Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38163 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.2: Things to Chase
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2023, 12:21:48 PM »
Somehow Semolina's response of "Moo!" just struck me as ridiculously funny this morning!  That might be an indication that I'm just over tired, but I'm chalking it up as top notch bovine humor  ;=)
It's nice how you're able to use the freedom from having knocked out so many requirements so quickly to explore other features of the game.  I was going to say that I hope it becomes fun and not a grind, but then again, anything that does stop being fun, you don't have to do!  What glorious freedom!
How nice that Jennie gets her wish for a vet's office thanks to the Cockney princess!  I'm looking forward to seeing how things go there  :=)
Semolina really wanted to say "Moooove out of my shed!" but she settled for just "Moo" and a lot of cud chewing.

Yes - I am enjoying the freedom. I just need to make sure I don't relax too much and miss something, like getting a painting of each life stage! Chasing those Simstagram followers will get very intense in Nova's eighth life too!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2023, 01:32:42 PM »
I enjoyed the first few series of Spooks. A family member was software spook (ie one of the geeks) for a very short contract which we didn't know about until ages after of course. I haven't seen MM as Darby but i liked hm as Mr Darcy to Kiera Knightly's Elizabeth.
Yes, Mr. Darcy! I obviously have never read Pride and Prejudice or any of the other Jane Austen books, but only watched the film because of Matthew. Haha.
Only after thta, did I watch the previous film adaptation with Colin Firth.  Many friends debated, at the time, that Colin was the superior Mr. Darcy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2023, 02:31:20 PM »
A vampire won't turn your sims unless you ask them to.  Although, if your sims make babies with them, those babies could turn out to be vampires.
Spellcasters do age normally, but they also have Potion of Rejuvenation.  Turns back the clock to the beginning of the current life stage.  They can also give these away, they work for anyone.
Werewolves can achieve immortality through their perks system.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2023, 12:36:29 PM »
A vampire won't turn your sims unless you ask them to.  Although, if your sims make babies with them, those babies could turn out to be vampires.
Spellcasters do age normally, but they also have Potion of Rejuvenation.  Turns back the clock to the beginning of the current life stage.  They can also give these away, they work for anyone.
Werewolves can achieve immortality through their perks system.
Thanks for that, @Brian_Z  - I'm not allowed any life-extending other than the cat so I need to be careful.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.3: Matrimoooonies
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.3: Matrimoooonies

Nova: It’s a big day for Jennie and we all troop off to Tartosa. Her mother, the Cockney Princess, takes her up to the dressing room and they transform themselves somehow.

5.3.2.jpg

Nova: Seema was the Flower Pal and had to be asked to hurry it up so that the wedding couple could walk down the aisle. She then nearly stopped the ceremony in the middle of the vows to tell Spot’s half-brother Andy to stop showing photos to Orion’s lad Vasyl.

5.3.4.jpg

Nova: I was busy with a love story of my own. I don’t know what it is about these thrones but they are my weakness.

5.3.5.jpg

Nova: Jennie still loves me the best, of course, but Toff doesn’t seem to mind.

5.3.7.jpg

Nova: They hung back when all the guests left. I kept an eye on them.
Jennie: It’s so beautiful here.
Mistoffeles: You might even say it’s magical.
Jennie: Ah – that reminds me – I have a special surprise for you.

5.3.11.jpg

Mistoffelees: I don’t know…
Jennie: You’ve been talking about it for ages. I thought you’d love the idea.
Mistoffelees: But our Watcher doesn’t know anything about this.
Jennie: We’ll muddle through. What’s the worst that can happen?
Mistoffelees: Um…

5.3.12.jpg

Mistoffelees: So I collected all these…
Sage: Right. I’ll teach you a spell and then you need to practise.
Mistoffelees: So I’m a Spellcaster now?
Sage: Yep!

5.3.13.jpg

Spot: I’m not sure…won’t the kids mind?
Seema: Watcher forgot my birthday. She owes me.

5.3.21.jpg

Nova: And that’s how we’re expecting another nooboo. Not a new generation, as you’d expect. Seema’s done it again. The rest of the family throws themselves into other projects…Jennie ups her Veterinary skills and is treating patients all by herself.

5.3.23.jpg

Nova: Spot found his 6th geode, polishing off that collection. The Cockney Princess finally worked out which elements she was missing and sent off the right crystals and metals. Oh, and Seema grew a perfect out-sized watermelon.

5.3.24.jpg

Jennie: It’s always going to be about her, Toff!
Mistoffeles: She’s just an Over-achiever. She can’t help it.
Jennie: But the animals, the garden and now another sibling for you. What about us? What about us having children?
Mistoffeles: I’m not sure how Mum would take that.
Jennie: I thought she wanted 4 grandchildren.
Mistoffeles: Spook’s helping her out with that…

5.3.25.jpg

Nova: The Cockney Princess had been worried about The Cold Beard cheating on her even though she's not seen him since Jennie's conception, so she invited him round to talk about that and then ask to just be good friends. However, when he got here, she kissed him passionately so Watcher thought she could marry him and have a life of her own. She’s gone back to Sulani but near the beach bar this time.

5.3.27.jpg

Nova: After that excitement, Seema wanted to meet Spook’s twins, her grandchildren so we went over to Isla’s place. Did I mention she’s a Spencer-Kim-Lewis? Well, the babies are cute but Isla’s adoptive parents are both Erratic, just like Spook. He got carried away, proposed, married and moved in. Things sure are changing around here!

5.3.28.jpg

Nova: Seema is determined to win a ribbon at Saturday’s Cow Fair. She smothers Semolina with love and nearly cleans her hide off. She even dances for her.
Semolina: I like to mooooove it, mooooove it. I like to mooooove it, mooooove it. I like to mooooove it, mooooove it. Mooooove it!

5.3.29.jpg

Nova: Finally the day of the fair arrives and Semolina is entered. Seema doesn’t seem to realise that brushing that knitted coat is not a good idea but Semolina likes the attention.
Semolina: You moooove me!

5.3.35.jpg

Jennie: This is nice. You, me, dancing…
Mistoffelees: The coat you knitted for Semolina looks great. I bet she’ll win.
Jennie: But your Mum will never admit that my coat helped.
Mistoffelees: Ah, Mum. But, what can we do? Now that baby Duchess has arrived, there’s even more work to do.
Jennie: I’ve got a plan…

5.3.37.jpg

Seema: I knew I’d win with Semolina. All that hard work and my skills! I’m the greatest Country Caretaker that ever was!
Watcher: You still need one more gift from a bird or rabbit.
Seema: That’s in the bag! Ah life is good!

5.3.39.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 5; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

5.3.Nova.jpg

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions

Current Household: Henford-in-Bagley
Generation 3
Spot Leonine
: Alien Adult; Bookworm, Loves Outdoors, Cat-Lover; 2 As; Soulmate; Collections - Geodes
Seema Raghavan: Adult; Self-Absorbed, Animal Enthusiast, Over-Achiever; Strangerville Mystery, Super Parent

Generation 4
Jennie Leonine
: Father Winter’s Baby; Young Adult; Cat-Lover, Good, Cheerful; 2 As
Mistoffolees Leonine: Alien hybrid; Young Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As
Duchess Leonine: Alien hybrid ; nooboo

L-to-R: Spot holding Duchess, Seema, Jennie holding Nova, Mistoffelees
5.3.family.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.3: Matrimoooonies
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2023, 04:50:30 PM »
Seema is exhausting!
LOL, I don't know about you, but I'm ready to move on to Jennie and Toff. ;-)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2023, 05:10:02 PM »
Seema is exhausting!
Absolutely!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »
Seema is exhausting!
Absolutely!

I honestly didn't mean to be rude, Judi.  When I went back to edit my post, you'd already responded. Haha
Looking forward to the adventures of Toff and Jennie.
I love the RoM pack (you might have noticed that most of my sims end up spellcasters) and hope you enjoy exploring all it has to offer!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2023, 01:41:40 AM »
Seema is exhausting!
Absolutely!

I honestly didn't mean to be rude, Judi.  When I went back to edit my post, you'd already responded. Haha
Looking forward to the adventures of Toff and Jennie.
I love the RoM pack (you might have noticed that most of my sims end up spellcasters) and hope you enjoy exploring all it has to offer!
I totally agree about Seema. When Spot met her as a teen she had the Self-Absorbed trait and I thought it would be fun to play that. The Animal Enthusiast trait was her main draw for me.
When she aged up with Overacheiver I felt I had to do that trait justice too. She doesn't mind not having a job as long as she keeps skilling up and getting those Aspiration milestones, hence the constant changing and extra nooboo. That is exhausting and the other characters get squeezed out including Nova. Toff's dream of developing as a Spellcaster has been well & truly on hold.
The Self-Absorbed trait is one I will avoid in future. Spot genuinely has to apologise to her constantly without any obvious failings so I can only assume it's lack of attention.
Jennie has a plan and will fulfill your hope  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2023, 07:14:51 AM »
Oh my gosh!  That shot of Nova at the end in mouth-open, sleepy looking pounce mode!  Great camera work, Watcher!
Seema is ridiculous, but I just really enjoy her.  That shot of her with her perfect out-sized watermelon was also fantastic.  She just looks so casually sure of herself, which is kind of exactly who she is  :=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2023, 03:14:05 AM »
Oh my gosh!  That shot of Nova at the end in mouth-open, sleepy looking pounce mode!  Great camera work, Watcher!
Seema is ridiculous, but I just really enjoy her.  That shot of her with her perfect out-sized watermelon was also fantastic.  She just looks so casually sure of herself, which is kind of exactly who she is  :=)
I can't take much credit for the shot of Nova. I queue up taking Simstagram photos to get her follower numbers up and then it's a bit random how quickly they do it. I try to get action/cute shots as I think that's more effective but it's just as often blocked by furniture or plants.
I'm glad you're enjoying Seema. It feels like she's bullying/ manipulating me which is ridiculous as I'm in control....or am I? Oh dear!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.4: Curled Up By The Fire
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2023, 01:46:31 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.4: Curled Up By The Fire

Nova: As Seema said, a gift from the birds is in the bag as soon as we get home from the Finchwick Fair.

5.4.1.jpg

Jennie: What do you think of our honeymoon home?
Mistoffelees: Just along from our wedding venue? It’s perfect. Definitely worth the wait.
Jennie: Your Mum said she couldn’t manage without us – so I booked it while she was at the fair, waiting for Semolina to win.
Mistoffelees: Good plan. We can face the music when we get home.
Jennie: Just you, me and Nova. For as long as we want.
Mistoffelees: Perfect.

5.4.3.jpg

Mistoffelees: A hot tub, too! This just keeps getting better.
Jennie: It will be strange to sleep in a real bed too.
Mistoffelees: We don’t have to sleep in it…
Nova: They’re having fun but I hope they’ve remembered my food.

5.4.4.jpg

Jennie: I can’t cook you gourmet food yet, Nova, but this fishcake should be nice.
Nova: Just turn that cooker off. It’s freaking me out. That and the fridge! They’re demonic!

5.4.5.jpg

Jennie: Sorry Nova. All holiday properties seem to have open plan living so I can’t keep you out of the kitchen.
Nova: Meow.
Jennie: Maybe brushing you will calm you down.

5.4.6.jpg

Nova: Jennie & Toff do everything together while they’re here. They look for bottles on the beach but don’t find anything. They go to bed together. They also save water by showering together. Best of all, they light the fire for me and read together.

5.4.8.jpg

Nova: One day paper falls from the bathroom ceiling while Jennie is on the throne.
Jennie: Are you pleased, Toff.
Mistoffelees: Oh yes! It’s wonderful. How do you feel?
Jennie: Like I want to go home. Is that weird?
Mistoffelees: Whatever you want, Jennie-wren. I’ll start packing.

5.4.10.jpg

Nova: When we get back to Henford-on-Bagley, Duchess hasn’t aged up. She’s been a nooboo for ages.
Seema: Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing. But I will age her up now. There you go, Duchess. Lovely black hair but I’ll change your clothes, of course.
Duchess: Babble.

5.4.11.jpg

Seema: What do you mean, you’re pregnant?
Jennie: Exactly what you think I mean, Seema!
Seema: But you know nothing about being a parent and you’re too busy.
Jennie: I clearly know how to become a parent, as does Toff. And I’m only busy with all your chores.
Seema: But I want Toff to top a career so I can get another aspiration.
Jennie: Toff wants to master spellcraft, as you well know!
Seema: That’s just a boy’s hobby. Ah well, I suppose I’ll have to take care of it when it comes. You are clearly too irresponsible.

5.4.12.jpg

Nova: Seema decided to go talk to Spook about maxing his career so she travels over to the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house. There she meets all 4 of her grandchildren. Introducing herself to the toddlers, she is instantly good friends with them.
Seema: What are you doing outside in the snow all by yourselves?
Donald: Daddy was here
Jalen: Gramps was here
Donald: Nana was here
Jalen: All talk talk talk to selves
Donald: Then all run off
Jalen: Mama inside feeding babies.

5.4.2.jpg

Nova: Back at home, Seema gets a phone call
Seema….Hello? Alysha? Alysha Watson? Well, yes, I would like to have a proper farm set-up. I thought you’d sold the animals now you’re an elder….You saw Semolina at the fair and you want us to move in with you? That sounds like a fantastic plan. I could sort you out and get the farm running properly. After all, I am a fully qualified Country Caretaker. I’ll tell the family. Oh yes, they’ll all want to come with me.
Jennie: Oh no. We are not coming with you.
Seema: Well you can’t stay here.
Choo-Choo: She can if she likes. All the dough? It’s family dough, not just yours.
Seema: But Toff will want to come with me, you’ll have to raise that baby by yourself.
Jennie: You know nothing, Seema. I’m walking away before I say something I regret.
Choo-Choo: We're both walking away.

5.4.14.jpg

Nova: Seema, Spot and the Duchess all move in with Alysha Watson, taking Semolina and all the chickens with her. Jennie and Toff did not stay where they were.
Jennie: Oh Nova! Do you really have to leap on my lap while I’m knitting?
Nova: Meow!
Jennie: I know it’s a tiny house but Tartosa weather is better than Henford-on-Bagley. We can live outside under these glass covers and this baby will have a great start.
Nova: Meow
Jennie: It’s so peaceful here. We’ll have to invite the family over of course. Best not to become estranged.
Nova: Meow

5.4.15.jpg

Seema: What did you do, Jennie?
Jennie: Well, I put out the fire with the freeze-ray.
Mistoffelees: It was me, Mum. I was trying to fix the radio with a spell but something must have gone wrong and it caught fire.
Seema: Oh Toff! I told you to leave spells alone. They’re dangerous.
Jennie: He’s just learning, he’ll get the hang of it.

5.4.16.jpg

Nova: Then one day, Jennie knows it’s time to go to the hospital.
Jennie: Ow. That was a hard contraction!
Mistoffelees: Oh no! Oh no!
Jennie: What’s the matter?
Mistoffelees: It’s dark and I’m afraid of ghosts and I’m worried about you!
Jennie: Pull it together, Toff. I need you to be strong.

5.4.16c.jpg

Mistoffelees: Look, I’m really sorry, ghost receptionist, but the only way to cure my fear of ghosts is to fight one. I need to sort myself out so I can be a good father.
Ghost Receptionist: Really? I’m working here!
Mistoffelees: Sorry. It’s just something I’ve got to do.
Ghost Receptionist: While your wife is in labour?
Mistoffelees: Well I was wondering about playing video games…
Ghost Receptionist: You fathers are all the same! Panic Panic Panic and then go off and do your own thing. OK, let’s do it.

5.4.16d.jpg

Jennie: Welcome to the world, baby Marie. I hope you like the purple onesie I knitted for you. I may not be a Super Parent but I’ll do my best for you.
Marie: Gurgle

5.4.16f.jpg

Nova: And in 3 days time…
Jennie: Oh, Marie, just look at your lovely hair and wonderful clothes. You like yellow?
Marie: Babble
Jennie: If you like yellow, sweetie, that’s what you can wear.

5.4.17aa.jpg

Mistofelees: I know it’s busy at the house, Nova. That’s why I’ve brought you down here for a pamper.
Nova: Meow.

5.4.17d.jpg

Nova: Well, the pampering doesn’t last long. A bright light appears and Toff disappears. I go prowling.

5.4.17e.jpg

Nova: Toff continues to do his magic which has knocked him out twice so far. Maybe Seema is right and magic is dangerous. Don’t tell her I said that.

5.4.17i.jpg

Nova: Marie tries to imitate me, just like all toddlers do. She gets quite cross that she can’t do it and then suddenly gets it right and is pleased with herself. Toff praises me for being so patient.

5.4.19.jpg

Toff: Ugh, that garden salad I made for Marie was horrible. It’s given me a stomach ache.
Seema: It really has! I can see it glowing green. I’ve never known salad do that before…

5.4.20.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 5; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

5.4.nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Via Romanza, Tartosa
Generation 4
Jennie Leonine
: Father Winter’s Baby; Young Adult; Cat-Lover, Good, Cheerful; 2 As
Mistoffolees Leonine: Alien hybrid Spellcaster; Young Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As
Generation 5
Marie Leonine
: Spellcaster ; Toddler

L-to-R: Nova, Jennie holding Marie, Mistoffelees
5.4.family.jpg

Notes

I thought you’d like to see Spook’s family. Isla has become an elder so no more children with her. Donald and Jalen are the older twin boys. The younger twin girls are Cherish and Norah. Norah, as you can see, is a stunning shade of blue whilst they all have black hair like their mother’s original shade.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 163147.jpg

Baby Marie, the first of the 5th generation to be born in house, is named for the female kitten in The Aristocats. I forgot to mention in the last episode that Duchess was named for the mother cat in the same film. Having seen all Spooks children have green or blue skin, I was surprised that Marie has human tones.

Mistoffelees was always going to be a Spellcaster as his namesake’s full title is “Mr. Mistoffelees! The Original Conjuring Cat”. This episode’s title is taken from that poem.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.4: Curled Up By The Fire
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2023, 04:42:20 PM »
Congrats to Toff and Jennie for striking out on their own with Nova! 
And in the warm, beautiful Tartosa, no less!
Marie is such a cutie pie.  Oh my, another alienboo on the way!

For Spook and Isla, the children all inherited Spooks' green complexion except for Cherish.
I forget--did Isla have that lovely turquoise skin?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2023, 04:55:58 PM »
Congrats to Toff and Jennie for striking out on their own with Nova! 
And in the warm, beautiful Tartosa, no less!
Marie is such a cutie pie.  Oh my, another alienboo on the way!

For Spook and Isla, the children all inherited Spooks' green complexion except for Cherish.
I forget--did Isla have that lovely turquoise skin?
Yes, another alienboo. Not part of my plan but they've been working on the space prints collection so the constant telescope usage attracted attention.
Isla is human (the elder in the photo). I wasn't expecting the blue-skinned Norah and am now wondering about drawing her into the active household...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2023, 11:39:06 AM »
I recall an alluring female alien who asked, "Do you like what you see?"  Was that Norah's mother?
Yes, yes! Add Norah to the active household.
I mean, there's no penalty like if you were doing a Big Dreams Dynasty.  *winks

Also, question: Does the Father Winter's Child trait give bonus satisfaction for completing both wants and fears?
Are you finding that it makes a significant difference in satisfaction gain?, asks Mick Jagger.