Author Topic: The Nine Lives Dynasty  (Read 8992 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Nine Lives Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2023, 09:50:43 AM »
Granny -- I let the team know about your posts. Hopefully, someone will get back to you soon.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »
Granny -- I let the team know about your posts. Hopefully, someone will get back to you soon.
Thanks  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 05:26:24 PM »
Regarding the Museum Paintings
- 9 paintings of your pet (one from each life), including at least one from each life stage (kitten, adult, elder)

- I got 3 paintings of my cat's first life, not being sure which one I would use, before she died. When she was resurrected, she came back as an elder. So...if she's only ever going to come back as an elder and we're not allowed other life-extensions (age-down treats?) how can I have both kitten and adult (which can only be from her first life) within the 9 paintings that are 1 from each life? (I hope I've explained my question clearly - it is a bit confusing)

Thanks in advance

Granny,

Once the cat has been resurrected, then the age down treats can be used to get them back to kitten.  So, they have to die and be resurrected and then immediately aged down to kitten.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Teresa
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2023, 05:40:04 PM »
Also, 2 more queries:
- regarding the "at least 24 hours (continuous) in 9 different worlds, is it OK to book a vacation for 1 day and rely on the game auto-ending the vacation after 24 hours or should they extend the vacation just to make sure?

- regarding the museum item of unique level 9 career rewards, these are usually in the household inventory so can only be added to an off-site museum artificially, when level 9 has been achieved. Is there a work-around for this or does the museum have to be on the home lot? Apologies for my lack of experience with museums...

Many thanks in advance

For the 24 continuous hours, I would say the 1 day vacation would work.  My experience has been that the vacation ends 24 hours after it starts so that would qualify.

For the museum question, I don't have any experience with offsite museums so someone will get back to you on that one.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2023, 02:32:23 AM »
Thanks @Teresa - That's really helpful. Nova will get her treats ASAP  :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2023, 04:22:22 AM »
Sorry to bother you again, team, but I need advice.

I've gone back to my file and realise that my cat Nova has already spent 3 days since her first resurrection as an elder. I believe that is the length of a normal kitten life-stage. Do I:

- age her down twice to kitten and write off the previous 3 days (although the family circumstances have moved on in that time)?
- age her down once to an adult and assign those days as her kitten stage?
- declare this attempt a DNF in terms of the Hall of Fame and restart (with added experience & planning)?
- some other option that I can't think of?

Thanks

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2023, 06:46:17 AM »
Sorry to bother you again, team, but I need advice.

I've gone back to my file and realise that my cat Nova has already spent 3 days since her first resurrection as an elder. I believe that is the length of a normal kitten life-stage. Do I:

- age her down twice to kitten and write off the previous 3 days (although the family circumstances have moved on in that time)?
- age her down once to an adult and assign those days as her kitten stage?
- declare this attempt a DNF in terms of the Hall of Fame and restart (with added experience & planning)?
- some other option that I can't think of?

Thanks

Any of the above would be fine, Granny. It's your call.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2023, 07:03:30 AM »
Thanks Tom :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 10:50:10 AM »
Regarding being on a different world for 24 consecutive hours, Sixam isn't on the drop down list in the spreadsheet. Is this an oversight or does it not qualify?

Nova didn't like Sixam and she couldn't Prowl but she made it to just over 24 hours with her two alien Companions.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2023, 07:09:30 PM »
Regarding being on a different world for 24 consecutive hours, Sixam isn't on the drop down list in the spreadsheet. Is this an oversight or does it not qualify?

Nova didn't like Sixam and she couldn't Prowl but she made it to just over 24 hours with her two alien Companions.

Granny, I believe this is just an oversight.  There isn't any reason to exclude it so it can be included.  I think we just didn't think about Sixam at all :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2023, 03:03:26 AM »

Granny, I believe this is just an oversight.  There isn't any reason to exclude it so it can be included.  I think we just didn't think about Sixam at all :)
Thanks @Teresa

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2023, 07:56:18 AM »
As I'm exploring the Realm of Magic pack, I understand that one of my household could bind their cat as their familiar. I have no experience of doing this but websites say something about "protecting them from death".
I just want to check - I'm assuming this falls under the life-extension clause and so is not allowed?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2023, 05:15:43 PM »
As I'm exploring the Realm of Magic pack, I understand that one of my household could bind their cat as their familiar. I have no experience of doing this but websites say something about "protecting them from death".
I just want to check - I'm assuming this falls under the life-extension clause and so is not allowed?

I asked the team for feedback and have not heard back yet, but I would go with your assumption for now. Do not have a spellcaster bind the cat.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2023, 06:38:16 AM »
Do university A’s count for that requirement, or does it have to be grade or high school?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2023, 07:09:16 AM »
Do university A’s count for that requirement, or does it have to be grade or high school?

When I hear the word "school," it covers all schools, no matter how elementary or advanced -- i.e., grade school vs. medical school. So, I see no reason why university A's should not fall under that blanket. I'll let the team know about your question, and if they feel different, we'll let you know.

anything