Author Topic: How to make my game run smooth? (Not Solved)  (Read 6192 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: How to make my game run smooth?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2022, 12:04:30 PM »
Hello.

Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, it runs good. I did catch a cold so I wasn't in shape for gaming this Saturday but I did play for a few in-game days (almost a week) and I did not see any serious lag during this time. In post #22 I do refer to a mod that should prevent movement of the houseboats. Either the mod is not working or I did misunderstood how to use it because the houseboats are being moved. As far as I can see anyway. This do not cause the world to lag so I leave it there.   :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: How to make my game run smooth? (Solved)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2022, 09:55:11 AM »
Hello everyone!

I hope you all did have a good Christmas.

i don't use to wake up old threads like this but today I make an exception. I did not have much time to play after my last post here but today I had the chance so I did set up the old computer again. The game did run quite good and I did play for about a in game week. The season went from winter to spring and my sims did move around and meet new sims. But suddenly the game did began to lag again. It was the same old story with a in game clock that did stop and very short freeze. Yes, the two "main" cache files was building up again but I did not think they were That big.  So is there anything else I should try...?

(Before opening up the IP world I did some changes to the Roaring Hights world. But I did not play much there).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2022, 03:03:42 PM »
Try using Reset Everything via Nraas MasterController. I usually do this every few Sims days to every Sim week regardless of what town I'm playing in.

Crinrict has an article on lag and intermittent freezes and offers some tips.

Lags & Intermittent Freezes
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2022, 03:46:23 PM »
OK, I can try to reset. But how will this effect my sims? (I do have a backup of the game folder, I can make one more before trying the reset).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2022, 04:20:03 PM »
It won't harm your Sims. It will reset them to the front of the house, usually by the front door. So they'll get reset from what they're doing.

Good idea to save before resetting and make a backup. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: How to make my game run smooth? (Not Solved)
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 05:48:03 AM »
OK, thanks. I'm just very sorry to say that it was a fail. Yes, the reset did reset a lot of things, I think it was about 21711 objects or there about. I did play one sims day and after that my game did began to stutter. Yes, I did install a stuff pack before entering the game but I do not think it makes a difference. I did delete the caches and in game I did use Nraas Register to stop big animals (Horses, deer and the unicorn) from spawning. I did modify the GraphicRules file and did set the memory size to 2048 but not difference.

I give up!  :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2022, 08:59:26 AM »
I'm sorry that didn't help.  Playing in IP is really tricky.  I actually gave up a couple weeks ago and moved my family as I was getting frustrated with the lag at stutter.

I also stopped stray animals via Nraas, deleted the houseboats and moved families to regular houses, and a bunch of other things. It plays okay, but still see the lag and stutter. I've chalked it up to being a normal part of playing in IP.  Though there's probably more that could be done to help with the lag and stutter, but I didn't want to fidgit with it anymore.

If you're still wanting to play in IP, you might try asking over at MTS for more tips or reading over Ciane's post at the official forum or asking for more tips there.

Removing IP Lag
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

You were mentioning all or most of the other towns are playing okay?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2022, 10:46:04 AM »
Hello.

Yes, you did say that... and in the end of the day I just feel very disappointed. I mean, how could the game run well when the in game season was winter but refuse to do so in spring? After ten years playing Sims 2 I know it's the other way around. The expansion is a 2013 vintage product and how high end computer did were the computers we did own back then?   My TS 3 computer is hardly the MareNostrum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MareNostrum) but it should be good enough for the game. Something is not right here... and I hope it's not my old HDD that is faulty. And I want to play that world because I have some nice sims there...

Yes, as far as I know the other worlds is OK. It was some time ago I did play the Sunset Valley world but I remember it as OK. Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls as well. Starlight Shores is also OK but have other issues. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2022, 01:07:23 PM »
I'm not disappointed that IP doesn't play well, because EA never stated it would play well or even great. It's been said quite a few times that bigger towns like IP will have lag and stuttering issues. There's tips and tricks to help, but they aren't going to play well on every system - because every system is different in some way.

If possible, you might try adding an SSD to play the game and use your hard drive to save. However, I can't promise that will definitely help the lag and stutter of IP.

anything