Author Topic: How to make my game run smooth? (Not Solved)  (Read 6191 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to make my game run smooth?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2022, 11:13:32 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you're current save is still unplayable. You might try fixing a new save and try playing it to see if that might help?

It's recommended to -not- use fixed world files if Overwatch is installed as it fixes a lot of the routing issues and is newer than most of the world fix files.

The cache files do regenerate each time you play, that's why some suggest to delete them each play session.

There's a way to disable some notifications from Overwatch and Register, if you have them. I'm also adding a few options from MasterController that are useful. :)

-- Overwatch:
Settings and Options -
Sim > Nraas > Overwatch > Settings

Display Nightly Notifications = False
Stop Pet Adoptions = True
Reset Check = False
Stuck Check = False
Stuck auto-reset > (default is true) = False

-- Register:
Show Notices -
Click on Mapview > City Hall > Nraas > Register > Show Notices = False

-- MasterController:
Clear Notifications -
Click on Mapview > City Hall > Nraas > MasterController > Town > Clear Notifications

Reset Everything -
Click on Mapview > City Hall > Nraas > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything

Reset Lot -
Left-click on Lot, Nraas > MasterController > Reset Lot
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2022, 01:29:04 PM »
This would be useful of course. I will check the setting for this.  :) I don't recall seeing any animals on the islands so maybe they are turned off. I will check next weekend.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 05:29:43 AM »
Hello.

So I went into the game today... but that was a fail!  :'(

I went to the City hall and checked Nraas.

In register I set Show messages to False and in the same setting I did see that tourist was not allowed (False). That's good because then there is no extra sims in the world.

In OverWatch I did set Stuck sim check to False. Directly under this was a setting I could not understand. It said: "Instantiation check". I have no idea what that means. "Uncle Google" just say: "Noun. instantiation (countable and uncountable, plural instantiations) (uncountable) The production of an instance, example, or specific application of a general classification, principle, theory, etc. (countable) Something resulting from the act of instantiating; an instance". Ok, what does this do in my game? I also did notice that Stop pet adoptions was True and I did set Show nightly notifications to False.

As my game did run very unsmooth after this I closed it down and after deleting the biggest cache files I relaunched it.  The game loaded like a champion and for a brief sekond I thought that I had made it work. But NO, the game did run horrible. Even worse then before. The game clock did freeze ever so often and my sims did freeze after each step. So I closed down the game and the computer all together. I can not live with this! A game should not run like this on a computer that is way overpowered for a game like this.  :-X

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 02:49:36 PM »
I'm not sure what Instantiation Check means to the game. I've got that option set to False.

I'm sorry your game isn't running well.  If you feel it's any of the mods you've recently added you can remove them. Do so while not in-game and then delete the game cache.

Silly question, is it just IP that is running bad?  Or is it other towns as well?

Nraas has a game performance article. I noticed I didn't share the link for that earlier.

Nraas's Tips for Better Game Performance:
https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

It might have some tips you haven't tried?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 04:28:51 PM »
No, I do not have a clue what the setting is for. Sometimes things can have a bad translation. I try set it to False and see.

Thank you for the link. I did read through the text but I will read it again more carefully.

I think you asked a very good question and the answer is Yes, "IP" is the worst worlds to play (of the few worlds that I have). Bridgeport runs quite well and that kind of surprises me as it do holds a lot of traffic and NPC's. It can glitch though. Starlight Shore also runs OK (but it have serious glitches). Sunset Valley, Moonlight Falls and the UL sub-world runs good and I have not seen any bigger problems with them (knocks on wood).   

Member Sonshine did ask if I had played the game without the 4GB patch and I answered No. The problem is that I don't know if it's even possible to remove the patch or how to do so. Or if it's safe to do so... But I could try that if it is possible...  ???

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2022, 04:43:15 PM »
I'm sure it's possible to uninstall it if you remember where you installed it to.  I don't play with the 4GB Patch, because it's not needed. EA fixed it with the Late Night Patch (Oct.2010).

Igazor over at Nraas posted about it.

4GB limit
https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic3764

This really doesn't help much, but if other towns run better. You might want to try playing in one of those? Mostly to see if you get a better gaming experience.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 05:19:55 PM »
I won't set up the computer again this weekend but I can check next week. It must be a *.exe file after all (all TS2 patches were .exe files). If so it might show up in Windows list of programs that I can uninstall.

I do have a save of Sunset Valley. I can try that and see what performance I can get.  :)

Edit: Got so curious that I could not wait and looked for the patch today anyway. Could not find anything though... Asks on MTS if they now the name of the patch...  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 10:15:18 AM »
So, I did try to look into this issue today.

Now that my unfair ban from MTS is over I could post there and I did find out that it was not needed to remove the 4GB patch as it was not needed. After the "Late Night" EP it's useless and it does not make any harm if it's there. I was asked to try this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/665907/reduce-remove-lag-caused-by-houseboats.html that stops the NPC's from moving their houseboats and the ports. So it was downloaded and installed.

Before entering the game I did delete the two biggest cache files and in game I did de-clutter the inventory of my sims and the family inventory. But did the game the world run better? Well,let me put it like this: if you are in a traffic jam and can move forward then you will probably find it nice. But there is a long way until you can drive at speed. The game did run better, but with a lot of stutter and freeze lag. It was not the feeling of the game going to crash (I never had TS 3 crash) but it sure was unplayable. Just to check the game I did jump into Bridgeport and this world did run like a dream. Even if it does contain lots of movable objects like cars, sims, animals and so. So NO, this is still an big issue.

Link to the MTS thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=672392

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »
Thanks for the update. I've been play-testing IP for about the last week, and it's okay. I agree with the others that have said it runs poorly, even with town edits and mods installed to help the town's quirks.

I'm happy that Bridgeport works well for you. :)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2022, 03:54:42 PM »
Yeah Bridgeport runs fine, it always have. A little sad that Isla Paradiso doesn't, I have a pair of interesting sims there. Just out of curiosity,  when you say "Okay" what problem do you see? To me it's sims stopping after (almost) each movement, the game clock stop working (but sound and the sleeping Z:ts are still working) and a feeling that I can not control the game (poor response on my inputs through mouse/keyboard). I did search a little and did find out that there is a way to set the number of Paparazzis in a world. "Thanks" to the celebrity system  everyone is famous and do get this NPC's hunting them which must harm the game performance (it's just a thought, I don't know). 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2022, 04:17:03 PM »
What I experienced was as you explained. Sims almost stopping after each movement. (What a great description!!)  I also experienced bad routing back to their 1st home on that was on stilts. They would route to the water in between their home and neighbors.  I did move them and they routed home a lot better. I moved them to a lot closer to City Hall, on what I call the main island.

I do have strays turned off via Nraas, as well as other animals, supernatural, celebrities and paparazzi via the game options.

You might be able to move your Sims in IP to another town? Via the move town system in-game (have one of the Sims use the phone and move town.) Or save them and their house to the library and create a new save or add them to a current save. :)

Sims 3 - How To: Save a Household to Library
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

How To: Save a House/Community Lots
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2022, 04:47:16 PM »
Yes, I do know how to move sims in the game. As a matter of fact, the family was not created to live on the islands, they was moved there from Moonlight Falls. I hope they can keep in contact with the sims who is left behind because two of the first paparazzi's that first showed up looked nice (that's very rare) so I let the family befriend them. I don't know how it works for this special NPC's but I see no reason why it should not work. OK, now I have a plan. To bad we could not make the IP world better but at least we tried.  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2022, 05:18:16 PM »
I'm finding conflicting information on if it's possible to keep relationships with other Sims. However I think Traveler might help with that. As it helps travel between the towns.

There are some talking about Porter as well.  I think Porter is about saving the whole town's Sims and moving them. That doesn't quite sound like what you want?

https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler
https://www.nraas.net/community/Porter

I am not very familiar with either of the above mods, however we do have this post by Seabody.

A brief description to each of the NRaas Mods
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9198.0

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2022, 12:56:27 PM »
Thank you Mrs F. It have been some changes since last yesterday but I will keep the mod in mind in case I need it later.

As written: I have almost given up the hope and I did post a "end word" on MTS thanking for the support and saying I would move the sims instead of trying to fix the IP world. But then there came a reply with a link to a guide on how to manually go in and modify the GraphicsCards.sgr and the GraphicRules.sgr files. Yes, it was posted in this thread also but as I thought the issue could be fixed by doing other things I did not take notice  :-[ :-[ (And, in all honesty, I don't like doing things if I'm unsure what I do). But I did use this guide: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4782510&posted=1#post4782510  and did the changes exactly as it said. And "hats off", the IP world does run a little better after this. Stutter yes, but no freeze lag. Now my graphics card  seems to have 4GB of memory but I only changed it to 1024MB. I'm unsure if it's a "win" to change this number or not. But now the world is playable at least. Sorry for not paying attention to details  :-[ :P .

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2022, 02:33:33 PM »
I am happy to hear it's playable for you!! :)

anything