Author Topic: WCIF: A mod that shorten the waiting times at restaurants?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
WCIF: A mod that shorten the waiting times at restaurants?
« on: December 18, 2022, 05:07:40 AM »
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this is the right time and place but I still want to ask. There is a thing that have annoyed me ever since I installed the Dine Out pack and that is that the service staff at the restaurants are extremely slow. I.E. yesterday when I had Mr Johny Zest, his girlfriend and a friend traveling to Newcrest for the "night on the town" event. The three did arrive early evening and did get their food a quarter to midnight!  So is there a mod that can cut this time or that makes the staff  focus on my sims first hand? As you might know my installs are not on the most recent patch levels so if there is an older mod I'm very OK with it.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: WCIF: A mod that shorten the waiting times at restaurants?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 06:11:40 PM »
Carl created a Dine Out mod that might help with shorter wait times at restaurants. 

New Features in Dine Out Reloaded v3.2
https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-features-in-75652532

He may have an older version still available, we can ask if you'd like?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 12:52:20 AM »
I did check the mod and it seemed to be useful. It did not say anything about cutting the time. But at least the guests do get an apologize for waiting so long. Yeah, feel free to ask if a older version is available.  :)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 11:32:53 AM »
Hello again.

Sorry for the late reply but I had other things to focus on.  :)

Anyway, the other day I decided to check for some gameplay videos of this mod and I did (of course) find some on Youtube. The y-tuber was very annoying but most of them seems to be like that (WHY?!) so I did try not to focus on that. the video did show some very good features (at least for playing a sim owned restaurant) so I thought it could be a good idea for NPC owned restaurants too. So I downloaded and installed it in my most updated install (being a non Patreon I had to stick to the free 3.1 version). In game play I did let a family visit a restaurant and it feel like the mod did some "magic" in game. The waiter did focus on my sims and were very effective serving the food and removing the empty plates and glasses. So I thought I was looking at a complete success... But!...

...Then I did discover that my sims no longer could interact with sims outside their own family. They could greet people knocking at their door but not talk to anyone on the street because every time I tried they throw a routing problem and the action cancelled with the "walk by sim" claiming they needed to leave. I did send a sim to a nearby park but it was not possible for her to talk to other sims there either. And this is a big issue...  :(

...So I did remove the mod and launched the game again. Now my sims could talk to other sims again so it must have been a bug.  This can be a result of the mod clashing with something else or being incompatible with my game so I do not blame Carl, the mod maker for this things. But if you have any experience with this, please leave a comment. I did delete the mod from my mods folder but I did keep the log file in case someone want's to see it (off topic or in an other thread).