place it and on to the next lot.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2023, 07:05:26 AM »
What I've done, especially for building up Newcrest, is to go to the gallery, enter the lot name, and pick one of the results.  If it looks good and it's furnished, good enough, place it and on to the next lot.
Yes - there's some amazingly creative stuff in the gallery. Some end up being too cluttered for gameplay but fun to try. I quite like downloading them unfurnished. It's the build that I struggle with and could do with watching some tutorials.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2023, 02:08:35 PM »
1000_F_97841905_XStN4H8pIklLeM0QaoM4bw938aghAcWX.jpg

A brief hiatus as I take part in a very relaxing challenge over on the tournament board of this forum

anything