Author Topic: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges  (Read 9054 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »
I have fixed that row, again. Please make a fresh copy and let me know if it correct.

Thanks - my Sim finally completed her last project to give an overall score, calculated on the revised spreadsheet, of

*7902 minutes*

Thanks for the challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 02:33:03 PM »
I have fixed that row, again. Please make a fresh copy and let me know if it correct.

Thanks - my Sim finally completed her last project to give an overall score, calculated on the revised spreadsheet, of

*7902 minutes*

*picks jaw off the floor

You did this in one day?!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 03:08:14 PM »

*7902 minutes*

*picks jaw off the floor

You did this in one day?!
My name is Granny Lawlor and I'm addicted to Sims :o
(Also - don't forget we in the UK get a head start)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 09:32:55 PM »
Sorry I have a couple more quick questions:

How should we define "unique" for the upgrade task? Eg. Willow Creek library has two toilets but they're the same type of toilet - so do I count them as two unique items I can upgrade for this task or just one?

Who counts as a resident of Britchester? I haven't decided yet what I will be doing in Britchester, but I'll have to do something. Obviously the Elderberry and the Pleasant families count as residents but that's only 4 YA+ sims & 1 teen. Do the uni students count? How about the professors? 

@Granny Lawlor - Wow, I'm amazed you're done already! That was so quick!  :D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 09:43:53 PM »
Sorry I have a couple more quick questions:

How should we define "unique" for the upgrade task? Eg. Willow Creek library has two toilets but they're the same type of toilet - so do I count them as two unique items I can upgrade for this task or just one?

Who counts as a resident of Britchester? I haven't decided yet what I will be doing in Britchester, but I'll have to do something. Obviously the Elderberry and the Pleasant families count as residents but that's only 4 YA+ sims & 1 teen. Do the uni students count? How about the professors? 

@Granny Lawlor - Wow, I'm amazed you're done already! That was so quick!  :D

1. Unique means that you can not upgrade two toilets with "self-cleaning" Only one can have self-cleaning.
2. Resident List

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 12:51:35 AM »
Oh. Good thing I asked because I would have got the upgrade task completely wrong. From the wording on page 1, I thought it meant that the items receiving the upgrades had to be different, not the upgrades themselves. Might need reconsider my plans a little.

So just to double check that I understand it correctly now... My sim has to do 6 unique upgrades (unique as in each upgrade has a different name) and each one has to be on a different thing. And all these 6 things that get an upgrade must be on community lots in the world we go to for that task. Is this right?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2022, 01:40:36 AM »
I actually did 6 unique items rather than 6 unique upgrades...it is possible on community lots but not in every world

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »
Okay, let's put this to rest. And @sdhoey -- hopefully I am not stepping on your toes by disagreeing with you ;) . The rule is...

2. Upgrade 6 unique items total on one or more community lots

My take on that is it's not the upgrade that is unique, it's the item. If it were the opposite the rule would be phrased as "Make 6 Unique Upgrades..."

So, it's 6 unique items -- i.e. you cannot do 6 toilets. You would do 1 toilet, 1 stove, 1 sink, etc.

EDIT: jesslc - if you have proceeded in your file you have permission to go back to the point when you originally asked your question above. So, if you would choose you could do 6 unbreakable upgrades. But, they would all need to be done on 6 unique items.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 06:03:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Dallas Huston took 6 hours and 8 minutes to obtain loans from 6 residents; 13 hours and 14 minutes to upgrade 6 unique items; 7 hours and 1 minute to paint 6 paintings from reference; 6 hours and 4 minutes to achieve level 6 violin and earn $66 in tips; 10 hours and 29 minutes to catch 6 unique fish; and 10 hours and 18 minutes to reach level 6 of fitness for
a total of 53 hours 14 minutes (3,494 minutes).

Thanks for an awesome year of fun challenges, Team 8)!

Coolsim

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2022, 08:34:56 PM »
Okay, let's put this to rest. And @sdhoey -- hopefully I am not stepping on your toes by disagreeing with you ;) . The rule is...

2. Upgrade 6 unique items total on one or more community lots

My take on that is it's not the upgrade that is unique, it's the item. If it were the opposite the rule would be phrased as "Make 6 Unique Upgrades..."

So, it's 6 unique items -- i.e. you cannot do 6 toilets. You would do 1 toilet, 1 stove, 1 sink, etc.

EDIT: jesslc - if you have proceeded in your file you have permission to go back to the point when you originally asked your question above. So, if you would choose you could do 6 unbreakable upgrades. But, they would all need to be done on 6 unique items.

No toes stepped on here. I just miss read.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2022, 09:24:26 PM »
Skye Lawler crosses the finish line, sweaty and tired at 7,672 minutes.

729 minutes to reach fitness 6, 673 minutes to fish up 6 fish, 1698 minutes to reach piano 6 with tips, 661 minutes to paint from reference, 2,189 minutes to get 6 people to loan her money and 1,722 minutes to upgrade 6 unique objects on community lots.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2022, 10:39:37 AM »
I have finally found some time for Sims rather than Shop Titans :D My total time is 3,087 minutes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »
I have finally found some time for Sims rather than Shop Titans :D

That sounds like a fun game. Should I check it out?! ;)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 02:39:55 PM »
I have finally found some time for Sims rather than Shop Titans :D

That sounds like a fun game. Should I check it out?! ;)

Oh no, don't!!! :D One man once suggested that I should try it, and now I have no life because I got addicted :D His name was Tom, by the way, what a coincidence :)

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2022, 06:44:00 PM »
Oh no.... I think I have to mark myself DNF. My Sim got hit by a meteorite and died 😱

He had completed two of the six tasks.