Author Topic: Flowers of the Apocalypse: Challenge Failure...  (Read 32161 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.4: Baby One More Time
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »
Congrats on two boys (if that's what you'd wanted)!
You're getting really close to the half-way mark of your careers! Go, Watcher!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.5: Life Is a Rollercoaster
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2022, 01:43:40 PM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.5: Life Is a Rollercoaster

Jessie: Checking my notes for this week reveals that Thames’ eldest brother had his birthday on Sunday. This photo documents it although it’s confusing because we’re all watching Jasmine struggle with the confetti canon.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jessie: Monday was a red-letter day as Thames and I decided to get married. We’d had a lot of bad news. 2 of his uncles died and then so did his father. We decided that we needed something to celebrate although nothing stopped the whole house going into mourning for Reed.

Jessie: Both twins aged up into wonderful scamps. Tay is Active like his father and Severn loves Art, just like me.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jessie: Both my boys have inherited my deep red hair but only Severn got my eye colour. I wonder, if we had more children, who they would favour…

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jessie: Lily got to graduate early but, even though she got her A first, Jasmine has yet to be offered it. We all got at least one promotion at work. I would have got 2 but this joker tried to dodge my questions by stripping off!

Progress Week 38 - Year 3, Spring

Careers: Cleared - 19; In Progress - 4; Remaining – 25
Full List

Previous Generations

Generation 5
Trent Odrade:
YA; Loves Outdoors, Outgoing, Vegetarian; Engineer-Computer 9/10
Thames Odrade heir: YA; Active, Romantic, Dog-Lover; Athlete-Professional 9/10
Teme Odrade: YA; Creative, Loner, Loves-Outdoors; Gardener-Floral Designer 7/10
Lily Odrade: Teen: Loves-Outdoors, Outgoing
Jasmine Odrade: Teen: Dog-Lover, Creative
Jessie Goth spouse: YA; Proper, Art-Lover, Insider; Detective 5/10

Generation 6
Tay Odrade:
child; Active
Severn Odrade: child; Art-Lover

L-to-R: Tay, Lily, Jessie, Trent, Teme Thames, Jasmine, Severn

Title: Life Is a Rollercoaster- 2000 UK hit from Ronan Keating

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.5: Life Is a Rollercoaster
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »
I am #TeamSevern. I would love to see the founder Coral's red hair and green eyes make a full-fledged comeback to the Odrade gene pool.
Also, I'm always so impressed at how quickly you can play through and write up a week's worth of gameplay!  You are super quick!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2022, 01:58:46 AM »
I am #TeamSevern. I would love to see the founder Coral's red hair and green eyes make a full-fledged comeback to the Odrade gene pool.
Also, I'm always so impressed at how quickly you can play through and write up a week's worth of gameplay!  You are super quick!
Jessie's gene were definitely part of her attraction. Her traits are fairly neutral. I'm really hoping Severn ages up well!
The narrative is a little thin at the moment- apologies for that. Not being able to move again and everyone in the household having to stay until they clear a career seems restrictive after the NSB challenge! I'll get back into the swing soon.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2022, 09:32:49 AM »
I agree with oshizu - #TeamSevern!

I think you are doing amazingly well with this challenge - I don't know how you keep all the rules straight - there are just so many restrictions! Very well done!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2022, 02:15:47 AM »
I agree with oshizu - #TeamSevern!

I think you are doing amazingly well with this challenge - I don't know how you keep all the rules straight - there are just so many restrictions! Very well done!
Thank you for the encouragement. I have a spreadsheet and a Word document with a precis of all the restrictions so I can search anything I'm not sure of. The biggest problem I have is when career restrictions overlap - that's how my first attempt failed.
Also, I forget to use all the freedoms I've won. For example, I've just realised that I can now have more than one mirror (style Influencer) although I need to make sure any new ones don't have an environment score (interior designer)! Can you hear the shuffling of notes as I rifle through them? Lol

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.6: Don't Stop Movin'
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.6: Don't Stop Movin'

Trent: I get to narrate this week! It started with my younger brother topping his career as a pro-athlete! Am I galled that he beat me to it? Well – I am in engineering – it’s a bit different to running around a football pitch and looking good in shorts. I know who is changing the world!
Thames: Yes, but Big Bro, I’ve devised a high energy protein dietary supplement that boosts all Sims energy levels and enables them to run faster.
Trent: Why do we all need to run faster?
Thames: So that we don’t need to worry about muggers any more. Anyone can travel anywhere now, not just people with top fitness!
Lily: So we can go to the prom this Saturday?
Watcher: Looks like it!
Jasmine: Wow! Let’s plan wardrobes!

Trent: It was Jessie’s adult birthday. She looked a bit sad for some reason. Who knows why?

Trent: Jessie and Thames both try to be Super Parents. Severn doesn’t mind a bit of art but I know Tay would rather be swinging from the monkey bars, like his Dad. Their parents really would like them to learn an instrument but there’s no interest in that yet. People need to be much more practical.

Trent: Thames’ birthday was next and Jessie seemed a bit happier about that.

Trent: Finally, on Saturday night, I came home with my top promotion! I’ve taken my network connectivity know-how and led a community effort to restore servers, cell towers, and reconnected the fibre optics. We can have the best PCs available now plus we can use our phones freely. Anyone want a selfie?
Lily: Hey! I thought we were going to the prom!
Watcher: Look - the pop-up came at the same time as your brother's promotion. I hit "Travel to prom" etc but then we were all still here!
Jasmine: But!!!!!
Watcher: Sorry
Trent: Anyhoo! I’m moving out to be with Mum. We’re not too sure how much longer she’s got but she’s really been missing Dad. Teme will come and join me if he ever masters flower arranging. How many arrangements does he need to make, for goodness sake? I would say goodbye to the others but Thames isn’t back from work and Jessie, for some reason, is having a steamy shower! See y’all round the neighbourhood, folks. It’s been a blast!

Progress Week 40 - Year 3, Spring

Careers: Cleared - 21; In Progress - 2; Remaining – 25
Full List

Previous Generations

Generation 5
Trent Odrade:
Adutl/moved out; Engineer-Computer completed week 40
Thames Odrade heir: Adult; Active, Romantic, Dog-Lover; Athlete-Professional completed week 40
Teme Odrade: YA; Creative, Loner, Loves-Outdoors; Gardener-Floral Designer 8/10
Lily Odrade: Teen: Loves-Outdoors, Outgoing
Jasmine Odrade: Teen: Dog-Lover, Creative
Jessie Goth spouse: Adult; Proper, Art-Lover, Insider; Detective 7/10

Generation 6
Tay Odrade:
child; Active
Severn Odrade: child; Art-Lover

L-to-R: Severn, Jasmine, Teme, Jessie, Thames, Lily, Tay

Notes

The restrictions lifted by the Professional Athlete career are:
•   Sims cannot leave the neighbourhood (once Military-Officer is cleared) other than for work or school unless they have level 10 fitness.
•   Children may not leave the neighbourhood (once Military-Officer is cleared) unless accompanied by a sim with level 10 fitness.
•   May not use Energy Juice nor eat High Energy Protein Plate.
•   May not watch the Sports channel on TV.
•   May not purchase 'Gym Rat' or 'Insta-Lean' reward traits.

The restrictions lifted by the Computer Engineer are:
•   No internet interactions other than those required by a Sim lifting a career restriction.
•   May only buy the worst computer even if Tech Guru is unlocked.
•   The cell phone may only be used to take or quit a job and CANNOT be used to play games (unless Tech Guru is lifted), invite other Sims to visit (unless Military-Officer is lifted), chat, text or prank. Phone restrictions are lifted on Saturdays from 12 to 6pm.
•   May not use Fast Internet lot trait
It will be great not needing to cancel internet actions! Troll teh Forums is still banned (Secret Agent – Villain)

Has it escaped anyone’s notice that there is now a free space in our Flowers household? I doubt it. #teamSevern is carrying the heir vote for now but...

Title: Don't Stop Movin' - 2001 UK hit from S Club 7 – as the mother of 2 pre-teen girls at this point, I was fully allowed to enjoy S Club 7 hits and their TV show – pure innocent fun!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.6: Don't Stop Movin'
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »
Congrats on lifting two more restrictions.
I imagine Teme's career progress has slowed down due to Jessie's active career, but he's almost done!
Why was Jessie feeling sad? Now I'm curious!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.6: Don't Stop Movin'
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2022, 12:41:16 PM »
Two more careers topped! Nice!
It will be good to have travel, I'm sure. Such a shame they missed the prom.
Considering how often Sims grab their phones to play games, it must be a relief to have that lifted as well.

Hmmmm . . . . another nooboo on the way? Staying tuned to find out!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.7: A Little Less Conversation
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2022, 11:02:42 AM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.7: A Little Less Conversation

Lily: Welcome to my social media profile page! Just to catch you up, my brother Thames and his wife Jessie, took advantage of the spare space in our house to make a baby. Jessie had been wanting more babies which was why she’d been sad. Her and Thames are so lovey-dovey, it’s not surprising a baby’s on the way again.

Lily: The big news is that me and Jazz had our birthdays. We’re both quite similar now, both Outgoing and Creative but she loves dogs and I love being outdoors.

Lily: This is my first day in the Social Media industry. Don’t ask about the facemask, I think it was rookie hazing! With the breakdown of Simciety and danger around every corner nobody knows who to trust and families keep pretty much to themselves. We don#t go out in groups and clubs of like-minded Sims who share hobbies and interests don't exist. I’m going to change all that. Jessie’s right behind me in the best Police uniform of the lot.

Jasmine: Do not look at me! First day as a young adult in the business world and I’ve dressed like the biggest frump around! I think this shirt is some blokes dress shirt! Anyway, the economy of the region is in shambles, people have no spare cash with which to invest in business concerns. That’s what I’m going to sort out!

Lily: I only do one day and then I have 2 days off. Meet my new best friend, Dronkey! He follows me on my run – just loving the outdoors…

Lily: Then we got some terrible news. Mum died! I know she had us late in life but it seems so sad. Dronkey kept an eye on me as I recorded my sadness to share with the world.

Lily: I couldn’t let my public down though so, when I saw that Geekcon was on, I went and checked-in at the Karaoke bar. Dronkey got some footage of me trying to build a rocket…

Lily: Plus I got lots of selfies with the Cosplayers. My follower numbers just keep going up and up!

Lily: Jessie gave birth to a little girl, Iris. Jazz is helping out to build her parenting skills. Me? I think Dronkey got some footage of me changing a nappy but I think I’ll just keep out of the way when the kids want advice.

Lily: My nephews aged up looking a bit weird. Tay’s bun didn’t really suit him so he’s gone for a different Island style and stuck with green clothing. Severn’s hair is OK, I think and he’s sticking with orange clothing.

Lily: Thursday night and my brother Teme comes home with his top promotion. He’s extolling the value of Sims having and appreciating the beauty of decorative plants and flowers on their psychological well being. Gradually other Sims are being won over to his point of view and they begin planting beautiful gardens and cut flowers for the home as they used to before the Apocalypse. He’s moved out to be with our other brother Trent in Mum’s house.

Lily: Would you believe that Jessie and Thames are expecting again. Me & Jazz have only just started our careers but we’re beginning to feel like we're on notice to move out!

Lily: So Teme left us a wishing well as a parting gift. Jessie didn’t need to wish for a baby so she’s after a promotion. She gets it the next day at work.

Lily: Iris ages us with rippling dark hair and green eyes. Watcher dresses her in purple to match her name. She could have gone for yellow but Jazz favours that.

Lily: My nephews spent all Saturday doing homework in the hopes they can graduate early next week.

Lily: Not only did they manage to get to the prom, unlike me and Jazz, they came back with the crown and jesters hat too! Loner Tay didn’t really enjoy himself but Severn said he met a few nice girls.

Progress Week 41 - Year 3, Summer

Careers: Cleared - 22; In Progress - 3; Remaining – 23
Full List

Previous Generations

Generation 5
Trent Odrade:
Adutl/moved out; Engineer-Computer completed week 40
Thames Odrade heir: Adult; Active, Romantic, Dog-Lover; Athlete-Professional completed week 40
Teme Odrade: Adult; Gardener-Floral Designer completed week 41
Lily Odrade: YA: Loves-Outdoors, Outgoing, Creative
Jasmine Odrade: YA: Dog-Lover, Creative, Outgoing
Jessie Goth spouse: Adult; Proper, Art-Lover, Insider; Detective 9/10

Generation 6
Tay Odrade:
Teen; Active, Loner
Severn Odrade: Teen; Art-Lover, Dog-Lover
Iris Odrade: Toddler: Independent

L-to-R: Tay, Lily, Jessie holding Iris, Thames, Jasmine (Jazz), Severn

Notes

The restrictions lifted by the Gardener-Floral Designer are:
•   May not purchase or place anything from the indoor decorations-plants section.
•   You may not place any landscaping items from the build tab (Flowers, bushes, trees, rocks, etc.)
•   May not place wedding arch or wishing well.
•   You may not give flowers as gifts.
•   May not grow Cowplants or Money Trees.
•   May not purchase or place 'Patchy' the scarecrow.

With the outside landscaping allowed, I’m tempted to redesign the whole house but I may wait until Interior Designer is cleared. Currently, the house is quite a sprawl but at least I know where everything is.
Having the wishing well to help with promotions should speed up the careers. Does it mean I can squeeze more Sims into each generation?

Title: A Little Less Conversation - 2001 UK hit from Elvis vs. JXL

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.7: A Little Less Conversation
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »
Congrats to Teme on maxing his career and (avoiding nooboo duty by) moving out!
Looking forward to learning which careers Lily and Jazz join.
Will Thames/Jessie eventually fill up the household with the next generation (minus space for the next-gen spouse)?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.7: A Little Less Conversation
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2022, 11:03:00 AM »
Congrats to Teme on maxing his career and (avoiding nooboo duty by) moving out!
Looking forward to learning which careers Lily and Jazz join.
Will Thames/Jessie eventually fill up the household with the next generation (minus space for the next-gen spouse)?
Lily has gone into Social Media (which will open up clubs) and Jazz has gone into Business Investor which I initially didn't think useful but it frees up the Entrepreneurial trait.
I think we'll be going for maximum sims per generation now unless I get overwhelmed by the micromanagement needed!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.8: Miss Independent
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2022, 11:05:26 AM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.8: Miss Independent

Iris: Last week you got the world according to Lily and this week it’s my turn! Mum likes to call me Miss Independent but I can’t help my toddler trait. It’s just as well I’m independent anyway because my little brother Ribble made an appearance at the beginning of the week. Mum was so happy.

Iris: This is me in my sleeping onesie, playing with Dad. He’s always good for some rough and tumble because he’s so strong. He never seems to drop me or get a black eye.

Iris: The biggest news is that Mum topped her career as a detective. We can have late night visitors now and stay out ourselves. Also we can have career stuff out that the family have had hidden in the attic forever. Thieves are under control so they won’t steal it now. Jewelry is allowed too, not that I’ve got any!

Iris: Mum was still wearing her top-brass uniform when Ribble aged up. He really likes red so that’s what he wears all the time. Those sunglasses didn’t last long. Although we’re allowed to wear them now, he kept bumping into things!

Iris: Here’s Mum & Dad hot-housing us! Neither of us like it because we’re both independent but it makes them happy.

Iris: This is what makes us happy! Messing about in the ball pit. No parents, just a lot of falling about and giggling.

Iris: It was my birthday this week and I established my independent trait by becoming a loner like my brother Tay. It suits me.

Iris: Lily doesn’t get the whole loner thing. She’s been all over the place this week, checking-in at various venues. She likes to take a wing-man with her and after my birthday, she decided to take me to the Light Festival. She thought a shot of me and her with matching kimonos would look cute. I enjoyed making a wish but that wish was to get away from all those strangers! She’s agreed to leave me at home another time!

Progress Week 42 - Year 3, Summer

Careers: Cleared - 23; In Progress - 2; Remaining – 23
Full List

Previous Generations

Generation 5
Trent Odrade:
Adult/moved out; Engineer-Computer completed week 40
Lily Odrade: YA: Loves-Outdoors, Outgoing, Creative; Social Media 6/10
Jasmine Odrade: YA: Dog-Lover, Creative, Outgoing; Business-Investor 9/10
Jessie Goth spouse: Adult; Proper, Art-Lover, Insider; Detective completed week 42

Generation 6
Tay Odrade:
Teen; Active, Loner
Iris Odrade: Child; Loner
Ribble Odrade: Toddler; Independent

L-to-R: Iris, Tay, Lily, Jessie holding Ribble, Thames, Jasmine, Severn

Notes

Ribble is our 23rd Flower (9th boy) and is named for the River Ribble which flows through Yorkshire and Lancashire. Besides being fun to say River Ribble (go on, try it!), there is an amazing Viaduct in the Ribble valley which we visited on a recent holiday.

The restrictions lifted by the Detective career are:
•   This career is locked until Military-Officer is cleared (all GTW jobs)
•   May not place or use any career reward objects (too tempting for thieves).
•   ALL sims MUST be on the lot between the hours of 7pm and 6am unless they are at work.
•   Any visiting Sims on the lot MUST leave by 7pm curfew.
•   Sims may not purchase fire alarms.
•   Sims may not call the fire department if there is a fire on the lot.
•   No jewelry/sunglasses
•   May not use Private Dwelling lot trait.

I think, with 23 careers cleared, 2 in progress and 23 remaining, I shall declare this the half-way mark! The next episode will be the start of Gen 6 careers so I'm wondering if this challenge will need 10 generations in all or will we speed through the remaining careers?

Title: Miss Independent - 2003 UK hit from Kelly Clarkson

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.8: Miss Independent
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2022, 01:14:15 PM »

I come back to the forums after a couple of weeks to find so much has happened! Not only have you finished your NSB challenge, but you've hit the half way mark on here as well! So many new careers toppled; so many new kiddos! Seems like you're going full steam ahead, Watcher. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.9: Friday's Child
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2022, 10:20:43 AM »
Flowers of the Apocalypse 5.9: Friday's Child

Iris: Lily insisted that we all went to the Festival of Youth. Both Mum & Dad blessed me and Ribble. Ribble looked really cute bowing but I don’t think he knew what was going on. We didn’t stay for long because the food from the vendors is still dodgy (Food Critic)

Iris: Jazz topped her career as a Business Investor. I’m not sure how it helps but she did it really quick! She moved out and I got to move into the same room as Lily which was OK until she started shining! I wish she’d turn her celebrity off at night!

Iris: With Jazz gone, Mum & Dad wasted no time in organizing another baby. I really must find out how that happens…

Iris: I’m hoping for a little sister. Ribble’s OK, I suppose but he is a boy. It’s nice having him come to school and scouts with me now but he is a boy. There’s a limit…

Iris: I told you about Lily’s celebrity shine? She keeps going round places, shining away, getting asked for selfies and autographs and hugs. Someone let her phone number get out and now she gets the weirdest calls. Someone wanted a lock of her hair for a shrine! Anyway, all the celebrity means she’s getting loads of followers online which is good for her job.

Iris: Lily also makes a lot of videos. Normally she’s streaming live footage of herself but, when she worked out when Mum was about to give birth, she recorded the delivery!

Iris: I don’t know who’ll want to watch Mum like that but there’s some odd folk out there. Oh yes – not a sister! Another little brother – Plym. That’s 2 older brothers, 2 younger brothers and me in the middle. I guess I’ll just have to get them all trained!

Progress Week 43 - Year 3, Summer

Careers: Cleared - 24; In Progress - 1; Remaining – 23
Full List

Previous Generations

Generation 5
Trent Odrade:
Adult/moved out; Engineer-Computer completed week 40
Lily Odrade: YA: Loves-Outdoors, Outgoing, Creative; Social Media 7/10
Jasmine Odrade: YA/moved out: Dog-Lover, Creative, Outgoing; Business-Investor completed week 43
Jessie Goth spouse: Adult; Proper, Art-Lover, Insider; Detective completed week 42

Generation 6
Tay Odrade:
Teen; Active, Loner
Iris Odrade: Child; Loner
Ribble Odrade: Child; Good
Plym Odrade: Nooboo

L-to-R: Iris, Severn, Lily, Jessie holding Plym, Thames, Tay, Ribble

Notes

I mistakenly thought Tay & Severn would age up this week. Their birthday will be in the next episode and will mark the start of Gen 6 careers

Plym is our 24th   Flower (10th boy) and is named for the River Plym which flows from Dartmoor to the seaport Plymouth.

The restrictions lifted by the Business-Investor career are:
•   Sims may not invest in stocks on a computer.
•   May not purchase the 'Entrepreneurial' reward trait.
The Entrepreneurial trait will help with promotions.

Title: Friday's Child - 2004 UK hit from Will Young

anything