Author Topic: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) Complete  (Read 38046 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.4: Curled Up By The Fire
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2023, 02:55:58 PM »
I recall an alluring female alien who asked, "Do you like what you see?"  Was that Norah's mother?
Yes, yes! Add Norah to the active household.
I mean, there's no penalty like if you were doing a Big Dreams Dynasty.  *winks

Also, question: Does the Father Winter's Child trait give bonus satisfaction for completing both wants and fears?
Are you finding that it makes a significant difference in satisfaction gain?, asks Mick Jagger.
The alluring female alien was Tess who wooed Spot's brother Orion. She got interested in him when Spot told her Orion wasn't attracted to humans. They had a son Vasyl and I think Tess is expecting again...
Spook is Spot's son and Toff's brother. He was helping their mother Seema achieve her Big Happy Family by having the 2 sets of twins with Isla Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Hm...Isla is an elder now and Spook is Erratic. It must be hard raising 4 kids...
These family relationships get very confusing and I'm only just starting gen 5!
I haven't noticed any benefits to being Father Winter's Child for Jennie. I haven't been very ambitious for her so it is probably a wasted opportunity.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2023, 05:42:22 PM »
The alluring female alien was Tess who wooed Spot's brother Orion. She got interested in him when Spot told her Orion wasn't attracted to humans. They had a son Vasyl and I think Tess is expecting again...
Spook is Spot's son and Toff's brother. He was helping their mother Seema achieve her Big Happy Family by having the 2 sets of twins with Isla Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Hm...Isla is an elder now and Spook is Erratic. It must be hard raising 4 kids...
These family relationships get very confusing and I'm only just starting gen 5!
I haven't noticed any benefits to being Father Winter's Child for Jennie. I haven't been very ambitious for her so it is probably a wasted opportunity.
I do remember how Spook is related to Toff.
I just don't recall Spook's tryst with a turquoise-skinned alien.
Perhaps that tryst happened off-camera as is often the case with Big Happy Family "shenanigans."

Now, see, if you were Seema, you'd feel obliged to raise an alienboo of every color before your challenge ends. Haha!
Here's a plan for Forgotten Hollow: since your sims can't become vampires, what if they become vampire slayers?
That's actually one of the bloodline options for MarianT's Rival Dynasties Challenge.
So, if you're planning to play that one someday, perhaps skip the vamp slaying in your current dynasty.

Okay, back to my Not So Berry challenge. I'm trying very hard to make progress on that today.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2023, 01:44:51 AM »
Hm...Vampire Slayer...interesting. I am drawn to trying a Rivals Dynasty, not having done rotational play much before...but I mustn't get ahead of myself. Nova's not even an elder yet in her 5th life!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2023, 11:37:50 AM »
Hm...Vampire Slayer...interesting. I am drawn to trying a Rivals Dynasty, not having done rotational play much before...but I mustn't get ahead of myself. Nova's not even an elder yet in her 5th life!
The RDC was one of my favorite dynasty challenges!
I completed it prior to the Discover University, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, and Werewolves packs, so it's the only dynasty challenge that I'm rather intrigued to replay.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.5: Eccentric Confusions
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2023, 01:26:24 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.5: Eccentric Confusions

Nova: I can’t remember if I told you but The Cockney Princess asked her daughter Jennie if she should try for another baby with The Cold Beard. Of course Jennie said yes so she has a little sibling on the way. There’s nothing like mixing up the generations to confuse our Watcher.

5.5.1.jpg

Nova: While toddler Marie sleeps, Toff keeps nipping back to Sixam to check the 3 alien sites to see if he can find the elusive 10th. At last he unearths it – unSixams it – finds it.

5.5.1a.jpg

Seema: What are you doing with all my wonderful animal treats?
Mistoffelees: We haven’t got any animals and they’re just cluttering up my inventory. We thought it would be fun to have a yard sale and meet some new people.
Seema: You should mark them up. Made by me, they’re worth much more!

5.5.4.jpg

Mistoffelees: Look, bro, I know you’re struggling. Isla’s not getting any younger and you just can’t focus.
Spook: But how can I give up one of my children?
Mistoffelees: Don’t look at it as giving them up. See it as giving them all a good start. You can join the family club and be here.
Spook: I couldn’t choose…
Mistoffelees: Well, your girls are about the same age as Marie, so one of them would make sense.
Spook: Norah always seems a bit isolated, what with her blue skin.
Mistoffelees: It must make people curious – you having green skin and Isla having human skin.
Spook: What can I say? We had 3 green-skinned children and 1 blue. Isla’s definitely the mother. Anyway, talking of being curious, what’s going on with your beer-belly. I didn’t know you’d taken up the fizz.
Mistoffelees: Rude!

5.5.5.jpg

Marie: You 2 days older’n me
Norah: Babble
Marie: You no talk? You no think? You no maginate? What you do, all this time?
Norah: Babble
Marie: Mum!!!

5.5.6.jpg

Jennie: Come on, girls, settle down. I want to tell you a story of 2 princess cousins who grew so close that everyone thought they were sisters.
Marie: That you n me, Norah.
Norah: Princesses!
Marie: Yeah!

5.5.7.jpg

Spook: I I I can’t leave you.
Norah: Princesses. Colours
Spook: I feel I’ve let you down
Norah: Love Dada
Spook: I’ll be over here as much as I can.

5.5.9.jpg

Nova: And so our household has grown, adding 1 toddler Norah. But, wait for it…. Our household has grown, adding 1 toddler Norah and 1 baby alien Mac. Yes, he’s an alien, in an alien bassinet, with human skin-tone. Don’t ask me. I’m as confused as the next fella.
Marie: I not happy. See – you can “send back to homeworld”. Do that, Dada. Do that.
Mistoffelees: How can I send this little one away when he’s just like my father? It feels like we’ve come a whole circle.
Marie: Hmphf. I want Norah. I no want Mac.
Mistoffelees: We can have both.

5.5.10.jpg

Choo-Choo: Seema’s got a face like a wet weekend!
Jennie: Seema’s never impressed with anything I do. If it’s good then Toff obviously did it. If it’s not good then clearly I did it. Ah well.
Choo-Choo: But are you OK, Jennie-Wren? You’re all a bit at sixes n sevens.
Jennie: I’m really happy, Mum. Norah’s making really good progress and Marie loves her. Mac was a surprise but we can cope.

5.5.11.jpg

Jennie: Actually, Mum, it’s quite funny. I mean, if you look at it one way, ha ha, Toff, ha ha, has given birth to his, ha ha, uncle, ha ha ha ha.

5.5.12.jpg

Nova: NO! Man in Black go away!
Grim: Sorry Nova. It’s not your time.
Nova: But it’s not Jennie’s time, either. Watcher!
Watcher: I didn’t notice. Oh no! I’m so sorry.
Nova: Do something!
Watcher: No can do, kitty-cat. No life-extensions, remember?
Nova: Jennie!!!!!
Grim: Phooeee – can someone change that baby’s nappy? It’s putting me right off my stroke!

5.5.13.jpg

Mistoffelees: I don’t know what we’ll do, Nova. 3 children to look after. I can hardly bear to even be here.
Nova: Meow.

5.5.14.jpg

Choo-Choo: I should be consoling you, Toff. You’ve lost your soulmate.
Mistoffelees: You’ve lost your daughter. We can get through this.
Choo-Choo: Baby Albert came last night and I just cried and cried.
Mistoffelees: You’ve got Clement…
Choo-Choo: He’s just a big kid, himself.
Mistoffelees: I’ve had a mad thought…you’ve got the vet skills Nova needs. Looking after 4 babies can’t be much harder than looking after 3. Why don’t you move back in, with baby Albert?
Choo-Choo: I thought you wanted to move because this is where Jennie died.
Mistoffelees: I do, but not far. There’s a project Jennie started that I really want to finish for her.

5.5.15.jpg

Seema: I can’t believe it!
Mistoffelees: Don’t make this about you, Mum.
Seema: You asked Jennie’s mother to move in and not me?
Mistoffelees: Not about you, Mum.
Seema: You know I’m the Super Parent, right?
Mistoffelees: Still not about you, Mum.
Seema: Well, I suppose I’ll just have to muddle by, but it’s like tying my hands behind my back, Toff!
Mistoffelees: That’s the spirit, Mum!

5.5.16.jpg

Norah: This fun!
Marie: You fun, now.
Norah: Baby Mac smelly poo poo.
Marie: Baby Albert smell poo poo.
Norah: Look. Shells!

5.5.18.jpg

Nova: I love it on the beach, still in Tartosa. It’s like one giant sandpit. I still do my business in the litter tray, of course! I’m not that much of a natural cat. But it’s good for rolling in and prowling on. The 2 toddlers aged into girls. And the 2 babies aged into toddlers. And, after The Cockney Princess cured my problem with burning feet, I became a wise old elder cat.

5.5.20.jpg

Mistoffelees: Once upon a time there were 2 princes who had a complicated relationship but grew so close that people thought they were brothers.

5.5.22.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 5; Elder; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

5.5.nova.jpg

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cat Companions

Current Household: Beach, Tartosa
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life, Academic; Bonus Collections: Space Rocks, Crystals, Elements
Generation 4
Mistoffolees Leonine
: Alien hybrid Spellcaster; Young Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As; Collections - Aliens
Albert Leonine: Father Winter’s Baby; toddler
Generation 5
Marie Leonine
: Spellcaster Child; Cat Lover
Norah Leonine: Child; Loves-Outdoors
Mac Leonine: Alien Toddler

L-to-R: Nova, Toff holding Mac, Marie, Choo-Choo holding Albert, Norah
5.5.family.jpg

Notes

Phew – I need a long lie-down in a darkened room. I was sorry to see Jennie go but she had rather defined herself as a rebel against her over-bearing mother-on-law and never got the chance to develop her true personality.

Mac’s is named for….wait and see…or have a guess. I have absolutely no idea why he has human skin tone. I thought all aliens had different tones.

I love all the Sims in my current household so goodness knows how I’m going to divide my time between them! I’ve changed things up a bit and decided that all these kids will join the drama group rather than scouts. I do wonder if Toff will ever get the chance to develop his spellcraft.

All the household moves were done using “Ask to move in” not through household management.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 5.5: Eccentric Confusions
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2023, 01:50:45 PM »
Are you sure Mac is an alien?
Mistoffelees is a spellcaster.  Heart Foam has done some pretty crazy research.  He's come to a few conclusions:
Occult + different occult = always one occult or the other.
Spellcaster + alien abduction seems to always produce spellcasters.
On rare occasions, the game makes a mistake and creates a hybrid.  So... alien AND spellcaster.  There's a mod to stabilize that so it actually works, without it those hybrids are pretty buggy.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2023, 02:23:06 PM »
Are you sure Mac is an alien?
Mistoffelees is a spellcaster.  Heart Foam has done some pretty crazy research.  He's come to a few conclusions:
Occult + different occult = always one occult or the other.
Spellcaster + alien abduction seems to always produce spellcasters.
On rare occasions, the game makes a mistake and creates a hybrid.  So... alien AND spellcaster.  There's a mod to stabilize that so it actually works, without it those hybrids are pretty buggy.
Ooh - that's exciting.
He was born in hospital (I didn't join) and appeared on the home lot in an alien basinet. I've just realised that he didn't cry like an alien while he was a nooboo. I'll check his inventory to see if he has the crystal spellcaster thing that Marie was born with and get back to you :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2023, 02:33:29 PM »
Also, their needs icon when their needs are currently good.  Each occult gets their own, spellcasters get a little book.
I have a household where my spellcaster had Greg's baby.  I need to get back to that, that baby had a spellcaster bassinet but aged up to a werewolf toddler.  She might need me to go get that stabilizer mod...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2023, 06:50:02 PM »
Oh no, Jennie! Playful sims need constant vigilance--I really hate how much time we need to spend monitoring our sims to prevent Death by Hysteria.
Poor Jennie, she finally escapes the clutches of her mother-in-law but doesn't get to enjoy her newfound freedom.  Rest in peace, Jennie. *grabs a tissue
It is comforting for both Spot and Choo-Choo to combine their households.
What a shock, though! My condolences, Watcher.

Prior to Heart Foam's research, Carl gave percentages of the different human/alien, human/non-alien occult, and alien/occult combos in one of his guides (which I can't find right now).
When a male occult is abducted, there's a 50/50 chance of the offspring being either a 100% alien or the other life state.
In my Big Dreams Dynasty, my spellcaster gave birth to a full alien with Sr Pollinator Technician #3's skin tone.
Heart Foam's experiment resulted in a mix of (a) full aliens and (b) spellcasters with the alien skin tone, he mentions roughly half of the offspring were aliens.

Still, I'm really curious about Norah and Mac's skin tones. I've had an alien hybrid (but never a full alien) with a human-like complexion.
My by-abduction alienboos have always assumed the complexion of the current Senior Pollinator Technician #3.
I've seen different SPT #3 aliens in a single challenge, resulting in by-abduction alienboos with different skin tones.
But you implied that Spot and Mac had the same "mother."
If that were my game, I'd immediately conclude my mods were causing the issue, haha.
But you don't use mods, so the source of Norah and Mac's unexpected skin tones is so mysterious.
Let us know what you learn about that!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2023, 02:44:38 AM »
Thanks for your condolences, @oshizu It was quite a shock when Jennie collapsed. It does put me off making nice houses for my Sims. They only have to get one Playful buff from being with someone they're close to and then the environment buffs ramp it into hysteria! Having a full house also means I don't spot it quickly. I only had 4 this time but was concentrating on the cute interactions between Marie & Norah.
I haven't checked Mac's mother yet. Jennie just assumed it was SPT3 during her hysterical fit. I'll check that and Mac will age up to a child in the next episode which might be illuminating. Currently, apart from the alien bassinet, he could be human.
Just to confirm...I'm still a mod-phobe...no mod shenanigans here  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2023, 08:19:55 AM »
Poor Jennie!  Poor everyone, actually.  And yes, what a horrid betrayal that Seema wasn't moved back in  ;=)
I'm glad that Norah joined the house!  What a sweet little blue darling to add some literal and metaphorical color to the household  ;=)  Having her as a princess best pal for Marie is fantastic!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.1: Hunting For Gerbils
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2023, 12:26:33 PM »
A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.1: Hunting For Gerbils

Nova: Yet another toddler imitating me. Mac does a fair job and manages not to get frustrated. Marie is getting fit by playing a computer game.
Watcher: If only!

6.1.1.jpg

Nova: Toff obsessively digs in the sand. He’s so single-minded about it that he hardly practices any magic.
Mistoffelees: I will find every last one. I will! Maybe she left a message for me…

6.1.2.jpg

Norah: Come on, Marie! Tell me another joke !
Marie : I don’t understand why you’re not playful. I think you’re just too happy being outside.
Norah: I know Watcher didn’t want us to be Self-Assured so that we aren’t Confident all the time. Go on! One more joke.
Marie: Why are pirates so naughty?
Norah: I don’t know. Why are pirates so naughty?
Marie: Because they just Arrrrghhh!
Norah: Ha ha! That’s the one!
Marie: Hey, let’s be Partners in Crime!
Norah: Yeah!

6.1.3.jpg

Nova: We go to visit Norah’s birth home.
Marie: Wow, Norah, you came from a mansion!
Isla: Norah! How I’ve missed you!
Norah: Me too, Mum! I’ve brought Nova and Marie to meet you.
Nova: Meow.
Marie: Norah’s lucky to have a Mum.
Norah: And I’m lucky to have you, too, Marie.

6.1.5.jpg

Norah: Hey sis, let’s show everyone how different we are.
Cherish: I’ll just hide my red hair so I don’t get drawn into your household. I’ve heard the Watcher has a thing for redheads.
Norah: Oh, she’s got Maria. You’re safe.
Watcher: Maybe…

6.1.6.jpg

Nova: One thing our family like doing is meditating and yoga. Spooks is getting pretty good at the handstands. Seema just uses it as an excuse for a hug. I’m good with that.

6.1.8.jpg

Nova: When we get a notification that the baby turtles are hatching we take the Tom Toddlers to see them. The Princesses are at school of course. Toff runs into a spellcaster and tries for a duel. It doesn’t go well but the Tom Toddlers have fun playing in the sand. They even find some shells.

6.1.9a.jpg

Nova: The Cold Beard joins us and has a smooch with the Cockney Princess.
Albert: Mama?
Choo-Choo: This ‘ere’s yer ol’ man, Albie. Come and say allo!
Albert: Dada?
Clement: Oh – little man! You give good hugs.
Choo-Choo: Don’t ‘e, tho? Almost helps me forget our Jennie…
Clement: Almost…

6.1.13.jpg

Nova: The Cockney Princess distracts herself from getting too sad and finally finds that last shell we’ve been looking for.

6.1.14.jpg

Nova: Back home and Marie comes back from school all disappointed because their prank to sell fake test answers failed. They plan something else for tomorrow – Norah’s plan this time.

6.1.16.jpg

Mac: You my Dada?
Mistoffelees: Yes son, I’m your Dada.
Mac: Who my mama?
Mistoffelees: Not 100% sure, son, but you’re definitely my son.

6.1.15.jpg

Nova: Toff is desperate to read a book at the library so he takes a break from digging in the sand and does that while the Cockney Princess reads a story to the Tom Toddlers. Then, a certain “call of the wild” overcomes me so we all troop off to the Salty Paws, my favourite hook-up place. Toff has brought a cake because it’s time the Toms aged up. After Mac ages up but before Albert can, not one but two people pick a fight with Toff. Mac doesn’t seem phased at all. In fact, he’s quite interested. Finally, the Cockney Princess manages to get Albert to blow out his candles and we get out of there before another fight starts.

6.1.18a.jpg

Nova: We get home to find the Princesses exultant about the food fight they started. So Marie comes up with another plot.

6.1.17.jpg

Nova: The next few days are a bit fuzzy. Yes, it’s that time again. I get so slow and tired as an elder that I almost welcome it.

6.1.23.jpg

Mac: Have you heard this juicy piece of gossip?
Grim: Er – oh – that’s very interesting. You’re a strange young man.
Mac: I’m only a kid, really, but I’ve got plans…
Grim: Nice to meet you. Must be going.
Mac: That’s OK. It’s nearly time for school anyway.

6.1.24.jpg

Mac: Hey guys, I know it’s sad about Nova, and all but let’s take a moment…it’s our first day of school altogether.
Albert: Yeah – sure.
Marie: Whatever.

6.1.25.jpg

Norah: We’re nearly too sad to release the gerbils but Marie thought it might cheer everyone up.
Mac: When they came running through our class the teacher had a fit.
Albert: That was a good prank.
Marie: Why thank you, kindly.
Mac: We should become Partners in Crime too, Albie.
Albie: OK

6.1.18.jpg

Mistoffelees: I’m so glad you came tonight, Jennie. I got the last bottle today.
Jennie-Ghost: I didn’t write you a message, Toff. There wasn’t time.
Mistoffelees: I know that now, Jennie, but I completed your collection, just in time for my birthday.
Jennie: I loved you, Toff.
Mistoffelees: I still love you, Jennie.

6.1.26.jpg

Choo-Choo: Why would you want to up-sticks?
Mistoffelees: I’ve completed the bottle collection for Jennie but now I want to achieve something for myself. You saw how rubbish I was at duelling. If I want to get anywhere, I’ve got to get serious.
Choo-Choo: You need to stop getting into rumbles, that’s what.
Mistoffelees: Please Choo-Choo?
Choo-Choo: Alright. I can knit there as well as anywhere. And we’ll need the sweaters!

6.1.31.jpg

Marie: As soon as we arrive, Dad throws a birthday party for me and Norah.
Norah: I didn’t think we had parties
Marie: Dad thought we could have this one to settle into our new pad, Rock Ridge Canyon in Glimmerbrook.
Norah: Your Dad thinks a lot of things but Albie’s Dad doesn’t like them. He picked a fight with your Dad twice.
Marie: I don’t know what that’s about.
Norah: Oh no! I’ve just found out that my mum has died. I invited her but she never made it!
Marie: I didn’t think she was that old. I’m so sorry, Norah.
Norah: Now neither of us has a Mum.
Marie: We’ve got each other. Let’s blow out our candles. This doesn’t feel like a gold standard party, what with the fights and deaths, but it is.

6.1.32a.jpg

Norah: Happy Birthday, Marie
Marie: Happy Birthday, Norah. Just as well that Watcher went straight to CAS to plan our formal outfits.
Norah: I didn’t expect to go to Prom 1 hour after aging up. What a strange day.
Marie: You said it, sis. And Dad reckons Nova will return when we get home tonight too.
Norah: A really strange day.

6.1.36.jpg

Cat: Nova; Female German Rex; Life 6; Kitten; Prowler, Curious, Fluffy

6.1.Nova.jpg

Progress

Cat Companions

Current Household: Rock Ridge Canyon, Glimmerbrook
Generation 3
Choo-Choo Leonine
: Adult; Family-Oriented, Good, Socially Awkward; 2 As; Aspirations achieved – Goal Oriented, Beach Life, Academic; Bonus Collections: Space Rocks, Crystals, Elements, Shells
Generation 4
Mistoffolees Leonine: Alien hybrid Spellcaster; Adult; Neat, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple; 2 As; Collections – Aliens, Message Bottles
Albert Leonine: Father Winter’s Baby; Child; Good
Generation 5
Marie Leonine
: Spellcaster (weak bloodline); Teen; Cat Lover, Jealous; 1 A
Norah Leonine: hybrid; Loves-Outdoors, Erratic; 1 A
Mac Leonine: (weak bloodline)

L-to-R: Norah, Toff, Mac holding Nova, Choo-Choo wearing her own hand-knitted sweater, Marie, Albert
6.1.family.jpg

Notes

Random people keep picking fights with Toff. It's happened since he
a) picked a fight with the ghost receptionist at the hospital in order to cure his fear of ghosts and
b) had his first spellcaster duel
I don't know if either of these are the triggering factor. His reputation is pretty good so that's not the problem

Mac aged up with a weak spellcaster bloodline, which he had as a toddler, but he is not a spellcaster. His mother is indeed SPT#3 but she is a different colour to the SPT#3 who was Spot's mother.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 142936.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-25 142901.jpg

Is this glitchy or just what happens? We shall see how he ages... I hope you're not too confused by our blended family. It was very interesting which teens the girls could flirt with at Prom...

Nova did indeed reappear just as the girls got home from Prom so we enter her 6th life.

The title - hunting for mice (not gerbils) is the the Mr Mistoffelees poem

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2023, 01:11:37 PM »
Marie and Norah aged up into lovely teens!
How funny that the tested their family relationships by seeing who they could flirt with at Prom. ROFL!
Welcome back, Nova!

About Toff's constant fighting, have you checked his Magic panel?
I bet he has the "Curse of Unwarranted Hostility."
Here's the description: For some reason everyone just wants to be mean to you and even start fights with you.

There are 3 ways to get rid of this curse:
(1) Buy a Potion of Curse Cleansing at the Casters Alley's Potion Shop (it's not always available, though);
(2) Learn the Potion of Curse Cleansing recipe at the Adept rank (be sure to keep copies of it for future casters)
(3) Learn the Decurseify spell in the Untamed Magic category, also at Adept rank.
Once a sim is cursed, it will never wear off without drinking the above Potion and using the above spell.  Good luck!

Magic dueling: I always wait until I'm at least an Adept before I attempt to win duels.
Before dueling, I have my sims check if they can "offer magical training" to the other spellcaster.
If yes, the other spellcaster is of lower rank than my sim.  A possible victory!

It's possible for a sim to have a Bloodline trait without being a spellcaster. Such a sim won't have a Glimmerstone in personal inventory.
Curious that Mac has fair complexion instead of green or violet. 
Toff is an alien hybrid, though, so the odds for Mac to be an alien hybrid or full alien are 50/50. He can't assume a disguise, though, so he's a hybrid, right?
Haha, sorry for the long comments. It's such a fascinating topic!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2023, 02:30:05 PM »
About Toff's constant fighting, have you checked his Magic panel?
I bet he has the "Curse of Unwarranted Hostility."
Here's the description: For some reason everyone just wants to be mean to you and even start fights with you.

There are 3 ways to get rid of this curse:
(1) Buy a Potion of Curse Cleansing at the Casters Alley's Potion Shop (it's not always available, though);
(2) Learn the Potion of Curse Cleansing recipe at the Adept rank (be sure to keep copies of it for future casters)
(3) Learn the Decurseify spell in the Untamed Magic category, also at Adept rank.
Once a sim is cursed, it will never wear off without drinking the above Potion and using the above spell.  Good luck!

Magic dueling: I always wait until I'm at least an Adept before I attempt to win duels.
Before dueling, I have my sims check if they can "offer magical training" to the other spellcaster.
If yes, the other spellcaster is of lower rank than my sim.  A possible victory!
Thanks so much for the curse advice. He did get that from trying to brew a potion and, at the time, I thought "oh I wonder what to do about that" and then completely forgot about it. I'm such a newb!

The duelling advice is really welcome too. Toff is an Adept and now they're in Glimmerbrook, getting some training and more potions/spells while the kids are at school should be possible.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: A Twitch of a Tale (Nine Lives Dynasty) 6.1: Hunting For Gerbils
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2023, 04:08:13 PM »
So have you figured out what Mac is yet?  It would be obvious in CAS.  And simple enough in-game too-- make him the active sim, get his needs all green, and the icon will tell you.  Humans just get a happy face, aliens get some sort of portal thing, spellcasters get a spellbook.

anything