Author Topic: The Nine Lives Dynasty  (Read 9006 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Nine Lives Dynasty
« on: November 13, 2022, 04:39:34 PM »
The Sims 4 Nine Lives Dynasty

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
The team presents the Nine Lives Dynasty. This new challenge takes its name from it being our ninth Sims 4 Dynasty, as well as the central role your faithful cat will serve. You may be familiar with the expression, "Cats have nine lives." With each successful resurrection of your cat, your targeted Sim will be granted a Reward Store trait making your arduous Dynasty journey a bit more manageable.

Setting up Your File and General Rules
  • Lifespan: Normal. All other options = default settings.
  • Environment and pack settings = player's choice.
  • The Cats and Dogs expansion is required.
  • In CAS, create one Young Adult (any life state).
  • You will need to complete 9 requirements, one for each of your cat's lives, and build a museum holding 9 types of items to complete this Dynasty.
  • When you have completed the first requirement (reach level 9 of the veterinary skill) you can adopt a cat. This is the only pet you may add to your household.
  • No other household additions are allowed until your kitten becomes an Adult. After that, you may add Sims to the household and remove Sims from the household through any means available in live mode. (not through Manage Households).
  • No life extension is allowed except for resurrecting your pet.
  • No early age-ups for your cat; early age-up is at your discretion for other Sims.
  • No restrictions on lot choice or moving.
  • Your Nine Lives pet must be allowed to age naturally and pass away.
  • You can then invite your Ghost Pet to join the household.
  • Your household must earn each resurrection by completing another requirement. Each requirement can be done only once.
  • Once the cat has been resurrected, then the age down treats can be used to get them back to kitten.  So, they have to die and be resurrected and then immediately aged down to kitten.
  • As a thank you for each resurrection, your Nine Lives pet imbues a magical power on any household member, allowing that Sim to choose any Rewards Store trait at no cost (use the Satisfaction points cheat -- only give yourself the necessary amount for your chosen reward.

Allowed Mods/Cheats
  • Any lighting mods to make indoor lights brighter.
  • Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level!
  • CAS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization.
  • Smaller Censor / Mosaic
  • Daily Save Mod
  • bb.moveobjects on
  • bb.showhiddenobjects cheat and Better Build/Buy: Organized Debug mod - for any items EXCEPT collectibles and items that have a requirement in order to get them in game (e.g., career rewards).
  • Expandable Catalog mod (included in Better Build/Buy:Organized Debug, but also available separately)
  • Build Mode Free Cam mod (included in Better Build/Buy:Organized Debug, but also available separately)
  • Better Exceptions
  • T.O.O.L.
MC Command Center, UI Cheats and other mods with far-reaching gameplay impact are not allowed. If you want to use a mod that is not on this list, please contact the team for approval to be included in the forum's Dynasty Hall of Fame.

Household Requirements

Your founder earns the right to adopt your cat by completing the first requirement below. Each additional completed requirement unlocks the right to resurrect your pet one time. You can work on multiple requirements at the same time, in any order you choose, and you can complete more than one in a specific cat life. You just need to make sure that you have completed a requirement for each resurrection BEFORE performing the resurrection. All household members can contribute to the requirements and to the museum.

Requirements:
  • Reach level 9 of the veterinary skill. Must be completed first, BEFORE adopting your cat.
  • 9 different household members must be Good Friends with your pet at some point throughout your pet's 9 lives.
  • Have at least 900,000 simoleans in household funds.
  • Attain 900 achievement points.
  • Your pet must have 9000 Simstagram followers.
  • Spend at least 24 hours (must be a continuous period) in 9 different worlds with your pet.
  • Max 9 unique Adult Aspirations.
  • Receive 9 A's in school as well as max 9 part-time jobs, and obtain all 9 scouting badges.
  • Cure your pet of illness 9 times.

Spreadsheet

The attached spreadsheet lists the requirements of each Nine Lives Dynasty. Please make your own copy before updating. It is designed so that you can add your Sim name at the top of the column for each Household member, and then check off each requirement as your Sim completes it.

The Nine Lives Dynasty Spreadsheet

Finishing Up and the Nine Lives Museum

Your Dynasty challenge is over when all nine household requirements are complete, your cat is in its ninth life, and you have established your Nine Lives Museum. The museum must include the following:
  • Nine unique level 9 career rewards.
  • Nine paintings of your pet (one from each life), including at least one from each life stage (kitten, adult, elder).
  • The bird sculpture made from collecting all feathers.
  • Nine unique mounted fish.
  • Nine unique frogs.
  • Nine pet treats made by a household member.
  • Nine animal statues crafted by a household member (using woodworking skill).
  • A photo of your cat taken in each of the 9 worlds visited for the requirement above.
  • 9 perfect nip plants.

Send the challenge team a private message and let us know you have finished. To pm the challenge team, go to "Send Message," click the [Show membergroups] link on "Send to Group," and then check the Challenge Board Moderator box in the "To" column.

Good luck, everyone! And a huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped create and review the Nine Lives Dynasty Challenge. It's puuuuurfect!

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing. All Dynasty rules are subject to change; they may require clarification as information is gathered over time and new content is released. All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change in the second post of this thread. Please check the second post regularly for updates.

This Dynasty is Now Live

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Nine Lives Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
reserved

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 12:23:00 PM »
This looks good - a CATalogue of CATaclysmic CATacombs -  ;D

Looking forward to having a go

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 03:53:23 PM »
This looks good - a CATalogue of CATaclysmic CATacombs -  ;D

Looking forward to having a go

I'm happy to hear that . . . and looking forward to the story on the forum.  :)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 09:26:15 PM »
Puurfecto!  Looking forward to playing! 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 12:01:06 PM »
Nine dynasty challenges! They really do have 9 lives!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 12:37:32 PM »
Weird question.  If.....  the SIMS 5 comes out before I finish the challenge.  Can I keep playing and still be in the Hall of Fame?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »
Weird question.  If.....  the SIMS 5 comes out before I finish the challenge.  Can I keep playing and still be in the Hall of Fame?

It doesn't matter what revision of the game is out. If you complete a Dynasty that is HOF-worthy, you will be put in it. Anyone that completes a Sims 3 Dynasty, will still be put in that HOF, same for the Sims 4 when the Sims 5 comes out.

Shannon

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 10:20:13 AM »
Can we use the Potion of Youth as a reward?

Is it ok if our founder dies before the requirements are completed?

Regarding the requirements.  Can we complete more than one requirement before adopting our cat?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »
Can we use the Potion of Youth as a reward?

On the cat? No. The Potion of Youth locks the recipient to the life stage they were in when consuming the potion, and the whole point of the Dynasty has the cat die multiple times to allow resurrection. No other life extension is allowed for other household members.

Is it ok if our founder dies before the requirements are completed?

That would be a failure because you would not qualify to resurrect the cat.

Regarding the requirements.  Can we complete more than one requirement before adopting or cat?

The rules state you can complete more than one requirement in a given cat's life. However, the rules also state you cannot do requirements more than one time, and there are only nine requirements. So, to be honest, I am bit confused myself. Lol. I'll talk to the team.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 12:45:57 PM »
I thought the founder could die because the other household members could work on the requirements.  Thank you for the clarification that only the founder can resurrect the cat.

I wondered if the founder or other household members could drink the potion of youth. I understand the cat couldn't do that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 01:21:47 PM »
I thought the founder could die because the other household members could work on the requirements.  Thank you for the clarification that only the founder can resurrect the cat.

I believe you are correct. I will check with the team to make sure (many worked on the rules). I know you cannot bring anyone else into the home until the kitten turns adult.

EDIT:  the founder unlocks the adoption with the first requirement, then someone else can earn the first resurrection by completing a second requirement. So, the founder can die before the cat is resurrected.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 04:31:31 PM »
Thank you for letting me know.

So if I understand correctly. All the requirements should be completed after adopting the cat.  If the founder dies, you can continue meeting the requirements with other household members.  There is really then no need for the Potion of Youth to be used by the founder or member of the household.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 04:52:15 PM »
So if I understand correctly. All the requirements should be completed after adopting the cat.

Except for the first requirement. That's the qualifier to adopt the cat.

If the founder dies, you can continue meeting the requirements with other household members.

Correct.

There is really then no need for the Potion of Youth to be used by the founder or member of the household.

Life extension is banned except for cat resurrection, so Potion of Youth is a non-issue.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 05:30:15 AM »
While the Founder started building their Veterinary skill, can they also begin working on the other requirements/museum items?

For example, start an aspiration and begin planting the catnip plants as the Welcome Wagon pulls in?

No rush for an answer over this holiday period :)

anything