Author Topic: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 21: Moving Out and Growing Up  (Read 19774 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 8: When Pleasant Isn't
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2022, 02:03:46 PM »
What a uniquely fantastic way to have Lilith Pleasant whining her way through two weddings and I don't know how many Tookalot parties.
(In your defense, I never choose the Pleasant sisters as dynasty/legacy spouses, either.)
Meanwhile, Gimli fans the flames of Lilith's anger while Legolas mostly takes a neutral stance.
That must have been some week in game!

I laughed at how Gimli has always been so eager to be acknowledged as a Watcher, except in the scenario below (my fave line in the update):
Gimli:  To clarify, when she says "Watcher" all angrily like that, she means you.

Regarding Crelgan (Morvin?), aren't the Tookalots allowed to cake up a townie, if they wish?
I vaguely remember having done that in my BDD, but I'm not sure.  Maybe @GlazeyLady could tell you what's "legal"?
(#Team Crelvin/Morgan)

What a wonderfully imaginative update!  An original way to take us through a Party Animal's countless social events!
Congrats to the happily married couples!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2022, 02:21:52 PM »
Regarding Crelgan (Morvin?), aren't the Tookalots allowed to cake up a townie, if they wish?
I vaguely remember having done that in my BDD, but I'm not sure.  Maybe @GlazeyLady could tell you what's "legal"?

Oh, I am so far behind reading everyone's stories!
But as for what's legal regarding caking up townies - I'm all about "Play the way you want" so if it isn't expressly forbidden, and this isn't, you're welcome to do it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2022, 09:09:53 AM »
I accidentally woke up early this morning, and put the time to good use catching up on the TookALots. SUCH a great way to start the day.

Clearly you have laugh magic in you Pippin, because absolutely no one else could have made me laugh so much at that ridiculous nuts on the bar joke! I laugh just thinking about it! And why? I ask. Why do I find that SO funny? It has to be the Pippin Laugh Magic.

The whole bit with Lilith was just perfect! I also rarely pay attention to her or her sister, and it never would have occurred to me to highlight her in a story. The expression on her face sitting next to Orvin at the wedding is priceless!

I'm also really loving the banter with Pippin, Legolas and Gimli. I'm so glad you decided to bring them into the story.

Thank you so much for getting my day off to such a fun and humorous start.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2022, 08:21:25 AM »
Haha, poor Lilith! She really does look quite distressed in some of those pictures. It seems to me the "lass" made a pretty good case. How will Judge Pippin proceed? ;D
Yeah, poor Lilith!  He horrid facial expressions just really convinced me to go in this direction for the update!  I'll try to make sure I pick her as a dynasty spouse one of these dynasties, but we've kind of missed that window on this go-round.

What a uniquely fantastic way to have Lilith Pleasant whining her way through two weddings and I don't know how many Tookalot parties.
(In your defense, I never choose the Pleasant sisters as dynasty/legacy spouses, either.)
Meanwhile, Gimli fans the flames of Lilith's anger while Legolas mostly takes a neutral stance.
That must have been some week in game!

I laughed at how Gimli has always been so eager to be acknowledged as a Watcher, except in the scenario below (my fave line in the update):
Gimli:  To clarify, when she says "Watcher" all angrily like that, she means you.

(#Team Crelvin/Morgan)

What a wonderfully imaginative update!  An original way to take us through a Party Animal's countless social events!
Congrats to the happily married couples!
So glad you enjoyed the update and the presence of the co-Watchers in it.  And yes, Gimli is absolutely not on my side  ;=)
The cake thing is such a genius idea that I completely overlooked!  It's illegal in some other dynasties and I foolishly assumed.  I owe those kids an apology...for more than just the caking thing...

I accidentally woke up early this morning, and put the time to good use catching up on the TookALots. SUCH a great way to start the day.

Clearly you have laugh magic in you Pippin, because absolutely no one else could have made me laugh so much at that ridiculous nuts on the bar joke! I laugh just thinking about it! And why? I ask. Why do I find that SO funny? It has to be the Pippin Laugh Magic.

The whole bit with Lilith was just perfect! I also rarely pay attention to her or her sister, and it never would have occurred to me to highlight her in a story. The expression on her face sitting next to Orvin at the wedding is priceless!

I'm also really loving the banter with Pippin, Legolas and Gimli. I'm so glad you decided to bring them into the story.

Thank you so much for getting my day off to such a fun and humorous start.
Oh my goodness!  This is probably one of the sweetest and most thoughtful replies to a story that has ever been written.  Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.  It may have prompted me to get the next update done in that much more of a hurry  :=)
Pippin Laugh Magic.  That is wondrous!  I feel like I'm mediocre at best at trying to write in a dramatic, mysterious, or full-on romantic vein, but comedy?  Yeah, that's where I feel like I can have an impact.  Reading your words of affirmation that my ridiculous writing is bringing you such joy just warms my heart so immensely.  Thank you, again, for your kind and thoughtful words and encouragement  :=)
And now, I'm going to post that update you so kindly encouraged me to pull together sooner rather than later!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 9: Fair is Fair
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2022, 08:21:54 AM »
At a place near the thin veil between here and the magical realm, a trio of Watchers walked into a bar.
Gimli:  Heh, "trio of Watchers walked into a bar."  Sounds like the start of a bad joke!

Legolas:  So, why are meeting here again?
Pippin:  I told you, we have to clarify a misunderstanding I had about the rules with Orvin and Miki.
Legolas:  Yes, I got that, but why did we come here to do that?
Pippin:  Oh, yeah, well, I wanted a place with lots of witnesses, and I also have it on good authority that I possess a thing called Pippin Laugh Magic, so I figured I'd get to a magical place to try to enhance that.
Legolas:  For your own safety?
Pippin:  (sigh) Yeah.

Orvin:  There's the most beautiful Sim in the world!
Miki:  Easy, tiger!  What would your father say if he saw you talking to a non-voting-age teen like that?
Orvin:  Eh, he'd probably be too distracted by going immediately inside to get votes.
Miki:  That's fair.

Orvin:  No, you're fair.  The fairest of them all!
Miki:  That was cheesy, but it was cheesy in a way that I'll accept. 
Orvin:  I'm glad.  And cheesy.  I'm definitely cheesy.
Miki:  Alright, cheesy loser, let's go talk to the train wreck brigade and find out what went wrong.
Orvin:  How do you know something went wrong?
Miki:  Have you met your Watchers?
Orvin:  Yeah, that's fair...but not as fair as you.
Miki:  So cheesy!

Pippin:  I'll just clear off this table.  They should be here any minute...
Orvin:  Oh, hi, Pippin!
Pippin:  Oh, hey.  Come on over.  Have a seat.  Nothing's wrong.  Kind of.  Honest.  Sort of OK.  Really.
Miki:  That's a less-than-reassuring start.

Grace:  Hold up, so you're saying a Watcher is about to get chewed out by their controlled Sim?
Legolas:  Not even the controlled one!  The petite girlfriend of that controlled one.
Grace:  Oh, lordy!  And to think I almost went home to watch a drama when I could have missed this live action one!
Legolas:  Buckle in, they're about to get started!

Miki:  Alright, Watcher, what did you screw up?
Orvin:  Honey, let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he didn't completely ruin something this time.
Pippin:  Thanks, Orvin...I think.  Anyway, funny story.  You know how caking works?
Miki:  Of course.  Every Sim knows how caking works, Pippin.  You blow out candles and get older.  It's how this hunky chowder head ended up older than me despite being born while I was in my childhood years.

Hoodie Guy:  So...you gonna eat all those sammiches?
Gimli:  Yes!
Pippin:  So...it turns out...this is kind of funny when you think about it...you know how you've been our age inappropriate couple?  I mean...whew, if only I'd realized a thing before or asked a question...
Miki:  I'm really getting impatient.  Give us the bad news already.

Pippin:  Oh, well, you see, it's not really bad per se...just unfortunate timing.
Grace:  Oooo, I think things are about to heat up!
Legolas:  No no, be patient.  It's gonna get so much worse!
Pippin:  It turns out...we're allowed to cake townies whenever we want so I could have aged you up to young adult the same day Orvin aged up and you could have actually been together this whole time sorry.
Miki:  Are you serious?!?

Orvin:  This is great, though!  Now that we know, we don't have to wait through the rest of your teen years and you get to keep joking about me being your "old man" and stuff!  And I mean, all that stuff with my dad not even considering you as a spouse for me because of voting age did make for some amusing writing in the updates.
Pippin:  Thank you, Orvin, but I'm going to have to ask you to not break the fourth wall.
Orvin:  Speaking of, do we have an earlier save so we can undo the Dina thing?
Pippin:  (gulp)
Miki:  Dina thing?

Legolas:  Alright!  Now the real show's getting started!
Grace:  Oooo, this is a train wreck dumpster fire!  What a show!!
Miki:  What Dina thing?
Orvin:  Pippin wanted to help my mom complete her aspiration, so he made me...
Pippin:  Well, Chaza needed four grandkids, you see, and we only have space for two at most in the household so...

Miki:  Did you seriously make the love of my life father some other random Sim's children just because it was convenient for you?!?!?!?
Pippin:  Well, it sounds really bad when you put it like that...
Miki:  Do you seriously think there's a good way to put that?!?!?!?
Pippin:  I...no...

Orvin:  Oh, Hi, Watcher Gimli.
Gimli:  Hey, lad.  Just thought I'd come get a better view of Pippin getting chastised.
Orvin:  That's fair.
Miki:  You are, without doubt, the worst Watcher in history!!!
Pippin:  I mean, that's fair and probably true.  Look, Miki, I know I messed up and I feel horrible and I'm so sorry and I hope you can forgive me...and maybe not punch me.

Pippin:  Seriously, what can I do to make this right?
Miki:  Well, you can't make it right, but you will make it better.  I need to be caked up...
Pippin:  Of course!  Planning on it!
Miki:  and you need to prioritize getting Orvin's big dream finished so he can move in with me. 
Pippin:  You don't want to move into teh dynasty household?
Miki:  And have the worst Watcher in history?  Hard pass!  But you'll do everything in your power to speed up his big dream.  I'm talking use that wishing well for promotions, focusing on finishing his aspiration, and making time for him to have dates and actual romantic moments with me, not just occasional screenshots for cuteness and comic relief.
Pippin:  I mean, sure.  Of course.

Grace:  Well, that was a roller coaster!
Legolas:  If you think that was something, you should try being his co-Watcher!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I think there's only one appropriate way to end this update...

Legolas:  a dance party!
Pippin:  Yeah!  Get down!
Orvin:  I don't think Gimli can get down much further.
Gimli:  Yeah, I...wait...is that a short joke?

OrvinL  This is great!  Ok, Pippin, I think it's time to pull the cake out!
Pippin:  Cake?  Should I have brought cake?
Miki:  PIPPIN!!!!
And with a Watcher's life somewhat removed from peril, we are ready to move forward with the TookAlot dynasty.
Miki:  Worst.  Watcher.  EVER!!!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 9: Fair is Fair
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2022, 11:28:25 AM »
Oh wow Pippin! Even your official Laugh Magic didn't save you. And I see Watcher Marcus ducked this one. Do we get a peek at Orvin's indiscretions, for want of a better description? And Dina's not even a red-head!

At least you didn't break a rule and have a restart which I was a bit worried about as I was reading through. Not that that happens to anyone (hangs head in shame).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2022, 11:29:16 AM »
Oh no! I'd assumed that Pippin felt the need to apologize to Orvki (Mikvin, lol!) because he had not taken steps to let them get married sooner.
But...the Dina thing? Goodness gracious!
Pippin came so close to absolutely destroying Orvin's relationship with Miki, but she has blamed the Dina thing on Pippin while forgiving Orvin.
(Pssst, Miki! Dina's no "random townie," but the Tookalots' next-door neighbor...)
Hmmm, If I were Miki, I might have demanded that Pippin provide a lifetime of free spa therapy, or at least one season, hehe.
Gimli is the usual troublemaker; he's more of a Stirrer than a Watcher! 

Thank you for this! I'd wondered after your latest update why you were so bothered about not aging up Miki earlier... rofl.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
Love it! Love it!
You know, this is exactly the place where we need the "Smash face into cake" option. How DARE she talk to Pippin like that! Without him, she wouldn't even be IN the story! There wouldn't even be a story to be IN!
Seriously, THAT little missy needs a chill pill!
If she keeps that up, you send her over to my Cordovas - they'll pull out their wands and light a fire under her she won't soon forget!

On another note, I am so happy you found my response sweet and encouraging. I'm glad to have encouraged you to get this update out quickly - I was loving my way through 7 generations of Berries at the time, and I was quite pleased to see Pippin over there as well - Double Pippin is always a good thing!

Looking forward to more Pippin Laugh Magic.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2022, 11:02:16 AM »

Ah-ha! *claps hands* What a great update. I agree with Miku - you've been a terrible Watcher for making Orvin have children with another woman. How dare! And then after all this drama to forget the cake! :P

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2022, 01:54:53 PM »
I would blame it all on the lord of the rings and be done with it. LOL

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2022, 08:56:19 PM »
Oh wow Pippin! Even your official Laugh Magic didn't save you. And I see Watcher Marcus ducked this one. Do we get a peek at Orvin's indiscretions, for want of a better description? And Dina's not even a red-head!

At least you didn't break a rule and have a restart which I was a bit worried about as I was reading through. Not that that happens to anyone (hangs head in shame).
Oh, believe me, I've been in the "oops, guess I broke a rule and ruined my dynasty" boat several times, but just an oversight of an exploit this time around  ;=)
And of course I'll be showcasing the illicit offspring!  Every opportunity for toddler spam should be taken!
And no, Dina's not a redhead, but she showed up on the lot already in a flirty mood when I really wanted Orvin to get Chaza's aspiration moving along, so I just went with it.  Besides, I never choose her as a dynasty spouse, so I thought this would be a nice closest thing for her, so it was nice...in a weird and twisted way  ;=)

Oh no! I'd assumed that Pippin felt the need to apologize to Orvki (Mikvin, lol!) because he had not taken steps to let them get married sooner.
But...the Dina thing? Goodness gracious!
Pippin came so close to absolutely destroying Orvin's relationship with Miki, but she has blamed the Dina thing on Pippin while forgiving Orvin.
(Pssst, Miki! Dina's no "random townie," but the Tookalots' next-door neighbor...)
Hmmm, If I were Miki, I might have demanded that Pippin provide a lifetime of free spa therapy, or at least one season, hehe.
Gimli is the usual troublemaker; he's more of a Stirrer than a Watcher! 

Thank you for this! I'd wondered after your latest update why you were so bothered about not aging up Miki earlier... rofl.
Yeah, the apology definitely had more to it.  I might have just let the Dinaboo linger in the background as a little dynasty secret if the other thing with the cake mistake hadn't happened, so I figured in for a penny, in for a pound  ;=)
Yes, Gimli is so hardcore not on Team Pippin.  Or team anyone else, for that matter.  He just enjoys stirring things up and then sitting back to watch the show.
Hmmm, a lifetime of spa therapy for poor, poor Miki?  That would be fitting!

Love it! Love it!
You know, this is exactly the place where we need the "Smash face into cake" option. How DARE she talk to Pippin like that! Without him, she wouldn't even be IN the story! There wouldn't even be a story to be IN!
Seriously, THAT little missy needs a chill pill!
If she keeps that up, you send her over to my Cordovas - they'll pull out their wands and light a fire under her she won't soon forget!

On another note, I am so happy you found my response sweet and encouraging. I'm glad to have encouraged you to get this update out quickly - I was loving my way through 7 generations of Berries at the time, and I was quite pleased to see Pippin over there as well - Double Pippin is always a good thing!

Looking forward to more Pippin Laugh Magic.
Awwwww, I feel so loved and protected!  Hmmm, mayhaps Pippin will boldly stand up to young Miss Miki knowing full well he can retreat and hide behind Mari  ;=)
Yeah, oshizu and I love having the Watcher crossover stuff.  I think that first happened during out Sharebear Legacies, but it might have occurred a time or two prior to that?  It's hard to remember with so many years and so many stories  :=)
And yes, your message when you'd caught up on this story and coined the term "Pippin Laugh Magic" was just too delightful!

Ah-ha! *claps hands* What a great update. I agree with Miku - you've been a terrible Watcher for making Orvin have children with another woman. How dare! And then after all this drama to forget the cake! :P
Yep, I figured since I blew the whole knowing about the cake in the first place, it only made sense to forget it in the update.  Glad you enjoyed this little bit of narrative silliness  :=)

I would blame it all on the lord of the rings and be done with it. LOL
Oooo, that's a brilliant plan!  I should have done that  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 10: Took a Lot to Bear a Lot
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2022, 08:57:17 PM »
We return to the TookAlot household after a severe reprimanding was put upon a certain Watcher...
Gimli:  Heh heh, he means you, lad!
Pippin:  Yes, everyone knows that, thank you, Gimli.
to find that the situation is immediately being remedied.

Orvin:  Ummm, why do you have me out here snowboarding instead of caking up Miki?
Pippin:  Oh, bullocks!
Legolas:  Were you just regretful in a stereotypically British way?
Pippin:  ...should I not have been?
Legolas:  Well, you're not British...?

Miki:  Oh, how nice that the world's worst Watcher finally bothered to cake me up to young adult.  Oh, and he invited the sweethearts of the other boys.  Thanks for coming to my birthday party, gals!
Morgan:  You're welcome!
Yuki:  Umm, I live here, so...
Legolas:  And at long last, the lovers could mush their faces together all romantically.

Miki:  Umm, why is he ruining this moment with bad narration?
Pippin:  It's his first time narrating a romance scene.  Go easy on him!
Legolas:  Thanks, Pippin!
Pippin & Legolas:  (high five)
Orvin:  Come here, Miki...

Orvin:  let me teach you how the tent works!
Miki:  Oh, is this the tent you used with that nasty Caliente harpy.
Orvin:  No, that was the other tent...oh...I mean...I'm sorry.
Miki:  Eh, I'll just beat Pippin up for it later.
Pippin:  Excuse me while I go hide behind Mari Cordova.
And since romance is in the air...

Crelvin:  Morgan, will you marry me?

Morgan:  ...no.  We had our first kiss like 5 minutes ago.  And besides, your family is just weird.
Valdrin:  Well, it's exactly that ability to come from a weird and unexpected angle that make me such a great representative of the unique and diverse people of our fair city and that's why I hope to get your vote in the upcoming election.
Crevlin:  Yeah, weird.  Fair point.
Legolas:  But while this youngster had trouble with his own romantic undertakings...

Legolas:  he undertook romantically undertaking for others...really...well...or something.
Pippin:  Great effort!  And you stuck it out 'til the end!
Legolas & Pippin:  (high five)
Crelvin:  (singing) ...and they call it betcha nothin'.
Yuki:  Would you care to mush our faces together all romantically?
Halvin:  Well, when you put it like that, how could I possibly say no?
Legolas:  See?  They get it!
Morgan:  They're all so weird.
Just wait, Morgan, they get weirder.

Valdrin:  ...so as you can see, Simanity, I have nothing to hide.  Pure honesty from Valdrin TookAlot.  Clearly the best candidate.
Chaza:  Best candied date!
Morgan:  Ugh, they are the weirdest.
Gimli:  And eventually, the whole weird lot of 'em come back home.

Chaza:  Lumpy belly!!
Miki:  That's right, Mother Chaza, you're going to be a grandmother!
Chaza:  I'm a mother who's grand!
Miki:  Well, yes, but I mean you'll have a grandchild.
Chaza:  A child who's grand!
Miki:  ...OK, now I see why the narrator just gives up.
Thank you, Miki.  Thank you!
Pippin:  But sure enough, a little bundle of joy is on the way for Orvki...Mikvin?  What is their ship name anyway?
Miki:  MikiAkiyamavin.
Orvin:  Yeah, that sounds about right.
Pippin:  And after some quality time with his favorite gal...

Gimli:  he gets his lazy backside back to the slopes.
Orvin:  OK, I've done about fifteen straight runs, maybe I should take a breather?
Gimli:  A breather?  Sounds like Elf talk to me.  More sloping, less groping!
Pippin:  He means griping!
Gimli:  ...but that doesn't rhyme.

Orvin:  Oh no.  Oh no!  OH NO!!! (CRASH)  My knee!!!
Gimli:  And that's how ye take care of that get injured requirement.  Excellent Watching if I do say so myself.  Well, time to head back to the homestead.
Orvin:  Owww.  Help?  Somebody?  Can't get up...
But eventually, our hero rises from his fallen state, stronger from the fall and ready to slay the mighty beast that is...his dynasty requirements.
Pippin:  Are you embellishing because you're afraid of Miki?
I'm terrified of her.
Pippin:  That's wise.

Legolas:  But no one had to be afraid of dear, adorable Yuki.
Yuki:  Are you just saying that to appease the pregnant and hormonal lady?
Legolas:  Yes, but that doesn't make it untrue.
Pippin:  And besides, this shot shows off both how cute you are in your Spooky Day party costume from the party that completed Valdrin's aspiration, and it also shows off your adorable pregnant belly.
Yuki:  So you're calling me fat eye candy?
Pippin:  ...I suggest a hasty retreat.
Legolas:  Agreed!
Legolas & Pippin:  (high five)
And speaking of adorable children on the way...

Miki:  Did you just really belly spam the readers, Pippin?
Pippin:  ...should I not have?
Legolas:  But young Orvin has other children on the way...
Miki:  Because Pippin is the worst Watcher ever!
Pippin:  True, but I'm surprised that child hasn't been born yet.  Maybe if we send Orvin over that will jump start the process?

Orvin:  Ohmygosh!  Baby's coming!!!
Pippin:  Yep, that did it.
Orvin:  I have to take her to the hospital!
Pippin:  Nope, you can't do that, champ.  Guess you'll have to go climb a mountain.
Orvin:  ...is this another weird British phrase?
Pippin:  No, I was being literal.

Orvin:  Oh, right.  Climbing Mt. Kobarmbni. 
Legolas:  Mt. Komorebi?
Orvin:  Yeah, that!  Let's go, Team Lilith!
Lilith Pleasant:  He picked me!  He even named the team after me!
Lilith Vatore:  I mean, OK.

Lilith P.:  Umm, Orvin?  Are you looking at my butt?
Orvin:  No!  I mean, kind of, but only in a...watching you climb sort of way?
Lilith P.:  I accept the compliment!
Orvin:  ...you're welcome?

Lilith P.:  Woot!  Yeah!  Go Team Lilith!!
Lilith V.:  Yeah, I could have just gone vamp speed and been there an hour ago.
Lilith P.:  But you didn't!  Go Team Lilith!
Lilith V.:  Yeah, whatever you say, ginger.
Orvin:  Almost to the top!  Almost finished with this aspiration!
Legolas:  No, that's not accurate.  This is the last requirement for the next-to-last stage of your aspiration.
Orvin:  ...oh.

Orvin:  Woot!  Made it to the top!
Lilith P.:  You're welcome, Orvin!  It was so smart of you to pick me to be the leader of this excursion!
Orvin:  But I was the...
Lilith V.:  Just let her have this one.
Orvin:  ...OK.  Congrats, Lilith.  Couldn't have done it without you!
Lilith P.:  Correct!  You absolutely could not.  Good thing someone was finally smart enough to choose me!
Orvin:  I think Pippin sent me in to clean up another one of his messes?
Pippin:  Correct.
And next, the well helps Orvin move ever closer to finishing his Big Dream so he can finally be free of dynasty constraints and move in with his beloved.

Orvin:  Oh wow!  A full promotion?  That's so generous!
Wishing Well:  Yeah, well, Miki frightens me.
Orvin:  That's fair.
Pippin:  OK, time for some toddler spam!  First we have an aged-up Meghan Caliente-TookAlot...

Pippin:  And then an aged-up Kelley Akiyama-TookAlot

Miki:  No, Pippin, just Akiyama.  I'm not naming her after your stupid dynasty family.  No offense, honey.
Orvin:  OK.
Pippin:  And at last, our stupid dynasty family gets a little bigger.

Yuki:  AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
Pippin:  Very eloquent!
Yuki:  You try morphing a Sim out of your body and see how eloquent you are!
Pippin:  I...am sorry.

Pippin:  Awww, she's blue like her daddy!
Yuki:  Yes, and she's a boy.
Pippin:  Oh.  Right.  I was going to have you eat strawberries and listen to pop music.  Did I not mention that?
Miki:  Worst.  Watcher.  EVER!!
Legolas:  And here is aged-up toddler Orpheus TookAlot.

Pippin:  He looks like a tiny ginger John Denver.
Yuki:  Yes, we went with the TookAlot name for him, though we combined my last name with Halvin's for me.
Pippin:  Oh, so Behr-TookAlot or TookAlot-Behr?
Yuki:  No, either of those would be too much of a mouthful, so we went with BehrAlot.
Legolas:  Fitting.  Joining this family, you will, in fact, have to bear a lot.
Pippin:  Ummm, Orvin?  Did you...

Pippin:  abduct your illegitimate children?
Orvin:  Psh, no!  They're my children.  This is called parenting.
Pippin:  OK, that's...questionable logic at best, but what's Miki going to say about you bringing your child with Dina here?
Orvin:  ...I have made a mistake.
And with Valdrin one promotion away from completing his Big Dream and Chaza only one promotion and one grandchild away...
Dina:  Did someone call?
Pippin:  NO!!!
we bid farewell to the TookAlots and BehrAlots and Akiyamas and Took-Alot-Calientes and all the other random Sims occupying this lot at the moment.
Dina:  I was just trying to help.  By the way, has anyone seen my child?  I seem to have misplaced her?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 10: Took a Lot to Bear a Lot
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2022, 12:50:40 AM »
I loved how Pippin and Legolas have gotten so chummy and supportive of each other, while churly Gimli remains a grump and troublemaker.

LOL I take that back about spa therapy for Miki. She is the worst!  I will never let her into any of my dynasty challenges from this time forward!
Poor Orvin! You know Miki will never let him forget that moment of indiscretion (is that the right word) with Dina.
Also, I'm confused about the grandchildren count.
There are three sons and Orvin has two kids.  Ahhhh, because Crelgan is still under construction...

Btw, I laughed at how kind and considerate you were to never-gonna-be-a-Took-spouse Dina Caliente. Awww, letting her bear an illicit Took child. 
Count your blessings, Dina! ;p

LOved Yuki's low-key "I live here, so..." when Miki is treating the othe ladies like nobody matters except Miki.
Morgan's whole "this family is weird" shtick is also a win.  C'mon, Morgan, you knew this family was weird. How long have you been hanging around that house?
Say yes to Crelvin!  Don't make us wait any more for the Crelginboos.

Another wonderful update, Pippin!  All the laughs! I really needed them today.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2022, 12:01:16 PM »

BehrAlot - hehe! Valadrin giving a campaign speech in a towel? And Morgan with her "no ... this family is weird." All wonderful laughing points. ;D

And, you know me - I gotta give a big huzzah to the new blueboo!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2022, 06:26:01 PM »
I love how Valdrin claims the weirdness as an attribute that warrants voting for him. But campaigning in nothing but a towel might be taking it . . . wait, considering some RL political candidates, maybe it's not so far out there . . .

Gimli - great Watching to smash Orvin's knee at just the right time - too funny!

It was quite generous of Lillith V to let Lillith P bask in the spotlight.

And just know, anytime Miki gets out of hand, Mari will be there for you Pippin.