Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38173 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.3: Pen & Ink
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2023, 09:11:02 AM »
Poor Nova!  Finally getting screentime again, but definitely not the most flattering sort!!
Oh, and the subtle usage of the "don't stand so close to me" line?  Super clever!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.3: Pen & Ink
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2023, 10:46:34 AM »
Poor Nova!  Finally getting screentime again, but definitely not the most flattering sort!!
Oh, and the subtle usage of the "don't stand so close to me" line?  Super clever!
A favourite song from my late teens...a very impressionable age  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.4: What She Wants To Be
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.4: What She Wants To Be

Marie: Thank you for coming to my birthday party. I’m gonna flirt with you until I can’t.
Keegan: Will you wait for me, my love?
Marie: Always! Pfft!
Albert: Oh – this is a bit awkward…

6.4.1.jpg

Marie: Awkward, maybe, but thanks for getting us up to dance, Uncle Albert.
Albert: See – awkward, again. I know I am your uncle, but it’s a bit confusing when you are definitely older than me.
Norah: Sh – and concentrate on the moves. This is a gold standard party that I’ve thrown.
Albert: I met your sister for the first time. She’s nice.
Norah: It’s all in the genes, Uncle Albert!
Albert: Wait a minute! I’m not your uncle. Am I?
Mac: Anyone fancy a snack?

6.4.2.jpg

Albert: You just stay there, Nova, while I learn my lines.
Nova: Meow?
Albert: I’m stuck on level three at drama club.
Watcher: That’s OK. I’ll bring you home early next time and then it will click over.
Albert: That makes no sense – like much of my life!

6.4.4.jpg

Alex: It was so nice of you and your brother Mac to just rock up to my home and for you to teach me knitting.
Marie: Um…you’re welcome.
Alex: Is your brother OK? He’s been a long time in the bathroom…
Marie: I’m sure he’ll be out in a mo. Don’t drop that stitch.
Mac: Hey Alex – your sink seems to be clogged. We’d better be off, sis!

6.4.5.jpg

Mac: Kapow! Whoosh! Zap!
Mistoffelees: You don’t need to say the sounds, Mac. They come as you do the spells.
Mac: Oh – sorry.

6.4.6.jpg

Albert: Another day, another Norah party.
Cherish: It seems like Donald, Jalen and me are over here all the time!
Albert: I’m pleased about that.
Cherish: Are you flirting with me?
Albert: I’ve been flirting with you for some time but you’re still not showing any romance…
Cherish: But aren’t you my uncle?
Albert: NO! Absolutely not! 2nd cousins once removed! It’s all good.
Cherish: Oh – OK. Carry on then.
Albert (sigh)

6.4.7.jpg

Kakeru: Hey, Albert. Where’s your…sister?
Albert: She’s not my sister, Mr Watanabe. She’s my 2nd cousin, once removed.
Kakeru: OK. Where’s your….Norah?
Albert: I think she’s been transferred to a different class. It’s only me and Mac that are “watched” today.
Kakeru (to self): I knew it after those strong words in the staff room. The accusations fly.

6.4.9.jpg

Nova: The Man in Black! Choo-Choo! No!

6.4.10.jpg

Andy: Norah, the atmosphere in here is really weird.
Norah: Well, Marie’s granny died in the night, so…
Andy: I’m sorry for your loss, but it’s more than that.
Norah: Ah, well I’ve invited all my flirtees over so I can ask to just be friends.
Andy: You flirted with all these people?
Norah: Well, not my brothers and sister. Or my cousins Marie and Mac.
Albert: Or your 2nd cousin once removed – me, eh Cherish?
Andy: This is too weird.

6.4.11.jpg

Mac: Phew, this magic lark is hard work. I thought it would be a breeze!

6.4.12.jpg

Mac: Ha! That old woman thought she could crash Norah’s party! I couldn’t believe she’d rise to my streaking dare!
Agnes: I’m getting too old for this.

6.4.14.jpg

Norah: Hi Mr Watanabe. I like your fancy dress costume.
Kakeru: I had it in the wardrobe already so I thought I’d accept this invitation.
Norah: Yes – you didn’t come to my other parties…?
Kakeru: Oh – I didn’t want there to be loose talk in the classroom. I’ve been catching up on my reading.
Norah: Which author’s your favourite?
Kakeru: Nabokov.

6.4.16.jpg

Kakeru: Just time to top up my push-up quota before I leave… Yes, Norah? Was there something you wanted?
Norah: Oh – I know what I want to be.
Kakeru: As long as it’s not just a school girl fantasy, I’m sure you’ll achieve it.

6.4.17.jpg

Albert: Are you still eating?
Mac: I just love this grilled cheese! You know it tastes so good!
Albert: How many slices have you had?
Mac: I’ve lost count…maybe just one more.
Albert: And then maybe go for a jog?

6.4.19.jpg

Norah: Thanks for coming to my party, Zechariah.
Zechariah: I thought you just wanted to be friends.
Norah: So did I. But I’ve got this whim to make out with you that just won’t go away!
Zechariah: I can help with that.
Norah: mmmmm And now can we go back to being just friends?
Zechariah: What?

6.4.20.jpg

Nova: Ah! Back to me is it?
Watcher: There’s only 3 hours to the prom and you get into another squirrel fight?
Nova: I usually win.
Watcher: Not this time. You know Norah’s due to age up at the Prom and I don’t know what will happen!
Nova: It’ll be fine – just keep an eye on Uncle Albert. Marie’s better at vetting but she’s at work and I’m worried…
Watcher: I think he knows what he’s doing…
Nova: Bleugh – that parasite spray didn’t work….ouch…but the fixolotl shot did!
Watcher: Right, let’s get Prom-ready!

6.4.21.jpg

Norah: Well, aren’t you a glass of tall, dark and handsome, Mr Watanabe!
Kakeru: Norah? You can’t be flirting with me!
Norah: I’m a young adult now, Mr Watanabe

6.4.22.jpg

Kakeru: But how did you get in? This is for students only.
Norah: I got in and then went for a spin! Now I’m an overachiever, just like my dad Spook and granny Seema and I know what I want to acheive. How about a kiss for the birthday girl?
Kakeru: Oh – er – wow!
Principal: Hrrrumph!
Kakeru: Principal?
Principal: Mr Watanabe!

6.4.24.jpg

Kakeru: You got voted Prom Queen and you’re not even a student!
Norah: And my royal decree is that I want a proper kiss! I know inside you there’s longing…

6.4.26.jpg

Norah: Thanks for seeing me home, Mr Watanabe.
Kakeru: I couldn’t leave you waiting at the wet bus stop.
Norah: Your car was warm and dry.
Seema: Is that Norah’s young teacher?
Marie: That girl’s an open page.
Seema: But she’s half his age!

6.4.27.jpg

Norah (snoring)
Kakeru: Temptation, frustration – I couldn’t resist any more.

6.4.29.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 6; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

6.4.Nova.jpg

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions

Current Household: It’s A Good House, Brindleton Bay
Generation 4
Mistoffolees Leonine
: Alien hybrid Spellcaster; Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As; Aspirations: Spellcraft & Sorcery, Purveyor of Potions; Collections – Aliens, Message Bottles
Albert Leonine: Father Winter’s Baby; Teen; Good, Dance Machine; 2 As

Generation 5
Marie Leonine
: Spellcaster; Young Adult; Cat Lover, Jealous, Cheerful; 2 As; Aspiration – Admired Icon, Musical Genius
Norah Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult; Loves-Outdoors, Erratic, Overachiever; 2 A (Hons); Aspirations – Drama Llama, Serial Romantic
Mac Leonine: Teen; Bookworm, Neat; 2 As; Space Prints

L-to-R: Albert, Marie, Mac holding Nova, Mistoffelees, Norah
6.4.family.jpg

Notes

Farewell to Choo-Choo, the Cockney Princess. She bowed out before but came back when the family needed her. She worked so hard to clothe her family in knitwear and completed 4 aspirations and 4 collections. She will be missed.

The family moved to Brindleton Bay and Marie started work as a chef in this episode. Also, everyone got a new everyday outfit and hairdo. I couldn't squeeze it into the narrative. The outfits with Choo-Choo's knitwear are still an option so they may pop up.

Mac can’t bind Nova as a familiar because familiars can “protect from death” which contravenes the ban on life-extensions in this challenge. He’s decided to concentrate on other interests and I’ll explore the Realm of Magic properly in future challenges.

Many lines from this episode are from “Don’t Stand So Close To Me” by The Police.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.4: What She Wants To Be
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2023, 07:56:17 AM »
Oh, good heavens!  Co-writing credits to Sting for this one, eh?  Must admit, I'd wondered if Norah was actually going to end up going after her teacher or if you were just playing that as a bit of humor.  He'd better treat our blue belle like the princess she is!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2023, 10:16:09 AM »
Oh, good heavens!  Co-writing credits to Sting for this one, eh?  Must admit, I'd wondered if Norah was actually going to end up going after her teacher or if you were just playing that as a bit of humor.  He'd better treat our blue belle like the princess she is!
I couldn't resist it, especially when I worked out Norah would age-up at Prom.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2023, 05:27:49 PM »

Been reading this the last couple days. Before I took a break from Sims stuff, you had only posted your founder and the rules link, so this whole story is new to me. I love that you write from Nova's perspective, and that she rightfully believes the world to revolve around her, because of course it does! It's very endearing. So, is getting the number of followers and waiting out the nine lives all you have left to do? Seema was ... both a fun and annoying character; definitely interesting! And now Norah's shaping up to be even more dramatic! So scandalous!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2023, 01:45:36 AM »

Been reading this the last couple days. Before I took a break from Sims stuff, you had only posted your founder and the rules link, so this whole story is new to me. I love that you write from Nova's perspective, and that she rightfully believes the world to revolve around her, because of course it does! It's very endearing. So, is getting the number of followers and waiting out the nine lives all you have left to do? Seema was ... both a fun and annoying character; definitely interesting! And now Norah's shaping up to be even more dramatic! So scandalous!
Lovely to hear from you again.
Yes Seema was fun to play. It's quite odd having her in the family group as a bit player.
Nova is on life 6 and the only requires left are 9k Simstagram followers and the museum portraits for lives 7, 8, 9.
I panicked when I resurrected Nova the first time and she came back as an elder. I didn't know I had to give her 2 age-down treats as well to get her back to a kitten. Thinking I only had 1-2 weeks left for each subsequent life, I rushed at a lot of the requirements, rather than spanning them out over the 5-6 weeks per life that I actually have.
I now have time for the fun of trying for all possible aspirations; living/holidaying in all possible worlds and completing lots of collections.   :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.5: Blowing Out Fire
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2023, 11:20:17 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.5: Blowing Out Fire

Nova: As the eldest member of this household, I am taking back the reigns of this story. There is a lot going on and only I have a clear perspective on it. First things first: Norah, our outdoor-loving, erratic overachiever finds confetti coming down from the ceiling while she’s using the throne. When she tells the Tache, he runs and regurgitates in the throne! My throne, that I love! He leaves soon after that.

6.5.1.jpg

Nova: Norah loves a party. Or should I say she loves many parties. The teenaged toms fool about with a green squirty device and make a lot of mess. Fortunately their tom-foolery is outside so there’s no cleaning needed.

6.5.3.jpg

Nova: There is a lot of cake on fire this week. Marie’s mate blows it out the first time and then Norah’s auburn-coated mate blows it out. The four young adults all agree to be pair-bonded to each other. I’m not sure where the Tache fits in. Marie is also celebrating being a Master Chef.

6.5.6.jpg6.5.8.jpg6.5.7a.jpg6.5.10.jpg

Nova: Toff, who is now a Master Maker, has a talk to Mac, our Spellcaster Tom. He’s worried about Mac’s spreading belly. He should be worried about Norah’s. Did you notice how big it’s getting. Maybe she’s eating Mac’s cheese too. Mac is thinking about starting a fitness club for elders. I’m not sure why.

6.5.11.jpg

Nova: Norah has a family gathering to prepare for the wedding. I go off prowling as soon as we get to the club but Norah has fun dancing with her mate, father and grandmother Seema.

6.5.12.jpg

Nova: I’m out of shot when the Man in Black comes to collect the bartender, thank goodness. I don’t like him.

6.5.13.jpg

Nova: Mac is pleased to see the Man in Black again and offers him a grilled cheese sandwich. As if a skeleton eats anything! Mac can now summon grilled cheese out of the air whenever he wants to. It sounds like a useful talent but so far it has always been spoiled and unfit for consumption, even by dogs.

6.5.14.jpg

Nova: Mac is a strange young man. He says that his teacher, the Tache, is giving him a free ride because he’s got something over him. I can’t see it in this photo. Maybe it’s the phone he’s playing on instead of taking notes. I don't know where he wants a ride to, either.

6.5.19.jpg

Nova: He also says that he told a man in a hat that he was a criminal mastermind. Is that funny? He seems to think so. I’m not sure about The Hat.

6.5.20.jpg

Nova: Norah goes off to hospital without me but with the Tache. He doesn’t stay there long.

6.5.24.jpg

Nova: Norah is worried that there wasn’t a doctor to help deliver her kittens but ghost orderly Na’lani helps Chloe and Chartreux out. We now have two new blue princesses. Norah’s new mate, Andy, constantly goes to them when they cry. He doesn’t change their nappies but he cuddles them until someone else does that.

6.5.27.jpg

Nova: I become an elder this week, even wiser than ever. Seema tries to identify with me but sadly, she passes away this week too. I shall miss having her around. I was the centre of her universe after her mate Spot died and devotion like that is hard to come by.

6.5.30.jpg

Nova: We have more cake on fire. This time Albert blows the fire out and gets a job as an actor. He also encourages Norah’s sister Cherish to blow the fire out too. She asks to be his BFF but Albert takes it to the next stage and they are now girl/boyfriends. Mac blows some more fire out and gets a night job. He hasn’t told me what it is. He now crowns himself Chief of Mischief so it might be something shady. He does not have a mate. He is over the crush he developed on Albert.

6.5.32.jpg6.5.33.jpg

Nova: The two new blue princesses age up so that they can imitate me. It’s Chloe with the bow-ey and Chartreux is the other one – that’s how I tell them apart. Watcher has given them a little makeover but we’ve kept the bow. Marie’s non-spoiling food is very useful for them to eat.

6.5.34.jpg6.5.35.jpg

Nova: I nearly forgot. We have more fire when Norah tries for a weenie roast. The Tache is invited and agrees not to be Norah’s mate any more. I don’t think he starts the fire on purpose.

6.5.39.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 6; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

Nova: I had a blinding headache in this photo. Thank goodness I have my own person vet clinic.
6.5.41.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: It’s A Good House, Brindleton Bay
Generation 4
Mistoffolees Leonine
: Alien hybrid Spellcaster; Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As; Aspirations: Spellcraft & Sorcery, Purveyor of Potions, Master Maker; Collections – Aliens, Message Bottles
Albert Leonine: Father Winter’s Baby; Teen; Good, Dance Machine; 1 A

Generation 5
Marie Leonine
: Spellcaster; Young Adult; Cat Lover, Jealous, Cheerful; 2 As; Aspiration – Admired Icon, Musical Genius, Master Chef
Norah Leonine: Hybrid Young Adult; Loves-Outdoors, Erratic, Overachiever; 2 A (Hons); Aspirations – Drama Llama, Serial Romantic
Mac Leonine: Teen; Bookworm, Neat; 1 A; Aspiration – Chief of Mischief; Space Prints

Generation 6
Chloe Leonine
: Hybrid Toddler
Chartreuse Leonine: Hybrid Toddler

L-to-R: Mac holding Chartreux, Marie, Albert holding Nova, Mistoffelees, Norah holding Chloe
Screenshot 2023-03-08 110027.jpg

Notes

I got a bit confused with all the birthday cake and had Marie’s mate Keegan blow out the candles twice so he is now an adult. He wasn’t very pleased about it but there was a lot of cake on fire. It was easy to muddle everyone up.

Chloe is named for the main character from The Secret Life of Pets – a grey/blue cat with green eyes. Chartreux is named for the blue breed of cats which have orange eyes. Both our new blue princesses have green eyes and rich brown hair. Full Disclosure: Kateru Watanabe (The Tache) is Childish, Good, Non-Committal. He was never going to part of the household with those traits, but he looks cute ;)

In case you missed it, because Nova’s not very bothered about aspirations, we have now ticked off Master Chef (Marie), Grilled Cheese (Mac) and Master Maker (Toff). We have also tipped Nova’s Simstagram followers over the 9k mark, completing all the requirements other than the portraits for her remaining lives.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.5: Blowing Out Fire (8-Mar-23)
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2023, 04:26:07 PM »

Glad to see that the rightful narrator of this story is once again resuming her duties. It's a little sad to see Seema go, after being such a big character in this story. But a big welcome to see two new blueboos to the family - you know I love those colorful simmies! 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2023, 08:25:17 AM »
No, not Seema!!  Is it wrong that I kind of thought of her as the star of the show for a while there?  Don't tell Nova!
Yay, blueboos!!!  Can't wait to get to know those little sweethearts better  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2023, 09:59:47 AM »
I'm not sure when you achieved it, but a BIG congrats on Nova's 9.1k Simstagram followers!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »
Glad to see that the rightful narrator of this story is once again resuming her duties. It's a little sad to see Seema go, after being such a big character in this story. But a big welcome to see two new blueboos to the family - you know I love those colorful simmies!
I think you will be very happy with gen 6 overall ;)
No, not Seema!!  Is it wrong that I kind of thought of her as the star of the show for a while there?  Don't tell Nova!
Yay, blueboos!!!  Can't wait to get to know those little sweethearts better  :=)
Ah - Seema! She seemed to live far longer than others of her generation. She certainly thought the challenge was all about her, lol!
I'm not sure when you achieved it, but a BIG congrats on Nova's 9.1k Simstagram followers!
Thanks :) It was a hard slog but basically all the household Simstagrammed Nova as the first of any set of interactions. I never did work out why the follower increase was sometimes over 100 and sometimes only 12-15. Someone with more dedication to experimentation will have to work that out.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.6: How Many?
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2023, 04:33:46 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.6: How Many?

Nova: It’s Autumn and we move to a desert island. Our actual house is tiny but it’s warm and there’s lots of sunny sand for my old bones to snooze on. When it rains, it rains hard but I like staying near the house anyway. Chartreux likes it near the house too, that’s why she’s still in her jammies. The rest of the household are often in their swimwear or sportswear.

6.6.1.jpg

Nova: Both of my new blue princesses like playing in the water. You’d like it would increase their mobility but it’s their imagination that runs wild. I do not go in the water.

6.6.3.jpg

Nova: Chloe likes the chair that Norah got from the flea market. She bought it for Mac as he favours black and red but I think all my blue princesses like the blue jewel on it.

6.6.4.jpg

Nova: I like lazing on the sand but my new blue princesses like to move it around. I think this is a pretty good castle. We don’t worry about day time or night time in this house. If they’re not tired, Chloe and Chartreux learn through play. If they are tired, they get a bedtime story and sleep. Some say they should have a regular routine. I say that’s for normal families. We are special!

6.6.6.jpg

Nova: Marie is special. She’s got to the top of her career. Toff is really pleased about that. He’s living vicariously through his kits and grandkits. He didn’t start doing that until recently so he just needs to mentor Marie and Mac, his own kits – in case you’d got confused, and then he feels he’s achieved a Successful Lineage. It’s his fourth aspiration so he should feel proud. He moves out this very night. He’s gone to live with his siblings Duchess and Jolen. Duchess was born in my household but Jolen came along later. Spot and Seema would be glad to see 3 of her children living together on the HoB farm she built.
Household count: 6 + me

6.6.6a.jpg

Nova: Who’s this? Oh yes! It’s Albert. You didn’t recognise him either, I bet. This is his first acting gig – an old man repairing an old fridge. Not very glamorous. He didn’t get to know the director or his co-star before so he only put in a mediocre performance. He has high hopes though.

6.6.7.jpg

Nova: Mac? Well, Mac’s shady job is leading him into fights. He keeps picking them with elders.

6.6.8.jpg

Nova: He’s promising to turn over a new leaf and get them all fit.

6.6.9.jpg

Nova: But they all hate him. Not only that, one of his club is Pania. Who knew she was a vampire. She takes over his club and, when he tries to take it back, she throws him out of it. How will he get all those old people fit now?

6.6.10.jpg

Nova: My new blue princesses age into Good Chloe, still with a bow-ey, and Cat-Loving Chartreux. I don’t have favourites, but Chartreux clearly loves me the most.

6.6.12.jpg6.6.13.jpg

Nova: Albert invites Norah’s sister Cherish to their birthday party. She has been eating grilled cheese as you can see from the photo.

6.6.11.jpg

Nova: Mac lies low after his club debacle and spends some time on Sixam. There he meets purple Madilyn and pale blue Juniper and he brings them home to meet the family. Juniper prefers the company of bright blue Norah but Madilyn is smitten by our Mac.

6.6.17.jpg6.6.15.jpg

Nova: Marie and Keegan spend quite a lot of alone times, 4 to be precise, before Marie finds confetti falling from the ceiling. The family are all very pleased by her big news but the Man in Black comes along to spoil things. I hope he’s taking me to another warm place
Household count: 6 + one on the way + me leaving

6.6.20.jpg

Nova: As I drift away into the ether, I hear Mac come back from work and I see a bright light that I can’t walk towards. I think Mac is walking towards it – or is it Toff? I….I….can’t….tell….
Household count: 6 + one on the way

6.6.21.jpg

Marie: Life’s too short for a long engagement, Keegan. Let’s get married right now and move to one of the outer sea properties.
Keegan: You, me and the little one that you’re cooking!
Household count: 5

6.6.22.jpg

Mac: Life’s too short for a long engagement, Madilyn. Let’s get married right away and you can move in. Then I can see what your human disguise is like. I know you’re a Vegetarian, Child of the Ocean and a Maker. You’ll fit right in.
Household count: 6

6.6.24.jpg

Mac: Aw – you’re so pretty as an alien and as a human.
Madilyn: Thank you Mac. By the way, I’ve got some big news…
Mac: Ow! My stomach really feels weird!
Madilyn: We’re expecting a baby, Mac.
Mac: Wow! That’s wonderful…just a minute…how many will that be?
Household count: 6 + 2 on the way

6.6.25.jpg

Kateru: Thanks for inviting me to your Mum’s houseparty
Chloe: It’s good to see you, Dad.
Kateru: But why are you wearing those long dresses?
Chartreux: We’re in mourning for Nova. She passed late Wednesday night and she’s still not returned.
Chloe: Mac’s new wife Madilyn moved out. She’s gone to a little shack near the volcano. She says she likes the ocean and the tremors.
Cherish: Hey girls. Good to see you. So sorry about Nova.
Chartreux: Hi Aunt Cherish. Have you had your baby?
Cherish: Make that 2 babies. I’ve left them with Dad (Spook), although he’s getting on now.
Chloe: Yes, like Granddad Toff. They’re both elders now.
Cherish: I’d better get back…
Household count: 5 + 1 on the way

6.6.27.jpg

Cherish: Hi Albert, thank you for coming.
Albert: I’d have come sooner but work is crazy.
Cherish: That’s OK. But I need your help. Dad’s so Erratic these days and my brothers are no help.
Albert: Anything. Just ask, should I move in with you?
Cherish: No, Albert. I think that would just complicate things. I need help with the girls.
Albert: I’d ask you to move in with me but, there’s only room for 2 at the moment and really only one because we need room for Nova when she comes back.
Cherish: I couldn’t leave Dad anyway. Oh, I can hardly bear it, but will you take just one of my babies?
Albert: But how to choose?
Watcher: Roxanne. ROXANNE!!!!
Household count: 6 + 1 on the way

6.6.30.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Deceased; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Key Point, Sulani
Generation 4
Albert Leonine
: Father Winter’s Baby; Young Adult; Good, Dance Machine, Outgoing; 2 As

Generation 5
Norah Leonine
: Hybrid Young Adult; Loves-Outdoors, Erratic, Overachiever; 2 A (Hons); Aspirations – Drama Llama, Serial Romantic
Mac Leonine: Young Adult; Bookworm, Neat, Cheerful; 1 A; Aspiration – Chief of Mischief; Space Prints

Generation 6
Chloe Leonine
: Hybrid Child; Good; 1 A
Chartreux Leonine: Hybrid Child; Cat-Lover; 1 A
Roxanne Leonine: Hybrid Toddler: Independent

L-to-R: Chartreux, Norah, Albert holding Roxanne, Mac, Chloe
Screenshot 2023-03-09 195955.jpg

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.6: How Many? (10-Mar-23)
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2023, 08:01:53 AM »
Chartreux likes to stay at home in her jammies all day?  She's my favorite!!  She makes sense to me!!  Of course, then she stopped being a toddler and seems to change out of jammies and go more places.  Poor kiddo.
I loved the running bit with the household count!  What a fun and clever running theme for the many comings and goings of this update!
You let us know that Madilyn is so pretty as an alien and in her regular Sim disguise, but you only showed us the back of her head in her disguise!  If she's secretly hideous and you're trying to hide it, that's understandable, but if she's actually pretty, maybe we could see her face sometime?  :=)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.6: How Many? (10-Mar-23)
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2023, 02:39:10 PM »

Aw, what a cute update! I love the running tally as household members keep coming and going. And now there's even an additional colorful sims: how lovely! I've never taken any of my toddlers to the beach, but seeing how adorable it is, I may have to give it a try sometime.