Author Topic: My sim always dress in athletic wear - I might know why...  (Read 2024 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
My sim always dress in athletic wear - I might know why...
« on: November 23, 2022, 01:23:40 PM »
Hello everyone!

So I come to think of something today and I post my thought here so I can get feedback on it (without starting a "Help" thread, that is...).

As you might remember from this post: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20946.msg518553#msg518553 (post#1101 if the link does not guide you right) I had a problem with a sim always walking around in her athletic gear. And I  thought it was some sort of a bug and it surely can be... But the I did remember something I did read about a long time ago. Something about a addition to a patch that did not allow sims to get to fat. Sims that did grow "to large" was sort forced to work out and the theory that I have is that this have happen to Nina. As you can see in the 2:nd pic she is a little chubby but maybe not chubby enough for being forced to go jogging or visit the gym (I might have seen her there but can not remember everything that happens to NPC's during game play). That said I don't know if I have the patch, my game have not been patched for about two years, but it is possible that it's in there... As said, it's just a theory... But is this possible? Nina is the only sim I have with the "Lazy" traits. Not true, the 2:nd one but the other female is a "Loner" she she never or very rarely get seen anywhere in the game...  :-\
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My sim always dress in athletic wear - I might know why...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 03:10:12 PM »
I have read where Sims with certain traits will act or dress a certain way, so you're theory maybe correct.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 01:11:48 PM »
OK, thank you. I do think she began to dress like this just a while ago (and this save is a few years old). What is the best way to try to solve this issue? To change her trait i CAS Fulleditmode (all her friends have to learn to know her again) or change her athletic wear so it's equal to her everyday wear (that would look funny if she do visit a gym as an NPC) or do I have to make her do exercise (I like her the way she is)?

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 02:12:49 PM »
I'm thinking changing the trait would be the best way to resolve the issue. If you don't want to do that, go with your idea of changing her athletic wear to something like her everyday wear. 

Or change both her Everyday and Athletic so if she wants to go to the gym she doesn't quite look as funny working out.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 03:48:52 PM »
@ModHunter
Removing a trait in CAS only removes the trait from the sim's trait list but doesn't remove the effects of the trait.
For example, if you simply remove the Lazy trait in CAS, the sim in question will still feel tense after doing too many chores.

To completely remove a trait, you'll need to use the traist.remove_trait cheat. 
You'll find a detailed explanation in the "Trait, Reward & Aspiration Reward Cheats" section of Carl's guide at the link below:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

(Remember to turn on TestingCheats before typing in the traits.remove_trait cheat.)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 01:44:29 PM »
Yes, I think you have been pointing it out before that removing traits in CAS is quite useless. The problem is that I did not remember it when making the post. But I will try to keep it in mind next time.  :) OK, so while that is not a good route there is a mod. But I want to try to fix it without mods first. But can I do that?

(By the way, how does it work with a "profile mention" like that)?

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 05:23:50 PM »
Here's some information on the mention system.

Mention/Tag System
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23920.msg415587#msg415587

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 06:14:01 PM »
thank you. I just asked out of interest as I got tagged myself. Now we can return to the topic.  :)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »
I have not been playing the Caliente family since my last post so I took the decision to switch out Nina's athletic wear to the same clothing she normally wears. It's a fast "work around" but It works for now.  :)

anything