Author Topic: Paintings of the World  (Read 11210 times)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
Re: Paintings of the World
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2023, 09:18:29 PM »
Vicenta Van Gogh finished with her Top Ten Value of §88,419.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 10:27:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

My Sim, Nina Paint, had a Top Ten total of §36,563.

This challenge was a lot of fun!

Thanks team 8).

Coolsim

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2023, 10:36:37 PM »
Denise Masters painted 57,579 simoleans worth of paintings. As usual, I learned new things and had fun doing it. Thanks to the Challenge team.
Cynthia

Offline Rubypanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2023, 11:23:02 PM »
My sim Jan Luna had a total earning of 79810. All she did was eat, sleep paint lol. This was so fun! I cant wait for the next challenge

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2023, 12:35:36 PM »
Gem Houston completed her top-ten paintings with earnings of §44052

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2023, 11:11:15 AM »
This event ends Sunday night. Let's keep the significant participation going this season. Good luck finishing up.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2023, 01:10:15 AM »
Definitely not my best effort, but top 10 paintings total is 17,767

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2023, 04:14:07 AM »
Pianty Overachiever has put down her brush finishing her gallery with a value of 85615 simoleons

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2023, 07:36:25 AM »
I should have practiced. I had an epiphany about what I should've done around half way through but unfortunately it was too late by that point.

Total - 30,939

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2023, 07:33:33 PM »
This was really fun! My top ten paintings total is 82,148.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2023, 02:00:40 AM »
This took longer than I thought it would - so I had to stop early.
But at this point, Arti Sta's paintings total 79,863

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2023, 05:55:30 AM »
This event is now closed.

Vesper and mismck have quite a battle going between the two of them so far this season. mismck won the first event, and Vesper came in second. This time around two weeks later, we have Vesper winning and mismck in second. So, with how I restructured the world ranking, those two will be tied at the top. How exciting. :)

Thanks to all 19 participants, and congrats to Vesper.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2023, 10:49:37 AM »
Had a lot of fun with this one. Priority was to get all the positive influences possible on to painting values (skill, character traits, easel quality, lot trait, aspiration rewards) and just churn out as many paintings as possible for the RNG to provide high values.

Barbara Art (named after my favourite artist Barbara Kruger) is Creative (for inspired mood), Perfectionist (makes higher quality items), and cheerful (mood boost). She moved into Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs with the lot traits natural light (to boost painting skill learning), home studio (for better quality paintings), and study spot (boost to all skills). She built a 5x2 microhome for the skill and relationship boosts. Inside were two rooms one with toilet, one with shower. Outside we had a bookcase, chess table, stereo, some extra seating, and of course an easel.

Step one, as with so many challenges, join the Good Timers for the Rally the Troops club perk. This was changed to the Art Timers (although Barbara was the only one who did any art). Members were swapped out for townie singles. Club activities were chess, dancing, being friendly, reading books. These were swapped around occasionally as needs be - for example showering to avoid members leaving the lot. The club was almost always on throughout the challenge. Perks bought (not in order) were Networked club (for promotions at work), inspired vibes up to the max, one level of romantic vibes for dates, painting skill boost, logic skill boost.

Priority for day one was to get enough aspiration points to buy Connections to get a boost to starting the painter career. This is because the best easel, Deluxe All-Season Easel, is a career reward for level eight Master of the Real branch. Barbara switched between aspirations; Painter Extraordinaire, Soulmate (hence making a club of eligible singles - Nina Caliente turned up feeling flirty so they wooed and married day one), Renaissance Sim (first level only), Leader of the Pack, Family ones (just the 75 points for spending 1k on childrens stuff), and Fabulously Wealthy. Plus want points for listening to the music she likes and flirting/ being friendly etc. She got the 3000 points by Monday afternoon so that her first day at work as level 4 painter was Tuesday. Of course we would also buy the wishing well and time wishes for promotion so that she reached level eight in good time to spend most of the second week painting. This is also why the chess tables as the career required some logic skill. The wishing well is also risky so I was lucky that all the wishes were positive or neutral which didn't slow the career progress.

What was interesting was that the first five or six masterpieces on the Deluxe All-Season Easel level eight easel were all lower value than my top five or six from the Easy-Breezy Easel (career reward for level four) so I sold it and bought that one again. But then I swapped back with a few days left and am glad because that's when I got the top few valued paintings. I tried painting in several locations but none matched the home one with the lot traits so club members were rotated out once I had a high value portrait of someone. Bjorn Bergsen had five or six paintings of him done and none were much value. Johnny Zest's portraits were higher value when he was frowning. Dominic Fyres's portrait, despite not looking thrilled at posing for it, came out with a 9k value painting on first try (with the Easy-Breezy Easel!). It was interesting to experiment but the main thing was numbers.

Even with top skills, traits, and easel some masterpieces were still coming out valued under 4k so Barbara was kept busy, painting day and night - 64 eligible paintings in total. She only went to work when a promotion was due and then used vacation days.

Barbara's top 10 paintings
Salim Benali 10,688
Nina Caliente 9,743
Johnny Zest 9,464
Justin Delgato 9,398
Dominic Fyres 9,336
Zoe Patel 9,003
Agave Abode 8,586
Diego Lobo 8,200
Nancy Landgraab 8,126
Supriya Delgato 7,138

Hope that's enough info. So much relied on chance with this one I'm sure many other participants had an identical or better strategy just not as good luck.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2023, 11:19:11 AM »

Salim Benali 10,688

Wow! That is awesome. I did not have a masterpiece that popped out that high. Great strategy and write-up, Vesper.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2023, 01:17:20 PM »

Salim Benali 10,688

Wow! That is awesome. I did not have a masterpiece that popped out that high.

I don't think I have before this challenge. Even with more profitable painting types I've not often got over 10k