Author Topic: 23 Upgrades for '23  (Read 9880 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 23 Upgrades for '23
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2023, 01:54:41 PM »
I did not go to meet Bjorn to take over his club. I was simply a member of the club - the cool thing is that in the club I create I can use Rally the Troops just because I belong to the Good Timers Club.

Of course! Join the club from the list then takeover from him at a gathering (do I even need to do this to get rally the troops?) Why was I doing it the hard way? Well it saved my buying a computer for the upgrade parts I suppose.

Paddywack's Emporium: the neon sign is right next to the door on the outside of the building and says "OPEN" - the trick is you have to click on it and turn it off before the option to upgrade is available.

Thanks for this. Now the challenge is over I'll have her pop back and try out the upgrade.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2023, 06:19:51 PM »
I did not go to meet Bjorn to take over his club. I was simply a member of the club - the cool thing is that in the club I create I can use Rally the Troops just because I belong to the Good Timers Club.

Of course! Join the club from the list then takeover from him at a gathering (do I even need to do this to get rally the troops?) Why was I doing it the hard way? Well it saved my buying a computer for the upgrade parts I suppose.

Don't need to take over the club - you will have access to Rally the Troops in your own club just by being a member of the Good Timers - it is a really cool perk  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2023, 07:41:16 PM »
I did many of the same things (tiny house, clubs), except that as soon as she hit level 2 and upgraded the toilet, I left home and took the club with me.  For the most part, I upgraded public lots - but a few times, she upgraded things in club members' houses so that they wouldn't complain. I also bought a laptop and took that with me in case I ran out of upgrade parts.

* Apartments are glitching out for me at the moment. Otherwise I think doing the second upgrade on the Feng's triangle bath (had either of them appeared in the group pool) might have been quicker than a talking toilet upgrade in Stargazer Lounge for the Uptown neighbourhood

For apartments, I have to go to the lot, toggle the walls down, toggle the walls all the way up, knock, go in, and only then do they work. Otherwise, the doors just aren't there.  But I ended up doing toilet upgrades in San Myshuno and fabricator upgrades in Evergreen Harbor. 

* Was setting being friendly as a club activity a bad idea? Sometimes her clubmates talked to her while she was upgrading and this might have slowed her down a little.

"Be Friendly," "Be Funny" are my typical club activities. (oh, and "clean" if I'm going to hang out on the home lot)

Having more packs definitely helped, still a lot of the upgrades are hard to find in the wild.  I think I would have done better if I'd timed the upgrades, had a better plan, and not forgotten upgrades that I'd intended to do.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2023, 08:57:52 AM »
I never use the clubs.  She took the class Sunday morning to learn handiness to level 2 and then she just started going to houses.  She would knock, go in and upgrade something, then leave.  She would use the computer in the house to order more parts.  No one ever complained except the one time she tried to take a shower.  She was a vampire so the only need that had to be handled was hunger and that won't kill them.  She only had to feed once and the rest of the time she was confident/very confident which overpowered the hunger.  I made a list of the individual upgrades so she would do the simplest one at each house but would also check to see if that house had something other than sink, toilet, shower, tub.  She didn't do any computer upgrades, just bathroom and kitchen items plus the fireplace.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2023, 01:51:20 PM »
Hirving Andinez finished his 23rd upgrade on Tuesday at 3:46 am of the first week, which means it took him 2626 minutes.

Whoa. Somehow I missed this score. I am so sorry. I'll have to update the leaderboard and the world ranking. My bad. :)

anything