Author Topic: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges  (Read 9039 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2022 Tournament Finale: The Simazing Race: 6 Worlds; 6 Challenges
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 06:50:22 PM »
Oh no.... I think I have to mark myself DNF. My Sim got hit by a meteorite and died 😱

He had completed two of the six tasks.

Ugh. Thank you for participating, techiechick.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2022, 02:56:39 AM »
I tried putting my practice times into the spreadsheet to see how effective my strategy was, but the final row of the spreadsheet (challenge 6) doesn’t seem to be calculating properly at all. It gave me a negative number of minutes. I double checked that I had entered my info correctly and hadn’t accidentally put the wrong day/week or anything like that but it was all how it should be. (I put in start at 11.22am Friday and finish at 6.33pm on the same day and got -169 mins which is obviously not possible). I also tried making a fresh copy of the spreadsheet just in case my earlier copy had been corrupted some how but the row for challenge 6 still doesn’t work right.

Did no one else have an issue with this row?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2022, 06:47:49 AM »
I tried putting my practice times into the spreadsheet to see how effective my strategy was, but the final row of the spreadsheet (challenge 6) doesn’t seem to be calculating properly at all. It gave me a negative number of minutes. I double checked that I had entered my info correctly and hadn’t accidentally put the wrong day/week or anything like that but it was all how it should be. (I put in start at 11.22am Friday and finish at 6.33pm on the same day and got -169 mins which is obviously not possible). I also tried making a fresh copy of the spreadsheet just in case my earlier copy had been corrupted some how but the row for challenge 6 still doesn’t work right.

Did no one else have an issue with this row?

I actually just noticed that the rows for Challenge 5 & 6 are pulling info from the row for Challenge 4 and was getting ready to message the team when I saw your post.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2022, 07:45:21 AM »
Row 5 actually gave me a bit of trouble too but after I made a new copy of the spreadsheet, it seemed like it was calculating correctly for me so I didn't mention it in my earlier post.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »
Thea Overachiever completed all tasks in 2,983 minutes.
Really wish I could have participated in more events - ended up having a bizarre year...

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2022, 09:35:48 AM »
I just corrected the spreadsheet again. PLEASE, do not use the Original that comes up with the link. Click >FILE>Make a Copy. Use the copy you make to score your file.

Thank you 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2022, 10:26:17 AM »
Can someone please test the link for the spreadsheet in the ruleset and tell me if it is directing you to the "make a copy" page? Please

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2022, 08:45:13 AM »
I tested the link and it directed me to a page which asked if I wanted to make a copy. Agreeing brought up a google sheets called "Copy of The Simazing Race by LenaLJ/SDhoey2022".

However the rows for challenges 5 and 6 are still broken in this new copy it made for me. I didn't touch the code sheet or anything just tested it out by putting in some random times (eg Fri 8 am to Fri 10am). It doesn't seem to be reading the hour box of the finish time correctly for both these rows - when I put in Fri 8 am to Fri 10 am it told me 0 minutes, but putting in Fri 8 am to Fri 10:20 am it told me 20 min. And changing the hour box for the finish time of challenge 4 appears to also change the final minutes listed in all 3 rows for challenge 4, 5 and 6.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2022, 11:18:09 AM »
I tested the link and it directed me to a page which asked if I wanted to make a copy. Agreeing brought up a google sheets called "Copy of The Simazing Race by LenaLJ/SDhoey2022".

However the rows for challenges 5 and 6 are still broken in this new copy it made for me. I didn't touch the code sheet or anything just tested it out by putting in some random times (eg Fri 8 am to Fri 10am). It doesn't seem to be reading the hour box of the finish time correctly for both these rows - when I put in Fri 8 am to Fri 10 am it told me 0 minutes, but putting in Fri 8 am to Fri 10:20 am it told me 20 min. And changing the hour box for the finish time of challenge 4 appears to also change the final minutes listed in all 3 rows for challenge 4, 5 and 6.

I have tested, retested, and tripled-tested the spreadsheet. It is functioning correctly. I have even imputed examples back into the code/Example sheet to show that this sheet is indeed functioning. If you are having problems, please Dm the team with your numbers by challenge and we will be happy to input them.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2022, 03:08:04 AM »
I can't wait to read some of the strategies on this one. Mine was messy in my test runs and worse in the real run.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2022, 11:51:21 AM »
I can't wait to read some of the strategies on this one. Mine was messy in my test runs and worse in the real run.

I agree some parts of the challenge (I did complete 5/6 of a practice run) were much more difficult than I expected! But I thought it was really fun and well thought out. Thinking of trying an unofficial practice round, just to see what my score might have been without being interrupted by a meteorite  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2022, 08:49:31 AM »
One week left. Hard to believe this Tournament season is ending next Sunday. Where does the time go? :) Hopefully, we'll see a few more scores for the Finale. Yours truly needs to tear himself away from Shop Titans and get my file done. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2022, 08:48:08 AM »
I guess the problem must be on my end then and something’s going wrong when my computer copies the spreadsheet. It can somehow get the total time correct but the minutes shown for challenges 5 & 6 are both wrong (I guess they must balance out each other out though). Anyway, I worked out my time manually using a calculator first before putting it into the spreadsheet and the total time matches despite this.

My sim completed her 6 tasks in 2792 min.

Also I’ve noticed a discrepency in the time Coolsim reported - 53 hrs & 14 mins would be 3194 min, not 3494 min

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2022, 09:39:29 AM »
I guess the problem must be on my end then and something’s going wrong when my computer copies the spreadsheet. It can somehow get the total time correct but the minutes shown for challenges 5 & 6 are both wrong (I guess they must balance out each other out though). Anyway, I worked out my time manually using a calculator first before putting it into the spreadsheet and the total time matches despite this.

My sim completed her 6 tasks in 2792 min.

Also I’ve noticed a discrepency in the time Coolsim reported - 53 hrs & 14 mins would be 3194 min, not 3494 min

Great score @jesslc!!!

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2022, 08:18:00 AM »
Thanks! Since this was a fairly short one, I was able to do quite a lot of practising which definitely helped.  :D