Author Topic: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 21: Moving Out and Growing Up  (Read 19729 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 13: Who Nose What's Next?
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2022, 10:55:35 AM »
Love Ophelia and her hunt for the perfect nose. After all she wouldn't want a "flat-faced, flat-nosed, flat-head" (Roxanne) for her baby daddy.
Loved the Roxanne quote!!  And yes, it's all about the noses with the Took/TookAlot crews  ;=)

I really enjoyed the greenhouse/house tour! What a surprise that the greenhouse is a replacement for the original house rather than an addition.
But when I see how you've set up the various areas of the lot, I see that the Tookalots aren't missing anything.  Except maybe a comfy outdoor couch.
(As if I ever let my sims laze around outdoors on patio furniture...)
Love the little kitchen/dining patio. 

I remember a certain Watcher's love for the genetics of the Victor Fend/Morgan Fyres combo and initially thought Gabriella would be a shoo-in.
But I stand corrected by Chaza: the nose is everything! (Gabriella is still gorgeous!)

Haha, the Watcher herding the Gen2 boys to catch cowberries where none can be found.
I take it the boys are only waiting on their career promotions?

Haha, Ophelia and her "fashion disaster in pink shorts."  Hudson looks ecstatic from Ophelia's attentions.
Have Crelganboos arrived in the world yet?
Great update!
Glad you liked the greenhouse!  I actually hadn't originally planned to do that, but partway through gen 2, it occurred to me how nicely that would work out!
Crelganboos are in route, but no tin world yet.  Their first attempt didn't take, oddly enough.
Psh, as if I'd just be having the boys fish to keep them busy and out of the way as if they're IDC elders  ;=)
And yes, Gabriella and Jennie are both lovely, but Sarah has the best nose  ;=)

Nice to see that the kids have appropriately nosey suitors. Not sure whether Hudson needs a make over stat, or if I need to get on board with his little pink shorts! ;D
Haha, loving all the nose comments!  I was so utterly disappointed when the unique nose disappeared in my IDC, so I wanted to make sure I could avoid that this time around!
Oh, sadly enough, the pink shorts are here to stay  ;=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 14: Beds and Walls
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2022, 10:55:59 AM »
We rejoin the TookAlot household where it is time for some more age-ups.

Meghan:  Maybe you could ditch the loser ballcap look when you age up?
Kellie:  Not a chance!

Kellie:  Woot!  Ballcap intact!
Meghan:  Wow, I want to be as beautiful as you when I grow up!
Kellie:  Awww, thanks, illegitimate half-sis!
Meghan:  Oh, uh, I meant Jennie.
Jennie:  Thanks, weird and apparently illegitimate child!
Orvin:  Stop saying that!!
And then it was Meghan's turn.

Pippin:  (sigh) When he said "turn," he didn't mean turn away from the camera.
Meghan:  Oh.  I got confused.
Legolas:  No worries, we'll get face pictures later as more things kept happening around the TookAlot household.

Gimli:  Never promised it was exciting things happening, eh, lad?
Orpheus:  Woot!  Finishing up my seventh unique genre book to complete one of my final requirements for aging up!
Pippin:  You literally only have two requirements for that, so "one of my final requirements" is selling it a bit hard.
Orpheus:  But, Watcher Gimli just insinuated that things were boring, so I tried to make it sound exciting...
Pippin:  Ophelia!!  What are you doing?!?!?

Ophelia:  Woodcrafting?  I mean, theoretically there's a bunny in here somewhere and I'm going to cut him out.
Legolas:  Not quite how carving a bunny statue works, but at least she's getting knife training in case the Orcs attack.
Orvin:  That's not a thing!
But it wasn't all hard work for generation 3 as they were able to make some time for fun and socializing.

Ophelia:  Wow!  This outfit's another winner!
Pippin:  You mean the banana tights, blue loafers, and a sport coat?
Ophelia:  So classy!
Pippin:  And I thought it was bad when he was Mr. Pink Hot Shorts!
Ophelia:  Well, that being the case, his middle name is Hot!
Pippin:  Wait, I...no...I mean yes, but...
That joke brought to you courtesy of Watcher oshizu.
Gimli:  And then it was time for the lass to flit off like some dandy Elf and do stupid tree things.

Legolas:  Yeah, we shouldn't have let Gimli do that transition.
Ophelia:  Hi, Magic Tree!  I'm really pretty and awesome, so if I water you, will you let me go to the magic place where I can get more seeds and my uncles can fish for dragonberry fruits?
Magic Tree:  Hmm, you are pretty and awesome, so yes.

Ophelia:  Thanks, Mr. Tree!
Magic Tree:  Psh, Mr. Tree is my father!  Please, call me Magic.
Ophelia:  Thanks, Magic!

Crelvin: OK, yeah, no immortal Took ever got to spend their time fishing in this place, so this just proves that we're doing something important and not just being sent off to stay out of the way, right?  ...right?
Pippin:  But young Crelvin proved that he was doing very important things by helping to ensure that we keep glorious genetics in the Simverse.

Crelvin:  Yeah, apparently our first try for baby didn't work, so what say we go for another several rounds?
Morgan:  Really?  Right here in the tent next to where your parents and sister-in-law are sitting?
Crelvin:  Psh, we'll be quiet.  No one will even know anything's happening!  And besides, we can just move to the other tent for the second go!
Yuki:  Yep, we don't notice you kids at all.
Valdrin:  You voted for me, so no judgment here.
Chaza:  Judge mints!  Those sound delicious!
Morgan:  ...you and your family are so weird!

Ophelia:  Yep, just making this mirror.  No idea that baby-making is happening in the tent three feet away from me.
Morgan:  Ugh.  Why couldn't we have just gone to my place where there are beds and walls?
Crelvin:  So...you don't want to do a round three?
Morgan:  Of course I do!  I'm just going to complain in between rounds.
Crelvin:  That's fair.
Pippin:  But finally, Morgan's fun-filled weekend came to an end and while the teens were at school the next day...
Legolas:  Orpheus' last required postcard arrived...

Gimli:  and the lass got a B.

Pippin:  And of course, the first thing the now-young-adults did was to call some close friends...

Orpheus:  Hey, uh, I want you to get older so we can be together.  Like with each other and stuff.
Sarah:  So, I look like my dad in drag, I'm disgusting, and now you're calling me old?
Orpheus:  I...yeah, I said all of those things.
Sarah:  You're really bad at courting, but fortunately for you, I have really low standards.
Orpheus:  Woot!  That's a win!
Legolas:  And cue the double date!

Pippin:  So, we have Sarpheus?  Orrah?  I think Orrah.
Legolas:  And what about the other couple?  Ophson?  Hudphelia?
Pippin:  Eww, Hudphelia sounds like a disease!
Ophelia:  It is and I've got a bad case of it!
Pippin:  (facepalm)
The Hudphelia disease joke brought to you, once again, courtesy of Watcher oshizu.
Ophelia:  Did you write any of this update, Pippin?
Pippin:  Hey!
Ophelia:  Oh, excuse me, it's smoochy time!

Legolas:  And after a first kiss smooch that involved really carefully avoiding jabbing each other's eyes with their noses...

Ophelia:  Care for some in tents woohoo, Mr. Pink Hot Shorts?
Hudson:  I'm still just so confused, but so happy!!
And that led to...

generation four being on the way.
Ophelia:  Way to show up a touch late, confetti!
Pippin:  But Orpheus was, surprisingly, also very successful at courting.

Orpheus:  Wanna, maybe, that we could also do the going in the woohoo tents?
Sarah:  Woohoo tents?  That's your romantic line for our first time together?
Orpheus:  I...yes?
Sarah:  ...OK.

Sarah:  And for future reference, there are actual beds at my house.  And walls.
But the romantic interests weren't the only ones getting significant time in with our heirs.

Orpheus:  Thanks for coming to the park to help me level up my logic skill, Meghan!
Meghan:  So, you think I'm pretty like Jennie Landgraab, right?
Orpheus:  I don't really know her, but I suppose you might be pretty alike.
Meghan:  ...I'll take it.
Ophelia:  Kellie!  What's that!!!

Kellie:  Huh?  What? 
Ophelia:  Oh, I just thought I saw something.  By the way, checkmate!
Kellie:  ...oh.
But our heirs weren't the only ones making great progress...

Orvin: Level 10 of the athlete career!  I've finally finished my Big Dream and now I can finally move in with my beloved and our two beautiful children!
Gimli:  Oh, uh, about that, lad, her house is full.
Orvin:  ...I can finally...buy my own house and move in my beloved and our two beautiful children!!

Pippin:  And so he did, but he forgot to marry his beloved first, so they're still illegitimate children.
Orvin:  Wait, what?!?!?!?
Miki:  Illegitimate children crew is still a thing, huh?
And so, with another lovely TookAlot baby on the way...

we bid farewell to the TookAlot household.
Orpheus:  Grandma?  Why do you look so...well rounded?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 14: Beds and Walls
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2022, 11:27:13 AM »
Holy moly, the Tookalots don't mess around with everyone gets down to business!
L giggled at how Mr. Pink Hot Pants can't help but make mismatched wardrobe choices.
He and Ophelia are perfect together; I can't really imagine her with a Don Lothario type.
Both Ophelia and Orpheus are such adorable sims!

Um, did Orvin wet himself while waiting for the kids to blow out their candles? I spot a puddle on the floor.
I can tell that's Orvin because he forgot to remove his Adventurer's Gear, hehe.
Oh, and he forgot to marry Miki before moving out! Just a minor technicality, Miki. Rest assured that Orvin is all yours!

Oh my, so many Tookalots living in sin! And so much progress that my head is spinning.
Congrats, Watcher, on completing your third Big Dream! 
And I'm crossing my fingers that one of the Crelganboos inherits the Took nose!

So looking forward to meeting the next generation and seeing which child gets which nose!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2022, 12:39:22 PM »
Wow - lots of progress . . . another Big Dream in the books - Congrats!

It's bittersweet when one generation is completing their challenges, but it also brings such anticipation for the next gen - looking forward to meeting them.

And I am holding out hope for Legolas, by the way, that someday, somewhere in the simverse, there will be an actual Orc sighting . . . or something close to it. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2022, 03:44:34 PM »
Just un-confused myself with a quick scan of your generations 1-3 post. So Yuki's been the only brought-in dreamer so far. Your planning is impressive and I love the dedication to the interesting noses - both Hudson & Sarah are nasally-blessed! I think Ophelia is my favourite so far.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2022, 03:14:28 AM »

Congrats to Ophelia and Mr. Pink Hot Shorts! Poor Sarah, she really deserves better than Orpheus. He needs to get his act together! And another Big Dream down! I dig the last photo with the hoodie - never noticed that top but it's so cute.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2022, 10:29:46 AM »
Holy moly, the Tookalots don't mess around with everyone gets down to business!
L giggled at how Mr. Pink Hot Pants can't help but make mismatched wardrobe choices.
He and Ophelia are perfect together; I can't really imagine her with a Don Lothario type.
Both Ophelia and Orpheus are such adorable sims!

Um, did Orvin wet himself while waiting for the kids to blow out their candles? I spot a puddle on the floor.
I can tell that's Orvin because he forgot to remove his Adventurer's Gear, hehe.
Oh, and he forgot to marry Miki before moving out! Just a minor technicality, Miki. Rest assured that Orvin is all yours!

Oh my, so many Tookalots living in sin! And so much progress that my head is spinning.
Congrats, Watcher, on completing your third Big Dream! 
And I'm crossing my fingers that one of the Crelganboos inherits the Took nose!

So looking forward to meeting the next generation and seeing which child gets which nose!
Wish granted, you'll get a glimpse of a Crelganboo in the next update  ;=)
I've got three BD's down and three more that are a single promotion away from happening!  So exciting!  Oh, and of course, gen 4 arrives in the next update, so even more excitement!
And yes, Hudson was the perfect fashion disaster to come along for Ophelia.  There's just something right about those two train wrecks running into each other  :=)

Wow - lots of progress . . . another Big Dream in the books - Congrats!

It's bittersweet when one generation is completing their challenges, but it also brings such anticipation for the next gen - looking forward to meeting them.

And I am holding out hope for Legolas, by the way, that someday, somewhere in the simverse, there will be an actual Orc sighting . . . or something close to it. :)
Hahaha, I almost did a staged scene to include an Orc attacking while Orvin was working on his BD, but then I just never felt like it was the right time, and then he was finished!  Still, we can't rule out the possibility of it coming up later  ;=)

Just un-confused myself with a quick scan of your generations 1-3 post. So Yuki's been the only brought-in dreamer so far. Your planning is impressive and I love the dedication to the interesting noses - both Hudson & Sarah are nasally-blessed! I think Ophelia is my favourite so far.
Yep, I am planning for all female heirs so I don't have to bring in any Sims and complete collections, but the strawberries and pop music were too little and too late when Chaza was pregnant with Crelvin, so I'm making sure to start earlier and be more obnoxiously over the top going forward  ;=)
Ophelia is wonderful, though I wonder if gen 4 might change your mind about favorites  :=)

Congrats to Ophelia and Mr. Pink Hot Shorts! Poor Sarah, she really deserves better than Orpheus. He needs to get his act together! And another Big Dream down! I dig the last photo with the hoodie - never noticed that top but it's so cute.
Yeah, poor Sarah.  Orpheus is sweet and well intentioned, he's just...not smooth.
I agree, the cat hoodie is so cute!  It seemed like a very fitting athletic wear choice for Chaza who, of course, had just gone for a jog while being all sorts of pregnant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 15: Plans, Silence, and Spam
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2022, 10:30:20 AM »
When Pippin abandoned the TookAlot household...
Pippin:  Hey!!  The end of the semester and Christmas preparation makes for a very busy time of year!
Gimli:  And yet the lad seemed to find time for Skyrim.
Pippin:  Not helping!
Legolas:  I don't think he was trying to...
gen 4 was underway and gen 3 was growing ever closer to their respective move out dates with the first one already out the door.

Kellie:  Why do people keep calling me illegitimate?  I know how to read!
Miki:  No, sweetie, you're thinking of "illiterate."
Kellie:  ...oh.
Gimli:  But that lad wasn't the only one wasting productive dynasty time canoodling with some girly.
Orvin:  Umm, she's my wife and my Big Dream is completed, so...
Miki:  Not your wife!
Orvin:  ...oh yeah...

Legolas:  That's right, Crelvin made time to mush his face romantically against Morgan's!
Morgan:  Seriously, your family and all three of your Watchers are just so weird!
Legolas:  And there's something other than romantic face mushing that brought him here...

Legolas:  That's right, it's little baby...someone...
Crelvin:  Leilani.
Legolas:  What?  You named her after me?  I'm so flattered!
Morgan:  Ummm, no.  Other than having the same first two letters, there's nothing...
Legolas:  I'm just a little emotional right now, give me a moment.
Morgan:  ...so weird.
Pippin:  And after visiting that little bundle of joy who will hopefully strongly resemble her mama...
Gimli:  Which will make Pippin give her lots of screen time.

Pippin:  Crelvin went to his parents' new house...and basically ignored them.
Crelvin:  I'm on a mission!

Pippin:  Another baby blueboo!!
Crelvin:  Yep, my baby bro Nixon!
Pippin:  He is not a crook!

TookAlot Family:  (glares)
Pippin:  ...too soon?

Ophelia:  I have so much belly right now!
Pippin:  Yeah, for some reason the TookAlot ladies seem to have really large baby bumps, yet only single deliveries.
Legolas:  Which is convenient since gen 4 will be a one Sim generation which will bring in a trio of TookAlot toddlers for gen 5 to complete the Family Ties BDD.
Pippin:  Oooo, trio of TookAlot toddlers was fantastic alliteration!
Legolas:  Thanks!
Pippin & Legolas:  (high five)
Gimli:  And while we wait for all that toddler rubbish to happen, there's skilling to be done!

Orpheus:  I'm knocking out Painter Extraordinaire as my second creative aspiration and just waiting for enough money from royalties to roll in to complete my bestselling author aspiration.
Ophelia:  I'm boosting my logic by destroying my trophy husband at chess!
Hudson:  Ummm, trophy husband?  We're not actually married...
Ophelia:  Making you all the more of a trophy!
Hudson:  I'm so confused, but so very happy.
Pippin:  But eventually, the happy day arrived...
Legolas:  It was night, actually.
Pippin:  The happy night arrived...

Ophelia:  Simba!!!  Oh...wait a minute...

Ophelia:  Lion King Part Two!!
Pippin:  Twins?!?!?!?
Legolas:  Aww, two adorable nooboos?
Pippin:  This throws off the plan!!!
Gimli:  Ugh, an extra brat.
Pippin:  I had a plan!
Ophelia:  And after a quick age-up to toddler and some makeovers...

Ophelia:  Here's my adorable little Shavlia...
Shavlia:  (blinks)

Ophelia:  and sweet little Briesquille!
Briesquille:  Ah do bah bim bumba doo!
Legolas:  Those are...interesting names...
Ophelia:  They go by Shavy and Brie.
Legolas: Oh thank goodness!
Pippin:  ...but there was a plan...
Gimli:  I believe it's time for Spam.

Shavy:  (points curiously)
Brie:  Idda wabby tabby!!
Legolas:  What are you eating, Gimli?
Gimli:   Spam.  Weren't ye listening?
Legolas:  No, toddler spam, not toddlers and Spam.
Gimli:  Eh, same thing.

Ophelia:  And who's a good little girl?
Brie:  Oh!  Pit me!  I knows!!!
Ophelia:  You nose?  Well, that seems fitting for this family.

Shavy:  (ornery smile)
Legolas:  You...can speak...right?
Shavy:  (nods)
Legolas:  ...OK...

Gimli:  And both gals are working on their imagination skill...

Gimli:  when they're not napping like lazy Elves!
Legolas:  Hey!
Pippin:  ...there was a plan...this was a one Sim generation...

Ophelia:  Does Uncle Orphy have any chance of beating your Mama?
Shavy:  (shakes head vigorously)
Ophelia:  Well said!
Legolas:  ...but she can speak, right?
And their father also got in some time with the twins.

Hudson:  Do you need a bath, sweetie?
Shavy:  (shakes head and points at Wabby Tabby)
Brie:  Her dun get da tings doned!
Hudson:  Confused, but happy.

Ophelai:  Hey, Gramps!  You know, if you weren't sitting on the couch, The Lion King Part Two wouldn't have to sit in front of the nasty, overflowing potty chair.
Valdrin:  ...but the glass also looks half empty, though it's undeniably still half full...
Shavy:  (glares)
Brie:  Campa needa move so sissy habba seat ondo touch!
Valdrin:  ...definitely still seeing half of it empty, though...
Gimli:  And afore too long, the wee ankle biters were finally allowed to have some cake...but they'd better not touch my Spam!
And after the cake...
Shavy:  (starts walking to the dresser)
Brie:  Woot!  Makeover time!  Gotta look my best to meet all my new friends!!!

Brie (pink hair):  Makeover...check!
Shavy (hat):  (thumbs up)
Legolas:  She'll start talking any day now, right?  ...right?

Brie:  Hey, Aunt Yuki!  We're all aged up now!  We look different, don't we?  Oooo, I know!  Guess which one's me and which one's Shavy!
Shavy:  (blinks)
Yuki:  You're the one who's speaking.
Brie:  Nope, I'm...oh.  You got it right.  C'mon, Shavy, let's go try with Grandpa Valdrin.  He never pays enough attention, so we'll probably trick him.
But the twins weren't the only ones growing up.

Ophelia:  Who's a cute little flesh eating monster? 
Fluffy the Cowplant:  Moo?
Ophelia:  I meant other than Gimli, but yes.
Gimli:  Hey!!
Ophelia:  Spam is meat, and meat is technically cooked flesh.
Gimli:  You kids these days and your logic!
And so, the chatterbox...

and her silent sister...

begin their leg of the journey, and the TookAlots are having success despite their Watchers and their apparent shortcomings.
Gimli:  Mmmm, Spam.
Legolas:  But seriously, she knows how to speak, doesn't she?
Pippin:  A plan.  I had a plan!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 15: Plans, Silence, and Spam
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »
Oooh, twins and they're both so adorable!
I have different favorites at the toddler and child stages, so I'll keep silent about that until they're teens. ;)
Sorry about your master plan, though, Pippin. :(
No doubt, the twins will steal your heart and you will be thankful for your good fortune later. :D
The twins are precious! Can't wait to see which BDs they choose!

Thank you for the tour of the other family members.
Crelvin is my fave, so I'm eager to see how Leilani ages up. 
Haha, go visit them to "Discuss expanding the family" for more Crelganboos! Please?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 15: Plans, Silence, and Spam
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2023, 07:16:55 PM »
Oooh, twins and they're both so adorable!
I have different favorites at the toddler and child stages, so I'll keep silent about that until they're teens. ;)
Sorry about your master plan, though, Pippin. :(
No doubt, the twins will steal your heart and you will be thankful for your good fortune later. :D
The twins are precious! Can't wait to see which BDs they choose!

Thank you for the tour of the other family members.
Crelvin is my fave, so I'm eager to see how Leilani ages up. 
Haha, go visit them to "Discuss expanding the family" for more Crelganboos! Please?
Your fandom of Crelgan has been noted, though the twins are dominating my time and screenshots at the moment.  Needless to say, they've stolen my heart as you predicted  ;=)
Always a joy when the game throws unexpected twists our way and we have to adjust...and maybe find something even cooler  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 16: I Can Bat Too!
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2023, 07:17:36 PM »
When last we'd left the TookAlots, the adorable toddler twins had became charming children.
Pippin:  Nice alliteration, narrator!
Thank you.  And said charming children immediately get to work on more aspirations than they need.

Brie:  Random child!  Let's be friends so I can get closer to completing my social butterfly aspiration!
Random Child:  Ummm, are you trying to impress me so I can be your dynasty spouse?
Brie:  Psh, no!  You'll still be a child when I'm already a young adult, silly!  That would be gross!
Random Child:  Ummm, that's weird.
Brie:  Sounds like a yes to me!  One friend down!
Random Child:  ...k...?

Legolas:  Wow, look at the sparkles!  Are you doing art or magic?
Legolas:  ...OK...?
Gimli:  And both wee lasses did stuff fer their schoolin'.

Ophelia:  Umm, according to these instructions, you're putting things together a bit...differently.
Brie:  Psh, trust me, mom.  I know how to build a castle.
Ophelia:  That's true, although, this is supposed to be the solar system.
Brie:  Not when I'm done with it!
Ophelia:  That's my girl!
Crelvin:  ...ummm, Shavy?  You're just sitting there posing like you're thinking and not doing anything.  Do you need me to start working on this for you?
Shavy:  (keeps posing)
Crelvin:  OK, maybe I'll just get it started for you.
Shavy:  (smiles)
Pippin:  But it's not all hard work for our gals as they find time to play at the park.

Brie:  Argghh!!  Be there any monsters off the starboard bow, Cap'n Nobeard?
Shavy:  (points curiously at herself)
Brie:  (loudly whispering) Yes, you're Cap'n Nobeard.  Because you have no beard. 
Shavy:  (nods and gives thumbs up)
Brie:  So, be there any monsters?

Shavy:  (looks and shakes head)
Brie:  ...OK.  This seemed more exciting in my head.
Yuki:  Notice me.  Notice me!!
Gimli:  Alright, wee buggers, it's time to do work again!  Can't have ye becoming lazy little Elves!
Legolas:  Hey!

Brie:  Woot!  Friends!!

Brie:  More friends!
Shavy:  (thumbs up)
Brie:  Hey, since we have so many kid friends, it's time for kids' night out!
Pippin:  Is that a thing?
Pippin:  OK, good enough for me!  Cue the kid spam!
Gimli:  Spam?!?!?!?
Pippin:  And so, the kids head to...whatever that music lounge place is in...the desert neighborhood...
Legolas:  The Solar Flare in Oasis Springs?
Pippin:  That's the one!

Brie:  Alright, crew!  I'm gonna go fiddle in the place.  Hang out here and chat about how awesome I am to bring fans in and then come watch me own this joint!
Random Kids:  She's so cool and confident!

Shavy:  ("tada" hands)
Random Kids:  I mean, yeah, you and your sister are so cool!  And what's that?  Your sister's playing here tonight?  Oh man, everybody should go check her out!  She's so talented!
Everybody:  Ooo, let's go!!
Shavy:  (nods in satisfaction)

Brie:  (screeches sommewhat passably through song after song)
Everybody:  I mean, she's not great, but she's so darned cute!
Pippin:  Brilliant!  It's like "The Music Man!"
Shavy:  (points curiously)
Pippin:  What?  No!  I didn't call your sister a man!  It's a musical with a badly performing kids' band.
Shavy:  (hands offendedly on hips)
Pippin:  What?  No!  "It" as in "The Music Man," not "It" as in calling your sister that!!

Random Guy:  When did this lounge become a daycare.
Shavy:  (points straight down)
Random Guy:  Oh, right now?  OK, that's good enough for me.
Legolas:  But it wasn't only child friends that the twins needed.

Shavy:  (wide-eyed fascination at the pregnant belly of Morgan)
Pippin:  Ummm, Shavy?  Maybe interact with Morgan and not just her belly?
Morgan:  Nah, she's adorable.  We're friends.
Pippin:  Thanks, Morgan.
Morgan:  I gotchu!  And your weird dynasty family.

Brie:  Lilith Pleasant?  The Lilith Pleasant from the famous Team Lilith?
Lilith:  That's me!
Brie:  Oh my gosh!!  I totally choose you as my first and therefore most important adult friend!
Lilith:  ...I'm not crying, you're crying!
Gimli:  And eventually, we got to eat cake.

Brie:  Woot!  Teen time!!

Brie:  Woot!  You look so awesome, sis!!
Shavy:  (points back and forth between them)
Brie:  Aww, you're so sweet!  Now it's time to take a vacation to celebrate!

Pippin:  Celebrate what?
Brie:  Graduation!
Pippin:  Graduation?
Brie:  From elementary school!
Pippin:  Ummm, most people don't take vacations to celebrate that...
Brie:  Most people are missing out!
Legolas:  But wait, where are you going?

Shavy:  (points all around)
Brie:  Batuu!
Legolas:  Bless you!
Brie:  ...I didn't sneeze...?  Oh look, a food place!!

Shavy:  (holds up one finger)
Bartender:  One order of everything?  Sounds good!
Brie:  Hey, I have a fun idea!  Why don't you teach us how to make these things?
Bartender:  Umm, not sure I'm supposed to...
Shavy:  (stares him down)
Bartender:  ...here's a copy of the recipes.
Brie:  Sweet!  Now where was that other food place?
Shavy:  (points)

Brie:  And did you get his recipes too?
Brie:  You are such a smooth talker, sis!
Shavy:  (smiles)
Brie:  I know, let's change out of these weird, baggy parkas and then go get some bronto and brontoless food!

Brie:  This stuff's great! 
Brie:  So, anyway, I was thinking, you know how Pippin had this lame dynasty plan?
Pippin:  Hey!
Shavy:  (stares)
Pippin:  Sorry.  Go ahead.

Brie:  Well, I came up with this way cooler plan for us.  What do you think?
Shavy:  (nods enthusiastically)
Pippin:  Wait, what's the plan?
Brie:  Sweet!  Well, I'd better go find us a ride home so we don't miss school.
Pippin:  Wait, what's the plan?

Brie:  Oh, maybe we can just catch a ride with that handsome guy in the vest and his fuzzy friend.
Pippin:  Wait, you still haven't told me the plan!
And so, generation four has a road clearly laid out for them...

Pippin:  But what's the plan?!?!?
but then again, who needs roads when you can just fly?

Pippin:  ...but really, what's the plan?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 16: I Can Bat Too!
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2023, 08:15:33 PM »
Ohhhh, Brie and Shavy are so lovely.  And, what are the chances? How awesome that the Chaza nose has been passed down to both twins!
I thought perhaps the twins' hair might turn turquoise as teens, similar to the case of their Mama Ophelia, but it stayed white-blond for both of them.

I know how much you love Star Wars, so it's great seeing the girls enjoying the culinary delights of Batuu!
And to repeat their Watcher, "...but really, what's the plan?"
Can't wait to find out!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2023, 02:52:43 AM »
Back to the Future refs in Batuu - you are spoiling us!

The girls win by a nose.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2023, 09:18:08 PM »
Ohhhh, Brie and Shavy are so lovely.  And, what are the chances? How awesome that the Chaza nose has been passed down to both twins!
I thought perhaps the twins' hair might turn turquoise as teens, similar to the case of their Mama Ophelia, but it stayed white-blond for both of them.

I know how much you love Star Wars, so it's great seeing the girls enjoying the culinary delights of Batuu!
And to repeat their Watcher, "...but really, what's the plan?"
Can't wait to find out!
Yes!  I was so happy that at least one of the founder noses is sticking around  :=)
I'm glad that you like looking at the twins as they're about to dominate the next update as we reveal their Big Dreams.  I might comment that you already mentioned part of their Big Dream idea, but I don't want to give (Ba)too much away  :=)

Back to the Future refs in Batuu - you are spoiling us!

The girls win by a nose.
By a nose indeed  ;=)
Glad you're enjoying the references and bad puns!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
TookAlot Big Dream Dynasty, Chapter 17: The Time of the Twins
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2023, 09:19:13 PM »
When last we'd left the TookAlots, the twins had just returned from their celebratory graduation from elementary school trip

Their completely unchaperoned trip to another planet that they were allowed to take despite the fact that they are minors.
Gimli:  Miners?  Aye, just like the Dwarves!
Legolas:  And they returned just in time for a visit from Father Winter!

Father Winter:  Umm, what's this?
Shavy:  (holds out skillet)
Brie:  It's a grilled cheese sammich!  They're delicious!!
Father Winter:  Ooooookay...

Father:  Well, you've given me a gift, but don't you want to ask for a gift?
Brie:  Oh, well, if it's not too much trouble, we could really use an option for an attractive redhead gal in case our forgetful and neglectful Watcher crew mess up again and forget to have us use the strawberries and pop music to ensure a girl.
Pippin:  Hey!  True, but hey!
Father Winter:  Well, I can't really...
Shavy:   (points excitedly)

Brie:  Yay!  Thanks, Father Winter!!
Father Winter:  Oh, uhh...you're welcome?
Legolas:  Yep, Miki Akiyama's kid sister is our future back-up plan.
Miki:  Excuse me?!?!?!?
And so, our teens, who never bothered to share their dynasty plan with their Watcher, begin teen careers.

Legolas:  Aww, they coordinated their return from work with their Uncle Crelvin for some nice, close-knit family time!
Shavy:  (frowns aggressively)
Brie:  Yeah, this is weird.
Morgan Fyres:  My point exactly!
Legolas:  But those frowns quickly disappear as our girls enjoy some time cooking...in their jammies?

Brie:  Hey, we never actually need to sleep, so if we want to show off the sleepwear we picked out, we need to get creative.
Brie:  Like busting out our athletic wear for dance parties!

Shavy:  (just vibing)
Legolas:  The dancing is mainly to work on their entertainment moodlet.
Pippin:  And they work on their responsibility by finishing homework.

Brie:  Well, Shavy does.  She needs the responsibility trait.  I don't need any traits at all!
Legolas:  But do you need an A or at least a B in high school?
Brie:  ...oh poo!
Gimli:  And speakin' o' the silent lass needin' ta be responsible...

Shavy:  (stops and stares into the camera)
Pippin:  ...what?  It's cute!
Gimli:  An' this wasn't cute.

Legolas:  Poor Brie was having negative mood swings for the majority of her time as a teen.
But despite the mood swings and intrusive Watcher pictures...
Pippin:  It was cute!
our girls quickly complete their requirements and have the short Teen years that are common for TookAlots, so it quickly becomes cake time.
Legolas:  First up is Brie...

Pippin:  Followed by Shavy!

Brie:  Alright, sis, you know what we need to do now, right?
Pippin:  Umm, I don't!

Shavy:  (nods at the phone, nods again, hangs up)
Pippin:  ...how does that even work...?

Brie:  ...yes, that's right, I'll also be joining the culinary career.  OK.  Oh, and the other thing we discussed...?  Oh, that sounds great!  Thanks!
Pippin:  So, culinary careers and what other thing?
Brie:  It's all set, let's practice some cooking!
Pippin:  What's all set?!?!!??
Legolas:  Well, apparently a cooking montage.

Legolas:  OK, cooking and fashion montage.
Brie:  If you've got it, flaunt it!
Pippin:  But what's the other thing?
Shavy:  (points inquisitively)
Brie:  Yeah, I suppose we can let him see now.  Follow us, Watchers!
And so, the twins lead their Watchers to what had been an empty lot in Magnolia Promenade, but it is now...

Brie:  Our awesome theme restaurant!
Pippin:  Wait, is this...?
Brie:  Inspired by our trip?  It sure is!
Shavy:  (gives a thumbs up)
Pippin:  No...well, yes...but I was going to say, is this...

Pippin:  the Milenium Falcon?
Shavy:  (nods enthusiastically)
Brie:  We decided to have it be Batuu-themed, but with a bit of a focus on the robots, so we called it Bot Too!

Gimli:  Wait...so they make food?
Legolas:  That's right, gen four will feature Brie doing the Foodie Big Dream while Shavy takes on the Restauranteur Big Dream.
Pippin:  ...Bot Too...
And so, our culinary kiddos are set to go on their leg of the dynasty and the rest of gen two will be moving out...in the next update.
Pippin:  ...Milenium Falcon restaurant...