Author Topic: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges
« on: September 15, 2022, 01:16:49 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
We're sending your Sim on a trip around the Sim universe: Choose any six worlds (including vacation destinations) and race to complete six unique tasks, one in each world. Try to be fast -- the winning Sim gets 1 million simoleons, courtesy of Rosebud Associates.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult human Sim. No changing life state.
  • No additions to the household.
  • No moving and no lot traits allowed on the home lot.
  • If you don't have six worlds, include as many as you have, and then repeat once as necessary. Resident Sims may not participate in more than one task.
  • Clubs and groups are prohibited.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Your Sim must begin the first task in the first world by 9 am on the first day.
  • Your Sim has to stay in each world until that world's task is completed.
  • Your Sim must always travel alone and may not invite any Sim to any lot.
  • A community lot may be added to Newcrest.
  • After completing each task, your Sim will have a mandatory rest period on his or her home lot of at least 12 Sim hours before going to the next task in the next world. Your Sim may not work on any task or on any skill to be used in any task (except cooking) during the rest period, and can only do things that raise needs. Before beginning the next task, your Sim's needs must all be in the green.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has finished the last task in the 6th world. Plug in the necessary information into Lena/SDHoey's spreadsheet. Here.

Pick a different task below to accomplish for each of the 6 worlds (one unique task per world). Tasks may be completed in any order.

These tasks MUST be completed:

1. Get a small loan from 6 residents of the world
2. Upgrade 6 unique items total on one or more community lots
3. Paint 6 paintings of different lots in the world using Paint from Reference

Also choose any three of these tasks:

1. Reach level 6 in any instrument and earn $66 in tips
2. Reach level 6 fitness
3. Catch 6 unique fish
4. Bake 6 birthday cakes and use them to age up 6 residents of that world
5. Woohoo with 6 different residents of that world
6. Find 6 unique collectibles from the same collection (can't be fish)

Scoring
Your starting lot is your break area. The only things you can do on your home lot is fulfilling a Sim's needs. As soon as you leave the boundaries of your home lot, note the time because the clock starts ticking in the first world. When your Sim finishes the task, pause and note the amount of time it took. Add up all 6 times for your total score. Use Lena's Spreadsheet to help with scoring.

Example: Phil Kesim took 5 hours and 25 minutes to obtain loans from 6 residents; 7 hours to upgrade 6 unique items; 8 hours and 30 minutes to paint 6 paintings from reference; 12 hours to achieve level 6 guitar and earn $66 in tips; 3 hours and 12 minutes to catch 6 unique fish; and 12 hours to reach level 6 of fitness for a total of 48 hours and 7 minutes.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Time (minutes)
jesslc2792
mismck2983
Nikitachi3087
coolsim99999993194
Nandarelle3117
SueDenim6825
sone7672
Granny Lawlor7902
Metropolis Man8194
CynKuy14482
techiechickDNF

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 01:17:28 PM »
Reserved

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:18:53 AM »
Thanks team for another fun-looking challenge.

Regarding the collectibles task, do they include every type on the collectibles list in the inventory?
Also, just to make sure, I'm assuming "find" doesn't include buying from stalls, etc

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 04:45:06 PM »
Thanks team for another fun-looking challenge.

Regarding the collectibles task, do they include every type on the collectibles list in the inventory?
Also, just to make sure, I'm assuming "find" doesn't include buying from stalls, etc

If it is in the inventory collections list, then it is good to go. Also "FIND" is the correct word. All 6 collection pieces must be from searching NOT buying at stalls.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 02:53:26 AM »
For the rule 'No moving and no lot traits allowed on the home lot.', does that also prohibit making the lot a tiny home lot?

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 12:25:51 AM »
I'm not sure what the point of a tiny home lot would be when we can't do anything towards future tasks while on the home lot. But it would be good to have a ruling from the team on it.

My initial questions -

Is it okay to use the world that has the home lot as one of our 6 challenge worlds? I only have 7 worlds and that includes Get to Work's Magnolia Promenade, which wouldn't be suitable for most of the challenges (no residents, not enough lots to do the painting task, etc).

Neighbourhood stories has to be disabled for this one, yes?

While experimenting with some stuff in practice, I noticed that going on a date appears to creates a group of your sim and their date. So does this mean that dates are off limits then?

Can I add lot traits to the community lot that I am allowed to add to Newcrest when I'm placing it in my game? And it has to be one of the Maxis default community lots, yes?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 09:31:32 AM »
I'm not sure what the point of a tiny home lot would be when we can't do anything towards future tasks while on the home lot. But it would be good to have a ruling from the team on it.

My initial questions -

Is it okay to use the world that has the home lot as one of our 6 challenge worlds? I only have 7 worlds and that includes Get to Work's Magnolia Promenade, which wouldn't be suitable for most of the challenges (no residents, not enough lots to do the painting task, etc).

Neighbourhood stories has to be disabled for this one, yes?

While experimenting with some stuff in practice, I noticed that going on a date appears to create a group of your sim and their date. So does this mean that dates are off limits then?

Can I add lot traits to the community lot that I am allowed to add to Newcrest when I'm placing it in my game? And it has to be one of the Maxis default community lots, yes?

EDITED:

1. Tiny Lots are fine, no extra traits added outside of the standard traits that come with the lot.

2. Yes that would be fine to use your home world as one of the 6 challenge worlds.

3. . "Neighborhood Stories System: At the start of every new save, unless otherwise specified for a particular tournament challenge, be sure to go into Manage Households to disable all Neighborhood Stories System settings."
    So it has to be disabled.

4. As for the dates, Dates are fine, because you are not creating a "group" but I am waiting to hear from the others on this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 07:13:49 AM »
This Finale challenge goes live on Saturday, so please get all your questions answered before then. Good luck. :)

EDIT: And remember...the Finale is this season's sole Major event -- it's worth two regular events for your World Ranking.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 08:15:39 AM »
I sent several questions via PM to the team few days ago. Did you get them? I haven't had a reply.

My questions above about adding the community lot to Newcrest seem to have been missed as sdhoey didn't answer them. Can I add lot traits when I place it? Also is there a final decision on dates - sdhoey's post above still says she's waiting to hear from the others on this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 08:31:18 AM »
I sent several questions via PM to the team few days ago. Did you get them? I haven't had a reply.

My questions above about adding the community lot to Newcrest seem to have been missed as sdhoey didn't answer them. Can I add lot traits when I place it? Also is there a final decision on dates - sdhoey's post above still says she's waiting to hear from the others on this.

Dates are fine. Sorry on the delay on the other stuff. We will do our best to get your answers covered today.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 08:45:21 AM »

Check your PMS

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 12:36:31 AM »
Thanks, I got it and thanks for clarifying what's okay during the rest period.

Are you still thinking about my question about Newcrest (above) and my question about the collection task that was included in my PM? Or should I just go ahead and assume that these two things are both okay to do, since you didn't say anything about them?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 07:42:55 AM »
Thanks, I got it and thanks for clarifying what's okay during the rest period.

Are you still thinking about my question about Newcrest (above) and my question about the collection task that was included in my PM? Or should I just go ahead and assume that these two things are both okay to do, since you didn't say anything about them?

Unless you hear otherwise today, you have the green light.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2022, 05:40:05 AM »
Hi team

Just filling in my timings but I think cell L13 is wrong. It's set to "0". I also think the "hidden row" 29 is also blank and should have some stuff...

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »
Hi team

Just filling in my timings but I think cell L13 is wrong. It's set to "0". I also think the "hidden row" 29 is also blank and should have some stuff...

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong :)

I have fixed that row, again. Please make a fresh copy and let me know if it correct.