Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38091 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 2.4: Love Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2023, 11:32:49 AM »
Great progress! You're not allowed to re-trait?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2023, 11:36:04 AM »
Great progress! You're not allowed to re-trait?
Oh - possibly... but I'm hoping to continue with a smaller household... not sure why but I've always liked the deep-set eyes of the Bheeda line. Felicia's traits also help me plump for a new world to live in...(teaser!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2023, 11:49:58 AM »
I'm also a fan of the Bheedas!
As for their next world, my guess would be Evergreen Harbor... ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2023, 03:49:19 PM »
I'm also a fan of the Bheedas!
As for their next world, my guess would be Evergreen Harbor... ;)
Aha - well done :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2023, 07:14:09 AM »
The title for this update had my thinking first going in the direction of a 60's love child, but then it musically morphed into a weird take on "Love Shack" by the B52's, so now I'll likely have that song in my head all day  ;=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2023, 12:30:17 PM »
The title for this update had my thinking first going in the direction of a 60's love child, but then it musically morphed into a weird take on "Love Shack" by the B52's, so now I'll likely have that song in my head all day  ;=)
And now it's in mine, lol!
I was actually thinking more of the song LoveCats from The Cure.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 2.5: Bat-Bug-Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2023, 12:58:56 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 2.5: Bat-Bug-Cat

Nova: This week is bookended by our 2 trips to Granite Falls. The idea for the first trip was to get away from all the confusion of the human relationships and find somewhere for me to Prowl. Sadly, when we get here, it is raining and we didn’t choose the best lodgings because we didn’t need all that space. The luxury though, that would have been nice. Felicia went out jogging but Simba was so tired he went to sleep on the mezzanine floor with me keeping guard. We brought my things with us.

2.5.1.jpg

There is a throne room but also, when it’s not raining, they have a fire pit. Mmmm – watch those flames dance!

2.5.3.jpg

Fasa becomes an older Adult while we are in Granite Falls. I’m not sure why humans have so many ages – 7 in all. We cats are much more efficient – a straightforward 3 ages – kitten, adult, elder.

2.5.4.jpg

We stay in our lodgings for 2 whole days, Simba missing his first day as a scientist and Fasa taking a vacation day. On our second day, everyone tries to have a lie-in. I have to jump on the bed to wake them up. I’ve never done that before.

2.5.5.jpg

Our luggage to go home is full of fish that Fasa caught which smells a-maz=ing! I am undecided about Felicia and Simba’s contributions. They have 10 new smelly plants and a pallet load of terrariums with bugs in. I like to bat at the bugs but only when no-one is watching.

2.5.6.jpg

When we get back home, I decide that we need to move somewhere that has lots of Prowl-ability. Felicia says there’s a huge opportunity at an old mill, going cheap, some clean-up needed. She wasn’t wrong. Cleaning up the air for one thing. We put lots of solar panels, windmills (that I can’t reach to play with) and water collectors although I think we’ll just be using that as brown water until the atmosphere is clearer. I’ll go out Prowling soon but right now I need to teach Felicia where my special Sritching spot is.

2.5.7.jpg

Ah – I enter my 3rd age. This all seems…familiar…what was I about to do? Time for a nap, I think.

2.5.8.jpg

I’ve been getting a bit confused this week. I’ll tell you what happened because I’m not sure it’s only me that’s confused. Firstly Felicia wants kittens with Fasa. That bit was understandable.

2.5.8a.jpg

Then our neighbour Billie Jang from San Myshuno phones to ask Fasa on a date. He says no which I think is normal. And then he decides he wants kittens with Felicia.

2.5.8b.jpg

Billie rings again to let Simba know that she has had his kitten.

2.5.8c.jpg

At this point I think it is Billie that is confused but then Simba, who wants to play the field you remember, decides that he wants to marry the Evil Dylan.

2.5.10.jpg

He’s taken her on a date to the Salty Paws Bar and I find my usual fish puddle so he has to get busy with the brush. By the time he finishes, Evil Dylan has started flirting with the ghosts that have taken over the bar. Simba is crushed and has started having fears about their relationship. Needless to say, Dylan is not moving into my territory.

2.5.12.jpg

Another strange thing is that, after work the next day, one of Simba’s work colleagues shows up and stays the night. She’s nicer than Evil Dylan but it’s getting very chaotic around here.

2.5.13.jpg

I go to commune with St Joy and ponder my first life marker in order to quieten my thoughts.

2.5.14.jpg

Friday and Fasa comes home as a level 9 detective. He is so pleased. I am pleased when Simba comes home without any trailing colleagues. Back to Granite Falls we go, to the best lodgings we can find. Gravid Felicia (did I mention she’s expecting kittens?) has taken to roasting bugs over the fire and Fasa is enjoying the fresh air. Maybe this will help calm things down.

2.5.15.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 2; Elder; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cat Companions

Current Household: Fountainview Penthouse, Arts District, San Myshuno
Generation 2
Chief Companion: Simba Leonine
: Young Adult; Active, Genius, Cat-Lover; 2 As in school; Aspirations achieved – Nerd Brain, Leader of the Pack, Fabulously Wealthy; Collection completed - feathers
Complete Bonus collections: Snow Globes; City Posters
Fasa Leonine: Adult; Loves Outdoors, Good, Outgoing; 2 As in school; Aspirations achieved - Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Renaissance Sim, Friend of the World; Detective level 9
Felicia Bheeda: Young Adult; Freegan, Lactose-Intolerant, Insider

L-to-R: Simba, Felicia holding Nova, Fasa
2.5.16.jpg

Notes
Simba got a whim to marry Dylan that didn't go away so I let him. He is balancing the Serial Romantic and Soulmates aspirations.
Not meeting whims every now and then is quite punitive but I like how they drive the plot so I leave them on. In case you weren't aware, the most recent bug-fix update claims they've fixed the whim settings bug which is a relief if you play with them off.
Simba's City Life aspiration just needs him to win a contest at Geekcon to complete so they were free to move out of the city.
Having reached the heady heights of level 9 in his Detective career, his level 9 bonus rewards include 10 unique items which meets that museum requirement all by himself. Once I realised that would be the case, there was no other sensible choice of career.
Felicia, as a Freegan, is uncomfortable in regular employment so she has taken up herbalism, knitting and various other ways of earning money. It's a shame that the only aspiration associated with Evergreen Harbour involves becoming a Civil Designer so her main aim will be to get their neighbourhood to Green status.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 2.5: Bat-Bug-Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2023, 09:00:56 AM »
A lovely update, although I felt bad for poor Nova for trying to have to sort out all the chaos  ;=)  Hopefully, Felicia did manage to learn that correct scritching spot in order to ensure that our glorious feline friend was rewarded for all the hard work  ;=)
So...did Simba divorce Dylan, or are they just in a horrible marriage now?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2023, 12:49:02 PM »
What a weird thing with Billie Jang?  I'm sure you immediately checked Simba's family tree.
Who's the father of Billie's "beautiful baby girl"?  Is it Simba engaging in some off-camera action?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »
A lovely update, although I felt bad for poor Nova for trying to have to sort out all the chaos  ;=)  Hopefully, Felicia did manage to learn that correct scritching spot in order to ensure that our glorious feline friend was rewarded for all the hard work  ;=)
So...did Simba divorce Dylan, or are they just in a horrible marriage now?
Simba is indeed still married to Dylan but they haven't even consummated their marriage. Simba seems to have taken on his father's (Don Lothario) romantic attitudes even though he didn't get that trait. I thought Dylan would show up to visit the house every now and then but she doesn't. Being married does mean he can't have any more whims to propose to anyone else with whom he gets flirty.
What a weird thing with Billie Jang?  I'm sure you immediately checked Simba's family tree.
Who's the father of Billie's "beautiful baby girl"?  Is it Simba engaging in some off-camera action?
Having Nova do the narration means that some action gets missed and Simba is definitely getting some off-camera action as he works on his Serial Romantic aspiration. He fathered Melanie Jang before they left San Myshuno. I can't blame it all on him though. With both Fasa and Felicia having dark hair, I have been exploiting Simba to try for more red-heads that I could move in for Gen 3. The move-in move-out rules aren't that tight so I might eventually move either TC or Benny back in to father some nooboos.

From this you will gather that I only have a very vague plan and am enjoying going with the flow. I would like the nine lives of Nova to experience all the possible worlds (Batuu is not possible for pets, sadly) and for the family to complete a healthy number of aspirations and collections.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 3.1: Pixelated Kitty
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2023, 12:18:29 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 3.1: Pixelated Kitty

Nova: We only stay 24 hours at the campsite because we’re not sure when Felicia is due to kitten. She wants to go to the vets to have them. To while away the time, Simba goes off to another planet in the rocket to look for rocks. He says he would have called for me but he couldn’t. I don’t know if that delayed the kittening but they don’t make an appearance until Sunday evening. Fancy-Fancy and Choo-Choo finally arrive. As I am a queen cat, I shall call them princesses. A far superior sex to toms! They age up into toddlers on Wednesday night after Simba has left me 3 days on the trot for work!

3.1.1.jpg

The princesses are a bit noisy so I go out to investigate the interesting smell coming from the bin. Suddenly I feel all weak and I drift off into a dream.

3.1.2.jpg

It’s a bit of a disjointed dream. I remember a sunny brown leaf day and I could hear a children’s story.

3.1.3.jpg

And then, in the dream, I remember 2 strange visitors.

3.1.4.jpg

Finally, it still feels like I’m dreaming but Simba is there with not just one treat, but 3!

3.1.5.jpg

Look! Look! I’m a kitten again! Where are the party horns and paper falling from the ceiling?

3.1.6.jpg

Fasa is inspired to paint my picture straight away. It’s not a masterpiece which he could do before but now there are as rare as hens teeth.

3.1.7.jpg

Oh dear, I seem to be having a bit of trouble in the litter tray. I’m all whiskers and paws!

3.1.8.jpg

Choo-Choo: Kitty Kitty
Nova: Meow! Oh yes! Right there!

3.1.9.jpg

Fancy-Fancy: Lusha Lusha
Nova: Meow?

3.1.10.jpg

Nova: The princesses are confusing so I go in search of my throne. My shelter has diminished somewhat – no upper floors now – and there’s no porch.

3.1.11.jpg

We’re more on top of each other but everyone is friendly, including Felicia. She is now making gourmet meals for me and I count her as a good friend.

3.1.13.jpg

What hasn’t changed is Simba’s wayward romances. This one is particularly strange.

3.1.15.jpg

She told me off! So I hissed at her. Simba rewarded me with a treat and took her out to look at stars.

3.1.17.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 3; Kitten; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

3.1.18.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Generation 2
: Young Adult; Active, Genius, Cat-Lover; 2 As in school; Aspirations achieved – Nerd Brain, Leader of the Pack, Fabulously Wealthy; Collection completed - feathers
Fasa Leonine: Adult; Loves Outdoors, Good, Outgoing; 2 As in school; Aspirations achieved - Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Renaissance Sim, Friend of the World; Detective level 9
Felicia Bheeda: Young Adult; Freegan, Lactose-Intolerant, Insider

Generation 3
Fancy-Fancy Leonine
: Toddler
Choo-Choo Leonine: Toddler

L-to-R: Simba holding Choo-Choo, Fasa, Felicia holding Nova, Fancy-Fancy
3.1.20.jpg

Notes
Regarding the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and the need for 5 masterpieces – I’m sure Fasa was churning them out when he only needed excellent ones but now…? Hardly any. I do wonder if there’s code that makes it less likely or whether it just feels that way.

Nova, being spayed, is actually a Molly rather than a Queen but I haven't told her that...

The title of this episode is a reference to Pixel, the cat of the title in Robert A. Heinlein's book - The Cat Who Walks Through Walls

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 3.1: Pixelated Kitty
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2023, 07:21:46 PM »
Switching to the lot trait for higher-quality works (Home Studio) helps with masterpieces.
Haha, I can tell you don't have enough to do, Watcher.  I too find myself directing my Sim Buddy to pollinate for potential lovely sims.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2023, 07:10:47 AM »
Wait, did Felicia get a cat tattoo during this update?  I don't see a cat on her right arm in the first picture, but then it's there later?  I mean, that's some serious devotion to Nova right there  ;=)
I can't wait to see the princesses all grown up (and hopefully they resemble Felecia since she's absolutely lovely), and like oshizu, I'm definitely curious to see some of the genetic mixes that Simba is out there creating  ;=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2023, 09:37:43 AM »
Wait, did Felicia get a cat tattoo during this update?  I don't see a cat on her right arm in the first picture, but then it's there later?  I mean, that's some serious devotion to Nova right there  ;=)
I can't wait to see the princesses all grown up (and hopefully they resemble Felecia since she's absolutely lovely), and like oshizu, I'm definitely curious to see some of the genetic mixes that Simba is out there creating  ;=)
I've decided to give all Nova's Good Friends a cat tattoo, a branding if you will. Nova definitely thinks she's their owner, lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 3.2: Fat Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2023, 05:03:43 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 3.2: Fat Cat

Nova: The week begins slowly. Fasa reads to the Princesses which gives me a good excuse to snuggle on the bed.

3.2.7.jpg

Nova: Fancy-Fancy is very keen on hugs whether I want them or not.
Fancy-Fancy: Monsha! Monsha!
Nova: Anybody? No, me neither.

3.2.2.jpg

Nova: Simba disappears for hours in a blaze of light. He comes back very excited about meeting aliens. He doesn’t remember everything that happened. He thinks he was only gone a couple of minutes. The others don't notice he's been gone at all.

3.2.3.jpg

Nova: I thought you’d like to see the cake that Fasa made for Felicia’s birthday. I’m guarding it to make sure she doesn’t eat any. Fasa tried to find a lacto-free cake recipe but gave up.

3.2.4.jpg

Nova: We’ve been having lots of cooking fires and I don’t know why. We’ve replaced the wall and floor coverings but we’ve had to replace the stove about 5 times this week. Here you can see the Princesses being carried to safety. The downside of them believing in my deity is that they expect me to rescue myself!

3.2.8.jpg

Nova: A spectre visits us in the middle of the day which was very strange. She’s come to see Simba.
Simba: Oh hi, Faye. Fancy you looking us up after so long.
Faye: Yes well since I’m your girlfriend, I thought I’d better drop by so we can catch up.
Simba: So…what’s new with you?
Faye: I died of old age.
Simba: Ah yes. Well you were ancient when you agreed to be my girlfriend.
Faye: From what I know now, I was lucky.
Simba: In what way?
Faye: Well, from this side of the life-death divide I am fully aware of all your other girlfriends and you got most of them pregnant!
Simba: Shall we just be friends? And maybe it’s time to move on?

3.2.9.jpg

Nova: I’m quite worried about Simba. He seems to have lost all interest in romance and he’s always hungry. He’s not been jogging which is strange for an Active Sim. Something is wrong.

3.2.10.jpg

Nova: It’s Fasa’s job to notice things and he knows something is wrong too. He tries to find out…
Fasa: So, when’s the baby due? Ha Ha
Simba: Ha ha. Very funny. Look, I know I’ve put on a few pounds but it’s just a Winter-hibernation thing.
Fasa: Winter-hibernation? You do know humans don’t do that.
Simba: Ha – yes. But it would be a good idea, don’t you think?

3.2.12.jpg

Nova: Things go from worrying to crazy. Reyna Le Chien calls to let Simba know that she’s had his son Collin. Almost immediately afterwards Billie Jang, mother of Simba’s daughter Melanie, rings Fasa about finding a ring in Simba’s bag and should she say “yes”. Fasa doesn’t like to tell her that Simba’s already pair-bonded to Dylan so…I’m sure that’s not right.

3.2.12a.jpg3.2.12b.jpg

Nova: Christmas comes round again. I’m in my most annoying phase, mewing for love, so the family invite a load of strays to visit. It’s time for the Princesses to mature a little too. Come on Choo-Choo. Blow quickly before that cat…never mind.
Choo-Choo: Pfft.
Nova: OK. No-one actually eat that. Just light the candles, Fancy-Fancy blow them out, then straight in the bin.
Fancy-Fancy: pfft

3.2.14.jpg

Nova: Simba has asked Dylan over to divorce her. He meets her out the back because it’s a pretty mean thing to do and he’s got a club rule against being mean to anyone.
Simba: Look – it’s not like we even consummated the marriage.
Dylan: Well I’m certainly not in the mood now! What’s wrong with you?
Nova: How long have you got, Evil Dylan?
Simba: I think I ate too much of the Grand Breakfast. Oof.
Dylan: Look it’s fine. Annulment it is.
Simba: I was wondering…
Dylan: Yes?
Simba: Would you like to be my Sim of Honour in my marriage to Billie? It seems I’m engaged to her.
Dylan: Unbelievable!

3.2.16.jpg

Nova: After Christmas and with both the Green Initiative and Modern Developments passed in Port Promise, I decided it was time to move. The Princesses were at school and the men at work so Felicia & I set off to our new home. We went via a couple of other places in Port Promise first, both made of containers. We changed their industrial coverings for eco-friendly ones. We have high hopes this will help green up the region. You can’t see it here because of the snow but maybe we’ll come back when it’s warmer.

3.2.17.jpg

Nova: Having rearranged my temple to accommodate my entourage, Simba finally admits that he really isn’t feeling good and takes himself off to the hospital.
Doctor: Right then, Mr Leonine, lets see what’s going on in that big belly of yours. I hope it’s not just wind.
Simba: Well that would explain all the cooking fires we’ve been having.
Doctor: There’s something there…
Simba: Oh, I hope it’s not a tumour.

3.2.19.jpg

Doctor: I’m not sure….but I think….we’re definitely going to need surgery for this one.
Simba: I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Is that my heart?
Doctor: Oh – let me just get that back…ah. Here we are.
Simba: Is that a….a….baby?
Doctor: Wait a minute. We’re not out of the woods yet…
Simba: Two babies? I feel faint.
Doctor: Two….and…let’s just check….no, we’re good. That’s your lot!

3.2.20.jpg

Simba: Hello Orion. You and your brother Spot are a bit of a surprise.

3.2.21.jpg

Felicia: Where did these green babies come from?
Simba: Me. It must have been while I was up in that spaceship.
Felicia: What spaceship?
Simba: The other night. There was this bright light and I was gone hours but it only seemed like minutes.
Fancy-Fancy: Quelle horreur!
Fasa: It sounds a bit far-fetched.

3.2.22.jpg

Felicia: Let me get this straight – you’ve fathered 4 babies by 4 different women…
Simba: I think it’s 5 now…

Screenshot 2023-01-23 134935.jpg

Felicia: And now you have just given birth to twin alien boys who you have named Orion and Spot?
Simba: That’s right. Aren’t they adorable?
Felicia: Orion and Spot?
Simba: Yes.
Nova: Green Toms. I wonder if they’ll ripen.

3.2.24.jpg

Nova: Meanwhile, the Princesses try to make friends with their cousin Melanie Jang, daughter of Simba and Billie.
Fancy-Fancy: Bonjour.
Choo-Choo: Watcha
Melanie: You two are weird. I came round to meet my birth father but he’s busy looking after green toddlers and I’ve just found out that my grandmother Anaya Jang has died.
Choo-Choo: She’s brown bread?
Fancy-Fancy: Quelle domage!
Nova: And so we end this week with a perfectly normal family that includes a father of 9, 2 Princesses (1 French and 1 Cockney), and 2 Green Toms. Maybe next week will be quieter.

3.2.26.jpg

Cat: Nova
; Female German Rex; Life 3; Adult; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

3.2.30.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Generation 2
Fasa Leonine: Adult; Loves Outdoors, Good, Outgoing; 2 As in school; Aspirations achieved - Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Renaissance Sim, Friend of the World, Painter Extraordinaire; Detective level 9
Complete Bonus Collections: Postcards
Felicia Bheeda: Adult; Freegan, Lactose-Intolerant, Insider

Generation 3
Fancy-Fancy Leonine
: Child; Self-Assured
Choo-Choo Leonine: Child; Good
Orion Leonine: Alien Toddler; Clingy
Spot Leonine: Alien Toddler; Clingy

L-to-R: Fasa holding Orion?, Fancy-Fancy, Choo-Choo holding Nova, Felicia, Simba holding Spot?
3.2.33.jpg

Notes

I’ve had trouble with multiple cooking fires before. Their cooking skill levels are high and I’ve checked the décor is not low fire-resistance. It’s mostly only a problem when there are toddlers. Once Orion and Spot have become children, it’s just gourmet dishes for Nova that she likes having.

I have no idea how Simba’s engagement was allowed while he was still married. Having divorced Dylan, the first set of interactions with her offered the “Be Sim of Honour” and I thought it would be funny to try it. Rather than being offended, Dylan clapped her hands and agreed straight away. Unbelievable, indeed!

I don’t think the challenge rules allow you to edit non-home lots so Felicia actually moved the family into the 2 other empty properties in Port Promise so that they could have a green make-over. Then she moved them out to the museum so that they can install the 9 unique level 9 career rewards and plant the perfect nip plants.

Fancy-Fancy is named for one of Top Cat’s crew – he was based on Cary Grant and often used French phrases. Choo-Choo didn’t want to be left out so I let her be a Cockney.
Orion is named after the cat in Men in Black who has the collar (belt) with the galaxy on it. Spot is named after Data’s cat in Star Trek (Next Gen). Both were (I believe) regular cats caught up in irregular situations.