Author Topic: Flowers of the Apocalypse: Challenge Failure...  (Read 32195 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 3.7: Money For Nothing
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »
Terrific job completing three careers this week!
I'm curious about your ratio of girl to boy births.  The Odrades seem to produce mostly girls?
I have no idea why we're getting so many girls. They're growing both carrots and strawberries to use in recipes but not eating them separately. I don't know if eating more fruit salad than campers stew would affect things but I doubt it. Fortunately I have no strategic reason to need one or the other as I'm just winging that side of it. I may run out of girls names though, lol!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 3.7: Money For Nothing
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2022, 09:49:37 AM »

I'm wondering if I'll spot the urns/tombstones for Tulip and Wye out and about on community lots but I'm not very hopeful. I thought you'd be pleased about the dementia elders being cured. I downplayed their meanderings in this version.  ;)
[/quote]

For sure. I almost said something about the dementia cure, in fact. Those elders with it really broke my heart! It just really gets to me. I don't think it'll be so bad to get old - just as long as my mind stays intact!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.1: Sledgehammer
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.1: Sledgehammer

Poppy: Happy Birthday, Pink!
Pink: Is it OK that I’m in my scout uniform?
Watcher: Yes but what that translates to in terms of teen outfit will be a total lottery and nothing to do with your actual wardrobe.
Pink: Oh!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Pink: Yes! Hair tints! A black and white ensemble and I’m rocking this hat!
Watcher: Yes you are but you know the deal!
Pink: Yeah, yeah! It’s not very suitable for lots of outdoor work anyway and I do love being outdoors now!
Watcher: Interesting…

Watcher: What do you think?
Pink: No hair tints…
Watcher: I found the most similar hair style I could find. It’s cute.
Pink: OK. I like the pink items.
Watcher: Your sports outfit is bringing tears to my eyes but at least you won’t get lost.

Adrian: Wow!
Poppy: That was something else!
Adrian: And you say we could have done that ever since your uncle Wye sorted out the water supply.
Poppy: Well we didn’t have the right sort of shower but it was fun, right? We’ll have to do that again!
Adrian: What, now!?!

Poppy: Life is great and you’re the icing on the cake! Welcome to the world, baby Marguerite!

Adrian: The last few days have just zoomed by with all the kids in this house. I can’t believe you’re a toddler already!
Marguerite: Babble

Adrian: Nice non-binary outfit. I hope Watcher approves.
Watcher: Watcher does approve. Not much tweaking needed.

Marguerite: Babble Splash Babble
Watcher: Someone! Attention over here! It’s a parenting opportunity!

Watcher: Hey Pink, how’s your week going?
Pink: I don’t think I’m going to graduate on Friday but it’s going OK.
Watcher: What about the painting? Are you enjoying it?
Pink: It’s OK, I guess. At least the easel is outside.
Watcher: Hm… it’s decision time. Do you want to clear an outdoorsy teen career or do you want to work really hard on 4 skills, including painting, to top an adult career?
Pink: When you put it like that…let’s get that outdoorsy teen job!

Marguerite: Splashy?
Myrtle: You Splashy Splashy You Get Cooties
Marguerite: Cooties?
Myrtle: Itchy Itchy Hair Drop Out
Marguerite: No Splashy Splashy

Myrtle: You No Splashy Me Hug You
Marguerite: Huggles!
Myrtle: Lots Huggles

Primrose: Now you’re both in your hot outfits, are you feeling a bit better in this heatwave?
Myrtle: Yay!
Marguerite: Play!
Myrtle: Fly!
Primrose: Phew – this childcare is exhausting!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Watcher: Well done for getting up in time.
Pink: You didn’t say anything about the early start!
Watcher: But you’ll have the whole afternoon off.
Pink: And I’ll be outdoors all morning? That’s great

Adrian: Happy Birthday, Orchid!
Orchid: Here I go!

Poppy: Wow! That’s some outfit!
Watcher: If only it was the random scout one! Pink’s still at work so….why don’t you go jogging?
Orchid: OK – Hey! Hair tints again. I really suit them? Please, pretty please?
Watcher: I’m so sorry. Actually – you’re a dog-lover now but you were already outgoing….I think I have a plan….

Watcher: So, I’ve swapped some of your wardrobe between outfits – nothing added – and your hair style is identical…
Orchid: Without the tints…
Watcher: …without the tints but if we focus, maybe you can do something about that.
Orchid: It’s a deal!

Watcher: How was work?
Pink: It was fun. I got to use a sledgehammer! I also had to run to the nursery to get some extra plants. I managed to snag a few petunias just before it closed. The client was pleased.
Watcher: We’ve been forgetting your facial routine. Now that your Mum sorted out medicines, there’s a great facial cleanser. If you use it most days, you should avoid all the acne scars that your parents generation ended up with.
Poppy: Tell me about it.

Poppy: Your turn now Myrtle!
Myrtle: Pfft

Poppy: Another neat freak! Just like me and Umber. Our house is going to be spotless!
Watcher: And no hair tints to sort out!

Myrtle: How come your eyebrows don’t match your hair.
Orchid: Sh! Watcher didn’t notice. It’s what I was born with – mum’s auburn eyebrows and dad’s light brown hair. It’s quirky and I like it.
Myrtle: Me too!
Orchid: You and me, Myrtle, rocking the pink!
Pink: What?
Myrtle & Orchid (giggling): Nothing!

Progress Week 25 - Year 2, Summer

Previous Generations

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation 3 - Complete
Snowdrop Odrade:
Adult/moved out; Cheerful, Geek, Self-Assured; Joke Star; Tech Guru Complete week 21
Rose Odrade: Adult/moved out; Child of the Ocean, Neat; Cheerful; Successful Lineage; Business-Management Complete week 23
Primrose Odrade: Adult; Dog-Lover, Cheerful, Self-Assured; Galactic Privateer; Criminal-Boss complete week 24
Poppy Odrade: Heir YA; Cheerful, Proper, Neat; Joke Star; Distinguished Degree in Biology(hons); Doctor complete week 24
Adrian Kealoha: Spouse Adult; Loves Outdoors, Outgoing, Good; Jungle Explorer; Athlete-Bodybuilder complete week 24

Generation 4
Pink Odrade:
Teen; Good, Loves Outdoors; Neighbourhood Confidante; Manual Labourer 2/3
Orchid Odrade: Teen; Outgoing, Dog-Lover; Inner Peace
Umber: Child; Neat; Social Butterfly
Myrtle: Child; Neat; Social Butterfly
Marguerite: Toddler; Silly

L-to-R: Myrtle, Orchid, Primrose, Poppy holding Marguerite, Adrian, Pink, Umber

Notes

Our twelfth Flower (tenth girl) is named for the daisy-like shrub marguerite, usually a yellow centre surrounded but white petals but does come in other colours.

Title: Sledgehammer – 1986 UK hit from Peter Gabriel (shoe-horned into the script because it’s a favourite song – the video was ground-breaking)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.1: Sledgehammer
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2022, 03:11:26 PM »

Whew! That was a lot of birthdays in a single week! Welcome to the household, Marguerite.
Primrose gets my vote for Auntie of the Year!

I notice you've been waiting to go into CAS until your sims get done with work.
Going into CAS while a household sim's at work only forces them to return early if there's a club actively gathering.
If your working sim's not in a club gathering, using CAS will not affect the rest of their workday.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »

Yes - let's do something about those hair tints! And style in general! These poor unfashionable simmies . . .

Whew! That was a lot of birthdays in a single week! Welcome to the household, Marguerite.

Going into CAS while a household sim's at work only forces them to return early if there's a club actively gathering.
If your working sim's not in a club gathering, using CAS will not affect the rest of their workday.

Whaaat? Man, I learn so much from you all. I didn't realize it was the club meeting that made them return home. Is it the same way when you exit the game while someone's at work - that it's the club gathering bringing them home early as soon as you start up the game again?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2022, 04:09:13 PM »

Yes - let's do something about those hair tints! And style in general! These poor unfashionable simmies . . .

Whaaat? Man, I learn so much from you all. I didn't realize it was the club meeting that made them return home. Is it the same way when you exit the game while someone's at work - that it's the club gathering bringing them home early as soon as you start up the game again?
Me too! I thought it always happened. Lol! CAS any time! Yay!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2022, 05:18:02 PM »

Yes, going into CAS while a sim in an active club gathering will force that sim home from work/school. If an at-home sim Ends Gathering, then restarts it, the sim at work/school will no longer be part of the club gathering.
As for save/exiting with a sim at work/school, just end the club gathering first.
If I really want the Networked boost, I might wait until everyone gets home.  But if their performance bar is maxed, who needs to wait?  End the club gathering!

That sim will lose the bonus from the Networked perk, but sometimes Watcher need to sleep and don't have time to play through another day of work or school.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2022, 02:32:50 AM »
Watchers need to sleep? Now that's a novel idea! Lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.2: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2022, 10:32:29 AM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.2: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Pink: Second day of work and it’s top of my career! I’ve shown that maybe we don’t have to cover the landscape in concrete to control the weeks if we take just a little extra effort to do some gardening and cleaning up in the yard.
Watcher: Well done, Pink, and you did it on Sunday in time for us to sort out your yard.
Pink: What can we have instead?
Watcher: Nothing but it’s better than the industrial concrete. Plus you can employ a gardener to help look after all those dragonfruit plants.
Pink: Can I plant some more things?
Watcher: Knock yourself out!

Marguerite: Dolls Dolls Dolls
Adrian: I sometimes wish we could play something else but there’s nothing else creative for you to do (Retail). I can’t even read you a story (Babysitter).
Marguerite: Dolls Dolls Dolls
Adrian: Yes! Lot’s of dolls.

Adrian: You’re really good at painting now. You’ve done nearly all our children.
Primrose: About that….
Adrian: I guess you do all the child care too. We’d be lost without you.
Primrose: And I was thinking….
Adrian: I know Marguerite really loves all the time you spend with her.
Primrose(sigh): Yes, I know.

Poppy: This is nice! A real family evening. Marguerite tucked up in bed and everyone else doing homework!
Pink: Actually, Mum - Dad, I had a call from the Principal. He said I could graduate early!
Adrian: Well done, Pink! And that’s with a part-time job too.
Pink: I’ve given that up too!
Poppy: But what are you going to do all day?
Pink: Did you know that Aunt Prim was planning to move out?
Poppy: No! Not Prim! Where’s she going?
Pink: Just over the road. You know we’ve got plenty of money so she’s had her own place set up. We can visit any day we want.
Adrian: But how will we manage?
Pink: With me! We’ll manage with me. Marguerite’s nearly ready for school and I love looking after the garden. I think I can get the hang of the repairs if everyone pitches in with cleaning and other chores…
Poppy: Oh! Are you sure?
Pink: It’ll be fun!

Orchid: Are you sure you know what you’ve let yourself in for?
Pink: Look, I might or might not be the Gen 4 heir, finding a baby daddy and all that…
Orchid: What?
Pink: You must realise the deal. It could be you! Anyway, if it turns out I’m not, Aunt Prim has got a spare bed. I’ll move over there.
Adrian: ZZZZZ

Poppy: What did you do today, Honey bun?
Marguerite: Fly! Dolls! Run! Why?
Poppy: It sounds like you’ve had a lovely day with Pink.
Marguerte: Pinky Perky
Poppy: Oh you’re growing up so fast!

Pink: Happy Birthday, Umber!
Umber: Pfft
Pink: How do you feel?
Umber: Well I want to Live Fast but do it in a Proper fashion. As well as being Neat. I’m a bit conflicted!
Pink: Mum always wants to be Proper but I don’t notice anything much different. You’ll cope!

Watcher: Another OK wardrobe.
Orchid: But what about his hair?
Watcher: It looks OK to me.
Orchid: Come on! That’s got to be gel in there. Hair doesn’t quiff up like that without some sort of product.
Watcher: So you’re an expert on product now?
Orchid: Oh yes! Oops – it’s been a while. Time for facial cleanser.

Poppy: Your turn now, Marguerite!
Marguerite: Pfft
Adrian: Happy Birthday. Wow – our first Green Fiend!
Poppy: And our first Top Notch Toddler!

Watcher: Well, a few swaps and you’re good to go.
Marguerite: Orchid said you’d need to change my hair.
Watcher: No – a simple bun is fine. I’m not a fan of a dressing gown for sleepwear. It looks uncomfortable to me but it’s all fine.
Marguerite: Just fine?
Watcher: Yep!

Poppy: Oh Adrian, the children are growing up so fast. And did you know I’ll be an adult next week?
Adrian: You’ll always be my baby, Angel Eyes!
Poppy: Even when I’m old, Care Bear?
Adrian: We…ell, there is a way we can slow that down…
Poppy (giggling): And the nursery is just there…

Poppy: Are you sure?
Adrian: If you are…

Watcher: Oh, hi Marguerite. I didn’t expect to find you in here.
Marguerite: I just woke up and thought it would be a great morning to water the plants.
Watcher: You know you’ve got a gardener now. She can take care of that.
Marguerite: Well – I like doing it.
Watcher: In your dressing gown.

Umber: Argh!
Watcher: What’s the matter?
Umber: School! Puberty! Mood Swings!
Watcher: Oh dear. Well you weren’t going to get promoted today anyway as your Charisma needs to rise…
Umber: Charisma Schmarisma! I’m ENRAGED!
Watcher: I’m a bit worried about your colleagues….and customers!

Watcher: Another day and a different person!
Umber: I’m sorry about yesterday, Watcher. With all Saturday to chill and catch up with schoolwork, I went off to work this evening feeling great!
Watcher: Well done. This will make life so much easier!
Umber: Yes! With sharp organizational skills and lightning fast fingers at the checkout line, I have  helped the local market keep itself open 7 days a week. Supplies might still be limited but convenience is back, and with a smile!
Watcher: You said it!

Progress Week 26 - Year 2, Summer

Previous Generations

Generation 3 - Complete
Snowdrop Odrade:
Elder/moved out; Cheerful, Geek, Self-Assured; Joke Star; Tech Guru Complete week 21
Rose Odrade: Adult/moved out; Child of the Ocean, Neat; Cheerful; Successful Lineage; Business-Management Complete week 23
Primrose Odrade: Adult/moved out; Dog-Lover, Cheerful, Self-Assured; Galactic Privateer; Criminal-Boss complete week 24
Poppy Odrade: Heir YA; Cheerful, Proper, Neat; Joke Star; Distinguished Degree in Biology(hons); Doctor complete week 24
Adrian Kealoha: Spouse Adult; Loves Outdoors, Outgoing, Good; Jungle Explorer; Athlete-Bodybuilder complete week 24

Generation 4
Pink Odrade:
Teen; Good, Loves Outdoors; Neighbourhood Confidante; Manual Labourer complete week 26
Orchid Odrade: Teen; Outgoing, Dog-Lover; Inner Peace
Umber Odrade: Teen; Neat, Proper; Live Fast; Retail Employee complete week 26
Myrtle Odrade: Child; Neat; Social Butterfly
Marguerite Odrade: Child; Green Fiend; Whiz Kid

L-to-R: Myrtle, Orchid, Umber, Adrian, Poppy, Pink, Marguerite

Notes

The restrictions lifted by Manual Labourer are:
•   Ground surface on the lot must be covered by concrete paving (not terrain paint) no lawns allowed!
•   May not hire a gardener.
•   May not take odd jobs.

Restrictions lifted by Retail Employee are:
•   May not own or visit any retail business.
•   You may only build or purchase new objects in build/buy mode, from bookshelves, from community shops and from market stalls on Sundays. You may only “replace” broken objects on Sundays (only if Engineer-Mechanical Engineer has been lifted).
•   The “Simple-Living” lot challenge must be chosen
•   Only ONE skill building item per skill per life-stage may be purchased (not including skill books). For example: you may have 1 'Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks' (toddlers: thinking skill) and 1 chess table (child, teen and adult: logic skill) but no other logic skill building items other than the Logic skill books.
•   Only ONE double bed may be purchased.
•   May not purchase the 'Marketable' reward trait.

Title: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now – 19867UK hit from Starship

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 4.2: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2022, 02:07:52 PM »
Ahhh, Primrose! The household finally let you go to enjoy your life in peace and quiet.
Congrats to Pink and Umber on making their teen careers!
(Watcher, will you be adding Simfluencer and Steamer from the HSY pack to your mix? *devilish grin)

Who will bring in the next generation, i wonder. i guess you're waiting to see more of the everyone's traits...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2022, 11:08:33 AM »

Pink is angling hard to be the next watched generation, but will Orchid step up and compete? Grats on your first Top Notch toddler! I'm curious about Scouts - what do you have to do to unlock that? After all, the skill boost reward from that is pretty awesome.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »

Pink is angling hard to be the next watched generation, but will Orchid step up and compete? Grats on your first Top Notch toddler! I'm curious about Scouts - what do you have to do to unlock that? After all, the skill boost reward from that is pretty awesome.
Scouts as an after school activity was allowed after Education was unlocked by Pierce. No-one's got to Llamacorn yet though. No fishing, only one of each skilling item until Umber cleared retail (so no craft or science table). I may be missing a trick but they're getting close now!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2022, 10:05:09 PM »
RE: Outdoor Adventurer badge
Your sims aren't allowed to look for frogs, either? I tried to imagine which career would cover frogs, then gave up. haha

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2022, 03:14:03 AM »
RE: Outdoor Adventurer badge
Your sims aren't allowed to look for frogs, either? I tried to imagine which career would cover frogs, then gave up. haha
Looking for frogs has been allowed since Wye cleared the Environmental Manager and we have a frog well at the back of the lot. Sadly I seem to have a bug that it doesn't replenish once a frog has been found until I restart the game (sigh).
Once they get to teens, they can use the bbq but you'll notice I'm clearing a lot of teen careers in this gen so they give up scouts at that point. The advantage from being a Llamacorn Scout is also less useful for them.
However, I have great hopes for Green Fiend Marguerite who is currently destined for an adult career and will clear the science badge on their new kids science table. Telescopes and microscopes not allowed until Astronaut

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2022, 03:22:04 AM »
Ahhh, Primrose! The household finally let you go to enjoy your life in peace and quiet.
Congrats to Pink and Umber on making their teen careers!
(Watcher, will you be adding Simfluencer and Steamer from the HSY pack to your mix? *devilish grin)

Who will bring in the next generation, i wonder. i guess you're waiting to see more of the everyone's traits...
Simfluencer & Streamer? I thought you were my friend! Lol

Edited - I can't believe I rose to your bait but I have now added Simfluencer and Streamer to my list plus the Interior Designer that I was considering! Other career restrictions have been adjusted accordingly. They will be under review as I play them.

Interior Designer
•   No item, wall-covering, floor-covering, décor with an environment score may be purchased or displayed (except landscaping items from the build tab if Floral designer cleared but these cannot be used within 4 walls.)

Simfluencer
•   Locked until Social Media & Style Influencer Cleared
•   May not sell items on Plopsy.
•   May not use Trendi or visit Thriftea

Streamer
•   Locked until Social Media & Tech-Guru cleared
•   May not join gaming competitions, use gaming pad/gaming consoles, or join the SimShuffle team at university.

anything