Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38094 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.1: Fourth Life in Clover
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2023, 09:52:51 PM »
How cold-hearted of Simba to abandon his sons on Sixam!  Good thing Choo-Choo went along to rescue them.

I had to read the part below a few times before I realized that the "she" in "she lets him know" refers to the Principal and not the French Princess, lol.
Nova: Saturday evening and the Toms meet the French Princess at the school Prom. The Cockney Princess is too old now of course. As Orion collects his crown from the Principal, she lets him know that she has just given birth to Simba’s child. Orion does not know what to say.

As you know, I love the Highflier trait for any sim who needs to max a career.
A Highflier earns promotions more quickly and higher wages.

Are the Alien twins identical? I rather fancy the blonde one, Spot, plus I'm a fan of pointy ears!
Genetics of an alien parent's human disguise get passed down to their hybrid child as well as, usually, the alien skin tone.
So, yeah, my vote is for Sunspot!
Actually, does your challenge require that only a single sim bring in the next generation?
Can't your household include Choo-Choo's child(ren) with Father Winter as well as a child or two of Spot's or another sibling's child?
Just curious.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2023, 02:30:51 AM »
You're right. That Principal paragraph was confusing. I've edited it to make it a bit clearer.

You are also correct that there isn't a strict one-bloodline rule. A child of Choo-Choo would be 2nd cousin to one fathered by either Spot or Orion - distant enough for romance...
The boys are almost identical except for Spot's pointy ears and Orion's lighter eye-colour.

The Highflier need to go to a fortnightly careers day nearly had me giving up. Choo-Choo hadn't completed 5 homework in time to catch her first. If I want to do it again, timing their age-up to teens will be a high consideration. I'd really like to acheive all teen aspirations at some point.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »
You're right. That Principal paragraph was confusing. I've edited it to make it a bit clearer.

You are also correct that there isn't a strict one-bloodline rule. A child of Choo-Choo would be 2nd cousin to one fathered by either Spot or Orion - distant enough for romance...
The boys are almost identical except for Spot's pointy ears and Orion's lighter eye-colour.

The Highflier need to go to a fortnightly careers day nearly had me giving up. Choo-Choo hadn't completed 5 homework in time to catch her first. If I want to do it again, timing their age-up to teens will be a high consideration. I'd really like to acheive all teen aspirations at some point.
It's not possible to "time" aging up to teens to facilitate Career Day, because Career Day doesn't appear on the Calendar unless there's a high school student in the active household.
I've done 3 of the 4 teen aspirations (Buddy is an Admired Icon). I won't do Live Fast because the "Sneak out to a party" task is bugged (no party invites for sneaking out).
Regarding bonus traits, I much prefer the Sulani Mana trait to the Father Winter's Child trait. No doubt because my sims always enjoy gardening.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.2: Like Father, Like Alien
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.2: Like Father, Like Alien

Nova: The start of year 5 and I find myself kidnapped by the Green Toms and taken to their mother’s home world of Sixam. They have brought a food bowl, a litter tray and a bed for me. There’s also a tent, bbq and shower tarp for them. No throne though.

4.2.1.jpg

Alien 1: Why are you wearing human clothes?
Orion: We like expressing our personality through these outfits.
Alien 2: I see you’ve brought a furry snack in case you get hungry.
Spot: Nova is part of our family. She is not food.
Alien 1: You are not like us.
Alien 2: You are not of us.
Orion: We are ourselves
Spot: We are family.

4.2.2.jpg

Nova: I want to leave now but 2 females from High School show up, looking for Spot. Lanuola is a Vegetarian Green Fiend and Brylee is Neat and Gloomy.

4.2.4.jpg

Spot wasn’t expecting to commit to Lanuola but he said yes in surprise. He actually has a crush on Brylee.

4.2.5.jpg

Nova: Orion is not interested in romance but it is prank day so he pretends he is going to probe them. The girls are scared and not amused at all.

4.2.6.jpg

Nova: We have spent just over 24 hours on Sixam and I am very keen to get home. There is nowhere to Prowl and the natives are odd. The Green Toms are keen to get home too. They are missing the throne room and dash down there as soon as we get back. I do not. It is time for me to mature.

4.2.7.jpg

Nova: Orion likes to confront Litter Bugs and has made a dolphin friend.

4.2.10.jpg

Nova: Since they graduated early, both Spot and Orion clean up any rubbish they find. My whole entourage regularly beachcomb for rubbish. In fact Mua Pel’am is getting more beautiful every day.

4.2.11a.jpg

Nova: It’s not all hard work. Sometimes the family goes fishing. They are pleased to catch the invasive species but release the endangered ones. The Cockney Princess is studying Psychology. It’s not a bad place to study.

4.2.13.jpg

Orion: Why are we here?
Spot: Nova needs some mating time and it’s Alien’s night so…
Orion: I think we’re the only Aliens here.
Spot: Just as well. They don’t seem to like us.
Orion: The human females seem to like you
Spot: Yes. I have learnt a lot from father Simba.

4.2.15.jpg

Nova: It was good of the Green Toms to take me to Bridlington so I agree to help them with the conservation work. I like chasing the invasive gulls away as long as it’s not raining.

4.2.17.jpg

Nova: My Companion Fasa has died. His mate Felicia is very sad so we have lots of hugs when she’s here.

4.2.20.jpg

Seema: What are you doing?
Spot: I am trying to seduce you.

4.2.21.jpg

Seema: Look, this is what you should do.
Spot: Not the hip thrusting?
Seema: Definitely not.

4.2.22.jpg

Spot: How’s this?
Seema: Oh I like that. Mmm very smooth. You're my first Alien.
Spot: You are a Self-Absorbed Animal Enthusiast. I must write these things down.
Seema: You’re cute!

4.2.23.jpg

Orion: I’m cute. Look at my nose! Not Took-worthy, maybe, but definitely notable. Ah well, I do not understand the females so life is simpler without them. I will apply to study alongside Choo-Choo.

4.2.25.jpg

Spot: Hana, I am trying to find a soulmate. Let us have a first kiss and 2 dates.
Hana: OK
Fancy-Fancy: Oo la la! Toujours l’amour!

4.2.27.jpg

Spot: Are we going to the pre-prom gathering?
Orion: It is at our brother Cameron Vatore’s house.
Spot: Take a picture of me with him.
Orion: He looks a lot like father Simba

4.2.30.jpg

Orion: Uh oh, Spot, you’ve got trouble here at the prom
Spot: Why? We have friends here.
Orion: And you have 3 girlfriends here plus you’re crushing on Brylee.
Spot: Our sister Chaya Bjergsen is also here. I will take a picture of you with her.
Orion: She doesn’t look like father Simba at all.

4.2.32.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 4; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

4.2.nova.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remaining
•   4/9 paintings (1st Life – elder, 2nd life – adult, 3rd life – kitten, 4th life - kitten)
Cat Companions

Current Household: Admiral’s Wreckage
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: Young Adult; Good, Socially Awkward, Family Oriented; 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life
Bonus Collection: Space Rocks, Crystals
Orion Leonine: Alien Teen; Music Lover, Active; 2 As
Spot Leonine: Alien Teen; Bookworm, Loves Outdoors; 2 As

L-to-R: Spot, Choo-Choo holding Nova, Orion
Screenshot 2023-02-03 175625.jpg

Notes

I haven’t worked out if there is a camping WC (Novas “throne”). It was the biggest problem on Sixam. Everything else can be packed in inventories.

The current plan is that Spot will father a child. Stacie is out of the picture now as she aged up to an adult. The current pool in which Spot is swimming includes:
Hana – Geek, Glutton
Lanualu – Green Fiend, Vegetarian
Seema – Self-Absorbed, Animal Enthusiast
Brylee – Gloomy, Neat

I’ve not played a Self-Absorbed Sim before so I’m leaning towards Seema but a lot will depend on their third traits.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2023, 09:06:06 AM »
Another lovely update for the Nova crew  :=) 
I'm looking forward to seeing which partner Spot will choose.  Right at first, when I saw the image, I thought, "Ooo, that blonde gal is a cutie!" and then read that she's his sister  :=/  But yes, Chaya Bjergsen is just lovely!
I also rather enjoy that "Cockney Princess" is officially her name now.  That cracked me up!
Oh, and speaking of me cracking up, the not Took-worthy nose reference was quite hilarious!  Thanks for the shout out to my strangely-nosed crew!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.3: The Pudding Club
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2023, 11:37:14 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.3: The Pudding Club

Choo-Choo: Shake a leg, then, if you wanna get your leg over.
Clement Frost: I’m confused.
Choo-Choo: I’m not having an egg. Do ya or doncha?

4.3.1.jpg

Nova: I wish Simba was here. The Cockney Princess isn’t dressed properly and she’s not as skilled as him. Ooh a placebo treat! Yum. OK, maybe she’s got enough skills…

4.3.2.jpg

Fancy-Fancy: Tu es enceinte ! Wow !
Choo-Choo : Are you sure you’re not up the duff too?
Watcher: If I may interject here…I think it’s because you are twin sisters. The same thing happened in my NSB dynasty. I don’t think Fancy-Fancy is pregnant.
Fancy-Fancy: Merci!

4.3.3.jpg

Nova: No, I really think you are not pregnant. The bump’s gone.
Fancy-Fancy: Vingt-et-un, vingt-deux

4.3.4.jpg

Orion : I’ve finished my homework. How’s yours coming on?
Choo-Choo: It’s OK but how come you’re eating that give & take. It’s supposed to be for your birthday!
Orion: Oops. It’s very nice though.

4.3.5.jpg

Spot: Hello baby Jennie! Your mother had to go to her afternoon lectures. She’ll be back soon.
Elemental: Baby human? Baby alien?
Spot: Baby human. I'm a young adult now. No baby aliens here.
Elemental: Soon

4.3.7.jpg

Spot: I’m so glad you aged up at the same time Seema.
Seema: I am now an over-achiever as well as being self-absorbed and an animal enthusiast. Where’s Nova?
Spot: She likes you too but I was wondering if you would like to join our household.
Seema: Will I be able to spend more time with Nova?
Spot: Of course, she’s our priority.
Seema: I’ll send for my bags. Yes, I’m looking for a Soulmate but that’s not important. Now, where is Nova?
Spot: Um, maybe she’s in the telescope…?

4.3.9.jpg

Seema: I seem to be eating for 2. I just know I’m going to be the best mother ever!

4.3.10.jpg

Nova: Seema seems very nice. She loves petting me. She does like a lot of attention from everyone which Spot keeps forgetting. He is forever needing to apologize for something he’s not done. But I like her.

4.3.13.jpg

Nova: In fact, when I send them on a date to the Spice Festival, I tell Spot to make sure she stays by pair-bonding with her permanently.

4.3.14.jpg

Tess: Yes, young alien in disguise, what can I get you?
Spot: Ah – you saw through the disguise then.
Tess: It’s not hard when you know what to look for.
Purple Alien: May I recommend the curry?
Spot: And you don’t mind me living as a human?
Tess: Live and let live, that’s what I say. I see you’ve married and mated with a human.
Purple Alien: Seriously, this curry is a-ma-zing!
Spot: Yes, I love humans. My brother hasn’t met any he loves.
Tess: Really? Maybe I should come meet him?
Spot: Any time.

4.3.15.jpg

Tess: Hello Orion, your brother tells me that you’re not interested in humans?
Orion: Er, wow, I mean, wow!
Tess: Do you like what you see?
Orion: Um, wow, oh, wow!

4.3.16.jpg

Orion: Wow, wow, wow!
Tess: Well that was good!
Orion: Wow.

4.3.17.jpg

Orion (on phone): So that’s the long and the short of it.
Spot: But what about your studies?
Orion: I’ll finish them but it’s not a priority. I was only doing them to please father Simba and that really doesn’t matter anymore.
Spot: Where will you live?
Orion: Tess has got a place in the desert. We’re on the way there now. Did I tell you she’s expecting our baby?
Spot: Wow!
Orion: Indeed! So we’re getting married and building a family.
Spot: You’ll still come over?
Orion: Absolutely but you’d better add Tess to the club. She’s a kleptomaniac and you don’t want her stealing everything. (hangs up)

4.3.30.jpg

Spot: I’ll miss him.
Seema: But you’ll have more time for me. Just look how good I am at potty-training little Jennie. Our baby is so lucky to have me as a mother. And I’m great with Nova too.
Nova: Um…
Seema: Everything is just wonderful!
Spot: Wow!

4.3.19.jpg

4.3.nova.jpg

Progress
Cat Companions

Current Household: Admiral’s Wreckage
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: Young Adult; Good, Socially Awkward, Family Oriented; 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life
Spot Leonine: Alien Young Adult; Bookworm, Loves Outdoors, Cat-Lover; 2 As
Seema Raghavan: Young Adult; Self-Absorbed, Animal Enthusiast, Over-Achiever

Generation 4
Jennie Leonine
: Toddler

L-to-R: Choo-Choo holding Jennie, Seema, Spot holding Nova
4.3.31.jpg

Notes

Jennie is named after the title cat character in the book by Paul Gallico – a book I remember fondly from my teens.

I didn't realise Seema's Animal Enthusiasm affected her mood with pets. I thought it was just limited to the HoB animals. It's a bonus that she loves Nova so much. I think we all know someone who is self-absorbed like Seema, turning every conversation back to themselves. Of course, if you don’t, maybe it’s you…

Cockney Rhyming Slang
•   Egg – egg yolk – joke
•   Give & take - cake
Other Cockney Slang
•   Up the duff – pregnant – (duff and pudding are both euphemisms for the same thing and that’s all I’m going to explain)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.3: The Pudding Club
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2023, 12:28:20 PM »
Oh, Seema is a hoot!!  And I love how the romance and move in chat kept featuring her focusing on Nova instead of poor Spot.
Oh, and speaking of romance scenes, Orion just saying "wow" repeatedly was quite amusing!
My favorite screenshot was the one where Fancy-Fancy is doing push ups and it looks like Nova is reaching out to pat her forehead.  Such a cat thing to do!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2023, 01:29:07 PM »
How did I manage to miss the "Like Father, Like Alien" update a few days ago?
This morning, I enjoyed reading two updates in a row.
I agree with Pippin that Chaya Bjergsen is lovely!  Seema the Animal Enthusiast is a great choice for Nova, um, I mean, Spot!
When I first saw Jennie, I thought, "Welp, Spot and Seema will have to try again for a greenboo!" Then I saw in your household shot that Jennie is Choo-Choo's, hehe.
I would love to visit Orion and Tess later to meet their kids. :D

Looking at your progress, I notice Nova's Simstagram followers is in pace with Nova's lives (1k followers per life?).  Is that the hardest requirement?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2023, 03:00:09 PM »
Oh, Seema is a hoot!!  And I love how the romance and move in chat kept featuring her focusing on Nova instead of poor Spot.
Oh, and speaking of romance scenes, Orion just saying "wow" repeatedly was quite amusing!
My favorite screenshot was the one where Fancy-Fancy is doing push ups and it looks like Nova is reaching out to pat her forehead.  Such a cat thing to do!
I'm not good at writing romance scenes so I like to keep the vocabulary simple, lol!

I also love Nova batting at the French Princess while she's doing push-ups. The Sim animal movements and interactions are amazing. It saves all the fuss of getting a rl pet!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2023, 03:11:26 PM »
How did I manage to miss the "Like Father, Like Alien" update a few days ago?
This morning, I enjoyed reading two updates in a row.
I agree with Pippin that Chaya Bjergsen is lovely!  Seema the Animal Enthusiast is a great choice for Nova, um, I mean, Spot!
When I first saw Jennie, I thought, "Welp, Spot and Seema will have to try again for a greenboo!" Then I saw in your household shot that Jennie is Choo-Choo's, hehe.
I would love to visit Orion and Tess later to meet their kids. :D

Looking at your progress, I notice Nova's Simstagram followers is in pace with Nova's lives (1k followers per life?).  Is that the hardest requirement?
I forgot to update the thread main title so it didn't look like I'd posted an update. Sorry about that.

Alien Tess has pointy ears so their nooboo has a good chance of getting those. I didn't get a look at her human disguise so that will be interesting to to follow up.

Simstagram for pets is tortuous.  Each update seems to get 10-20 new followers. I think she gets more when it's a new locale. As it's the last requirement other than the museum paintings for each life, I am ahead of the game. I need to focus a bit on how to maximise followers and not get distracted by side aims.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.a: Because You’re Gorgeous
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2023, 10:34:26 AM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.a: Because You’re Gorgeous

Spot: Great to see you guys. How are you settling in?
Orion: It’s good. The neighbours are a bit odd. Don’t always make much sense.
Tess: They seem very interested in me. A little too interested, if I’m honest.
Orion: Oh and they impounded our fridge for some reason.
Spot: That all sounds….odd.

4.4.1.jpg

Yellow Shirt: Hey buddy, how come you’re not dancing? That is your date, isn’t it?
Spot: Oh – she says I’ve got lead feet so I’m leaving her to it.

4.4.2.jpg

Seema: Come on, Nova, dance with me! If I’d had time to practice, I’d be the best dancer ever. Just look at my moves!
Nova: Meow?

4.4.2a.jpg

Seema: Alright, Mr Lead Feet, Nova won’t play ball so you’ll have to do.
Spot: You do love me, don’t you, Seema?
Seema: Of course – check out our Soulmate status.
Spot: It’s just that….
Seema: Aw – look at Nova! She’s brought me some feathers. I’m such a good animal trainer.

4.4.3.jpg

Seema: OOOOOWWWWW!
Nalani: Keep it down. You’re not dying.
Seema: Where is my doctor? I should be seen straight away.
Nalani: He’s just clocking on. He’ll be here in a mo.
Seema: This is insupportable. Why am I being kept waiting?

4.4.4.jpg

Seema: Welcome to my world, Mistoffolees. I’m so glad you’re green. It’s my favourite colour. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mother as me. Because of me, you will have the best start in life.
Mistoffolees: Gurgle

4.4.6.jpg

Fancy-Fancy: Oh Non!
Tess: This is too sad, Felicia was a lovely aunt to Orion.
Jennie: Granny?
Seema: Oh no! Why is this happening to me. Everyone should be celebrating me giving birth but they’ll all be too sad now.
Nova: Yowl! Man in Black! Man in Black! Keep away from me!

4.4.8.jpg

Jennie: Why?
Grim: Because it was her time.
Grim: She’d lived a long life.
Grim: Help!
Seema: My Mistoffolees will be just as confident and clever.
Nova: Go away, Man in Black.

4.4.9.jpg

Spot: There, I think that’s the last bit of rubbish. Just a couple of lava spills up the mountain… Wow – Mua Pel’am looks amazing these days. I thought it was beautiful when we arrived but it’s even more lovely now. So much diversity and colour.

4.4.10.jpg

Jennie: Woof!
Nova: Meow?
Jennie: Woof woof
Nova: Meow!

4.4.11.jpg

Seema: Oh you really are pregnant. I thought you were just pretending to be like me. And who wouldn’t want to be like me. I’m amazing. You stick with me and I’ll give you loads of parenting tips. After all I am raising an alien too.
Tess: A half alien.
Seema: Yes! That makes it even more special for me to do, don’t you think?
Orion: Listen, Seema, we’ve asked the family to move to our neighbourhood but Spot won’t consider it unless you say yes. We need your help.
Seema: Well, I can understand that. After all, there are so many ways I can help, you poor things. But, er, I’m not sure it’s really me. Your neighbourhood…it’s so…not me!

4.4.13.jpg

Alien Technician #3: Right a bit. Right a bit. Right a lot. No! Too far! Bother it! We’ve got the woman instead of my Spot. Ridiculous name. I don’t know why that Simba called him that. Orion, now, there’s a name! Oh well. Let’s do some damage control.
Seema: Where am I?
AT3: I’m Spot’s mother, Mistoffolee’s grandmother.
Seema: Ah. I can see why you want to meet me. My credentials far exceed that needed….
AT3: You misunderstand. We wanted to encourage Spot to follow his brother. There are things that need doing.
Seema: But that neighbourhood really isn’t me.
AT3: This isn’t about you.
Seema: I beg your pardon?
AT3: I’m sorry, what I meant to say was that we need someone with your over-inflated ego to find out what’s going on in that place and sort it out.
Seema: Come again?
AT3 (sigh): Will you be the Saviour of Strangerville?
Seema: Me? The Saviour of Strangerville? That has a nice ring to it.
AT3: Ring? There’s no jewellery attached.
Seema: I will be magnificent.
AT3: Right. Back you go then!

4.4.14.jpg

Nova: Tess?
Tess: OOOWWWWEEEEEOOOOOWW!
Nova: Choo-Choo! End the club meeting right now!

4.4.15.jpg

Spot: And so, little Jennie, that’s why we’re moving tomorrow.
Spot: I just told you. I’m not working and your mama has only got morning lectures. I hope she doesn’t want to do another tutoring session.
Spot: Because then she won’t be here to help with the move.
Spot: End of paddling time!

4.4.16.jpg

Seema: Still green, my best little man! But I do need to change those clothes. I’ve already overhauled Spots wardrobe to be in greens and browns. Obviously you will want to wear the same colours. Oh – we’ll look so good when we’re out together. It’ll make a great impression when we meet our new neighbours.
Mistoffolees: Babble.

4.4.17.jpg

Jennie: And if you just say “Why” all the time, they’ll get mad and leave you on your own.
Mistoffolees: Why?
Jennie: Because they try to answer us logically to educate us and modelled sensible conversations but they run out of logic.
Jennie: Giggle. You’ll be alright, Toff!
Jennie: Don’t push it!

4.4.19.jpg

Seema: Hey, Chaya! Now you’ve joined the club, let’s take a photo together.
Chaya: Oh – you’ve copied my hairstyle.
Seema: Just trying it out. The people out there think you’re so….
Chaya: I’m so what?
Seema: I don’t know. See! I’m gorgeous too!
Chaya: They think I’m gorgeous?
Seema: Not as gorgeous as me, but you’re OK… I guess.

4.4.20.jpg

4.4a.nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Admiral's Wreckage
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: Young Adult; Good, Socially Awkward, Family Oriented; 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life, Academic

Generation 4
Jennie Leonine
Mistoffolees Leonine: Toddler

L-to-R: Choo-Choo holding Jennie, Seema holding herself, Spot holding Mistoffolees, Nova
Screenshot 2023-02-07 112055.jpg

Notes

A lot has happened in this week with births and moves and so on. This episode has been divided into 2 parts to avoid throwing too much at you in one go. Of course the family photo gives away that Seema is expecting again - not entirely my plan. This is the first family photo where Nova isn't being held. She understands...

I invited Nova along to Spot and Seema’s date night at the Salty Paws so she could find a mate in a multi-tasking way. I was very surprised to see Nova as an option for Seema’s slow dance partner. I clicked on it but nothing really happened. It could have been cute…

Mistoffolees is named for the Marvellous Mr Mistoffolees, The Original Conjuring Cat, from TS Elliot's cat poems.

I love the toddler “imitate” interaction with cats (& dogs?). The speech bubbles with Jennie getting it wrong made me laugh.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.a: Because You’re Gorgeous
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2023, 01:18:33 PM »
The toddlers are so adorable and self-absorbed Seema is a weirdo, lol.
I imagine she would love the ring of "Hero of Strangerville," though.
StrangerVille is one of my favorite worlds once the bother has been dealt with, especially now we can build home ponds.
Looking forward to finding out where they live.

Also, I thought it was a mod-related glitch that some of Buddy's kids aged up into black-haired toddlers when the mothers didn't have black hair.
Or is Spot's hair color considered black?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.b: To Look At The Queen
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2023, 12:06:03 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.b: Look At The Queen

Spot: Well, Toff, we’re here. What do you think of our new home?
Mistoffelees: Babble.
Nova: Meow!
Spot: It’s a bit windy, I know, but it’ll be good to be next door to your uncle Orion.
Mistoffelees: Babble

4.4.21.jpg

Seema: I’ll read this book to you, Jennie but I’m sure I could write a better one myself. I know you like your light well with the sunflowers that I planted. We’ve hidden it because we’re not sure yet what sort of welcome we’ll get.

4.4.22.jpg

Seema: Hello Rory. I understand you can sell me Curios.
Rory: I certainly can, young lady. And may I say – welcome to the neighbourhood.
Seema: You’re glad to have me, I’m sure. We’re just setting up a little glamping park.
Rory: Glamping?
Seema: You know, sleeping in posh tents. Roughing it without the roughing.
Rory: Well, you certainly don’t look like you’re roughing it.
Seema: Well aren’t you sweet. Let me hug you!

4.4.25.jpg

Seema: It is strange here, Spot. Orion was right to ask me to come.
Orion: Um
Seema: I’ve already planted a bug on the curio shopkeeper. He was rather taken with me, sweet man.
Spot: I hope you weren’t flirting.
Seema: Just a little, honeybun. We’ll all need to be very understanding when I have to do these things. It’s for the good of the Simverse, after all.

4.4.26.jpg

Tess: You’re very good with her, Spot.
Spot: I love her.
Tess: But she’s so….
Spot: We have to make allowances for humans. They’re so insecure that they over-compensate.
Tess: You think Seema is insecure?

4.4.27.jpg

Seema: I’m off to save the Simverse. You guys just meditate good vibes my way. Not that I need them. By the way, Fancy-Fancy. Choo-Choo says you can’t keep stealing things from the family when we’re not in the same room. She’s kicking you out of the club.
Fancy-Fancy: Quoi?

4.4.28.jpg

Choo-Choo: Ah – the Welcome Wagon. I was wondering if you were going to drop by.
Neighbours: …..

4.4.29.jpg

Agent L: I saw the welcome wagon arrive. You check the garden and I’ll check the fridge.
Agent M: OK boss. Are you sure you’re not Leonardo di Caprio?
Agent L: That’s just an office joke. Let it go.

4.4.30.jpg

Seema: Wow. Leonardo in the flesh.
Agent L: Just Agent L, ma’am. Just let me do my job. We didn’t know there were children registered at this address.
Seema: I work at the agency too. What’s my agent name?
Agent L: That’s above your pay grade as of now.
Seema: Well, I don’t know about that. This is my niece. She’s….sleeping over.
Agent L: Hmmm

4.4.31.jpg

Agent L: We’re taking the fridge. It’s contaminated.
Choo-Choo: Ah – Cobblers!
Agent L: Another child! And this one green?
Choo-Choo: We were ‘aving a lark wi’ facepaint. He’s me nephew and sleepin’ over.
Agent L: This is a confusing set up…

4.4.32.jpg

Spot: Let me explain, Agent L. We’re setting up a glamping business. You see the 3 tents outside…
Agent L: On the site of an old wreck?
Seema: Very atmospheric. You’ve got to have a gimmick if you want to catch peoples imagination.
Agent M: What’s that rocket at the back.
Seema: Just a prop. You’ll see. We’ll have visitors flocking here with me running it.
Agent L: And the children?
Spot: We’re providing creche facilities. These little ones are testing it out for us.

4.4.23.jpg

Seema: I’m annoyed that those agents wouldn’t listen to me, Choo-Choo. Watcher listens to me. I wanted to try for another baby with Spot, because we’re romantic partners, and she said we could, just once, to release the whim. Most people listen to me because I’ve got lots of interesting things to say. I mean, I know you’re uploading knowledge to the archive machine, but you’re listening to me at the same time, right Choo-Choo?
Choo-Choo: Argh! My loaf is beginning to hurt!

4.4.33.jpg

Choo-Choo: Would you Adam n Eve it? I’m only a bloomin’ Prof!

4.4.34.jpg

Seema: Yes! I knew I’d do it first time.
Watcher: You and Spot did it?
Seema: Well, yes. I knew WE’D do it first time.
Watcher: Ye-es. I haven’t really got a plan for another nooboo.
Seema: I can cope. I’ll be a super parent.
Watcher: Yes but you’re shooting for Soulmate, Saviour of Strangerville and all the family aspirations?
Seema: I can do it.
Watcher: But can I?
Seema: Get with the programme, Watcher.
Watcher: OK.

4.4.35.jpg

Nova: Seema takes up a lot of Watchers time. The Cockney Princess couldn’t go to her graduation because Watcher was too busy with Seema. She goes on dates

4.4.36.jpg

Nova: She reads to the kittens

4.4.37.jpg

Nova: She trains me

4.4.38.jpg

Nova: She even takes me on her sneaking-around trips

4.4.40.jpg

Seema: Bother it. I got level 3 programming just so I could hack this heap of junk and it goes and breaks on me. I just need one more clue. But I really need a shower too… Come on Nova. Let’s head home.
Nova: Come back another day?

4.4.41.jpg

4.4.nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Old Penelope, Strangerville
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: Young Adult; Good, Socially Awkward, Family Oriented; 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life, Academic

Generation 4
Jennie Leonine
Mistoffolees Leonine: Toddler

Notes

Phew – week 19 seemed to last forever! I wanted the family to clean up Mua Pel’am before they moved on. They’ve previously cleaned up Evergreen Harbour. Choo-Choo’s Academic aspiration came out of their time in Britechester. I’ve completed the Strangerville mystery a couple of times before. It was the obvious next choice for an alien crossover. I’ll withhold spoilers. The family don’t actually need to move to any more worlds as we’ve met the 9 world requirement but Nova’s only half-way through her nine lives.

I’m assuming that Nova will get at least one more curable illness to meet the 9-cure requirement.

I can’t work out why Simstagram Pet sometimes ups followers by 10-20 and sometimes by over 100. I thought it was high for a new location but no. I need to start taking notes of place, timing, action, photo quality.

I use the Whims/Fears to add more interest than just following my own agenda. Seema wanting to try for another baby will make my household large again. With all 3 adults having the option to Work From Home, I have a range of choices for childcare, including hiring a Nanny.

Cockney Rhyming Slang
•   Cobblers – cobblers awls – balls. I grew up in the county town of Northampton, well known for its numerous shoemakers. Our local football team rarely did well in the leagues and the nickname of Cobblers was used to mock them with the opposing fans regularly singing “What a load of Cobblers”
•   Loaf – loaf of bread – head
•   Adam & Eve – Believe

The title is a reference to the nursery rhyme Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.b: To Look At The Queen
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2023, 04:31:06 PM »
The sunflowers in the lightwell look fantastic!
Are you having fun with self-absorbed, over-achieving Seema?  Looks like you are!
Could you tell us what Spot's hair color is? Why does Mistoffeles have black hair?
(Sorry, I'm troubleshooting my own black-haired toddler issue, haha.)

How curious that Nova's Simstagram follower gain ranges from 10 to 100. Do let us know what the determining factors are!
P.S. Crossing my fingers for Seema/Orion to have a gingerboo.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 4.4.b: To Look At The Queen
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2023, 07:43:08 AM »
Haha, the bit about Seema being "insecure" was pretty great.  She is a ridiculously over the top character!
I also really liked the bit where Jennie was teaching Toff about the value of asking "Why?"  :=)
Some really fun things happening in this dynasty and I'm looking forward to seeing how the amazing Seema's ambitions to become Saviour of Strangerville go  :=)